q2-8-Mis

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

arvisrend wrote:Some typos this time.
Also, I am not sure whether a ring of the windwalker (levitate 50 pts for 10 sec + invi 10 sec on cast) is really an appropriate reward for two quests which consist basically of running around a town and talking to people and being a Blade. Or have I missed some conditions?
What would you suggest as a more appropriate reward? Or, what do you think is inappropriate about the ring of the windwalker?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

Hullo, sorry about the delayed reply.

I'd say it'd be easier for you to just fix up the typos since you find them as you go along, but I've gone ahead and fixed them since I've added a new enchantment to the ring (it's now paralyse and shock on target, 2 to 10 points for 10 seconds. Huzzah!). I agree now I think about it that the Windwalker ring is too uber powerful (like the original scroll!).

Keep 'em coming - once you've been through the whole file I'll upload a new one that hopefully fixes the rest of the issues.
"Thank you to the Makers of Rules. To the Breakers of Backs. To the sincere Autocrats. To the false Democrats. To the Builders of Walls. To the Painters of Lines. To those who Tattoo Numbers. To those who point fingers. To those who count their greed. To those who split by colour. To those who smile their lies.

Thank you so very much."
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

MSam: whether you fixed the balancing problem depends on how many charges this paralyze/shock ring has. If it has more than 5 or so, I'd say it is still too uber.

But don't just listen to me; I'm surely not the only one here who cares about balancing.

@Haplo: the problem is that, as far as I remember (no TESCS on this computer...), one can do these two quests on level 1, after giving Caius Cosades the message. And get an item that makes all level 1-10 monsters an instakill. Or is there a rank requirement for the quests?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Seems like the ring should be nuked a little bit to be a ring of lesser windwalker that only allows levitate 10 points for 10 seconds, and invisibility for 5. Is it a custom ring, or a vanilla one?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

One thought I had when I was making the blade quests was to make the reward some clothing as a nod to Caius Cosades' leaving gift. Maybe some gloves of pickpocketing, or shoes of sneaking? Something bladey like that perhaps? Just a suggestion as that was what I was thinking of when I made the quest.
Warning: may contain large amounts of sarcasm.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

So we've got posts from June 2011 speaking of typos getting fixed, but the last uploaded file is from Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:27 am. Anyone to shed light on this?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Presumably typos were not fixed. I'm not entirely sure I remember giving this bunch a final review myself.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

Just download my last file and change the balancing (and the other set of Helnim quests) to whatever you like. If you find any errors like dialogue and scripting that you are capable of handling, just fix them - isn't that what a reviewer is supposed to do?
"Thank you to the Makers of Rules. To the Breakers of Backs. To the sincere Autocrats. To the false Democrats. To the Builders of Walls. To the Painters of Lines. To those who Tattoo Numbers. To those who point fingers. To those who count their greed. To those who split by colour. To those who smile their lies.

Thank you so very much."
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I'll take care of it, no worries.
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Here is the clean version of this file, ready to be merged. You may want to check it to make sure everything is right, but everything should be okay.

I'm posting each clean quest claim in their respective thread. I also wrote down everything in their respective .txts files that went with each one.

Enjoy
Attachments
TR_q2-8-Mis_MSam_4.rar
(23.95 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Quest has been merged into TR_Mainland and has been released with Sacred East.