q1-73-Mis

Moderator: Lead Developers

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Thank you for your input everybody. I am completely indifferent to the actual naming of the cult ranks. The original ones were OK, but were mostly duplicate with ranks in other guilds. The new ones were mostly unique, but I agree they might be to "pure". In the file I have submitted everything is subject to change from structure (which I hope will not alter much, as I tried to fill Lud's and Starcrunches scheme), to particular quests, NPC's, rewards and cult requirements. I am now a little bit busy with other things so I will limit my input with mere comments and suggestions for other people's ideas, but I think somebody in charge (BC ?) should start on assembling the final version of the cult.
THEO
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Well in that case I'll take it up as my responsibility to design the cult's membership, unless anyone objects.
Second batch:

Conjurer 1 Cynical Vampire
Dark Elf Female
Mediloie Lasams

Mediloie is one of the operatives and soldiers of the cult, using her prowess in illusion, alteration, destruction and sneak to enforce the cult's will. She is deceptively young, seen as she became a vampire at a very young age, but is over 60 years old, so still young in vampiric terms. At first she was furious at having become a vampire, but was found by the Cynical Vampire Priest who took her into the cult, teaching her to be proud of her vampirism and to use it. Mediloie is now a loyal servant to the Vampire Priest, and has taken over many of his beliefs. The Priest himself however, cares little for Mediloie, and considers her more as his personal mercenary. Mediloie is usually tasked with the planting of poisons, false evidence, abducting of people, stealing of things and casting of Willpower or Control Humanoid curses, all during the night and as silent as possible. However she isn't good enough at sneaking to do anything too extreme, so she still has to watch out for getting caught at all times. In the cult (the only place the PC will see her), she is known to hate Miliele the alchemist.

Provides training in sneak, illusion and sells alteration and destruction and illusion spells (damage Willpower, Chameleon, fortify Personality, Charm, etc...).

Conjurer 2 TB
Dark Elf Male
Adryn Seloth

Adryn is the other operative for the cult, usually operating during the day. He wears heavy armor as is fitting in the cult, and has many different armors, such as Molecrab, Bonemold or Imperial Guard, so he can act as an imposer. Usually he is tasked with taking care of difficult people, either making them 'dissapear', digging up dirt on them, or forcing them to join the cause. Adryn is sort of secretive about his background, only stating that he was destined to serve Molag Bal. In fact, both his parents were MB cultists and he was simply raised to be one. He is a true believer because that is all he has ever known and by now it is all he wishes to ever know. Both his parents still live and serve the cult posing as members of society.

Provides training in Blunt Weapons, Heavy Armor and Speechcraft.

Conjurer 3 Cynicallish
Breton Female
Miliele

Miliele was once a typical Breton Mage in the Mage's Guild, before she joined the cult. She was more or less an all-round mage able enough in all magical arts. Years ago, she was sent on a mission to obtain alchemic ingredients in the Molaghread region when she encountered Kalortod. Kalortod was in search of a new member for the cult, preferably an alchemist, and Miliele seemed to fit his need. Miliele was coaxed into joining the cult under the presumption of gaining alchemic ingredients. While in the cult she came to believe in the cult's doctrine through the sermons of the Cantors. At the same time she became better and better at Alchemy, all the while being supplied with any ingredients she might need. She currently serves as the cult's main basic alchemist, making a variety of potions raising speechcraft, personality, illusion and with control humonoid effects. She still believes in the cult, but dissaproves of all the vampiric influences. Basically, she is cynical of the cult because of the real cynics.
Provides services to Apprentices and Conjurers (or whatever other rank it's supposed to be), selling potions and ingredients.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I added you chracters to Theo's word file. According to you all we only have to design the slave phase and the rank4 quests. (quests for the warlock I believe) how about you have to beat another slave very close to death and he has to do the same aginst you. Only, you don't know that he has the order to kill you. To survive this challenge you have to realise this and kill him yourself.

Btw, I'm very glad about this team effort. It is impressive that we almost reach the deadline which I of course extent to when it is designed completely. Thank you and have a good new year.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I've only got a minor problem with the cultists. Too many of them are Dunmer, IMO. In the Vvardenfell Daedric ruins there were pretty much as many outlanders as Dunmer. That also applies to the Molag Bal ruins. Unlike many groups in Morrowind, worshippers come from all ends of the empire. I think Orcs, (though they generally worship Malacath), and Nords are especially common.

But as I said, it's just a minor quibble, and not every faction has to be a statistical chart of its potential membership. :wink:
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I think this is because the cult is situated in Telvanni lands, and there is a big pool of potential "evil" dunmer. The next cult, the Boethiah cult, may appear to be more mundane.

immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Well it seems Theo isn't around anymore, and I don't think bloodthirsty is going to edit the questline document anymore, so in that case I'll take the full responsibility for this questline, though I'll obviously welcome any suggestions or ideas. It could take me a few days before I've reorganized the file the way it should be, though (clearing up the hierarchy, making the priest/soldier quests parallel, etc..).

I'm not sure where I'm supposed to go looking for that new file, theviking?

@ Gnomey:
I know that Daedra Cults in MW always had a wide variety of races, which is why I've tried to think up a few outlander NPCs for the cult. But the majority of cultists will still likely be Dunmer since these are Dunmer lands. In any case the cult itself still has too few members in total [10], so if you want to think up some NPCs for the cult, go ahead. In my opinion there should be about 15 members total to keep the cult small yet serious. There's a need for service providing NPCs plus the slaves.

Offtopic: So there's also going to be a Boethian Cult?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Each Daedric Prince that is part of the Dunmeri pantheon (Azura, Boethiah, Mephala | Dagon, Bal, Malacath, Sheogorath) will have their own playable cult faction.

And yep, go ahead with the work. Just don't do anything too radical, and I'm sure it'll be fine. (And if not, we'll all come and be annoying committee members anyway :P )

15 members sounds perfect.

The new file from Vike is probably where Theo's was. I expect Vike has edited it into his post.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I'm sorry, I just copy-pasted your remarks about the characters and added it to Theo files. I was going to change for example CONJURER1 with the actual names, but I thought I should wait for the descriptions of the priests first. So actually, I haven't done anything at all, ;) Here is the file anyway.
Attachments
MBC.doc.doc
(137 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Okay, the first major augmentation I've made, is making the "Enforcer" questline quests more in-depth. Tell me what you think.

YOU BECOME RANK 4 OF THE CULT; ENFORCER
(NOW YOU RECEIVE THE SIGIL AND CAN LEAVE THE SHRINE).

You must now follow orders from the outer cirlce Warlock, KALORTOD.
KALORTOD wants you to do the following with ANDALI SENDAL:

ONE
- Obtain 5 grand soulgems. Andali will be sent to get soulgems from HABESHI, while Kalortod informs you of a secret cultist of the Boethian Cult, who has 2 grand soulgems, and who you are told to slay in the name of Molag Bal.

The cultist can be found in Tel Ouada and will forcegreet you. You will have a couple of filler roleplaying responses but you'll have to kill the cultists regardless. The 2 soulgems will be found in a magically locked chest, the key is on the corpse.

After killing the cultist you get a journal update saying you should check on Andali and Habeshi. Upon going to Habeshi's house you find a hostile Habeshi, kill her. She has a key on her corpse to a secret comartment. Inside you will find Andali Sendal, she will have the three grand soulgems and will tell you that field work really isn't anything for her at the moment, and she will ask for the other two soulgems and leave to return to the cult.

TWO
- Upon return Kalortod will congratulate you and will now send you to get Abeshnal's mother (the mother of the vampire you killed) to join the cult, together with GIRENDAL SELVILO.

Once you get to the interior, Girendal will already be there. He forcegreets you and says he wants to use his newfound skills in Illusion to force Abeshnal's mother to follow him to the cult. You can say yes/no. If yes he tells you to leave and that he will take care of it. If no he'll let you take care of it.

You then go and talk with Abeshnal's mom, she will shout to you that there is a vampire in her house; she obviously sees Girendal. You can give her two different sequences of responses;
1. The vampire you see is an illusion, a projection of your son. I can help this go away but you must join my secret cult, you must follow this projection of your son and do what it tells you to do. [Something like that.]
This results in an eventual commitment. You than tell Girendal it has been taken care of, quest finished.
2. Nightmarish responses; you give her a bunch of evil responses, eventually she freaks out and "Goodbye". The player can then ask Girendal Selvilo to take care of her with his illusionary skills.

Either way you return to Kalortod after finishing, he congratulates you, and Abeshnal's mom becomes a slave in the Molag Bal cult.

THREE
Kalortod has one more task for you before you get one higher rank.
- Break DRAAN SOLOBAR's will to commit suicide; ADRYN SELOTH had given him the codex of Molag Bal and asked him to meet him, but he hasn't shown up. Adryn suspects Draan will commit suicide due to his very weak personality. Kalortod will inform you that Molag Bal wants Draan's body and mind to serve the cult, so you must stop him from commiting suicide and make him join the cult. He will send you to him with SALMS ALEN.

Salms Alen will dress up as a Telvanni Guard and stand guard outside of Draan's house. He will tell you he heard noises inside the house. Once you go inside Draan Solobar will forcegreet you asking you what you are doing in his house, if you've come to kill him. He will say he has a lethal potion of drain fatigue and damage health readied and that he will kill himself regardless.

The player will have a few responses but must persuade Draan to hand over the potion first of all, and later to persuade him to just wait and that you know a 'group' that can 'protect' him (the cult).

Upon returning to Kalortod he will tell you Draan was taken care of, and you will find him as a slave in the cult from thereon.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

These are good, fitting quests.

Two things:

I don't like the name Kalortod (because it has "Todd" in it)

I'd just put the Boethian Cultist in a Daedric Shrine somewhere. We don't want it to look like the cities are swarming with the things. But your call, really.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Well the problem with Redguard names, is that there aren't a lot to beging with, and definetely not a lot fitting for a Warlock of Molag Bal. But here's some alternatives worth considering:

Kalort
Iminda
Domasnn
Alusan
Jartod
Gancol
Hasell
Camas
Camasnn
Sadean

There will be sort of a follow up to the Boethian cultist part, but the cultist will be part of a Boethian cult somehwere on Map1. I think having secret members of a cult in the real world adds more secrecy and seriousness to Daedric Cults.

Here's the most recent file, in which the quests up to Rank 6 have been detailed.
Attachments
Molag Bal v.050.doc
(109 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Can you or Theo perhaps give a description of how you want the headuarters of the cult to look like? Then I can start an interior claim for it, which needs to be done pretty quick. Do you want to go with daedric or continue the old mournhold style of the ruinous crypt, etc.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Butting in, I think OM would be better. Would keep with the crypt more, and Daedric architecture sucks a bit, anyway. Let's let the interiorers have some real fun with a less often used tileset.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

First of all, here's the final list of members of the cult, which totals to something like 14.

Slaves
Yet to be decided but don't count as members.

Apprentices
Girendal Selvilo
Andali Sendal
Salms Alen
Number 4 (dies in apprentice quest)

Conjurers
Mediloie Lasams
Adryn Seloth
Miliele
Number 4 (guards the slaves)

In between
Enchanter (high level enchanter serving those in the inner circle, also does spellmaking and sells spells)

Warlocks
Kalort (takes care of outside matters, recruits members)
Ritual Lore Warlock (true believer that indoctrinates the members in the cult, knows a lot of MB lore, and is the man who organized all rituals and the such.)

Priests
Vampire Cynic
True Believer
Fanatical Believer
==============================
I like the idea of going with an Old Mournhold style interior, but I have no idea if "Ruinous Crypt" even exists, and if so, where it actually is.

In the questline there will be changes in the NPCs in different areas, for example new slaves being added (Abeshnal's mother, Draan Solobar.)
I don't know what is easier for questers;
make a specific slave quarters interior, or make the slave quarters part of the main interior.
For now I'll just go with the following:
------------------------------
"Ruinous Crypt"
This place is where the player will first find Abeshnal the vampire before they're a cult member. This place should be pretty small yet have a dark and brooding feel to it. Perhaps make the lighting very dark to add a 'scare effect' when killing Abeshnal. Somewhere there should be a somewhat hidden door which will lead to the main cult entrance.

[Ruinous Crypt should be replaced with a better name from hereon, but I have nothing. Maybe something Daedric?]
------------------------------
"Ruinous Crypt, Outer Circle"
This is the main quarters of the cult where you will find the Apprentices, Conjurers and Warlocks. It should be pretty big and have multiple stories. Now either the interior goes deeper and deeper, or it goes higher and higher, or maybe both. That is up to the interior modder.

In the Outer Cirlce there will be a door to "Ruinous Crypt, Inner Circle", "Ruinous Crypt, Slave Quarters" and "Ruinous Crypt, Circle of Rituals". (I suck at interior names.)

The inner circle is inaccessible until a certain level. The slave quarters can be entered at will as long as you're initiate rank or higher. The circle of rituals will be specifically used for the various rituals of the cult, and is also freely accessible.

Now the character MILIELE specifically needs her own chamber for one of the quests; "MILIELE asks you to bring her some ingredients from her chamber and gives you a key. She has many rare treasures in her room, however if you touch some she suddenly appears and accuses you of theft, expelling you and killing you. [2]"

So that might be a separate interior as well. In any case it needs ingredients, rare treasures (not too rare though, but tempting) and general alchemic stuff. And if it exists, put some garlic in her chamber, because she dislikes vampires.

MEDILOIE LASAMS needs her own chamber as well, she's a vampire and should have a very dark chamber with two beds.

ADRYN SELOTH is the last Conjurer with his own chamber, he has a basic set of alchemic tools, books on Molag Bal and maybe a weapon or two.

The Outer Circle will need to have its own 'Living Quarters', for a total of 6 beds. These are for the Apprentices and Enforcers of the guild. Very basic, very spartan, because it's for the low ranked cultists. Sort of like those beds in the Balmora Mages Guilds with two beds above eachother.

Next to that, dark and evil stuff, a modest library of three bookshelves, two large tables with plates, food and drinks, maybe a statue of Molag Bal but not too large and an altar.
---------------------------
"Ruinous Crypt, Inner Circle"
Here you will find the quarters of the higher ranked of the cult. There are three priests, two warlocks (who live here but walk around in the outer circle) and one enchanter/spellmaker.

All chambers will be locked.
The Vampire Priest will have a very dark chamber like Mediloie Lasams, probably larger and more fear-inspiring. There should be general 'sophisticated' Vampire stuff like skulls, gems, books etc... Though nothing suggesting Vampirism can be cured so the armiger book is not allowed.

The enchanter should have general enchanting stuff, plus many soulgems which already have souls in them. Couple of soulgems with 'Hungers' (the daedra of arch-enemy Boethiah), maybe some Atronachs and a few *Named* soulgems indicating named Lesser Daedra.

The Ritual Lore Warlock has a bunch of strange ritualistic stuff, sacrificial daggers, lots of books, a few useful enchanted items and anything else that'd fit the description.

The rest of the inner circle is up to the modders imagination, it should have a few artifacts (not too uber), should give the player a superior feeling once part of it and thats about it.
--------------------------
"Ruinous Crypt, Slave Quarters"
Probably spacious, a few cages with slaves, maybe a sort of 'slave pit', torture devices, etc...
--------------------------
"Ruinous Crypt, Circle of Rituals"
Looks a bit like the Arena in Vivec but smaller; you have a "pit" and you have a sort of tribune. Along the side in the middle is a statue of Molag Bal, along with an altar. Might have some various ritualistic items.

Okay, hope this was good enough.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

You can find Ruinous Crypt by the waterfall outside Llothanis.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Okay, quests up unto rank 6 have been finalized. I've added two more rituals to show the ritualistic aspect of the cult.

Now I just need to organize the Priest Quests in Parallel with the following quests.

And then the finale.
Attachments
Molag Bal v.075.doc
(78.5 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

For the flesh golem, we could use (if Hap and Data are willing) the recently released Flesh Atronach resource from Quorn. (It's perfectly lore-friendly, and fits in with the original game - it's a Frost atronach retex)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Annoying lack of edit.

I think at some point, it might be good to have a pre-planned 'break out clause', so that the player can gang up with discontented lower rankers to escape the cult. Or not, it's up to you.

Also, a good idea would be a script that means that if the player leaves the cultists for 2 weeks or more, or something (until they are priest or whatever) then they are kicked out and attacked on re-entry.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Just as a sidenote: instead of using the Molag Bal cult retextured amulet, why not use TR's c/tr_amulet_daedra_01? Looks much more believable.
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

I figured there already was a flesh golem or something like that since it's been mentioned quite a few times before. But oh well. I like the idea of the option to betray the cult, here's what it would look like:
==============================================
Now that your are a Cantor in the cult, the priests will have taken notice of you. All three the Priests will have 1 quest for you to begin with. Kalort and Heceril are still your superiors, though.

After having been promoted to rank 6, the next time you speak with Kalort, he will tell you Haakig (the slave guarder) wants to speak with you. Or if you come across the Slave Quarters, Haakig will forcegreet you:

He will confess to you that he desperately wants to escape this nightmare that is the cult of Molag Bal. He hates how he has let himself become so morally corrupted and how the slaves, and everyone else, are being brutally mistreated and abused. He will tell you he has devised a plan in which he will escape with the peoples he believes he can trust; the slaves, Miliele and you. He wants to help the slaves escape into the wilderness while he himself wants to warn the authorities (Telvanni, Temple, Imperial Cult, Imperial Legion) of the cults existence and evil. The death of Salms Alen made Haakig believe that there was no room for good anyplace in the cult of Molag Bal.

So now he will ask you for your support. You can:
Accept. He will tell you to meet him in 3 days in the slave quarters.
Decline, but say you’ll keep it a secret. Haakig doesn’t believe you, attacks.
Say he deserves to die for his heresy. Haakig attacks.

[IF YOU ACCEPT]

Help Haakig
3 days is journal entry = I have chosen to help Haakig. (No return from hereon)
After three days you will find Miliele and Haakig, all the slaves are gone. Haakig will forcegreet you and tell you Miliele has already teleported the slaves to safety. He will ask you to travel to Ranyon-ruhn to alert the Temple, while he will go to Firewatch to alert the legion. He will then “Goodbye”, and “Goodbye” if you try to talk to him. You can then talk to Miliele, she will teleport you about 100 meters away from the Ruinous Crypt.

Once in Ranyon-ruhn all will seem well until you enter the Temple itself; the whole place is pitch-black, and soon you hear two NPCs attacking you; Girendal Selvilo and Mediloie Lasams. Kill them. Move on downstairs and you’ll find the vampire Priest and Ratagos. Ratagos is paralyzed and the vampire Priest will now attack you. He is considerably powerful, will first forcegreet you and rant in an evil way, etc… Once dead speak with Ratagos. You can tell two stories:
The whole truth, or the half-truth in which you were only a slave. Tell the whole truth and he will simply attempt to kill you. Tell the half-truth and he will make sure Necrom completely annihilates the cult. He will ask you to rest 3 days, though.

End of story?

If you go to Firewatch you will soon find out Haakig was killed by Bildam (the replacer of the cult), because Haakig didn’t know Bildam was working for the cult. Miliele will be in the Mages Guild pretending all is well, though she will agree to creating a poison to kill Bildam. You can give it to Bildam, he will still trust you since he hasn’t heard from the cult since.

If you go back to the cult itself you’ll see a few dead Ordinators of War, all the cultists of the outer circle, dead. The statue of Molag Bal lopsided and the modest library of three bookshelves in flames. But the inner circle has not been opened, since the Ordinators wouldn’t know how.

If you go inside you find the fanatical believer priest as the sole survivor, he will forcegreet you, you can have a few amusing dialogue options, but in the end you get kicked out of the guild, and fanatic priest attacks you. Kill him, and you get a journal update that the cult of Molag Bal has been destroyed.

BETRAYAL

Now once you’ve been told this, you get a journal update.
You can now simply walk over to one of the priests and betray Haakig. You have the choice to betray Miliele as well, and for the fun of it you can also say Adryn Seloth was involved (the Vampire Priest will encourage you to say so.)

Vampire says: I will deal with these traitors myself. [Whoever you mentioned will be killed in 1 day.]

True Believer says: Here are [1/2/3] enchanted rings, make the traitor(s) wear these and they shall be enlightened once again by the majesty of Molag Bal.

Fanatical Believer says: I shall have these traitors publicly sacrificed in the circle of rituals, go there in 1 day: All [1/2/3] NPCs will be there and will be stripped of weapons and clothing, and will be killed by a Daedroth you must summon.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Well done, IP.

This makes a 'good' questline - 'perfect'! :)

Great stuff, I really love it. Adds that truly excellent feel of choices and consequences to it, and also adds replayability to a key faction. Very nice work indeed.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Indeed, an interior claim is underway.

immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Okay here are the quests the player gets when Rank 6. Doing these gets them promoted to rank 7. The problem is, the cult is now at a total of 18 quests, and the max was 20, so I think I'll have to write a few quests out? In any case the quests below are 'freeform' because they can all be done at the same time, no order of completion.

ONE

If the player speaks with Uvelaes Moloth, he will talk to you a bit, congratulate you on your rise in the cult, and will then ask you to perform a task for him;
He wishes for you to find a Dunmer Telvanni Noblewoman, and bring her to the Ruinous Crypt, so that he may feed on her blood.

He will tell you to ask Vaden Ulven where you may find the Noblewoman.

She will reside in Llothanis, you must go to her, use a command humanoid spell, and escort her to the ruinous crypt.

Once there, Uvelaes Moloth will thank you for taking care of this, and will then offer you the reward of vampirism. He will tell you that vampires earn ‘special favors’ from him, and that he trusts vampires more then anyone else.

TWO

If the player speaks with Maryon Saram, he give an introductory rant, and the player will find out that Maryon was once a Witchhunting Ordinator of War. He will tell you about the things he had done to cultists etc… He will then tell you about a young friend of his, [Name], who was also a Witchhunter, but a freelancer. Maryon had fought alongside this Witchhunter on multiple occasions, before he eventually left and joined the cult. Now Maryon wants you to find this Witchhunter, and somehow bring him to the cult. Maryon basically wants this old friend of his to join the cult.

Maryon will tell you to speak with Vaden Ulven, who should be able to help you. Vaden wil tell you that one of his informants heard of a man fitting the description who had travelled through town ‘X’, and who was on his way to go to a Daedric Ruin nearby. [The town ‘x’ lies closest to the Daedric Ruin where the Salms Alen quest takes place. Lets say the ruin is called DR.]

Vaden will not tell you who his informant is, and advises you to go straight to the ruin. He doesn’t want his informants talking to any other people, since some of them don’t know about Vaden’s alliance to the cult.

Once inside DR, the player will find books piled up and in flames, you will find any cultists you spared the other time dead, the altar will have been destroyed and a few dead fitting deadra (Hunger’s) will lie in the main hall. Everything is indicative of there having been an explosive battle in DR. This prompts a journal update, suggesting you should look around.

If the player goes to where DELDYN IRENDU (former head of Boethian cult here) was killed by Salms Alen, they will find the Witchhunter.

He will forcegreet the player demanding who they are. This guy is pretty paranoid, so anything suggesting being a cultist will make him go SetFight 100.

Who are you and what do you want?
- I am just an adventurer = Second Question
- I am a Witchhunter, just like you = Second Question
- I am your demise/death/etc… = attack.
- Boethiah sends her regards. = attack.
- [Truth] I am a cultist of Molag Bal and was sent by your friend Maryon Saram to make you join the cult. = attack.
- I was sent by Maryon Saram. = Second Question.

Second Question:
Adventurer; 3 choices, 2 are = attack.
Witchhunter; 3 choices, 2 are =attack.
Maryon Saram; how is he doing, why does he seek me?
3 choices; truth, lie, half-truth. Truth = attack.

Now once the Witchhunter ‘trusts’ you, you can ask him to come with you. If you went along the adventurer/witchhunter line, he will ask ‘why’, after which you will have to do the Maryon Saram part. After he knows you are sent by Maryon Saram, he will agree to meet you at a place but will not join you. You can choose 3 meeting points:
Llothanis tavern – Llothanis market – Llothanis docks.

You can then ask him what he has been doing in DR. He will tell you he came to finish the inhabitants off, but that one of them escaped, he believes it was the leader.

Journal Update: I should talk with Maryon Saram now.
Now the player can go to Maryon Saram, he will ask the player to escort Witchhunter to the Ruinous Crypt where he will meet him.

Once you meet the Witchhunter again he will tell you he suspects there is a cult operating somewhere in the area; he has heard strage things, it is Telvanni territory and he simply ‘feels’ the presence of something foul. Nonetheless he will come with you.
Once in the Ruinous Crypt he will walk with you until you find Maryon Saram > Your journal updates and Maryon Saram forcegreets you. He thanks you and asks you to go guard the entrance to the crypt, and to return in two hours; two RL minutes. After that you get a journal update prompting return.

You will find Maryon Saram lying on the floor and he will tell you Witchhunter did this and got into the crypt. He wants you not to kill him, but to make him wear a ring he gives you that will control him. You can only put it on him if Witchhunter is fainted = 0 fatigue.

Once inside the main cult you will find Witchhunter in conflict with Mediloie Lasams and Adryn Seloth (if alive). He is powerful enough to slay them both while they are not. You must make Witchhunter faint and give him the ring, then conflict stops.

Then you will go into dialogue with Witchhunter, and can ask what he did to Maryon Lasams. He will also give you Maryon’s sigil of Molag Bal which he had taken. You then order him to stay put, though you can also order him to kill himself.

Once you go back to Maryon Lasams he will tell you to grab a potion from his room, he will give you the key. You give him the sigil and he asks you make Witchhunter lock himself up.

Once back in the main cult Witchhunter is still standing there, once again you can give him orders:
Go to the jail, remove your weapons and clothing, put them in a chest (will be found in the slave quarters), lock yourself up and throw the key on the floor.
Kill yourself.
Hit yourself in the face. (This can be done repeatedly but will eventually kill Witchhunter as well)

After you order him to die or go to a cell, you go to the inner shrine, to Maryon’s room (excellent opportunity to steal stuff), get the potion, return, and revive Maryon. Maryon will now tell you to meet him in the inner circle (he teleports there).

Once there he will thank you, blablabla, if Witchhunter is dead he will find out, etc… He gives you a very nice reward and if Witchhunter is in his cell, he gives you permission to take the ring he’s wearing and keep it.

Witchhunter will have orders once again:
Bang your head against the bars. (repeatedly done fatigues him)
Give me the ring. (gives the ring)

Witchhunter is now back to normal and will be pissed.
End of quest. But the Witchhunter will be used in a later ritual.

THREE

First Llorys will give you an introductory speech just like the other two.
Llorys Othrenim wants an enchanted weapon known as “Whiteflame”, which is an enchanted adamantium katana with fire damage and light spells. He won’t tell you why though the reason is he wants a weapon to protect him from vampires and he can’t trust Vaden to make one for him. Llorys doesn’t want you to speak with Vaden either.

Of course, you can speak with Vaden if you want and betray Llorys. Vaden will thank you, Disposition goes up, and he gives you a free Grand Soulgem.

In any case, Llorys will tell you you can find “Whiteflame” in cave ‘X’. The cave goes very deep, has a bunch of Fire Atronachs and lava, and you will find Whiteflame lying on an altar. Grabbing Whiteflame will summon a special extra large Flame Atronach behind you and you can do battle if you want.

In any case, return to Llorys, give him the blade and he will give you some nice equipment.

FOUR

Heceril has another ritual for you to complete. He needs 3 things; 5 portions of Daedra Hearts, 5 pieces of Dreugh Wax and 1 innocent Temple Pilgrim of Vivec. For the pilgrim Heceril advises you to speak with Vaden to get ideas.

Vaden will inform you of 1 possible victims which can be found at ‘X’. It is a young female Dunmer who is visiting from Vvardenfel but adores Vivec.
Once you find her you can persuade her to follow you all the way to the cult.

Once inside the Ruinous Crypt she will forcegreet you and tell you she is scared blablabla etc… You persuade her to keep following you…

Once inside the cult she recognizes the statue of Molag Bal and is terrified. Now you need a command humanoid spell. Bring her to Heceril and he will take care of her. If you don’t have the hearts or wax your told to get it.

Once you have everything speak with Heceril he will tell you to meet him in the ritualistic pit. Everyone will be there.

The hearts are placed on the altar together with the Dreugh Wax. Heceril gives you a special scroll which you can then use to summon the Daedroth “Viitaeveec”, which is an anagrasm of “I eat Vivec”. This Daedroth will proceed to mercilessly slaughter the pilgrim of Vivec and will then thank the player for ‘feeding’ him. The player get’s the spell “Viitaeveec’s Favor”, which allows them to summon “Viitaeveec” at will. He basically a Daedroth with extra health and power.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Don't worry about quest maximums for now. Just work out the plan to the best of your ability, and once you're finished, we'll see how workable the questline is. There's no problem with size, unless things get unweildy, or prohibitively lengthy to work on.

One thing: in quest 2, it might be very hard for the player to actually fully fatigue the Ordinator. In fact, I think that function is actually bugged in a non-MCP'd game (except H2H). Think of something else the player must do, and also cater for what happens if the Ordinator kills the other two.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Another point: There are 11 forced greetings in this questline; isn't that a little too many? There are only 47 in the whole of Vanilla MW.
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

I thought you only had to hit an NPC with hand-to-hand enough times and they'd eventually faint?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Yeah. But very few characters have the skills to do that, especially when the guy to be fainted is roaming around butchering your allies.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

20 quests is good, the original plan was 15 to 25 quests. As it is a full-fledged faction (love that alliteration) it simply needs a lot of quests.

immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

The forcegreeting is actually up to the quester making this, so if they don't think it's neccessary they won't do it.

One of the rewards the player gets could be a fatigueing spell in order to make Witchhunter faint.

Okay, it's about 23(!) quests now, but we'll see what happens once it's finished.

Quest up to becoming a Priest have been completed. So now what remains is a quest to become Potentate, and Hierophant.
Attachments
Molag Bal v.085.doc
(135 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Looks good. Some things:

What happens if the player lets the messenger go/fails? We don't have a Necrom for her to go to!

Xorchurtion is a bad name. Sorry. :P

Llorys challenges Golamus for the honour of Vivec? Eh?

I'm not sure how sensible it is to do anything other than kill Cyria Flavius. To have her as a spy ranges between 'uber' and 'underwhelming'. Also, the player should get some spell of teleportation, not have to escort her all the way.

I don't particularly like the ritual, either. It seems too obviously a 'redux' of some of the previous rituals (unless that's your intent). Also possibly a little too 'nasty', but then this is a super-evil faction (and I'm a bit squeamish :P).
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Okay, Xorchurtion is now gone, it's up to the quester to think of a good name. :P

The messenger gets killed by a spie/assassin of the cult in Tel Ouada. This will however mean the spie will be exposed and that's not a desirable thing or the cult. In any case the messenger is doomed to die regardless.

Well the essence of the ritual is to
a. Get a somewhat important/pure-blooded man/woman
b. Make them eat nasty stuff
c. Make a Daedroth possess them that will feed on the nasty stuff
d. In this way 'defile the pure' and 'corrupt genes'

A spell of teleportation is fine by me, though I thought some might think of it as a 'lazy' solution.

Not sure what a 'redux' is, but it doens't have to be Cyrius Flavius. Any Nobleman/Noblewoman of 'pure blood' and 'pure genes' will do.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I like using Cyria Flavius. I think that's a good idea. (And if we get Map 2 quested out first, which is my personal hope, then it's certainly possible - tho' we can't use her if not)

But with the ritual, all that stuff has still been done before (in the previous rituals). If you can, try and change it up a bit/make it 'new'.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Haven't fixed the Priest ritual yet, been busy with school. The new file has the Potentate quest designed.
The Hierophant quest is going to be a ritual in which you sacrifice the people you've captured over the questline (Ratagos, Witchhunter, one more person.). I'm not sure how to implement the Rudy Man armor as of now. Ok.
Attachments
Molag Bal v.095.doc
(143.5 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Good, I like it.

Not sure about the memory wipe potion? Why is this done? Why does it matter if they remember or not?

For the Ruddy-Man gear, I'd have it be that the Challenger's Ward or whatever from earlier on is 'transformed' (figuratively, literally, who cares) into the 'Hide of the Ruddy-Man', and that there should also be pauldrons and gauntlets avaliable (because these are the pieces that look coolest on their own). The rest of the armour, don't bother with.

Of course, whether you decide to use that or not is up to you. :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Hierophant quest designed. This questline now has about nearly 30 (!) quests. What is left in my opinion is:

1. Slave quests yes/no?
2. Removal of unneccesary quests.
3. Fixing the Codex.
4. Choosing the rewards (can be done by quester, though.)
5. Scrutinizing what's left.

Still haven't fixed the Priest Ritual I consider that part of 'scrutinizing'.

The memory-wipe potion is neccessary because:
1. Witchhunter knows your face, might alarm Legion/Imperial Cult/Temple.
2. Witchhunter would kill you if you released him.
3. Ratagos might attack you upon realse.
4. Ratagos is part of the Temple, you're a cultist, so he won't just let you go.
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

And I forgot to upload the file itself. >.<

Here:
Attachments
Molag Bal v.095.doc
(151.5 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

No attachment? :?

Anyway, I was thinking that as you were destroying the cult, they'd not mind. But your logic makes sense (even if 'memory wipe potions' is a bit Deus Ex Machina).
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Okay, yep. Last quest looks fine.

And I agree on your to do list. :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Well, I did not intend to intervene into the process anymore, but it was because I thought I was submiting almost finished questline and now not much is left of it :? Do not take me wrong IP, I think you made many improvements, but sometimes I think you just misunderstood my intentions.

So here we go:
- The number of quests is growing rapidly and yet I do not see the slave quests implemented. I, again am for leaving this part out completely. Being mistreated is simply no fun and I think player gets enough of this in later quests. Also - I do not believe it is the philosophy of the cult that each member would have to come through slave stage. The slavers do not recruit from slaves, they are just two different categories of beings: those who are worthy to become members of the cult and the cattle. Mistreatment of lower ranks by higher ranks is OK though.
MY SUGGESTIONS: Move the initiation quest on this stage. It makes sense that PC has to fulfil these promises first. After doing quests 2 PC is RANK 2 and his collar is removed. After doing quest 3 PC is RANK 3 he is allowed to receive training from the masters (not services - there needs to be reward for the advancement). These quests should also be enough so that the PC gets acquainted with the cult and the NPCs there (perhaps change them to be more interactive with other characters). To become RANK 4 you would need to do Hecerils quest (this still can be done inside the base). Then you obtains the amulet and is allowed to leave the shrine for limited time to do more fun quests.

- I think you misunderstood the point of the enforcers quest. Their purpose was to wrap up the initiation quests somehow independently on which one PC played. So actually they HAVE TO MAKE sense even if PC did not do them.
HABESHI QUEST: (perhaps leave out the forced dialogue with the cultist - there is no point in it). I would perhaps also leave Andali out of this, or if you leave her she will try to escape and will be killed by the cultists and killed (I like the idea of weak apprentices being milled away). Last point: there should also be option to obtain some more soulgems in some other way. You may be given location of some tombs and caves where they would be. This would make PC to travel more and encounter some other locations. But otherwise I welcome your change to this quest.
ABESHNAL's mother: I will be straight. I do not like what you did to this quest. You may not presuppose that ABESHNAL was killed, you may have gone through different quest. If it was so you have to kill her and take the key from her. If you already did so, just pick the equipment from the chest (if you have not yet done so). Also I think you overuse the 'persuade somebody' dialogue too much. Please keep mine version.
DRAAN: This quest on the other hand is far better then mine. Except for the forced greeting part. There is no need that he would have to forcegreet you.

After doing those you would be RANK 5 and you would be allowed to use services of the conjurers (basic spells and spellmaking, basic enchanting and magical items and soulgems sale, basic scroll and books sell, basic alchemy and ingredients sell).

Your changes to Salms Alan quest seem very good to me. Please do not nerf the items though. PC should deserve some reward for such high-level quests. (My 10 level orc fighter has better equipment just from looting tombs on Vvardenfell)
I have not yet studied the RANK 6 and higher quests I will post my opinions later.
THEO
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Whatever I underscore is a reminder to myself.

The questline posted is by no means final;
- all the forcegreeting is up to the quester I don't remember why I overdid that.

- Slave Quests might or might not be done depending on whether someone can think up a good slave questline (which I am not going to do).
So yeah, just skip the slave line unless someone else brings something better.

- The 'masters' you refer to are the Conjurers, I presume? The acquiantacing I think takes place long the entire questline step by step, you get to know the Apprentices first during the Rank 2 and Rank 3 questline.

- I don't see why Heceril's Flesh Golem ritual should be moved as a prerequisite to rank 4, rather then rank 5. My argument for now is that the player is not trusted enough at Rank 3 to perform rituals.

================
- I'll admit the Enforcer quests weren't all too great. In my opinion the Hebeshi quest can be scrapped completely, and need not be concluded in any way. The Habeshi quest was too similar to the other two enforcer quests.

- I could add an extra few apprentices that will die early on, the 'milling away' could provide some added flavor.

- Abeshnal is the mother :P, that's a mistake I made early on. Her son needs to be created. But in any case she's gonna be used in a nasty ritual, so she's needed.

I must've misread the Abeshnal's son quest since I assumed he'd get killed. I think it would be best to rearrange the quest to force her son's demise?

Tama needs to be abducted or killed as well, by the way.

'Pursuade Somebody' is just part of the roleplaying dialogue, I want to add different ways to make NPCs do your bidding. The persuading in this case is actually a form of manipulation; you're "controlling" her goodwill by making her follow you. In a way, it's even worse then just leaving her to Girendal the vampire.

- Lastly, don't pay too much attention to the rewards I made, I didn't doo that for every quest. Rewards are also up to the quester in my opinion, unless someone else wants to propose certain reward(s) in this thread.

As for uber vs. nerf, the way I see it, individual items need not be uber, but cumulitavely they should make the player quite potent. So along the questline you should get rings, belts, amulets, weapons, robes, armor, etc.. But I was too uninspired to do that myself.