Yarr, got me drivers license yarr, yarr.

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Do you think "penis" should be on every poll in TR's future.

Poll ended at Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:05 pm

Yes
6%
No
22%
Penis
44%
Yarr!
28%

Total votes: 18

TheGooch
Developer

Yarr, got me drivers license yarr, yarr.

Post by TheGooch »

Yarr. might do some TR work now. Yarr. Im so Happy. Yarr. A lot of people use Yarr. Yarr. Why is that so?. Yarr
theviking and MowSkwoz have it in theirs... soo: "We need quest designers!" - Stolen From teh Cutness.

-----------------
TehGo0ch
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

vajayjay has to be included if penis is ;(
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

You bastard, I have failed three times and I had to pay 200 euros everytime for it. jk, enjoy it and have fun!
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
TheGooch
Developer

Post by TheGooch »

it was short an quick, on manuever i had to do was a hill start, i only stalled once :) and made no other mistakes. though i did leave my indicator at one point on far too long.
normally an hour, it only took 20minutes :D . and cost me 150AU to do it all. 50 for the license and 100 for using the car.
theviking and MowSkwoz have it in theirs... soo: "We need quest designers!" - Stolen From teh Cutness.

-----------------
TehGo0ch
Hillbilly Man
Developer

Arkansas Drivers Liscense

Post by Hillbilly Man »

Thats great news. I'm happy for you. In Arkansas eveyone starts driving at the age of 14. Don't tell the cops. :)
No, I'm not really a hillbilly

"truly special 10's are to be saved for truly special occasions (like the night you try to get in her pants)" - Lady Nerevar
TheGooch
Developer

Post by TheGooch »

hahaha, if your in rural areas and need to get to a bus or even school, you can get special permission from the police to drive there, but only if your so far from school/bus stop or something. :D soooo happy.

parentals bought me a '95 hilux 4x2 with 108k,kms, but no power steering/AC, though it has a cd player :D

i shouldnt say any of this, tehviking might get mad at me and go pyscho.

-----------------
TehGo0ch
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

How much did they pay for it? And no power steering? In a '95? Wasn't power steering like mandated in the 80s?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
TheGooch
Developer

Post by TheGooch »

not sure... but it cost $7260. the people who owned it are RACQ inspectors. (racq = royal automotive club of queensland)
and they serviced it themselves, its in *new* condition for being so old. (we knew the previous owners too, but didnt directly buy it from them)
the dealers who sold it to us are cleaning it up to look spiffy. the price is reasonably. and for 13years old it hasnt been used much. we did an Internetz search and found a 2004 hilux, for 13500, and it did about 60,000 kms.
theres a 99 mitsubich ute there (at the dealership) for 7000 but its a heap of shit. pardon my french, but it just f*&*king sucks.

going by toyota hiluxes, we should get another 5 to 10 years out of it.

-----------------
TehGo0ch
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Get a VW. Then you can flash the peace sign at other VWs on the highway :D
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
TheGooch
Developer

Post by TheGooch »

our family have had a VW, it fucked up seriously(4turbos, 2brake kit, 2gearboxes. and thats the bare minimum that hapened), we now hate VW's. it was out at the garage for about half a year total. the dealership who fixed it, had a multimillion dollar computer and couldnt fix it with that(they found the problem tho), they then sent it to another place who had a slightly better computer, then they found the problem, and fixed it. gah were lucky we were in warranty and it hardly cost us much, but it was just total bullshit. Tyrion if you have one or are planning on getting one, i urge you to reconsider, GET RID OF THEM. they might have been good ages ago, but now they're shit boxes. sorry for my slight rant, i just fucken hate VW's. i know other people who have had VW's and they had similiar problems. all our friends too now tell everyone to not buy VW's because of the problems we've had.

if i had a button that would blow up every VW in the world (not killing anyone) including the factory, i would. :twisted: fricken evil shitbox VW's.

and believe me when i say this, dont get me start on VW's. youve just had a small taste of a large buildup of anger against VW. next time it will be much worse and ill probably get kicked off of TR.

edit: fucken peace sign. anybody i fucking see wave a fucken piece sign at me while there driving a fucking VW, ill fucken run em off the fucken road... i dont fucken care if your kevin rudds wife, youre fucking get pwned.

-----------------
TehGo0ch
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

If you have that much trouble with a VW it's your fault.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
TheGooch
Developer

Post by TheGooch »

a golf turbo diesel? there is a website dedicated to shitty VW.

-----------------
TehGo0ch
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I heard the newer ones have lotsa bugs. Trust me I've heard my fair share of VW horror stories (including one in which the lady's jetta spontaneously caught fire on the highway). To be totally honest though, mine is a 97 so the engine is still fairly simple, and I've had no major problems with it.

VWs are a love hate thing.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
TheGooch
Developer

Post by TheGooch »

how could could it be our fault haplo how. VW's are just poorly designed and made cars, when they work they are brilliant, but when they fucken break down those problems shits all over the good things about them. like doing 165km/h on a highway and feel like you could get out and walk faster. so we traded the fucker in and got an aurion, which so far hasn't had ANY problems (touch wood).

-----------------
TehGo0ch
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

VW are quality stuff as far as I know, but japanese cars are the real deal. You'll just never get mechanical problems with them.
TheGooch
Developer

Post by TheGooch »

Yarrr, got my car this morning, runs great, although it felt like shit going from 4th to 5th, but its probably just my error, so i kept it in 4th. it has an alpine cd player which is AWESOMESAUCE. So i chucked a few rock songs on a cd and swiiiiisssshhh. the awesomesauce turned into rocketsauce. Ahh the freedom...

-----------------
TehGo0ch