q2-8-Mis

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Heh. I looked through the Rookery looking for suitable books to make the quest items. Seems I didn't do too well there. Sorry about all that. Clean it, there's nothing of worth there.
Warning: may contain large amounts of sarcasm.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Nice to know I'm not the only forgetting not to save after experimenting around with cells ;)
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Hmm. First of all, if I am the only one seeing problems here, then tell me and I'll shut up. If not, I've got an idea how to make sense out of the competition quest.

1) Assuming that you solve the quest the good way and tell Drithnil about the diary, you also get a chance to tell him about Ervul's plot. He is irate, but cannot make head nor tail of Ervul's bullshit about Kwama eggs. He is sure there are ulterior motives.

2) You are being sent into Ervul's house, where you look for some evidence - without much success. Once you are on the upper level of his hut, you hear a door open and close, both Ervul and the guard disappear and you are locked in (80pts or something). The key is in a chest with a 40pts lock (there's an opening scroll for 40pts on the table...) that spawns a dremora open unlocking (the man is an enchanter after all). The idea is that the player should be delayed and unable to follow Ervul.

3) Once the player is out and has talked to Drithnil, it turns out Drithnil has been waiting outside of Ervul's housepod and saw Ervul running into the Tel Narrusa Services. He implicates Berkan, the alchemist in the Services to be plotting against him (this time the competition is real...).

4) Confront Berkan and listen to a ragefest of a monologue about how he not only lost his business but also Nisirel to Drithnil (it turns out he initially *did* hire Nisirel to spy on Drithnil), and now that he is at the end of his rope and knows whom to blame for it, he quaffs every single buff potion he has ever made and puts up quite a fight. You thought you were the only munchkin in the gameworld, didn't you?

5) Speak to Nisirel and Drithnil for some additional reward. Also, I'd propose putting a new alch trader on Berkan's place to mitigate the "FFFFFUUUU I killed a trader" effect. Depending on the local Telvanni lord's personality, he might also have something to say about it.

ALT-1) There should be an alternative way for players who decide not to break out of Ervul's home but rather wait for some hours. Ervul should eventually come back in and make a tongue-in-cheek apology, offering the player some open-lock scrolls (honoring the good old RPG tradition to give the player stuff when he doesn't have a use for it anymore). Other than that, the quest should go on normally.

What do you guys think about it? Does it make sense? How hard does it suck? I think I could actually manage the scripts, but not the dialogue.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

First two quests tested.

Dwemer Dealings
1) This is something that most RPGs do wrong, but I would still like to see this done right. In this quest, you can just walk to the militia captain, show him the coherer and get the two arrested. How on earth does he know that it's indeed Aarlen's smuggled coherer rather than your smuggled coherer?

I think there is a good way to fix this without much trouble. At the moment when you get the coherer, you can talk to the guards and the militia captain, but he does not consider this proof enough. Instead he pays you (50 gold?) to continue on whatever shady business Aarlen has for you and to report back when you have something better. When you get the message, you can report it to him, and he will (after 1 day of checking with the city archive?) concede that there is a proof finally, because the handwriting on the message matches that of some known document (this is what took him a day). So you've got Aarlen implicated, but not Mirabelle. Whether Mirabelle should disappear at all or is intimidated enough by Aarlen's capture to stop the business is another question. (If we want the former, we must add some proof against her, too.)

2) When Aarlen disappears, his shop becomes entirely unguarded. Given the value of what is inside, this is more than ironic. Add a guard inside and lock the door outside, please.

Complicated Competition

1) what I wrote in the post above

2) If I try to take Nisirel's diary, it does not land in my inventory. Instead the exemplar on the table becomes impossible to activate. Maybe just make it untake-able?
MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

Too bad we couldn't have found all these colossal plot holes before we actually started making the quests.

Someone else re-design a bullet proof plot that's approved by arvisrend, then I'll start the whole thing again.
"Thank you to the Makers of Rules. To the Breakers of Backs. To the sincere Autocrats. To the false Democrats. To the Builders of Walls. To the Painters of Lines. To those who Tattoo Numbers. To those who point fingers. To those who count their greed. To those who split by colour. To those who smile their lies.

Thank you so very much."
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

I don't understand why TheGreatness changed "Ervul owes Nisirel a lot of money" to "Ervul fears Nisirel's competition" as the reason why Ervul is after her. But that's the problem with these quest threads - they are too TL;DR already and still there is a lot of stuff going on in PM and the chatroom without which one can barely understand the discussion. I think this is the main reason why nobody has dared to comment on the quest plans before it was too late, and maybe even why we don't have any new questers...

BTW the stuff doesn't need any approval of mine, I'm not even a quester (though I could do the scripts, as I said). I'd wish the actual people in charge here would comment.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I'll review this later today.
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

arvisrend wrote:I don't understand why TheGreatness changed "Ervul owes Nisirel a lot of money" to "Ervul fears Nisirel's competition" as the reason why Ervul is after her.
Because getting her arresting or fined wouldn't mean he doesn't have to pay her money, but it does mean her shop won't be able to compete with his. I still don't really see the problem with this, as it seems perfectly logical to me for them to be in competition, even if they don't sell excatly the same things.
arvisrend wrote:This is something that most RPGs do wrong, but I would still like to see this done right. In this quest, you can just walk to the militia captain, show him the coherer and get the two arrested. How on earth does he know that it's indeed Aarlen's smuggled coherer rather than your smuggled coherer?
Because if the guard then searched Aarlen's house he would find evidence of smuggling and arrest him/her. It couldn't possibly be the players smuggled coherer because why would a smuggler walk up to a guard and show him what they have smuggled?

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

From the brief glance over I've had, I think 'colossal plot holes' is overstating things, Sam. As quester, it is your decision as to whether to include arvis's suggestions or not. From what I can tell, he's proposing some alternate paths through the quests, which would be great to have. These should just be straight-up aditions to the quest though, they don't require much (if anything) in the way of alteration/redoing. (On the smuggled goods one, as noted it's something of an RPG trope that guards would just take such evidence at face value - whilst it might be nice to avoid falling into that, there's no need to fret if it's too much work at this stage - tropes exist for a reason)

Arvis, that problem with the book is one that eternally plagues any book with a script. I think it might have something to do with OnActivate clauses but it's been a long time now since I've had to deal with this. There is a certain way of formatting the script which will solve it. Sam, try scavenging direct from "TR_m1_Q_NinarisNoteScript" - I seem to recall that is a script which once had the problem but was fixed.

Also Arvis, whilst you're right that these threads are basically the epitome of TL;DR, that's why we've switched to implementing quests at the NPC stage now, which is a lot more intuitive, and also why I warned MSam up front that working on someone else's file is always a pain (and with old style quest claims, you're always working with someone else's characters and settings anyway). There's really no way around that. Questing just needs skilled and committed people who are able to keep control of their work.

En sum: as long as the quests are functional Sam, you're good. Arvis has offered some constructive suggestions which I agree might improve the quality of the story, but don't require redoing or tearing down anything you've already done. It's your call as quester whether you want to include these or not. As you were folks.

P.s i will try and give this an in-game run through for functionality later. seems like why's going to be doing that too.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Oh, I should have thought about the Morrowind clusterfuck with onActivate clauses on books. There is some stuff in MSFD about it, although I remember having troubles understanding it (and I do understand most of MSFD...).

Thanks for looking into this, BC. I am now confident that the competition quest would be perfect if we would just give Nisirel some additional dialogue to tell the player that the Kwama eggs are bullshit and that Ervul just owes her money. (As I said, I have no damn clue why this was replaced by the illogical competition idea in the first place!) All the stuff I proposed in my post above (with Berkan etc.) is not necessary (unless somebody volunteers to write all the dialogue). Also, I won't be crying if things are kept as they are, but I would have expected better from a project that aspires to be an improvement over Morrowind (and actually is so in most aspects).

As for the dwemer smuggling quest, this is again mostly a matter of changing dialogue if you decide to change it to avoid the trope.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

I totally failed to see TG's post before BC's one. Sorry. Answering to it now.
The Greatness wrote:
arvisrend wrote:I don't understand why TheGreatness changed "Ervul owes Nisirel a lot of money" to "Ervul fears Nisirel's competition" as the reason why Ervul is after her.
Because getting her arresting or fined wouldn't mean he doesn't have to pay her money, but it does mean her shop won't be able to compete with his. I still don't really see the problem with this, as it seems perfectly logical to me for them to be in competition, even if they don't sell excatly the same things.
The problem is that Kwama eggs cannot be the backbone of an enchanter's business. Even an alchemist probably won't be selling Kwama eggs for a living.

You're making a good point that the debt won't magically disappear by having Nisirel arrested. We could look for a different resolution, though, because Ervul's dialogue about competition just sounds way too much like a bad excuse he is thinking out ad libitum in order to avoid telling the real reasons.
Maybe it's just Ervul who is lovelorn. But this is rather lame, agreedly.
The Greatness wrote:Because if the guard then searched Aarlen's house he would find evidence of smuggling and arrest him/her. It couldn't possibly be the players smuggled coherer because why would a smuggler walk up to a guard and show him what they have smuggled?
Good one; could be reflected in dialogue, though.
And I still believe that the house should be guarded after Aarlen is arrested.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I've playtested the Blades quests and glanced them over in the CS and I think that they're pretty good apart from some minor points like accessibility of dialogue options and the potency of the Amulet of Shadows you receive as reward for the first quest. I'll be posting a file with some small fixes for those issues tomorrow, along with a review and fixes for the other quests should any fixes or alterations be needed.

I'm pretty happy about how the blades quests turned out. Good job to both Greatness and MSam.
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

arvisrend wrote:The problem is that Kwama eggs cannot be the backbone of an enchanter's business. Even an alchemist probably won't be selling Kwama eggs for a living.

You're making a good point that the debt won't magically disappear by having Nisirel arrested. We could look for a different resolution, though, because Ervul's dialogue about competition just sounds way too much like a bad excuse he is thinking out ad libitum in order to avoid telling the real reasons.
Maybe it's just Ervul who is lovelorn. But this is rather lame, agreedly.
Kwama eggs? Is this something new that MSam added? It sounds like the dialogue needs to be improved to me, not the plot. If you read my original plan there is nothing about kwama eggs.
arvisrend wrote:Good one; could be reflected in dialogue, though.
And I still believe that the house should be guarded after Aarlen is arrested.
Good idea. That does sound like a big problem with the quest.

MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

Hi all,

Thanks for you all leaving some thoughts and ideas. I'm going to wait until Why posts his updated ESP, then I will re-configure the Complicated Competition quest (implementing many of your suggestions, arvisrend).
It sounds like the dialogue needs to be improved to me, not the plot
No, the original plot is fundamentally flawed because enchanters and alchemists are never in direct competition - because they don't offer the same services. The 'kwama eggs' are just a subplot of a total 5 lines to try and justify why they were in 'competition'. It seems very silly and weak, but at least I tried to justify why the enchanter is being so neurotic. I'm annoyed everyone is so annoyed (:P)at this, because I asked everyone in February what to do but no-one replied...
"Thank you to the Makers of Rules. To the Breakers of Backs. To the sincere Autocrats. To the false Democrats. To the Builders of Walls. To the Painters of Lines. To those who Tattoo Numbers. To those who point fingers. To those who count their greed. To those who split by colour. To those who smile their lies.

Thank you so very much."
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

MSam wrote:
It sounds like the dialogue needs to be improved to me, not the plot
No, the original plot is fundamentally flawed because enchanters and alchemists are never in direct competition - because they don't offer the same services. The 'kwama eggs' are just a subplot of a total 5 lines to try and justify why they were in 'competition'. It seems very silly and weak, but at least I tried to justify why the enchanter is being so neurotic. I'm annoyed everyone is so annoyed (:P)at this, because I asked everyone in February what to do but no-one replied...
They don't need to sell excatly the same thing to be in competition. They're both selling magical items for adventurers, and adventurers only have a finite amount of money. They're shops are also very close together. I also think 'fundamentally flawed' is a gross exaguration. Even if you want to claim they won't be in direct competiton the point is a minor one and only made worse by trying to cover it up with some stuff about kwama eggs.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Guys, things really don't need to be this accusatory.

Sam, as I said, you are the claimant, it is your prerogative as to which tweaks to include or not. I agree with most of what arvis has said.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

Sure, I'll tweak a lot of stuff when/if Why uploads a suggested update. Otherwise I'll start work on it by Wednesday and another reviewer can take another look.

I'm not keen on the Dwemer Dealings showmemoreevidence area, but I will put a guard in there. But there is a guard there at one of the endings? When you turn him into the guard captain I think.
Even if you want to claim they won't be in direct competiton the point is a minor one and only made worse by trying to cover it up with some stuff about kwama eggs.
If they're not in direct competition...why did we make a quest about it...

Thank you so very much."
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Sorry for being late. Not posting a file because it's probably easier if you fix things rather than working from a file you don't know exactly what was changed in.

Your file isn't clean, remember to clean out dialog entries directly adjacent to ones you add. The Greetings topics in particular need a good cleaning. Also it seems that many cells have been altered in some way, sometimes (as far as I can see at least) completely unnecessarily. In the Rookery for instance, almost all books are flagged as having been touched, yet none of them are in a different place. Please try to keep quest claims as clean as possible, or it'll result in a horrible mess upon merging. (I've heard MMMSkwoz say that, in fact, no cells should ever be altered, and quest items and NPCs should only be placed by the merger upon merging, but I'm not exactly sure about that - consult Haplo or BC about this.)

I see someone's been creating duplicate NPCs, this is not horrible per se but I'd very much prefer if you just moved the existing NPCs via script.

There are a few spelling issues in your file (I feel bad for calling people out because of spelling and grammar since I'm not a star at it either but someone has to do it, I guess), in the journal you forgot an e in jeweler and I think that generally, ... is followed by a space, as in word... word rather than word...word.

The requirements for starting the first Blades quest are way too steep. Either drop the disposition requirement entirely or bump it down severely, requiring faction membership and a disp. of 100 will result in virtually nobody ever finding the quest. Other than that, I like these quests, good job to both of you. Especially like the approach you took at the book-distance script, that was very nice and straightforward. Oh, I think the amulet of shadows you receive at the end of the first quest is quite a bit overpowered by the way, but that should be an easy fix. And do set the filters for the names of the people you need to deliver the messages to to PC faction Blades rather than the journal, because now they aren't available the first time you talk about important messages and they come up.

The complicated competition quest. I'm sorry to say this, but I don't think the Kwama eggs make any sense. I agree somewhat with the people saying that these NPCs don't have much to do with the Kwama egg trade, but a bigger concern is that the local Kwama eggmine is, in fact, not operational. It has flooded and the Queen is dead. To remedy this, I think it's best if the Kwama egg references are removed - direct competition over alchemical formula between Drithnil and Nisirel works just fine. Also I suggest replacing Ervul with Cyertil, who is quite obviously in direct competition with both Drithnil and Nisirel (and it adds a bit of Imperial vs Telvanni in this questline too, which, imho, is a good thing). Either that, or just have Ervul have a grudge against Nisirel because her excellent potions make his enchantments obsolete, because enchanting is a pricey business and thus most people favor the cheaper alternative offered by Nisirel and Drithnil.

Dwemer Dealings is nice. I'd agree that making Jorval say they'll search the houses rather than arresting the smugglers straight away is the best idea here, but that's an easy dialog tweak. And I agree that the shop should be guarded afterwards, there's way too many valuables inside. Other than that, I like this quest a lot (especially the fact that there's no real reward after you turn them in, it emphasizes the fact that the militia doesn't have a lot of resources to back them up.)

A Learned Reader is elegant in its simplicity. I love it. Keep up the good work.

I hope this was helpful. :)

EDIT: Bah, I reviewed the wrong file. Let's see what changed from _4 on March 20 to _2 on March 25. I'll update this post when I'm done.

EDITEDIT: I like the fact that you cleaned out the Rookery. Most other things in my review above still apply I think. Sorry if I missed anything, I went about it rather quickly. Anyway, you should be able to tell if any of the issues mentioned above are still relevant or not yourself, being the claimant and all :D

Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention, rather than writing a whole new script for the jeweler guy just to check how many messages have been delivered, it's easier to just use the control or controlQ variables which are already available in the TR_mX_NPC scripts. Not an error, but useful for next time.
MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

Hey,

Thanks for the write up - first off, does anyone have a link to that magical program that exports your dialogue so I can spell check it?

-The cells are dirty because I put the new NPCs in, but I can just use the PositionCell function now. I didn't know that the other function (moveNPC?) can destroy your game, and that was the only one I knew about before. :P

-I'm not sure about ellipsis, I've always written 'them...like' this, but some sources 'suggest ... this', but when I source academic material I use (. . .). I think... looks stupid, but I think it's preference, so what's the TR standard? :P

-Requirements for the blades, done and done.

-Kwama eggs and Ervul are out. (Y)

-With the Dwemer dealings quest, to make Aarelen and the guard to appear/disappear I can use the daypass script I think?

I will get these in as soon as possible, along with the other suggestions. Thanks very much. :)

Thank you so very much."
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Here's how ellipses should be used:

When you use them to trail off sentences, they should not have any spaces between the last word or themselves...

...however, if you begin a phrase with them, just take that rule and apply it to the beginning of the sentence.

Don't add a period after an ellipsis if your ellipsis is ending a sentence, and don't capitalize the first word in a phrase beginning with an ellipsis.

If you are cutting out bits of what someone said, use [...] (brackets, no spaces).

And if you use an ellipsis in the middle of a sentence... always leave a space after the ellipsis!
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

MSam wrote:Thanks for the write up - first off, does anyone have a link to that magical program that exports your dialogue so I can spell check it?
File->Export data->Dialogue->New Dialogue ;)
MSam wrote:-The cells are dirty because I put the new NPCs in, but I can just use the PositionCell function now. I didn't know that the other function (moveNPC?) can destroy your game, and that was the only one I knew about before. :P
PositionCell should work, I think.
MSam wrote:-With the Dwemer dealings quest, to make Aarelen and the guard to appear/disappear I can use the daypass script I think?
Uhh. No idea, tbh. Personally I'd simply move Aarelen to jail, enable a guard in his house, and lock his door, as soon as Jorval accepts your evidence and says he'll send people to search his house. The player can then deduce they found evidence and locked the guy up as soon as they find the door all locked and the store closed and stuff. No real need to wait a day or anything, imho.
MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

Personally I'd simply move Aarelen to jail
The quest design says they arrest Mirabelle and imply that Aarelen 'got away'. I think for a future quest?

Haplo...I've been using ellipses wrong all my life! D:

Thank you so very much."
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Oh, that's cool too, wasn't aware of that. Go for it :D
MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

Sorry this is taking way longer than I expected. Can I get this moved back into the WIP section please? Have written new dialogue and I'll have a lot of time next week to work on it.

Thank you so very much."
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Sure thing. It's back in Claimed for you :-)
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

...shit, where did all the posts go?

ETA: Nevermind, Why explained.

Thank you so very much."
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Claim dropped by modder request.
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

What still needs to be done with this? Is it just fixing the problems listed in Why's review (which I can only see when posting a reply annoyingly)? It doesn't look like Quest 9's been done either; I assume it got lost somewhere along the way. Do we still want that done?

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I would imagine it's just fixing the review problems, yes.

If quest 9 is your one from page 2, don't include that as on recollection we have basically that exact same quest on Map 1.

Anyway, it seems like at least some parts of the conversation regarding this claim have been happening on IRC, so maybe ask with the guys there when you get the chance.

Do you want to claim this?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Quest 9 was my one from page 2.

I don't want to claim this right now, I have exams coming up soon and my computer was recently fried, but I'm hoping to get back to TR as soon as possible. When I do I'll probably try and fix up a few things like this and IP's NPC claim (if know one else has done it by then) and then maybe get back to A6.

MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

Back again. I've worked on this a few days, and I can claim it now saying I just need to fix up the one quest. I've done what Why said in his review, though it's difficult to read in that small window. :P
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I'm all for map 2 questing progress, but would you perhaps be interested on working on [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=17471&start=240]this claim?[/url] It is several hundred times more important right now and I would love you forever. (Massey has the claim, but as she says, she will give it up to anyone willing and able to work on it)

If not then that is fine. The important part of modding is doing what you love. This said, I'd love to get SE out ASAP.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

I've finished it, I just it to be quickly reviewed. The script where you read the diary then Cyertil pops up still crashes on my PC, any input would be très excellent.

As soon as it's done I'll try to learn how to do NPCing.
Attachments
TR_q2-8-Mis_MSam_4.esp
New.
(82.81 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

Thank you so very much."
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Submitting to Review. BC?
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Global script TR_m2_q_8_aarelengoodbye should have stopscript somewhere. Also, the very last "endif" is redundant (read as: wrong, if Morrowind's syntax parser wasn't that much forgiving).
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Will give it a run through when I get the chance, not soon though as I won't have a proper evening free for still another month or so.

Arvis, if that's an actual Global script (i.e. one added to the 'global scripts' list) then it will need to be changed to a StartScript.

If anyone else wants to help, anyone with a playable copy of Morrowind could just play-test these quests, and check for functionality and typos etc, the obvious things.

That would mean when I do my review I can just be looking at fixing errors and scripting protocol etc.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

BC, it already had a startscript. I was talking about stopscript, lest it would run for an eternity. Anyway, forget this script; MSam has already fixed it.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

yeh, like i said, wasn't sure if you were talking about an actual 'Global Script' (as in one that has been added to the list of constantly running Global Scripts, of which there are only 1/2 in the original game), or a StartScript. StartScripts (with StopScripts) are fine.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Some typos this time.

6/9/2011 (22:26) TR_Mainland.esm 4/4/2011 (16:43) skraeling ex_nord_door_01 Helnim (25,1) 209496 11411 789 "quest tr_m2_he_blades1 stage 10 typo 'jewler'"

6/9/2011 (22:28) TR_Mainland.esm 4/4/2011 (16:43) skraeling TR_m2_Dremil Seniran00000000 Helnim, Dremil Seniran: Jeweler 4278 4663 15298 "diagloue 'Areanne Vara' typo 'fiesty'"

6/9/2011 (22:28) TR_Mainland.esm 4/4/2011 (16:43) skraeling TR_m2_Dremil Seniran00000000 Helnim, Dremil Seniran: Jeweler 4278 4663 15298 "dialogue 'Ramin Maderan' typo 'exiting'"

6/9/2011 (22:29) TR_Mainland.esm 4/4/2011 (16:43) skraeling TR_m2_Dremil Seniran00000000 Helnim, Dremil Seniran: Jeweler 4278 4663 15298 "dialogue 'important messages' typo 'if you need me too' (the 'too' should be a 'to')"

6/9/2011 (22:47) TR_Mainland.esm 4/4/2011 (16:43) skraeling TR_m2_Finds-Men00000000 Helnim, Helnim Hall: East Empire Company Headquarters 11220 3383 12418 "dialogue 'good book' typo 'slection'"

6/9/2011 (22:48) TR_Mainland.esm 4/4/2011 (16:43) skraeling TR_m2_Finds-Men00000000 Helnim, Helnim Hall: East Empire Company Headquarters 11220 3383 12418 "dialogue 'good book' POSSIBLE typo 'listen' (should be 'listened' but might be nonstandard grammar)"

6/9/2011 (22:48) TR_Mainland.esm 4/4/2011 (16:43) skraeling TR_m2_Finds-Men00000000 Helnim, Helnim Hall: East Empire Company Headquarters 11220 3383 12418 "dialogue 'good book' typo 'occasionaly'"

Also, I am not sure whether a ring of the windwalker (levitate 50 pts for 10 sec + invi 10 sec on cast) is really an appropriate reward for two quests which consist basically of running around a town and talking to people and being a Blade. Or have I missed some conditions?

All fixed - arvisrend, 30 May 2012
Last edited by arvisrend on Tue May 29, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

I love the way all the typos are in the quests I made :) .