Writing Request/Review Thread for Claims

Place where in-game literature is written and developed.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

@ Chin Music:
Are you actually able to see the Quests:Design section of the forum? Because all the question you're asking can be easily answered there.

But anyway,
this particular sect is simply named "Cult of Molag Bal" atm. The general idea is to create a faction for every Daedric Prince in the Dunmeri Pantheon. That means Dagon, Bal, Mephala, Boethiah, Malacath, Sheogorath and Azura(?).

And yes, this particular Cult of Molag Bal is separate from all others, no affilitations.

I could PM you the questline were making for Molag Bal, if you aren't able to see the Quests:Design section. The questline is almost finished but could still use some extra ideas as far as I'm concerned.

@ Hemitheon:
I like what you've done with the codex, keep in mind that this is basically the 'bible' of the cultists, everyone has one on them. So whatever Heceril the Lore/Ritual guy will be saying, will have to be in tandem with the codex.

Critical notes:
- There are no Invokers in the cult.
- The part of slavemanship has not yet been decided.
- The reference to covens is bad, but Bloodthirsty already pointed that out.
Chin Music
Developer

Post by Chin Music »

I can see the Design forum. Just didn't make that mental connection.

(P.S. I checked out the interior claim and I like what you did with my book, Hemitheon.)
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Ok, now I need more fillers. Basically I need around 15-20 documents dating from the First Era. I'm mainly looking for military orders or letters from soldiers during Reman's invasion. House Indoril correspondences. Maybe a letter written by Almalexia. A couple of things signed by Brundisi Dorom or Triffith Sandil. Maybe one document at most which deals with the Battle at Red Mountain, but indirectly as memoirs or a letter to someone else or even as a sidenote in a will. Nothing long. Just a paragraph or so or whatever. Remember that these papers will be over 3000 years old, so they wont be in good condition.
Adanorcil
Developer Emeritus

Post by Adanorcil »

Hemitheon wrote:Ok, now I need more fillers. Basically I need around 15-20 documents dating from the First Era. I'm mainly looking for military orders or letters from soldiers during Reman's invasion. House Indoril correspondences. Maybe a letter written by Almalexia. A couple of things signed by Brundisi Dorom or Triffith Sandil. Maybe one document at most which deals with the Battle at Red Mountain, but indirectly as memoirs or a letter to someone else or even as a sidenote in a will. Nothing long. Just a paragraph or so or whatever. Remember that these papers will be over 3000 years old, so they wont be in good condition.
I'd like to comment that documents from the First Era, being a) scarce and b) over 3000 years old as you have stated, cannot seriously be concerned with trivial, anachronistic matters such as personal letters or military orders. The First Era is an age of mythic characters and stories. The Battle of Red Mountain is basically set in Tamriel's prehistory. There are no personal memoirs or wills from that time, only sources such as the Shalk-Tablets of Olaan-Sul.

Similarly, Almalexia is a goddess. She doesn't need to write letters.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Fine. If it makes you feel better, Second Era. Any First Era material could be transcriptions of tablets or other texts which have long since deteriorated. The First Era may have been mythic, but that does not detract from the mortal side of its history, meaning daily humdrum activities, taxes, wills, etc. Also, the majority of these are coming from the year 2920, meaning they are around 1200 years old. That's not old in comparison to earth texts.

These are what I want:

Last Will of General Velo Teran - early second era
General who fought at Ald Marak

from Triffith Sandil - middle first era
Regarding Tay's Rebellion

Letter Addressed to General Olms - middle first era
A summons from Almalexia(prior to apotheosis)

Report concerning La'atha Urlai - middle first era
Stronghold along northern map3 that vanished. See
Gospel of St. Delyn

Brittle Note - late first era
you choose

Regarding Sixth House Holdings - late first era
decision regarding Dagoth assets (destroy or bury)

Testimonal of an Imperial - early second era
captured imperial talks about Reman's Invasion

Brittle Note - late first era
you choose

Crumbling Parchment - middle first era
you choose

Dusty Scroll - late first era
you choose

Decaying Torn Page - early first era
you choose

Ancient Encoded Message - late first era
you choose

from Indoril Brindisi Dorom - late first era
you choose

Note from Narthas Drath - early second era
you choose
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Hemitheon wrote:The First Era may have been mythic, but that does not detract from the mortal side of its history, meaning daily humdrum activities, taxes, wills, etc.
Actually, it does. All that boring stuff does no longer exist because it has been forgotten.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Then give me suggestions for what to fill custom shelving with in an Indoril archive? And for the love of Almsivi, don't say books. No one wants another Telvanni Library in Map3.

Or how bout you give me whatever the heck you want from whatever era you want as long as its a minimum of 300 years old [Mind you I never get crap from this thread. I request for the sake of requesting.].

Or... how about I make all of these scrolls and notes statics? like in the Imperial Library in Cyrodiil?
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

what about just making them fillers? naming it "brittle note" and including some text like "[This old, dusty note seems to crumble in your hands. You can barely make out faded passages written in a forgotten tongue.]" as few special ones (perhaps relating to things that will be important in the map, such as cities and ruins) can have text, but most can have a brief description of their content. this would also allow you to reuse them multiple times.

on a related note, many of the ancient texts (like Egypt and Mesopotamia era) are in fact mundane correspondences and lists of taxes, etc. although i dont really see why stuff like that would be of interest to a archive.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Lady Nerevar wrote:on a related note, many of the ancient texts (like Egypt and Mesopotamia era) are in fact mundane correspondences and lists of taxes, etc. although i dont really see why stuff like that would be of interest to a archive.
Yeah, and if aliens have a SETI project the message they'd be the most likely to catch from Earth would be an ad for Pampers diapers. I know. But that's Earth. Earth isn't a world dreamed by a mad god and threatened by the sixteen Princes of Forgetfulness.

Oh, and that's the key:
"[The pages in this very old book are practically blank. The ink has almost entirely faded, and the few remaining visible scribbles are in an archaic handwriting that is complely illegible.]"

This way, it can be as boring as you dream it to be!
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

sheesh gez, i wasnt saying that this stuff should go in, just that it does exist. :baby:
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

I need a letter written for [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19563&start=0]q1-76-Tel[/url] and I couldn't write a letter like this to save my life.
The advisor doesn't know the location, but he advises you to talk to the caretaker because he knows a little about the flora of the telvanni isles. The caretaker of Tel Oren recently recieved a letter for Faruna from Rrathra that he hasnt given yet. If the player agrees to give it to Faruna they can read the letter off course and hidden in the text is the location of the plant. Logically, you’ll have to find the northest piece of land in the Telvanni archiple and there you have to find it. The northest piece of land is in fact an island north of Bahrammu. It also says that you need to be very careful for frost damage, since it’s a very cold plant.
It doesn't need to be promptly done, since i still have alot to finish beforehand. But it'd be nice to get it finished up, so if someone could write that then that would be awesome.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Interior Reviews: 168
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Shouldn't be to hard for someone like Gez, BC, Haplo, or TF to write, since they all know the land far better than I do. :)
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

TF wanted me to post this here.

<DIV ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT COLOR="640F0F" SIZE="4" FACE="Magic Cards"><BR>
Thus speaks Riddle'thar through the lips of Rid-Thar-ri'Dhan<BR>
<BR>
"Since the time of Dunmereth my people have been enslaved, beaten, raped, tortured, mutilated, and murdered; yet, the blind Dunmer cannot see their own savagery and cannot understand the flight from plantation and city alike. We come together here, you and I, not as outlaws, not as slaves, but as fugitives to peace and freedom. <BR>
<BR>
Distant are the lands of Anequina and Pellitine. Our homelands are three hundred miles away, yet here they are co-mingled within our blood. Here within this place which once housed slave markets and the offspring of rape and torment, we stand united, prepared for our final journey westward to Llesw'er, to the paradise I have promised unto you. <BR>
<BR>
Be not worrisome. Do not let fall your courage and will, for the path to Llesw'er is tortuous and many will fall along the road. The Cyrod's mountains and the Argon Jungles are treacherous. For those who must fall, let them fall. They are immortal within our veins. <BR>
<BR>
Gather your possessions, sons and daughters. Make ready. Upon the alignment of Jone and Jode we shall offer the blood of a Dunmer unto Khenarthi that she may quicken our journey unto the reborn Mane for his mercy. We will not run like frightened Argonians. We will not hide like the Dunmer. We will walk together, hand in hand, towards the western horizon, towards our race's destiny.<BR>
<BR>
Though I cannot go with you, I will guide you from beyond the spirit plane, from beyond the Lunar Lattice. We shall be together again in Llesw'er."<BR>
<BR>
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Corrected.

Out of curiosity, where does this go?
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

a dome where Khajiit escaped slaves hide out.
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

It's epic, and I like it. Good to see you back, Hemi. :D
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Hey there :), I need two books for an Interior Claim in Narsis.

The first book is basically just a open book on a lecturn near the door saying this is a list of patrions, etc. This book could probably be used in any other generic classy-like restaurant.

Code: Select all

<DIV ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT COLOR="000000" SIZE="3" FACE="Magic Cards"><BR>
Book of Reservations<BR><BR>
<DIV ALIGN="LEFT"><BR><BR>
[This book contains a list of patrons that have reservations for the restaurant.]<BR>
<BR>
Text_octavo_open_03.nif

I'm thinking of also having a modified version of the above book with actual names in it for a quest later on, but since the interior is in Narsis, it can wait a few years :P

The second book I need; I'm making a classy restaurant so I'd like to have a reciepe book in the kitchen. Im sure some already exists but Idk where. But the contents does need to be familiar with TR Added Ingredients. I have a few examples I'll upload to this post later.
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Your first book can be a gathered list of names from the town or be just fine like it is.

I believe someone with great knowledge of ingredients was just promoted for writing. I'll try and get him in here.
Merlinus
Developer

Post by Merlinus »

RelinQ wrote:
The second book I need; I'm making a classy restaurant so I'd like to have a reciepe book in the kitchen. Im sure some already exists but Idk where. But the contents does need to be familiar with TR Added Ingredients. I have a few examples I'll upload to this post later.
Hey RelinQ, I can definitely help you with that. Send me the the info you think I need in a PM and we'll work from there. I am just finishing a few misc. documents for someone else in the project and then I can get started!
Merlinus the Alchemist
Master Alchemist
Kiteflyer61
Developer

Post by Kiteflyer61 »

These are scrolls I would like to make for an interior I'm working on ( i6-105-hla ) called the Imperial Society of Investors.
Any feedback or critique is welcome. They are just generic shelf filler material that doesn't currently exist. They will be worthless to the player (value of 1). NPCers could easily hide quest related scrolls in with these if they want to. Merlinus is working on maybe sprucing theses up so if you like his better I'll use those instead.

New scrolls for The Imperial Society of Investors:

ID: TR_m6_sc_ISofI_1_i6_105
Name: Land Deed
Text: This scroll contains a record of land deeds used as collateral for a loan.<BR>

ID: TR_m6_sc_ISofI_2_i6_105
Name: Loan Amortization
Text: This scroll contains a schedule of payments and balances for a loan.<BR>

ID: TR_m6_sc_ISofI_3_i6_105
Name: Balance Statement
Text: This scroll contains a balance sheet for money on loan to the society.<BR>

ID: TR_m6_sc_ISofI_4_i6_105
Name: Payment Ledger
Text: This scroll contains a record of payments on an account.<BR>

ID: TR_m6_sc_ISofI_5_i6_105
Name: Payment Request
Text: This parchment is a request for payment of an overdue loan.<BR>

Scrolls 1-4 use standard scroll meshes and textures. Scroll 5 uses the standard parchment mesh and texture.

All 5 use the standard font and color for the text.

Code: Select all

<DIV ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT COLOR="000000" SIZE="3" FACE="Magic Cards"><BR>
<DIV ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT COLOR="000000">
IF these are alright just give me the thumbs up. Thanks. :)

Merlinus

If these pass muster you can go ahead and work on RelinQ's book. :)
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt!
"Tis easy enough to be pleasant,
when life flows along like a song;
but the person worth while
is the one who will smile
when everything goes dead wrong."
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

The text shouldn't have the "Text:" in it and should be in square brackets "[]." Other than that, it's okay for filler.
Kiteflyer61
Developer

Post by Kiteflyer61 »

Thanks Nanu,
Didn't intend to use the Text: part. I'll add the brackets. :)
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt!
"Tis easy enough to be pleasant,
when life flows along like a song;
but the person worth while
is the one who will smile
when everything goes dead wrong."
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Merlinus wrote:Hey RelinQ, I can definitely help you with that. Send me the the info you think I need in a PM and we'll work from there. I am just finishing a few misc. documents for someone else in the project and then I can get started!
Awesomeness, I'll start making up some combinations for you based of whats been plated in the interior :)
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Can someone check this:

<DIV ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT COLOR="000000" SIZE="3" FACE="Magic Cards"><BR>
To The Right Honorable Count of Cheydinhal,<BR>
<BR>
I do hope this letters finds you in good health, Your Excellency. I am writing you today to continue discussing your donation pledge for the establishment of an orphanage at Kragenmoor. If you may recall during my visit to County Cheydinhal last summer, I did inform you of the vast number of either homeless and abandoned children living in city alleys or sewers. My own sister tells me that in Kragenmoor the children have formed gangs or coteries whose sole aim is violence and crime. A dear friend in Almalexia tells me that children are being taken by certain crime syndicates such as the Morag Tong, Camonna Tong, and the Dark Brotherhood. Though I am aware of your stance concerning one of these organizations, you must understand the difference between a consenting adult and a consenting child. These children are far too young to enter such a mature, often cruel world.<BR>
<BR>
Last summer, we discussed your donation pledge of twenty five thousand drakes. The orphanage committee has discussed the matter and would like to ask your permission in naming the orphanage 'The Indarys Youth Home.' With your donation, hundreds of children will be protected from a life of crime. The streets of every Hlaalu city will be emptied of the starving, the homeless, the unloved.<BR>
<BR>
Concerning possible methods of payment, I have opened a second account with the Bank of Tamriel under the name 'HHFBCL': House Hlaalu For the Betterment of Children's Lives. Thank you once again for your kindness and mercy. Your gift will not go unnoticed.<BR>
<BR>
Signed,<BR>
<BR>
Salidas Marvos<BR>
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

Made a generic document to fill shelves with in the Narsis Council Hall and Records. They aren't worth much and I just used this generic message:

<DIV ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT COLOR="000000" SIZE="3" FACE="Magic Cards"><BR>
[This parchment consists of records and contracts thouroughly documented by House Hlaalu scribes.]<BR>
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

This text is for i2-410-Ind:
It consists of 4 notes.

N1:
Those plants and rocks can be found at the Argon Jungle.
N2:
The armor set belonged once to a Dres warrior slain in the most northern part of Argonia during the Arnesian war. This set and the urn left of the table has been put on the table to commemorate the fallen Dres warriors. House Dres toke the lead against the war against the Argonians, after the dead of Saint Roris.
The weapons lying here on the table were not used during the war, but their kind are the main Dunmer weapons. Guards use the silver long swords to preserve order and peace. Silver weapons can even harm spirits and deadra and are lethal against were creatures. Some Dres nobles wear daggers. Daggers are the most popular weapons among thieves, nightblades and rogues because of their weight. Staves are being used by wizards, mages, monks and priests. Staves are not powerful, besides the fact they’re two-handed, but some of them hold enchantments.
N3:
This table demonstrates the use of the Argonians. Argonians are not much better then guars, they are savage beasts too. Argonians live in huts near swamps, while they can live in shacks near their dunmer masters. Their Dunmer masters give them food, water, clothes and an occupation.
The pants symbolizes the fact that Argonians receive clothes from their masters and are well treated beasts. The slaves bracers don’t allow the slaves to use escape magic or use other magic. The bracers drains all the magicka of the slaves, as especially some Argonians know to use magic. The basket with food resembles the harvest on the fields of our farms and plantations.

N4: The skulls lying on the left table are the skulls of some slain Argonians during the Arnesia war.
The robe on the right table is a robe which look like the robe of Saint Roris. The location of the robe of Saint Roris is unknown. Saint Roris was killed by a golden dagger from an Argonian sorcerer after Saint Roris refused to renounce the Tribunal faith during the tortures of the Argonians. This golden dagger will remember us to always believe in the Almsivi and pray to Them during hard times.
N5: The armor pieces on the this table belonged to an Indoril warrior who fell during the Arnesian War. The Indoril were the allies of House Dres during the Arnesian war, but also fought during the war with the Empire, Nords and Dwemer at the first era. There is also a cuirass created with the Hist tree components and once worn. The Hist trees are one of Argonia’s trademarks and are connected with Argonians. Argonian children receive their names after licking at the Hist trees, unlike the Dunmer culture where a Dunmer baby receives his name after his or her birth. The hist sap causes hallucinations and is to be avoided.
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

N1:
Those plants and rocks can be found at the Argon Jungle.
This doesn't make sense out of context, but it is grammatically correct, although I'd say "These" instead of "Those."

I just corrected the rest of them.

N2:
The armor set belonged once to a Dres warrior slain in the most northern part of Argonia during the Arnesian War. This set and the urn to the left of the table has been put on the table to commemorate the fallen Dres warriors. House Dres took lead of the war against the Argonians after the death of Saint Roris.

The weapons lying here on the table were not used during the war, but their kind are some of the main types of Dunmer weapons. Guards use the silver longsword to keep order and peace. Silver weapons can harm spirits and daedra and are lethal against were-creatures. Some Dres nobles wear daggers, which are the most popular weapons among thieves, nightblades, and rogues due of their weight. Staves are used by wizards, mages, monks, and priests. Staves are not powerful, but some of the better ones hold powerful enchantments.

N3:
This table demonstrates the Dres use of the Argonians. Argonians are not much better than guar, being the savage beasts that they are. Argonians live in huts near swamps, while they can live in shacks near their Dunmer masters. Their masters so graciously give the foul beasts food, water, clothes, and an occupation.

The pants symbolize the fact that Argonians receive clothes from their masters and are well-treated beasts. The slave's bracers don’t allow the slaves to use magic to escape their rightful place. The basket with food resembles the harvest on the fields of our farms and plantations.

N4: The skulls lying on the left table are the skulls of some slain Argonians during the Arnesian War.

The robe on the right table is a replica of the Robe of Saint Roris. The location of the actual robe. Saint Roris was cowardly killed by a golden dagger of a foolish Argonian sorcerer for not renouncing the Tribunal faith under duress of torture by the Argonians. This golden dagger should serve to remind us to never forget our triumvirate benefactors.

N5: The armor on the this table belonged to an Indoril warrior who fell during the Arnesian War. There is also a cuirass created with the bark of a living Hist. The Hist trees are one of Argonia's trademarks and are connected with Argonians. Argonian children receive their names after licking at the Hist trees, unlike the Dunmer culture where a Dunmer baby receives his name after his or her birth. The Hist sap causes hallucinations and is to be avoided.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Personally I think these notes sound a little 'superfluous'? I'd have thought the exhibits would look better on their own, without explanations about in general what swords and Argonians are for etc. :P That, or come up with specific Arnesian War stories for the relevant items. (e.g. name the guard and expand on the battle, rather than telling us who Dres are etc.)

Also Nanu, surely "in" not "at"?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

I suppose this isn't the time or place to mention that i've written museum text for a living
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:Also Nanu, surely "in" not "at"?
Right, it looks a bit more obvious in size 22 quoted font. :p
gro-Dhal wrote:I suppose this isn't the time or place to mention that i've written museum text for a living
I suppose it is. If you have any comment, I'd love to hear it. :)
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Hey Nanu,

A while I ago I put a request in for a book or two, um.. I think Merlinus left or.. something because he hasnt been online in months.
Anyway I've pretty much written most of the two books, so should I just upload them sometime soon for you or someone else to see/correct?

Cheers, Relinq.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

yes
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I have written another text for i2-410-ind. I have invented some stories about the Arnesian war and fe other. I hope like them and they are lore correct. Please note that the stories may/are historicaly not always reliable.

PS: the extension docx is not allowed.
Attachments
TR2-410b.doc
(41 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

probably just as well, docx is a stupidly annoying format.
Alot of ppl still use older versions of Office because of the different layout of Office 2007, and unless you have the plugin, you cant usually read docx in those versions.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I forgeot to say that the document is 3 pages. I don't know if I'm able to post it here and MS Office allows to save a document in 97-03 version/extension.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

N1
Those plants and rocks are imported form the Argon Jungle 2 years ago. It took about 2 weeks to transport those rocks and plants due their size and weight, but the transferring cart was nearly captured by rogue Dunmer. A fight was inevitable and those Dunmer were justified in the name of ALMSIVI. A discussion arose between the cart drivers and his guard arose if the rogue Dunmer should be buried according the Temple customs or that their corpses should rot at the fields near Narsis. The guards didn’t want to inform the Hlaalu guards at Narsis and the corpses served as a meal for the creatures.
The plants can only grow and survive in a humid and hot climate. A few more candlesticks need to be placed during winter to conserve the heat.
N2
The armor set belonged once to Giladil Rotabor who was slain in the most northern part of Argonia during the Arnesian War. Giladil Rotabor was born at Silnim and became soon a guard in one of the few big plantations at the Deshaan plains. The news of the dead of Saint Roris has not only reached the ears of the Dunmer, but the Argonians as well. The Argonians who couldn’t bear with the fact the Dunmer had to take revenge on the Argonians revolted against their masters. Many Argonians were slain at the plantation by Giladil Rotabor’s hand. The Dres owner of the plantation commended Giladil Rotabor to his fellow house members. He accepted the offer and left with some other mercenaries and guards to the southwest, where the battle between the Argonians and Dunmer occurred. At Sun’s Dusk 3E 397 the battle raged violently between the Dunmer and Argonian forces. Some Argonians assaulted the Dunmer, but were no match for them. However the most of the Argonians hided quickly when the Dunmer armies were too close and performed a stealth attack against the Dunmer. Other Argonians poisoned their weapons and stroke their enemies and a few of them were able to cast spells. Some Dres mercenaries and member formed a line and cast fire and frost spells against their targets. Even a few Telvanni sorcerers and mages tested their magic against the lizard folk. The Indoril and a small Redoran force slew the Argonians they could find and pursue the Argonians on the land. A few Dres pursued the Argonians with their magnificent Sky Renders. Some other Dres warriors like Giladil Rotabor tracked the Argonians down in the Argon Jungle. Giladil Rotabor, Vaden Helothre and Bradas Davor discovered an Argonian camp. Giladil Rotabor, Vaden Helothre were attacked with a poisoned spear. Giladil Rotabor died shortly after the poison and a few stabs from an Argonian savage’s dagger. His last cries trembled the nearby trees. Vaden Helothre didn’t last much longer and died too. Bradas Davor could escape and warned a nearby Dunmer outpost. The Indoril and Dres attacked the camp, slew every Argonian and carried the corpses. Their corpses had a proper cremation according to the Temple traditions and customs. The urn Vaden Helothre was put in his family tomb. The family of Giladil Rotabor agreed that his urn may have been put for the shrine at the Arnesian War.
This set and the urn to the left of the table has been put on the table to commemorate Giladil Rotabor and the other fallen Dunmer warriors.
N3
The basket and the slave bracers are a gift of Drelom Erethan, the owner of the Erethan plantation. Those were gifted about 9 years ago. His plantation lies east of Akamora and west of Necrom. Drelom Erethan is faithful and right Dunmer who lives according the tribunal customs. When he visited this shrine 9 years ago, Drelom Ertehan felt the urge to clutter this shrine and decided to gift the bracers and basket.
His plantation is an example of how a Dunmer plantation works: The owner or landlord owns some slaves and hire some guards to protect their properties from thieves and slave revolts.
N4
There are 2 Argonian skulls lying on the table. The left and intact skull was taken from the battle at Arnesian war. The Argonian Chan Tei stemmed from an unknown village in Argonia. It’s unclear why he fought against the Dunmer force, but some sources indicates he fought against the Dunmer after his girlfriend was confiscated by the Dunmer. Other sources talk about fighting the abductors of his mother. He took his weathered and primitive arms to fight with the Argonians against the Dunmer. He came too late to witness the victory of the Dunmer troops at the source of the Han Hloadal river at the Madinir pass. He followed the river and reached a caravan taking the captured Argonians. Sneaky as Argonians are, he hid himself at the environment and decided to strike distracted Dunmer guards. He managed to kill one guard Taladel Adalor, but fortunately Taladel Adalor had enough energy to alarm his companions. Other guards rushed towards Taladel and secured the area immediately. 5 guards scouted the area in order to search Chan Tei. Chan Tei knew to hide and attacked Nathyn Onith another guard. Nathyn Onith didn’t have a mortal wound, be he couldn’t chase the filthy Argonian. Ravos Uvereth grew tired of searching the Argonian and taunted the Argonians with the words: your mother will be so happy in Resdayn that she will curse the Argonian race and repudiate you from the family. Chan Tei noticed his cries and boiled from anger. He took his spear and jumped to his target and fell on the ground. Ravos Uvereth deflected his leap attack and pushed him on the ground, took quickly his sword and delivered the final blow. He beheaded the corpse and took his head as a treasury. The skin on the head decayed and smelled. Ravos Uvereth had to skin the Argonian head until nothing but his skull remained. This skull was in his possession about 11 years until Ravos Uvereth had to visit Necrom. He carried the skull with him and after visiting this shrine he decided to sell his skull to the Tribunal Temple.
The right and broken skull is the one from the infamous Argonian sorcerer and ‘upper priest’ Raskaw. Raskaw was one the Argonians who rallied their kind to fight against the Dunmer. It’s unclear if he worshiped Deadra or fictive gods, but he detested and defied the power of the Tribunal. However he had an influence on the northern Argonians. His primitive forces were able to poison a Dunmer camp. The dead bodies of the Dunmer were dragged away to the camp site of Raskaw. His servants carried also the corpses of fallen Dunmer warriors with minor injuries. Every Dunmer was stripped of his armor and cut into pieces. Every piece was lied in a pit which began soon to fill with the blood of the Dunmer. Raskwa bathed in the Dunmer blood and baptized his most fellow servants. He took a bath every time when enough corpses were found and torn apart. During the transport Tredyn Dardes patrolled with his mer and discover a few Argonians. Some of them were killed immediately and some others could escape. Tredyn Dardes and his soldiers pursued the remaining Argonians and lost their tracks near Raskwa’s camp site. Ulms Vamen ,a scout, discovered the camp and warned immediately his captain. Tredyn Dardes requested reinforcements and flew away with a Sky Render. Three days later when the reinforced troops amassed, they assaulted the camp site. A heavy battle occurred as a few Argonians knew how to cast destructive spells. The few priests could cure the Dunmer and protect themselves from the harmful spells. Raskaw cast a poisonous spell on Golena Sarith, but she absorbed the spell and used her powers to summon a bonewalker who cursed Raskaw. Raskaw had no choice but curing himself and during those few seconds Fadren Dalen shot an arrow in the chest of the evil Raskaw. The Argonians became disorganized and were almost an easy prey for the Dunmer. Some of the Argonians valued their life and tried to escape but were captured, interrogated and finally disposed. Raskaw’s corpse was beheaded and his skin stripped off. His skull was carried away to the temple of Necrom and became a trophy of the Arnesian war and a demonstration against anyone who defied the Tribunal.
N5:
The armor set lying on this table belonged once to Fendel Giretha. He was born at Almalexia and lived in one of the apartments of the Velothril Avenue. He stole, he dealt in skooma, he was involved with some fights and some sources indicates he even blackmailed other Dunmer. It’s no wonder that Fendel Giretha met the ordinators or the other guards sometimes. Although Fendel Giretha was imprisoned a few times, he still refused to follow the right path. At some time, he tried to rob a member of the Camonna Tong. He didn’t know he dealt with a Camonna tong member, but soon regretted his choice. Realizing his life was in danger, he fled to the western forest. He continued to run until he arrived at the road towards Othrensis. He may have escaped the Camonna Tong assassins, but he became injured during his battles with the Nix-hounds and Kagouti. He managed to reach Othrensis, but he was too wounded to enter a bar and searched for refuge at the temple of Othrensis. A priest look after him and treated his wounds. Fendel Giretha evaluated his life and asked why a priest would look after him after all. The priest answered that the mercy of Tribunal is for everyone and that even Saint Aralor was a foul criminal but became a saint. He referred that Saint Seryn cured everyone who prayed at her shrine. The priest told also how Saint Roris died at Argonia and the Dunmer were amassing troops to fight against the Argonians. When Fendel Giretha was fully recovered, he decided to join the Dunmer forces battling the Argonian hordes. He joined House Indoril and marched with a small army towards the Argon Jungle. Fendel Giretha wasn’t a respected warrior, because he was a new member of House Indoril and some of the other warriors disliked him due his past. He tried to prove his self and behaved him well and gained the trust of his comrades slowly. One of his tasks was watching his camp during the night. At Frostfall 3E 398 an Argonian force led by the war chief Itei-dar attacked the camp at the night. Fendel Giretha warned the other soldiers. While the other soldiers prepared themselves for the battle, Fendel Giretha decided to attack the front warriors of the Argonians. He became soon enclosed and couldn’t survive the many wounds. The other Indoril warriors repelled the attack and Itei-dar wouldn’t survive his assault. The officials of house Indoril decided to return the armor to the Temple of Othrensis, but the priests couldn’t use nor place the armor and decided to gift the shrine of the Arnesian war to commemorate the fallen Indoril warriors.
The origins of the Hist armor lying on the table are unknown. It’s not clear if this armor was worn during the Arnesian war or the armor was simply acquired from another Argonian. It used to be a collection item of Nyras Dobar, but the armor sets were soon sold or gifted after his death. His daughter gifted the armor to this shrine because such armors were used by the Argonians during the Arnesian war.

-----------------------------------------------------------
The text above is the sma one from the word document.
I didn't know I could put so much text in one post.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I'm looking over blackbird's text now.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

It might be easier next time to just upload a txt file Blackbird.

Sounds like a good read though :)
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Actually, I believe text posts are always preferable for editing. I believe it has been stated by lit officials that files are a pain in the ass.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Sorry this is taking so long. Here is what I've done so far:

Note 1
Those plants and rocks were imported from the Argon Jungle two years ago. It took nearly two weeks to transport them due their size and weight, and the transferring cart was nearly captured by rogue Dunmer. The Dunmer claimed their actions were in the name of ALMSIVI, although it was surely a farce. A discussion arose between the cart driver and his guards regarding whether the rogue Dunmer should be buried according to Temple customs or whether their corpses should rot in the fields by Narsis. The guards didn’t want to inform the Hlaalu guards at Narsis, so the corpses served as a meal for the pack creatures. To whoever takes care of them, these plants can only survive in a hot, humid climate. Extra heat will of course be need during winter seasons.

Note 3
The basket and the slave bracers are a gift of Drelom Erethan, the owner of Erethan plantation, which lies between Akamora and Necrom. Drelom Erethan is a faithful and righteous Dunmer who lives according to tribunal customs. When he visited this place nine years ago, Drelom Erethan felt the urge to bestow gifts upon the shrine, and decided that these bracers and this basket were apt tribute.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined