OoT Error Reporting

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

OoT Error Reporting

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Please, post errors found in the OoT plug-in here. Please follow this format when ever possible. Feel free to post suggestions of needed items and any opinions you have about the current items here as well.

Object ID:
Error:
Suggested Fix:

I thank you for your cooperation.
Last edited by Lady Nerevar on Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Ok, here is my list of errors. i will be taking a look at fixing some of the texture errors in the near future.

I have skipped the arch meshes on purpose.

Object ID:TrBarrel01, 02, 03
Error:could use some shading around the cloth part to indicate folds. This should be in Containers not in Static.
Suggested Fix: texture in folds and get some normal mapping action. Move folder location.

Object ID:TrGMCliff01
Error:Bad texture, mesh way too small.
Suggested Fix: Texture needs to be changed entierly and a new normal map made. the mesh needs to be scaled up (or we could skip this step and let the modders do it themselves)

Object ID:TrGMRockGrassXXXXX
Error:the grass texture is not showing up. my suspicion is that the paths got messed up.
Suggested Fix: fix the paths.

Object ID:TRStirk
Error:you can see strait through the statue from the eye holes. could use a more fancy texture or some vertex shading
Suggested Fix: fix eye thing, maybe work on texture and/or vertex shading.

Object ID:TrLamppost
Error:needs a better texture
Suggested Fix: provide said texture

Object ID:TrGMSpearheadReed01
Error:texture missing, paths suspected
Suggested Fix: fix paths

Object ID:TrHKFlora05
Error:WAY too small.
Suggested Fix: make bigger or instruct modders to do so individualy.

Object ID:TrBarrCont02
Error:cloth needs to have folds, wood needs to have planks (one does not carve a barrel out of a solid piece of wood :P). there are some shinyness issues, so the normal map needs to be fixed too.
Suggested Fix: fix textures.

Object ID:TrClayCont01
Error:body is transparent. this is probably a fault of the mesh since the rest are fine.
Suggested Fix: no idea.

Object ID:TrClayCont01, 02, 03, 04, 05
Error:textures tile visibly
Suggested Fix: fix texture.

rest of objects later, though i dont expect many more errors. most of this is minor and easy to fix. much of this is just me trying to make 0oT the very best i can and not actual physical errors/
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Object ID:TrClayCont01
Error:body is transparent. this is probably a fault of the mesh since the rest are fine.
Suggested Fix: no idea.
First of all, sorry for that one and the other ones too :P
Fix:
[url=http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x139/aruncio101/TR/Fixing01.jpg][img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x139/aruncio101/TR/th_Fixing01.jpg[/img][/url]

Fixed mesh aviable for download below. What is going be the scheme of fixing errors? Do we have any? Because I just would love to work on it.
Attachments
TRClayCont01.rar
(25.58 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Last edited by aro101 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?
PoHa: I know! we'll shoot an Aro at them
Aro: you have only one Aro missile!
PoHa: yes, but its heat seeking and quite possibly indestructible

How to do not become a modeller - by Stryker:
[00:13:]Stryker: no tutorial, no no no
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

i supose fixed files can be submited here, by PM, or in the claims threads. then they will all be merged at next 0oT update. thats how we did it with MW i believe...

honestly, a thurough review system of meshes would have eliminated most of these errors. i supose i should have taken a look at these before they were merged. the mesh reviewers' duties are from now on to officialy review every mesh that gets submited from now on. kk?
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

M'kay! I don't want to spam this thread with fixed meshes and discussion about them, so I'll be posting the new version in respective claims. We don't have claims for some meshes, so in such situation I'll posting it here.
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Lady Nerevar wrote:I suppose fixed files can be submitted here, by PM, or in the claims threads. then they will all be merged at next 0oT update. thats how we did it with MW i believe...

Honestly, a thorough review system of meshes would have eliminated most of these errors. I suppose I should have taken a look at these before they were merged. The mesh reviewers' duties are from now on to officially review every mesh that gets submitted from now on. kk?
We don't have mesh reviewers... it was generally me just making sure they had collision and worked right; At the time I added most of these things I didn't have the knowledge/skill to do an in-depth review, trusting Aro's multiple revisions to be good enough to catch the things like that.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

trusting Aro's multiple revisions to be good enough to catch the things like that.
Multiple revisions made me blind for such unexpected errors like face flipping and becoming a mesh transparent :P What should be done is a review by another person that can take a fresh look at the work, just like you Lady N. You have the abilities to take depth look at something and catch out lack of quality. The problem is we don't have too many such people.

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

well, last i heard both aro and jellew were official unofficial mesh reviewers. and i look at stuff for pleasure, review, and posible ESF pimpage. so i think as long as someone who can do a review does it it will be OK.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

Object ID: All trees (don't want to put all of their IDs)
Error: LOD versions of trees are too small! See pictures below.
Suggested Fix: Increase the size.

http://cleverclothe.googlepages.com/TreesClose.JPG
http://cleverclothe.googlepages.com/TreesMed.JPG
http://cleverclothe.googlepages.com/TreesFar.JPG

[Edit: BTW, we could use more types of that cliff. Having just a strait piece with no curves or ends makes things difficult! Also more fense/wall pieces.]
_________ E I
Claimed:.0 0
Review:...0 0
Finished:.2 5
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

If will be working on that cliff, I can make a rounded of piece within a minute, literally. Two more wall pieces have already been made, if you're talking about the fortifications. Check the respective claim. If you have any ideas for even more wall/fense pieces, just let me know :)

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

PoHa also mentioned something about the trees having faulty colisions, leme see if i can pull logs from that convo...
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Thanks for another update Haplo. Your Paperwork of Tamriel (PoT) skills are impressive.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

This update was 100% aro's handiwork (except actually uploading it to the FTP site and naming it TR_OoT_Main.rar and moving like 1 file), so congratulate him on the update :-D I just get to make the posts :-P
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Hey der.

I fixed a small error that was present on all of the Tors and some of the plants, visible in fog or sometimes in the dark. [url=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/PoHaEiFor/Rocks.jpg?t=1195174435]Clicky for pic.[/url]

The cause was an underscore in the base texture, causing it to have trouble finding the normal map, or something along those lines. I deleted the "_" from the texture names, and changed the texture paths for what I believe is all of the .nifs that were affected. Attached are the ones I changed.
Attachments
Data.rar
(2.17 MiB) Downloaded 114 times
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

"You wiki'd my girlfriend?"
~Dexter
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

aro101 wrote:I merged PoHa!s fix. Thank you PoHa!

Be sure to clean up the /textures/tr/plants and rocks folders before unpacking the new OoT if you don't want to store useless files on your machines.
That is what OMM is for. :P
_________ E I
Claimed:.0 0
Review:...0 0
Finished:.2 5
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

TR_furn_crate_open_05 : This static lack texture at two of the bottom sides, opposite of one another. The TR_furn_crate_open_04, a similar static, is ok.

Thanks for moving this, btw!
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Ayedail
Developer

Post by Ayedail »

here's one

Object ID: TrGMRockGrass02255 ,02195
Error: last Oot, the grass texture on top of this rock wasnt there, and the rock texture on the sides was. now its the other way around, so missing grass texture on these rocks.
Suggested Fix add the texture I guess
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Great! Swift, effective and quick respons to my wishes :)
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

[url=http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thingsta2.jpg][img]http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/200/thingsta2.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Two things with the TrGMCoverStairs.

EDIT:

TrGMMC02b and TrGMMC02db are both missing doors to their balconies. All other MCb houses have them as far as I know...
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

I fixed TrGMCoverStairs. A new version will be included in the next OoT. Things noticed by PoHa!:
-A lot of architecture could gain some benefits from vertex painting.
-TrGMFenceGate needs animation.

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

TRGMLCdoor is pink!

TrBarrCont03 has a pink texture instead of rope texture holding the cloth piece on top of the barrel.

So does TrBarrCont05

TrClayCont01 becomes transparent in the CS when turning on light. No other clay container does that.

That's all :)

Oh and the Trlantern still crash my CS...
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

This magic 1,85 MB replacing pack should fix all the problems mentioned in the post above! Will be of course included in the next OoT
Attachments
Data.rar
(1.85 MiB) Downloaded 115 times

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

TrClayCont01 is now entirely invisible, except the handles and the cap :)

And the TRlantern still... crash my CS :)

the Door and the barrels are ok though!
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Oh, lol, it's worse than I thought :/ Let's see what can I do...

blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Some lights from the Silgrad Tower mod for oblivion do also crash when i use those in the CS. I couldn't find a static named TRlight64 or something. Perhaps this lightas a static version will work. Just replace this static light with light version and it could work. It works for me with ST.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

[url=http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?image=missingtexturerl1.jpg][img]http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/4139/missingtexturerl1.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Missing texture at the end of that wooden bar sticking out of the TRGMLC09 mesh :)
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

The texture that is used for the ends of the posts on all the LC buildings (see the pic in the last post) should be something like Data\Textures\wood\woodpostend01.dds instead of a wrap-around of the wood texture from the sides.

Yes, I know, that would be a pain to fix.
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

PoHa! wrote:Yes, I know, that would be a pain to fix.
Indeed. That requires a redesigning of the mesh structure. And then a lot of copy & paste & move & rotate work. I would tag this as a very low priority fix.

PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Object ID: TrStirkStatue
Error: Is it just me, or is the mesh missing? Or is the Object pointing to the wrong .nif?
Suggested Fix: Include the .nif, or fix where the object points to, or tell me to get my objects in order

Object ID: TRGMLCPillar
Error: The pillar is the exact same width as the wall, causing texture bleeds if I use them together, unless I upscale the pillar, but then I have to do it to exactly 1.25 if I want to be able to place several of them in a line.
Suggested Fix: Upscale the pillar a bit (but leave the wooden part alone)
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I'm at work now, so I can't recall the exact names, but the newly vertex shaded low class houses lack collision! And the low class tents get a strange texture when close to lights.

Edit: Enabling Havok simulation crash my CS!
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Nemon wrote:I'm at work now, so I can't recall the exact names, but the newly vertex shaded low class houses lack collision! And the low class tents get a strange texture when close to lights.

Edit: Enabling Havok simulation crash my CS!
I've had plenty of CTD's with the vertex shaded models, though I haven't tracked down which ones are causing it... Although, the collision on my lower class houses are present. I must have accidentally uploaded a few older files, or something.

Yeah, the vertex shaded tents were really bad. Don't use them at all. The CS tricked me on those.

Also, those files aren't currently in OoT, are they? Surely not... right?
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Completely right

Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

And so I decided to take a look at what you people have done for Oblivion, and report on the problems I would find.

WorldObjects\Flora\TR\Plants\TRHKFlora4v1, v2, v3: they're named "Nirthfly Stalks" which is [url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tamriel:Nirthfly#Nirthfly]inappropriate[/url]. They don't look like the Nirthfly stalks in Mournhold, and if they were Nirthfly they shouldn't be in Hammerfell.

TrHKFlora03 is along the wrong axis, you have to give it an X-rotation of 90° to get it vertical.

TrGMRoot01Russian and TrGMRoot01White are retextures of TrGMRoot02Aldar, not of TrGMRoot01Aldar as they should be.

HKFloat 3, 4 and 5 have no ingredients.

WorldObjects\Lights\TR\TrLantern64 makes the CS crash. You're lucky, though, because I know why and I can tell you how to fix this. One of the hidden, unknown fields of the [url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes4Mod:Mod_File_Format/LIGH]LIGH[/url] record is apparently "Makes the CS crash" and this value is set to "true" by default. Since this checkbox is not available in the CS, this means that you can't get set a light to be not crashing when creating a new light. The workaround is to take an existing, working light, and modify its name, model path, and so on to what you want. Then click "Yes" when it asks you whether you want to make a new FormID or not. You'll inherit from the original LIGH's value of "false" to the "Makes the CS crash" field, and then you will be able to use the light.
[url=http://img390.imageshack.us/my.php?image=proofoflightsy1.png][img]http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/5999/proofoflightsy1.th.png[/img][/url]

By the way, 64 is a ridiculously low value.

Also: as a vertex shading ayatollah, I am distressed at the amount of statics that still need it.

There's no Stirk statue in the archive.
Why isn't the Stirk shield in the same directory as the Stirk cuirass?
The coral mace could use some smoothing groups.
The dunedweller dagger mesh is missing too.
FLESH
Developer

Post by FLESH »

Object ID: All TR trees
Error: Missing collision on TRGMGnarled, and inadequate collision on all others, the collision on the Aldars is still going straight up even though the tree is not (SpeedTree collision error), same with RussianOlives, TRGMAldarBuckThornFA and TRGMAldarBuckThornSU both have too small collision, an increase in the bubble should fix the issue of being able to walk through some branches. TRHelkoriTree03 collision is too small leaving the back end of the tree walk-able through
Suggested Fix: Increase size of collision, add collision, and change shape, for those it applies too.
"Don’t they know that God taking over the economic systems would be SOCIALISM from SPACE?" -Wonkette
TheGooch
Developer

Post by TheGooch »

i know why people are having errors with the stirk statue, because it was incorrectly named in the TR_Oot_Main esm.
by changing the files name from trstatue to stirkstatue it works. (this is the best option.)

edit: oh shit, should have put this in the errors bit but anyways...
theviking and MowSkwoz have it in theirs... soo: "We need quest designers!" - Stolen From teh Cutness.

-----------------
TehGo0ch
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

The static that is included in OoT isn't even used in Stirk. The object that stands there is an activator. Stirk statue error should be fixed inside the stirk file.

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Okay, what happened? Every single piece of wall mesh is rotated 90 degrees, and some cliff meshes has changed totally?!
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Aro didn't like the old cliffs and replaced them by retexes of SI cliffs. Hey, could you try to see if some of [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=20084]Siika's rocks[/url] would be good to rebuild the cliff face?
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Nemon, I had to remake the walls. Sorry... :/ You can wait a week (I'll be away for some days now) for me to rotate that piece and reexport it, or start to realign them with your own hands. They will need to be rearranged anyway, check the rounded pieces, they should work flawlessly now. Choice is yours. And if you like the cliffs Gez linked, let me know too! And Gez is right about the cliffs. The old ones were hopeless (It's not about liking or not).

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Well, if they are ONLY rotated exactly 90 degrees then that's easily fixed right now, since I can use snap to angle on them. Hang on a sec...

Yes, snap to angle 90 degrees -> problem solved...
But the old ones had vertex shading, but that's not important yet.

Regarding cliffs, I see you have totally removed the ones that had the lighting issue, and I guess that's ok. The shape of them was a bit awkward in some places, and the retextured ones match the TrGMrocks.

And a big THANK YOU for including the TrGMCliff as a ground texture, you ROCK!!!