q2-5-Mis

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

q2-5-Mis

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q2-5-Mis (#1735)
Faction: Misc
Parent claim: TR_2-8-Tel (#71)
Claimed by: Beave
Local map: Tel Movithira
Files: TR_q2-5-Mis_Beave_1.esp; TR_q2-5-Mis_Beave_2.esp; TR_q2-5-Mis_Beave_3.esp; TR_q2-5-Mis_Beave_4.esp

---

The misc quests of Tel Mothrivra. This settlement should contain two quests.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I have 2 quests in mind.
1: There is a dunmer woman living at the east of the town and she's too tired to walk some distances. She asks you to find the old priest and ask him if he has an advice for her. The old priest (lothsi dralor?) recommends a standard restore endurance potion. The player looks for such potion and when he gives such potion, she will be cured.
The reward si 50 gold and 1 or 2 fish(es).

2: There is a dunmer near the road who has lost his tongue because of warlock/sorcerer/deadra/.... That's why he speaks so weird.
We could do: the player has to give a quill, inkwell and some papers. That is the end of the quest.
The player has to give those items from above, but needs to take him to a healer or a priest. WHere he can be cured and he can even speak normal again.
Same as above, but the player needs to collect some ingredients before a potion can be made.
The reward is about 100 gold
Perhaps the dunmer can ask for revenge on that warlock/ sorcerer and give him an additional reward.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Would you like to design them, blackbird? The quest plans seem fine but they both need a little more oomph. (a little more background, more twists, etc.) Th second one could become a very nice revenge quest.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Or maybe there's something else he wants? For example, when the player meets him, the man seems to be worried about something. The player can get him a quill, ink and paper or he can get him healed. In the first case the man will "write" a note and give it to the player. It might say something like: "I require your help. A Daedra/Sorcerer/Whatever took my tongue from me, but I do not really need it to be healed. Nor do I want revenge. Instead, I need to ~do something~. I cannot do it myself ~for whatever reason~, but if you were to do it in my stead I would reward you well."

Healing him would be a bit harder but would bring the player an even bigger reward. AFAIK restoring an amputated limb isn't very easy to do in Tamriel, but an Argonian seemed to have the ability. Perhaps the player needs to find an Argonian healer and bring him to the man or vice versa? Either way he'd say roughly the same thing as what he would write.

Here's an example: He was a cultist (the head cultist?) of a Daedric cult and rose high in favour of his prince, let's say Boethiah. One day Boethiah realized the danger that the Molag Bal cult was posing to his major shrine and told the cultist to gather information and return in a week. The cultist successfully infiltrated the Molag Bal cult and gathered information. Eventually he prepared to return to Boethiah.

However, one of the Molag Bal cultists was (rightly) suspicious of him. He wasn't sure as to whether his suspicion was justified, so he summoned Daedra and commanded them to take the tongue of the cultist, to be on the safe side. The Daedra attacked the cultist, who managed to kill a few, but he was badly wounded in the process and eventually fell to the Daedra, who pinned him down and took out his tongue.

Though he was able to heal most of his injuries he couldn't get his tongue back, which means that he couldn't report to Boethiah. He also didn't want to set foot in any of the cities as he suspected that he was known to the authorities and, covertly or not, they would have tried to get rid of him. The week then naturally passed by without any news from him, and by the time he meets you Boethiah and/or his cultists assume that he defected to the cult of Molag Bal and are out for his blood.

The result is that, even if the player heals him or brings him writing materials, the cultist wouldn't be able to return to Boethiah as he'd be killed by his fellow cultists on sight. He instead gives the player the news and tasks him with bringing it to Boethiah. At this point the player can do three things:

1. Nothing. Eventually the player would discover the dead body of the cultist, probably killed by his fellow cultists. (Only a smallish reward from the cultist if the player had healed him earlier on).

2. Tell Boethiah the whereabouts of the cultist without relaying the message, which would also end in the death of the cultist. (Small reward from Boethiah/his cultists).

3. Or the player can relay the message, for which he would get a very good reward from Boethiah and the cultist.

The player might also be able to betray him to the Molag Bal cultists or whatever authorities are out for his head, after which you would be given a decent reward by them.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Oops, I forgot to add something:

In my example the player's actions might also be tied in with how the Cult of Boethiah fares. In fact, it might even be a Cult of Boethiah quest in which the player is originally asked to kill the cultist, or alternatively it might be a small Molag Bal quest that the person who sent the Daedra asks the player to do on the side. (Sort of like the Morag Tong questgiver for the quest of Mephala in Morrowind, with the treated bittergreen petals).
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

[21:18:30] <TF|In-Class> I want, at some point, a public execution in tel mothrivra
[21:18:32] <lud> In order to make the MQ possible
[21:18:34] <TF|In-Class> the priest dude
[21:18:38] <lud> Will write
[21:18:40] <lud> it in
[21:18:55] <lud> That can be a nice event
[21:18:57] <TF|In-Class> I want either the PC or omothran's apprentice to bring the priest into the plaza
[21:19:13] <TF|In-Class> paralyze him, then kill him with magic
[21:19:25] <TF|In-Class> if the apprentice does it he can give a nice little speech
[21:20:01] <lud> What forms of execution are possible, do you think?
[21:20:13] <lud> Obviously, there's just whacking somebody
[21:20:13] <Andres> "We have all gathered here on this beautiful time-of-day, to execute this person who tried to spread the tribunal propaganda into our lands....."
[21:20:31] <Andres> Feed him to the plants!
[21:20:39] <lud> Andres: done that
[21:20:56] <Andres> It could be Telvanni tradition?
[21:21:19] <lud> I want to keep the plants unique to Faruna and the Argon jungle
[21:21:31] <Andres> Okies
[21:21:37] <TF|In-Class> more along the lines of. "This person still insists on worshiping false gods, my master and I have told you all time and again that those worthless beings are unworthy of such praise, yet he persisted. If they were truely the all loving gods he claims them to be, why are they not here killing me and freeing him?"
[21:22:00] <TF|In-Class> *turns to the guy whose paralyzation spell has worn off*
[21:22:01] <Aro> hmm
[21:22:03] <Aro> Hey
[21:22:06] <TF|In-Class> *guy starts to flee*
[21:22:21] <TF|In-Class> "THIS IS YOUR PUNISHMENT!" *electric bolt to the back*
[21:23:20] <Andres> We could have it with actual voice acting :D
[21:23:24] <Andres> Pweaaaase
[21:23:25] <TF|In-Class> that would pwn
[21:23:31] <lud> I'm thinking that the guy would be there giving a speech about terrorists not showing proper respect, etc, then saying that some examples would need to be made
[21:23:35] <TF|In-Class> but I don't think it would be good
[21:23:46] <lud> Then the dude falls out of the sky from 1000m
[21:23:54] <lud> Fucking hilarious
[21:24:01] <TF|In-Class> the temple guy is the only one in the village who still openly worships though I think
[21:24:19] <Andres> Indeed
[21:24:20] <lud> He's the one who'd fall
[21:24:30] <TF|In-Class> yeah
[21:24:32] <Andres> Yes, but there would be no need for a plain example
[21:24:39] <TF|In-Class> exactly
[21:24:46] <Andres> And tossing people like that is Sheo's way
[21:25:05] <TF|In-Class> and I am not really going for funny, I am going for cruel
[21:25:43] <lud> Thrown off cliff?
[21:25:58] <Andres> The player would not see it very well
[21:26:05] <Andres> I like Thrignars idea
[21:26:08] <TF|In-Class> I think it has to be with magic
[21:26:13] <lud> I think it might be hard to show the execution itself and make it look good
[21:26:20] <TF|In-Class> the player walks into town
[21:26:25] <TF|In-Class> sets off a collision box
[21:26:29] <Nichevo> freeze!
[21:26:36] <TF|In-Class> an NPC perhaps is scripted to run by and force dialog
[21:26:43] <TF|In-Class> NPC tells what is going on
[21:26:53] <TF|In-Class> player runs up the hill and through the thing to the plaza
[21:26:54] <lud> It might be better to simply leave his crucified bones hanging in the centre of town
[21:27:08] <Nichevo> that too ;p
[21:27:11] <Andres> After the death perhaps
[21:27:19] <TF|In-Class> once he goes through the thing to town the PC's movement is disabled
[21:27:25] <TF|In-Class> cue execution
[21:27:44] <TF|In-Class> the priest will run towards the player who is standing in the doorway
[21:27:49] <Andres> The execution happens. The screen goes black. A few hours pass and the priest is already a hanging skeleton
[21:28:06] <lud> Really hard to make complex AITravel scripting work
[21:28:37] <TF|In-Class> better idea
[21:28:44] <TF|In-Class> telvanni guard near the entrace to the village
[21:28:45] <TF|In-Class> not moving
[21:28:51] <TF|In-Class> doesn't run
[21:29:14] <TF|In-Class> still forces dialog and enables an activator box that sets off the event at the end of the tunnel
[21:29:46] <Andres> Will there still be speech? :o
[21:30:10] <TF|In-Class> yes
[21:31:15] <TF|In-Class> how about that lud? a bit easier?
[21:31:40] <lud> What tunnel is this?
[21:31:57] <TF|In-Class> there is a tunnel through a building as you approach the monastary/tower thing
[21:32:34] <lud> Urp
[21:32:47] <TF|In-Class> http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/maps/Tel%20Mothriva.JPG
[21:32:56] <lud> Does that cell have 0 rain chance?
[21:33:00] <TF|In-Class> not sure
[21:33:36] <lud> It's an exterior tunnel, right?
[21:33:43] <TF|In-Class> yeah
[21:34:03] <Andres> It is possible to change weather through scripting
[21:34:12] <lud> That's true
[21:34:37] <lud> If getweather == raining, don't rain script should be put in that cell
[21:34:46] <lud> Ditto PT
[21:35:04] <Andres> No rain there at all? :o
[21:35:09] <TF|In-Class> not like rain doesn't go through things elsewhere
[21:35:29] <Andres> Such POWERFUL MASTERS THAT THEY CONTROL THE WEATHER TO BE SUNNY? :O
[21:36:27] <lud> Yup
[21:36:52] <lud> I'd put a closeness to the tunnel check on it too
[21:37:15] <TF|In-Class> attach the script to the tunnel, lol
[21:37:30] <lud> Tunnels are static
[21:37:44] <lud> Can't put scripts on them
[21:37:55] <Andres> Like it would be difficult to switch one to an activator
[21:38:03] <TF|In-Class> exactly
[21:38:07] <lud> Ok, got to go
[21:38:09] * lud (randomyrand@ChatSpike-cf28ecb6.mysmart.ie) Quit ([CS] Quit: )
[21:38:21] <TF|In-Class> I don't think he likes my idea
[21:38:45] <Andres> Perhaps he just doesn't want me to voiceact? :p

Thrig edit: I was thinking about this perhaps for the main quest for map 2, but if it doesn't fit in there then this is where it would fall. (or perhaps map 2 telvanni faction quests... hmm...)
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

What if the PC levitates into the city?

That quest would be better as part of the House Telvanni quests, possibly for Master Vaerin.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Yes, I agree with nomadic. It's a great idea for a mainquest or a Telvanni line, as it isn't done before and it could become one of the "omh my god how did they do this" quests. About Gnomeys idea, I think the Boethian cult should be kept secret so it shoudln't be used by this misc quest. I do like the idea that he is busy with a quest that you have to do in order to get a bigger reward.

Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

As per previous discussion, Tel Mothrivra is an opressed place. The local lord has beat the faith out of most of the locals, leaving them quite downtrodden. I'd like it if the local misc quests were to reflect this fact; they should have an air of depression about them.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

As for quest 1, I was thinking about a cursed shrine that damaged willpower and/or endurance of that old dunmer woman. The shrine is manipulated by dralothas omothran, in order to show his power.

quest 2: Although I used to mean that the dunmer without tongue, had been struck by a deadra or a summoner from the nearby cave, his tongue could be also cut off from house Telvanni. Or he can't heal his tongue in Tel Mothrivra.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Is someone willing to expand blackbird's quest ideas?

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I don't like the first idea at all, and think the second one wouldn't be as good as other quests that haven't been thought up.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

I would think it would be really cool if the player could, in effect, decide who is executed if a public execution ever takes place in Tel Mothrivra wether this is a quest in the map 2 main quest or a side quest here.
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

but there is only one person who would be executed. The master isn't someone who kills indiscriminately, he just kills those who stand in his way.

Fun thought, he is a necromancer, why not have him bring the priest back to life as an undead servant. Perhaps in some temple quest you are sent to kill the corpse and put him to rest.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:but there is only one person who would be executed. The master isn't someone who kills indiscriminately, he just kills those who stand in his way.

Fun thought, he is a necromancer, why not have him bring the priest back to life as an undead servant. Perhaps in some temple quest you are sent to kill the corpse and put him to rest.
That's genius.

That might be better than actually showing the execution.
Have the Temple guy disappear and all the townspeople looking for him. The player gets a quest to look for him and when they eventually find him, he's a zombie doing some minor task for Vaerin (eg: helping to burn copies of Temple books)
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Is this big execution thing now going to be part of this claim? I thought it was going to the Telvanni line?
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

The first quest is about a women who is ill or has almost no more energy. The last rumors state she doens't leave her home.
The second quest is about someone who hs lost his tongue.
Or those are the quests I designed. If you want something else, feel free to edit the dialogue.

Btw there is a guy living at the storehouse. He isn't known by the other inhabitants.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Does anyone else have quest ideas for Tel Mothrivra?
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Quality Time

Feduro Daranith is annoyed. His brother, the exciteable and hopelessly romantic Mohryl Daranith (new NPC) is on the balcony outside their house, threatening to fling himself over the edge. This isn't the first time this situation has come up, and Feduro is fed up of talking him down. He doesn't know why his brother is suicidal, but it's usually 'woman trouble' that's to blame. Feduro says he's happy to just leave him up there, but if the player wants to help, why not.

When you speak to Mohryl, he swears that he really will jump this time, and that life is no longer worth living. You can encourage him to jump, in which case he goes over the edge and is killed (the fall probably isn't far enough for this to happen naturally, some tweaking of things may be required). Feduro is shocked and angry, and tells you to get out of his house (maybe your rep goes down with the rest of the townsfolk, too).

Alternatively, you can ask Mohryl what his problem is. As his brother predicted, it's romantic troubles. Mohryl has decided he's head-over-heels in love with Sedri Endavel, a guard at the local prison (new NPC, should replace one of the generic guards- a female dunmer with standard guard equipment). Unfortunately, she completely ignores his existence. Can the player help?

If the player agrees and goes to the prison Mohryl will refuse to speak with him, saying she's too busy keeping the jail in order to chitchat. If you have a problem, she suggests talking to one of the other guards. If you ask any of the other guards in Tel Mothrivra about her, they'll tell you that attractive though she is, she's married to the job. If I wanted to spend time with her, they'll tell you, my best bet would be to get locked up. She rarely leaves the prison.

If you take this info back to Mohryl, he comes up with an ingenious plan. The two of you go back to the prison, and you tell Sedri that Mohryl has stolen from you and you've made a citizen's arrest. She seems sceptical. When the dialogue ends, and as per your prearranged plan, Mohryl attacks you with his fists. You can of course fight back, but it should have been made clear in dialogue that you're NOT SUPPOSED TO. Sedri will subdue him, maybe with a minor destruction spell that stops him attacking. If you speak to her again, she apologises for doubting you and says not to worry, she'll have to process his details but then he'll be locked up safe and sound.

If you speak to Mohryl at this point, he'll thank you for helping him get arrested and give you a key to a chest back at his house, with gold or whatever reward in it. Feduro will be exasperated with his brother for this hare-brained scheme, and with you for helping him. On subsequent visits to the prison you'll find Mohryl in one of the cells, overjoyed at the chance to be around his love. For her part, she'll admit that he's better company than some of the other prisoners that pass through, even if he is clearly a lunatic. Nobody behind bars should be that cheerful.
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

That's awesome, I love it.

The other quest here should be a little more serious though - perhaps we can somehow merge Blackbird's two together?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

The tongueless guy one is a bit weird... and also not related to the town, so I'd make that a reserve for future wilderness miscs.

The old lady one is a bit 'been there done that' with the whole potion thing. It could definitely be developed maybe.

But I think this town has a lot more potential for coolness. It's probably my favourite design of a town on Map 2.

gro-Dhal's is (of course :P) excellent, but yes I think something more political or 'serious' is warranted for the second quest.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

You guys must have missed the part where the player INCITES A MAN TO KILL HIMSELF.

But I see what you mean. Something political you say? Hmm...
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Perhaps relating to letting the Temple use the former monastery again, in part? Or even completely ousting the Telvanni HQ?
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

@ Aeven: No way. one of the quests of Master Vaerin is to exterminate that priest.

I thought that old woman who doens't leave her house could be senile or have Alzheimer, she is demented,...
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

The monastary will remain under telvanni control, at the very least, nothing will be changed on that front by a mere misc quest.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

This is a mini-quest, IMO not enough to fulfil Tel Mothrivra's quotia. But it's up to you.

Gone to Ground
Hanging around at the entrance to Tel Mothrivra are two Dunmer, Galsu Merith and Irvym Sadril they are both Ordinators, but because they're on the road they're only in partial armour (no helmets, mixture of Indoril armour and travel clothes). Galsu will ask for your help if you speak to her. She'll tell you that one individual in Tel Mothrivra, the Redguard Staron, is wanted for the murder of a Temple priest. Dralothas Omothran won't let the two Ordinators into the settlement and they don't have the merpower(?) to force entry so they've been waiting here for Staron to come out. Galsu wants you to persuade Staron to leave the settlement.
-alternatively-
You meet the Redguard, Staron, in the bar. With sufficiently high disposition he'll reveal his backstory. Shortly after arriving in Morrowind, he got into a fight with a Dunmer and killed him. Afterwards, he found out that the Dunmer had been a well-connected priest and now the Temple is out for his blood. He's taken shelter in Tel Mothrivra, where Omothran has granted him sanctuary (essentially for the lulz). But Staron is fed up of being trapped here and wants to go home. He's not too knowledgeable about magic, but he's heard there's a kind of magic scroll that'll teleport him to the nearest Cult chapel (Divine Intervention to what I assume would be Helnim?). He can't get hold of one here, and he can't risk leaving the town via any conventional means. Can you get one for him before the Ordinators outside find a way to kill him?

At this point you can find Staron a Divine Intervention scroll. Before teleporting away, he says he'll meet you in the Helnim(?) chapel and give you your reward before he ships out unnoticed.

On the other hand, you can return to the Ordinators outside (or visit them for the first time if you entered the quest through dialogue with Staron). They'll suggest an alternative strategy: give him an Almsivi Intervention scroll. Staron isn't literate in magic and won't know the difference until he arrives, by which time it'll be too late. If you do this, Staron thanks you and teleports off to his doubtless unpleasant fate. You return to the Ordinators, who reward you for your help.

[Incidentally, although I love the idea of a Redguard character who can tell you all about Hammerfell, pretty much all of Staron's unique dialogue needs to be redone. It's kind of clunky]
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

This is really good, but might clash a little with Vaerin's quests. One involves preventing the Temple representatives from coming to Tel Mothrivra, so having two of them hanging around outside might make that a little redundant. What do you think?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Could that Vaerin quest have its location changed to somewhere other than Tel Mothrivra? Perhaps an envoy to the Parliament of Bugs he wants stopped?

And yes, as usual I very much like your plan, gro-Dhal. :)

With this quest, I would be ready to send this to Unclaimed. Further quests could always be added later if necessary.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Yeah, that's probably better. I'll make the changes to Vaerin's line.

Drulusa Hlamen, the old Dunmer who's very tired, already has some of the quest dialogue, so it would be almost no work to finish that off for a quick and simple fetch quest:

The Trials of Age
Drulusa Hlamen, an old Dunmer, is standing in the plaza in Tel Mothrivra. She tells you she's very tired and unable to walk any further. She asks you to bring her a standard potion of restore endurance. Once you bring it to her, she thanks you and tells you to come and see her at her house later. From then on, she can be found in her house, where she will give you a book and maybe some food as a reward.

(As a side note, I'm not a fan of the name Drulusa. Perhaps it could be changed?)
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Sweet.

Drelasa Hlamen should be the new name. The quester should only change the NPC's name, and not her ID. Any existing references in dialogue (unlikely, but do a text search) should be corrected.

And now this can go to Unclaimed. :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

Claiming. I love doing small settlement quests. They're like glue that holds the big awesome quests together. I'll go by whatever gro-Dhal wrote (it's late, so I'll look at it tomorrow).
Faalen
Developer

Post by Faalen »

Two things:

It's probably good to read what the quest is before claiming it. Not that it makes much difference, but you really ought to know what it is you're claiming. For instance, you wouldn't be granted an interior by saying, "Will build whatever this is, I'll look later."

Your first quest has not been reviewed, much less approved, and this claim is not likely to be granted until that happens. This is because in quests, unlike ints, errors are usually returned to the modder to fix because they are more familiar with the layout of the file.
Q1-77-Tel current progress:
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=266462#266462]Journals 100% done.[/url]
Practical implementation is now underway.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hey Beave, in the future, if you accidentally claim something by hitting reply instead of the claim button, you don't actually have to type anything in the actual "Claim" post; just leave it blank and no post will be made, solving the double-post-when-you-forget-to-hit-the-claim-button problem.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Faalen is pretty much right, but I appreciate your enthusiasm Beave. :)

I'm off for a week or so now, so if Beave's other claim gets sorted out and reviewed by one of our questers, then that quester can give the nod to another mod to grant this claim (if Beave decides to reclaim it).
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Detinith
Developer

Post by Detinith »

So is this quest claimed or not? It's still in unclaimed. If still unclaimed, I've been looking for a small quest project to begin working.

Edit: Nevermind, I've claimed another. Enjoy :D
"Oh...'smash rock'. Sure, it's 'technically' magnificent...you know where to put your fingers 'n all." -Early Cuyler
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

Now that my other quest claim has been approved I would like to claim this one. I've read through gro-Dhal's "Quality Time", "Gone To Ground", and MowSkowz's "The Trials of Age" and these are the three quests I will make. Beyond that, I have designed a way for the guy to jump off the ledge, and it works... but I had to remove two of the fence pieces.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Granting, happy modding!

Do these plans justice! ;)
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Could you pretty please fix also Staron's existing dialogue so that it doesn't sound so clunky?
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

Alright, Staron's dialogue has been tweaked. Before I upload a WIP, however, I would appreciate the opinions of others on two topics.

First - some kind of reaction from the Ordinators needs to result from helping Staron I propose two alternatives:

1. The Ordinators simply are disabled upon helping Staron. This is a simple solution, but might not make sense to everyone.

2. The Ordinators remain where they are, and then arrest the PC upon greeting, or whatever. The PC could perhaps try lying to them by saying Staron was tricked, which could be a chance thing based on speechcraft skill, disposition, etc.

Second - the nearest shrine is not Helnim, but Cephorad Keep. Here we simply have a simplicity versus accuracy case:

1. Keep the destination as Helnim and direct the PC to Helnim, but if the PC assumes that using DI will teleport to Helnim, the end result will cause confusion.

2. Change destination to Cephorad Keep. Possibly harder to reach, but with DI transport there will be no confusion.

With the Ordinators, I'm rather indifferent. With the DI, I'm leaning towards Cephorad Keep. What about you?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

If you help Staron having not met the Ordinators, I'd disable them to avoid confusion.

If you help him having met them, chatting to them should give the player the choice of whether to fess up or not. They can either admit their role or claim he 'escaped somehow'. if they fess up, the Ordinators attack. If they pass it off in whatever way, the Ordinators are disabled on CellChange.

I'm with you on Cephorad Keep, I think.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals