Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Message This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lud
Developer Emeritus
27 Aug 2004

That looks awesome, Aro.

Blackbird's plan seems like the way to go; most of such a building would be underground anyway.

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:21 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
aro101
Developer Emeritus
15 Feb 2007

Vote for you favourite

PoHa: yes, but its heat seeking and quite possibly indestructible

How to do not become a modeller - by Stryker:
[00:13:]Stryker: no tutorial, no no no
Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:34 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Hemitheon
Reviewer
11 Aug 2006

Maybe the temple should have a unique texture. Almalexia's temple was unlike the rest of Mournhold. Plus, though I am LOVING the door, I can still see the pieces used even without knowning. What about a white marble or alabaster finish?
Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:34 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
aro101
Developer Emeritus
15 Feb 2007

It can be retextured any time. Now I need to know what to do about this. The problem is, should it have one on the same texture all over, or should it be like on the first version.

I don't know about which pieces you are talking about...

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:38 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Hemitheon
Reviewer
11 Aug 2006

You got to it before me by seconds. I prefer 3. They distinguish it from the Necrom tower. Maybe the dome could be another color.

EDIT: But for sure this will look great on top of the hill that SO is adding to the Temple District.
Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:40 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Peterboy
Developer
28 Aug 2006

Numero 3 looks great, the mesh is awesome aro! Very Happy
Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:43 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Sload
Developer Emeritus
06 Feb 2005

No new texture.

Could you make the lower half thinner or the upper half wider, it looks very squat at the dimensions it is right now, with the bottom so much wider than the top is. Also, maybe make the dome a little taller.

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:01 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
aro101
Developer Emeritus
15 Feb 2007

Upper half wider:

If you ask me, it's nonsense. It might look squat from this perspective, but I don't see anything wrong with it. Don't forget it's really big, it will look different from the player's perspective.

CS Screen of the old version:

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:39 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
aro101
Developer Emeritus
15 Feb 2007

To review. I won't be able to do much more with this one on the next days so forget about sending it back to me. There is something wierd about the vertex shading. It doesn't change the diffuse property but the emissive methinks and I can't find a way to fix it.

If it gets wierd ingame, try to investigate using this:
http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Working_With_Nifs_201_:_Meshes%2C_Data%2C_and_you#Shape_and_Strip_Data

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:30 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Hemitheon
Reviewer
11 Aug 2006

For sure the original dimensions look much better.
Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:14 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus
08 Jun 2004

took a quick look at it in nifscope. the top rim and the bottom of the main structure flash as if there are overlapping faces. the inside of the protrusions likewise flashes (where it meets the main building).

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:02 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
aro101
Developer Emeritus
15 Feb 2007

It's not about overlapping faces but about the vertex stuff I mentioned... Vertex colors affect the wrong property, I have no idea why it is so nor how to fix it.

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:49 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
aro101
Developer Emeritus
15 Feb 2007

Uhm, I expected a decision or something on this one. I finished the exterior mesh and wrote it is for review, but nothing really happened or was decided since then and it's not my move now.

Post Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:10 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2005

Is this mesh ready for review? It looks great, but I'm sure there's probably things to sort out since this is in claimed. I'll leave that to the modelling department. Razz

Hopefully this will be ready for me to use soon, I'm already beginning to rework the Temple.

Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:57 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
bamman62
Developer
13 Apr 2008

Three is my personal favorite. One is too bright, two I just don't think it blends well.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:36 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus
08 Jun 2004

i'm moving this to review. my opinion is that we should merge this even with the error. at the present time we really need this model to continue onward and we have plenty of time to iron out this small error later on.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:41 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Okay then. Aro asked me to approve this, and I'm updating TR_Data, so yey.
Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:29 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group