Post by Why »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q1-75-Tel (#1691)
Faction: Telvanni
Parent claim: TR_1-37-Tel (#61)
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: TR_q1-75-Tel_Haplo_1.esp

---

ON HOLD -- Bal Gernak vs Eldale quest line.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

First new quest claim since months; have fun with it.
Attachments
Eldale_v3.doc
(49.5 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

The other side of this line doesn't like to be clicked on. Dunno what's going on there.

And logically, shouldn't these two claims be one? Isn't there going to be quite a bit of cross-referencing?

Anyway, thanks for starting the work! :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

It seams that all new quest claims have to be created in the design forum, I made the other claim in unclaimed. The big thought behind breaking it up was a new reviewing plan which involves smaller claims. Both sides actually have a different style and were designed by different people. If the other claim can't be fixed, I'll make it one claim. And you're welcome.

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Because the other side appears to be broken, This is going to be the claim for the complete Bal Gernak vs Eldale questline. The file in this post is the correct questline.
Attachments
Bal Gernak vs Eldale_v3.doc
(53 KiB) Downloaded 192 times

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I can't see any file anywhere. :?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Dariel Inridar
Developer

Post by Dariel Inridar »

Ok I should start with an easy one. I first have to come up with a concept about the two main actors.

Should this Quest be rank dependend and promotion enabled ?

Edit: Ok I found the .Doc, Question solved...;)
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Dariel Inridar wrote:Ok I should start with an easy one. I first have to come up with a concept about the two main actors.

Should this Quest be rank dependend and promotion enabled ?

Edit: Ok I found the .Doc, Question solved...;)
Easy? Not quite: this is a very important quest to do right. Be aware of that. Make sure you understand exactly what the plan entails, and who the two characters are. You don't have much free reign here, so please ensure you stick to the plans that can be found across the forum. PM Ludovic for the most detail you could want: he's the main man behind the main quest, in which these two characters figure heavily, IIRC.

Just to reiterate, this is a big quest, and you must follow the plans. If you can handle it, that's fine, just be aware that you should treat this line with due respect, and the ideas and plans laid down by the people who started this.

The Telvanni are one of the 'centrepiece' factions for Map 1, so no expense should be spared on good dialogue etc.

I'm sure you can handle it, these are just things to bear in mind.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

o/

I'd recommend reading up on the background to these quests in q1-56 and the Map1 Factional quests threads; it'll giveyou a sense of each character and their motivations.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

It gives me so much pleasure to grant this; the first claim in a few months. If you stick to the quest design by starcrunch this will be great. A warning; the Towers of Bal Gernak and Eldale have been totally remade. So take a look at the latest quest testing files how they look. If you want to place something in each of their towers, I'll do that when I merge your claim. For now, granting, happy modding!
Dariel Inridar
Developer

Post by Dariel Inridar »

Ok, here´s a small progress report.

Bal Gernak´s Side:

BG 1+2:

The first mission (BG1), will depend on the level of the Player. If the Player is level 2 and not Redoran/Hlalu, he starts
out with the standard Mission (bring 1 skull of each Specie to BG). If the Player is level 5-10, he will get an improved and
harder version of this Mission. If the Player is over level 20 already, the Mission will be bypassed and you start with the
second (kill Gaken Gro-Ghosh and remove any evidence, before the Mages guid does). I do that because Gaken Gro-Ghosh, is a
level 38 Orc and I doubt a level under 15 Player, will manage to kill her. If you´ve done the first Mission and not reached
level 5, BG will send you away and orders you to improve your level, until you´ve reached Level 5. If you´re Level 5, then
you will be granted a special temporary Item (after completing Mission 1), to actually be able to kill Gaken Gro-Ghosh. The
higher the Player level, the higher the chance to prevend the Mages guild minion to convey BG. I will also implement a chance
to bribe the Mages guild minion (very low chance), if he managed to kill Gaken Gro-Ghosh and you come to late. I do that,
because of the difficultie of the Mission, if you are a low level Player. If you´re in the Mages guild and kill the minion,
you will be excluded from Mages guild. But there will also be a chance to work undercover, without letting anyone know that
you´re inside the Mages guild.

BG 3:

The chance if the MB Cultist want´s any special NPC or a normal Slave, is dependend on your Charisma and Speechcraft. If your
Charisma and Speechcraft is low (or any of them), then you will need a whole lot of money (because the Slave the MB Cultist
wants, is a special and very expensive one). If you did any Missions for the twin Lambs, you won´t be able to get a Slave on
the market...so I have to come up with a third solution. Depending on the Telvannis nature and the overall ruthless character
of BG, he doesn´t care, how you actually complete this task.

BG 4:

First, you won´t get the old Book for free. The Necromancer wants you to do another Mission, but as soon as the IC´s arrive
and you consider to help the Necromancer, he hands over the Book in thanks for safing his Life. If you go against the
Necromancer, you can get the Book after he´s dead, but BG will be upset and refuses to work with you anylonger.
Also if you don´t choose any side at all (the safest Version, if you don´t kill the Necromancer and let the Legionairs
do the Job, you just can take the book, without BG being upset about you), you can grab the Book after the Necro is dead.
It should be clear that you can´t be a IC Legion or imperial Cult Member, if your doing any of this Missions.

BG 5:

Equipped with the Amulett, it shouldn´t be very hard to get under Tel Darys. The ritual BG is doing, will happen outside
the view of any witness...so you don´t need that mind-control amulet thingy, to ensure nobody knows what BG did. If you
choose to warn Eldale, another mission string will be activated that has nothing to do with Q75. It´s just that BG wants
revenge, if you´d choose to betray him and later uncovers your lies. I should name this Quest something like "the End of Bal Gernak", or something similar.

Progress BG Quests:

Journals: 100%
Dialogues: 0%
Scripts: 0%
Npc+Object placement: 100%

I won´t start with Eldales stuff, until I finished the BG stuff. Should the Mages guild minion be a NPC already implemented by TR, or a new one implemented by me ?

I´m doing the Eldales concept today and the whole Quest concept should be done by Friday.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Why can a level 20+ skip the first quest? We had other quests that needed a level requirement, and most weren't happy with those. If a level 1 player is foolish enough to attack an orc called Gaken-Gro Gosh, then let them. After all, the fun part is to beat the quest at the lowest level possible.
I really like the rest of your plans, though! Good work so far.

Dariel Inridar
Developer

Post by Dariel Inridar »

Why can a level 20+ skip the first quest? We had other quests that needed a level requirement, and most weren't happy with those. If a level 1 player is foolish enough to attack an orc called Gaken-Gro Gosh, then let them. After all, the fun part is to beat the quest at the lowest level possible.
I could do it so, that BG lets you choose to do Mis 1 or not, if your level 20+...i just thought that BG would consider you as a really strong Person, if your level 20+ and because of that, don´t wants you to do a "Fed-Ex" styled mission...;).
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

To kill the Orc BG could provide you with some ass kicking one-use scroll. If you are good enough to kill her without using it, you may keep it and use it later...
THEO
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

One thing that just struck me: you are familiar with TR naming standards, aren't you, Dariel?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Dariel Inridar
Developer

Post by Dariel Inridar »

One thing that just struck me: you are familiar with TR naming standards, aren't you, Dariel?
Yes, I downloaded one or two example plugins, to see the naming. One of my Scrolls for example:

TR_m1_bk_Dar_power_scroll

TR = Tamriel rebuilt
m1 = Map 1
bk = book
Dar= Dariel

NPC example:

TR_m1_Artius_Mattus

etc. ,etc. , etc...I hope that´s correct ?
To kill the Orc BG could provide you with some ass kicking one-use scroll.
Yeah...I´m goin to depend this on the PCs level...the higher your level, the less power the item will have. You won´t get any serious help at a certain level (let´s say 15-20+).

I also like @Vikings idea about "if he´s that stupid to attack an 38 level Orc...just let him". There are several other ways to get the mission done. The most easy would be to just let the Orc be killed by the MG minion and then kill the minion.

Ok all the BG stuff is done...I´ll do a little playtest this evening, like bugfixing and sorts...I delayed the concept for Eldlear, because I actually wanted to mod something first...I´m going to load the first File up, when I think it´s playable.

Journals: 100%
Dialogues: 100%
Scripts: 100%
Npc+Object placement: 100%

Don´t be irritated by the fast progress. The difficult part is still to come (Eldales concept). There are also lots of very difficult Scripts wanted in Eldales part and thoose need time. BG´s stuff had a lot of basic cripts and also the Journal/Dialogue wasn´t very much...only the Situation under Tel Darys created some headache...I hope I did it correct...playtest will show.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Don't worry, fast progress is good; we love fast progress: as long as you're not sacrificing quality for speed. ;)

On the naming, that all looks perfect, very good! The one bigger worry I had is the name of the journals: they should be TR_m1_HT_(quest name)

If you've done that, you're perfect. That HT is important so that we can see where all the linked quests are (in this case, all Telvanni quests are kept together)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Wow, fast work. I created an interior claim for your questline of the detariarated pocket world needed for the last quests. Such claims generally are done pretty fast because they are unique. I'l let you know when its finished and where you can find it.

Dariel Inridar
Developer

Post by Dariel Inridar »

@BC

Yes, I have downloaded the TR_Map1Quest.esp, to compare it to my work. HT = House Telvanni...correct ?

@viking

It has to be created first ? Thought it would be somewhere in the Map1-File. Is the pocket World something like the world in the picture of Oblivion (you know the "get the real Brush Mission"), or something like shivering Islands ?

It´s Christmas tomorrow, so maybe I can´t resbond the next view days...you know the Family doesn´t like it, if you spend your christmas Time with modding, instead with them...:D

So happy Christmas to you all and have a nice time, with your Family...:)
Last edited by Dariel Inridar on Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

The get the real brush mission gets close. A pocket realm is a form between the real world and the realm of a daedric prince like the shivering isles. These realms are really hard to reach (and so Dral is the only one who knows about them) and they are very unstable. Also sometimes a daedric prince will claim one, but he is a guardian of it, rather than an owner. And a merry christmas to you too!

Dariel Inridar
Developer

Post by Dariel Inridar »

Ok theese are things to consider, when I´m starting Eldales part. Doesn´t every deadra Prince, has it´s own Oblivion realm...I thought I heard something like this in TES4.

Sorry I can´t upload a File...there occured some problems, like:

1. When i reach Gra-Ghosh, booth her and the Minion where attacking me...I don´t know what I did wrong, but I think it´s related to the Script that is on Gra-Ghosh. I don´t have a §$%&§$% clue why they booth consider me as foe.

2. Buying the Slave and then lead him back to the MB Cultist doesn´t work like intented. At a certain XY the stupid Argonian just does what he wants, so I had to do the Mission via console and use placeatme...dunno why he´s doing that.

3. Stupid NPCs under Tel Darys start to attack me, whenever BG starts his ritual...maybe I have to delay the whole Ritual, into another Cell under Tel Darys...one thats far away from any NPC in vicinity.

I´ll try to fix thoose Bugs alone...if I can´t do it, I´ll report and need some serious help. Seems i have a bad Karma with scripts.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

If you need help, post your file and give more exact details of what goes wrong where. Then I'll try and hunt it down.

I'd advise you to try and sort it out yourself first, though. :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

How is this going, Dariel, your beginning was so fast...

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Revoking due to modders absence since december, :( . And I sent him a pm a week ago to which he didn't reply.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Hemitheon finished the pocket world that is needed for these quests. It can be found here: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19660&start=40

pacificmorrowind
Developer

Post by pacificmorrowind »

I want to claim this!
It will probably take me 1 week per quest, and I will not be MIA for longer than 2 weeks.
Thanks;
Pacific Morrowind
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Granting, happy modding! The quest is designed pretty straightforward but if you have any questions please ask them. Yay, we need a few new claims for morrowind!
pacificmorrowind
Developer

where can I find the map1.esm? (need it to open Lud's MQ files, which I want to see for the dialog of Eldale, and Bal Garnak.
Thanks;
Pacific Morrowind
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Here: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19945

pacificmorrowind
Developer

I have that file but it is an .esp, is there a different spot to get an .esm or do I change it into an .esm? If I change it into an .esm how do i do that?
thanks;
Pacific Morrowind
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

One way is to use TESDTK, which you can find in our utilities section. Another is to use TESAME to switch the header section with the map1.esm from the public downloads.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
pacificmorrowind
Developer

thanks Lud, changed it into a Map1 esm.
for BG1: the player has to find some skulls, vampire skull is not specified, can I have the player have to find one of those as well? also can I add skulls to ints across Map 1 Also can I add vampire skulls to Tr_random_skulls leveled list?
thanks;
PacificMorrowind
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

The vampire skull is not required, but it can lead to an extra reward. You can hide some in Ruinous Crypt, a vampire lair. I believe most of the skulls at the moment are statics, so you can change some of them to misc items and then add them to dungeons around Gah Ouadaruhn, especcially Ruinous Crypt. If you can't modify the skulls, you can stick to the skulls that are already misc items.

pacificmorrowind
Developer

Posted the first quest at the top. It is done except, I still need to add some skulls to more dungeons, (I have added them in to ruinous crypt), and dialogue for turning in vampire skulls but that is not required for the quest and I will have him want vampire skulls until he fails in killing Eldale. Is my reward sufficiently reasonable? I was thinking of 250gp for every vampire skull, is that reasonable?
thanks;
Pacific Morrowind
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

It depends on the number of skulls you dispersed. I think 100 gold per skull would be better, seeing as it is a first job.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Just a heads up, but the next version of Map 1 (which this will be merged with) will have Gah Ouadaruhn renamed to Llothanis. Dialogue (and eventually scripts) will have to be updated accordingly.

Hopefully this won't be too much of a problem?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

pacificmorrowind
Developer

BC: renaming that will be fine, (for my quest at least, for some others and latest rumours, it will be a lot of changes). why is it being changed?

Viking: there is a 50% chance on each of the 5 vamps in ruinous crypt, there isn't any other vamps (yet, though I see soon to come in aranyon pass) on Map1, and there is a few loose ones. so probably a really lucky player could get 4.
for the reward for bg02 you are probably going to tell me that it is too uber right? how toned down do you think i should make it?

Just uploaded new file with updated, fixed q1(bg01), and q2 (bg02), since there is 10 quests I am just upping the % 10 for each new quest.

Playtesting for bg01&bg02 welcome!

Pacific Morrowind
pacificmorrowind
Developer

any suggestions for molag bal cultist, or should I make a new npc for him, also any specific npc x/y preferences suggestions?
thanks;
Pacific Morrowind
Faalen
Developer

Post by Faalen »

Actually, the vampires I'm putting in Aranyon Pass will only exist for the duration of the quest in which they are involved, so they won't be accessible for any other quests or dialogue references. They can, in effect, be ignored.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

The Molag Bal cultist is Triva Andoril in Gah Ouadaruhn, she's somehow involved in the Molag Bal cult. For the two NPC's, I suggest that you create two yourself and place them in the exterior of Tel Ouada and Gah Ouadaruhn. BTW, Gah Ouadaruhn is going to be renamed to Llothanis. If you mention the town you should use the name Llothanis.