TR_Data Updates Thread

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

TR_Data has been updated to include the Karthor Dale tower in Map 4 and the Daedric Septis. It is also now in .7z format, rather than .rar. With .7z, the file is over 30 MB smaller than with .rar. Please note that you will also need to download the new TR_Data.esm as well.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

so that's the only difference?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

the ramp isn't done yet hemi... I wish it was too, but its apparently a real pain to fix.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

I have downloaded the updated TR_Data.esm and TR_Data.bsa, check my errors report [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=17918&start=40]here[/url].

However, now the Dunmereth Pass meshes shows up perfectly, and the new Necrom interiors looks very beautiful though. :)
Harke the Apostle, Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:26 pm
My book sucks cause it´s a vampire.

Hemitheon, Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm
*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

before the next TR_data release, remind me cuz I have a list of errors in BoT Im working on.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

What's the status of the Necrom Temple? I recall seeing a few concepts earlier, but nothing else. As well, on a less related note, has it been decided what Necrom will look like? To be honest, I actually like Sload's idea, but before that we should get the temple mesh done first.

:)
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

We seriously need to get everyone together and just sit down and go through ideas until we get something that works.

There were like 24534653 threads on Necrom and I don't remember anything being set in stone.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Please merge [url=http://gez117.free.fr/stuff/TES/TR_Data_ExtraStuff.rar]this[/url] into TR_Data ASAP. It contains the new town banners for Map2, and updates the tapestries so that they're not the same anymore for Dunmer and Common.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Merging now. Is there anything else that needs merging atm?

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

As we speak I am working on my Data Update primarily for factions, but also with other little tweaks. If you could hold off for a little while (Day or three at most), that'd be great.

And did anyone ever get those statues done?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:And did anyone ever get those statues done?
They must be boring I guess. Let me finish necrom first.
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?
PoHa: I know! we'll shoot an Aro at them
Aro: you have only one Aro missile!
PoHa: yes, but its heat seeking and quite possibly indestructible

How to do not become a modeller - by Stryker:
[00:13:]Stryker: no tutorial, no no no
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I've made banners for Tel Mothrivra (then inn) by myself.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I do believe that got put back in with my previous (Map 2 orientated) Data Update. When I download a (hopefully finished) new version of Data, I'll get that fixed up for my claim.

Oh, and seeing Marie there, Hemi's book update is necessary (in particular the spellbook script fix) for Map 1 to be playable quest-wise. So that's a must, too.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Don't hold your breath, but the Data Update is here! :D

This includes a couple of tweaks to levelled lists, makes a couple of fixes to Redoran guards, tweaks the weather of Map 1's regions to make more sense (so that fog isn't the primary choice for the Mpolagreahd, for example) and adds in a bunch of dialogue that was lost on our factions because it was filtered for vanilla ones, and adds replacements for dialogue that was 'Vvardenfell-centric' but accessible to people on our maps, and perhaps most importantly allows factions to be playable. (If that wasn't a boring job, I don't know what is :P)

As a bonus, I also threw in a cool topic for scouts regarding the six administrative disctricts (and one topic for each, save Vvard, which already had one of its own), so that people have a vague idea of where TR's heading, and just for some cool background lore dialogue. I wouldn't mind if people more in the know about what's on Maps other than 1 checked them for gameplay/lore accuracy etc.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

There are some things I missed in that one, so I'll be uploading a second file shortly.

Sorry for any problems caused. :(
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Here is the final version.

Sorry for triple posting, but my PCs very strange about editing when uploads are involved. I don't want to run into any problems.
Attachments
TR_Data_Update.esp
(320.54 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

TR Data is now updated! It contains Necrom meshes!! And a ramp! And fixes the hash map collision issue. Hemitheon's book fixes have yet to be merged.

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Have mine creature tweaks been applied?
THEO
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but probably. Why don't you download it and check?

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Okay. New TR_Data.esm and TR_Data.7z for everyone. Now includes those blood drops for Ludovic and that ramp for Hemitheon. Only thing left (pending Theo's investigation into whether that creature thing he mentioned is in or not) is Hemitheon's BoT overhaul. And the model fixes listed in the TR_Data Error Reporting thread are not done yet either.

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

How far away are you from fixing the BOT, hemitheon? Because then we don't have to update TR_data for a while and we need that to be able to release a new beta of map1.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Fixing? I've only been reporting the errors, but if need be, I can copy/paste them into word and fix the errors then post that file. But even then the Yilgamseh Replacements are only half done (*cough* for those who haven't written theirs yet), and Ironed Maidens poetry hasn't officially been approved for some of the poetry replacements.

Also, while modding I discovery a new problem. I hate being the one to say it cuz I know that Aro is probably of tired of working on the Necrom set and I dont want him to think that I am ungrateful for his contribution, but the new ramp is too steep and the player slides off. Has any other modder had that problem? The only solution I see is turning the ramp into stairs. Tonight Im going to look at my fixed cells and see if there's any way to use the previous ramps, just in case stairs are out of the question.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Well, "mine" creatures are not there. Basically the problem is that "Skeleton warwizard" knows no spells and I also wanted to include other versions of dridrea, which have been used in map 2 detailing claim 5 into Data, so that anybody else could use them. That's all...
THEO
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hemitheon wrote: and Ironed Maidens poetry hasn't officially been approved for some of the poetry replacements.
I don't know if this will happen.

About your ramp problem; isn't it the exact same as the velothi_02 ramp?

Theo: Thanks for the file, I'll add it in
Last edited by Haplo on Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

that's what I mean.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

What is what you mean?

Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

I mean no official decision has been made as to what to do with the poems. In the BoT Detailing thread, 2 things were suggested, either a) remove them b) replace them. A final decision needs to be made then after that, Nanu or you can choose which ones to replace them with.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hemi: Aro is working on your mesh, you should receive a PM soon if you haven't already.

Everyone else: I'm awaiting the final necrom meshes (inside and out) which should come pretty quickly thanks to aro. As well, the new file will include Theo's OoT Dridea and spell-fix .esp. I'm working on the BoT issue right now.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Updated. This is for Almalexia (bounding box issues preventing travel between narrow alleys) and Necrom (new meshes and old mesh replacements/fixes).

Edit: Okay I think the freakout (see below) was just a weirdo happening by my CS when I loaded map 3. I ran tr_data through mash and it said it was fine, so I ran map 3 through it and it fixed like every reference in the universe. So I closed my CS, reloaded map 3; everything was fine. I then loaded map 4(yet untested or loaded with the new TR_Data), and it worked fine. So I'm confused. But anyway it should work fine.

Oh and I forgot to delete tr_ex_nec_inwall.nif

Outdated:

and WHAT THE FUCK EVERY TR OBJECT IS FUCKED UP GEZ SOMEONE HELP WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS IVE NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE PROBLEM IS I DIDNT DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT THAN EVER BEFORE. Is it Aro's meshes? I doubt it but I can't think of anything else atm.

Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Maybe for the next TR_Data update you might consider adding these:

FURNITURE: furn_cot00
EXTERIOR: ex_trellis_vine
LIGHT: light_Dae_jet
MISC: key_daedric_01 -misnamed, this is 6th House
CONT: container_daedric_chest -misnamed, this is 6th House

They're not necessary but that trellis is something I've never even knew existed and it looks good.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

where are those? vanilla meshes that didn't make it into MW.esm?

Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

vanilla meshes. All from Morrowind except the cont and the key those are from BM.

I was gonna include artifact_devourer on the list but it's an incomplete mesh. In fact there are several incomplete meshes including an imperial well but a classy version: ex_imp_pool
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

TR_Data.7z and TR_Data.esm updated. Includes placeholder map books, a new Necrom interior wall mesh, and a fix for the TR Mournhold bazaar tent and one of the bridges and the Daedric Bat creature.

Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

One minor issue. You replaced TR_ex_nec_e_01 with another mesh. That mesh is used in the majority of interior Necrom claims as the doorjamb does not fit the Necrom load_door. So the detailer will have to change out the doorjambs when linking the cells.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Or you just have to rename the new mesh the same way as the old mesh was called in TR_Data.

aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

I have no idea why you guys use an exterior doorjamb while the doors and doorjambs I have made for the interior set are just simple velothi retextures. It might be the case that someone forgot to replace the door... Or the doorjamb... Or both of them.
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?

Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

We were using the exterior doorjamb set into the wall because the outside Necrom door doesn't fit anything except the exterior doorjamb.

There's one last option and that is remove the exterior Necrom door from the TR_Data and replace all doors in Necrom with velothi doors.

If anyone wants I am more than willing than going through all the finished Necrom ints and changing this. But I'll need a decision in order to do this.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Aro, this is why it doesnt work:
Simply renaming the new doorjamb with the name of the original will fix all of this with a minimal amount of work.
Attachments
necrom loaddoor.JPG
necrom loaddoor.JPG (9.56 KiB) Viewed 3002 times

aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

[url=http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x139/aruncio101/TR/MW/whatever.jpg][img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x139/aruncio101/TR/MW/th_whatever.jpg[/img][/url]
1. The meshes I made fit each other perfectly.
2. You should use the interior doorjamb for interiors. Pretty obvious.
3. If you have troubles with the set that is not my fault.
4. I am not responsible for including my meshes into the TR_Data.
5. I am not needed to fix this shit.

KTHX

Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Then that's the problem. Your version of the door hasn't been included in TR_Data. So when that gets done, if ya'll want me or whoever to change the ints just pm me.