Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q2-13-Mis (#1957)
Faction: Misc
Parent claim: TR_2-36-Ind (#99)
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: None

---

ON HOLD -- Return to design forum when Map 3 questing begins. -- The Akamora misc quests. Since the town is rather large, it may need in the order of 6 misc quests. First true quest claim for map3!
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Here is a possible quest-line I made a few weeks ago.

Present Situation:

Lord Novas Senim is the current ruler of Akamora. He lives in the topmost manor on the rock island in the middle of Akamora. He owns the Amlani-Senim Egg Mine and the Sannisaren Egg Mine. The Aravel Family, which lives one manor down, are his most trusted allies.

The Athram family [represented by 1 guy] controls the Athram-Athmikala Egg Mine, as well as the Miner's Club in Akamora. The Veri family [represented by 1 guy] is an important ally invested in the Egg Mine. The head of the Akamoran Guard is invested as well.

The Pyoris family [1 woman] controls the Tiranat-Pyoris Egg Mine, along with the commercial Underground Bazaar and the Laughing Goblin Tavern.

The Varen family [1 guy] holds the Varen-Salenith Egg Mine, together with the Salenith [1 guy].

The Temple, lastly, has the Abanidanon Egg Mine, in which most of the poor and pious Akamorans have invested.

3 Sides to choose from.

Seras Athram
'Bad Guy Side'
Description: A very authoritarian man, a little arrogant, but always very clear in what he wants. His family has its roots in Akamora.
Allies: Alanil Veri, Akamora Guard Captain.
Goal: Acquire the funds and support to eventually overthrow Novas Senim to become the new Lord of Akamora.

Daryos Varen [and Rolam Salenith]
'Good Guy Side'
Description: Two good friends and professional bussines partners. Daryos inherited his Egg Mine from his deceased father. Both lived in Almalexia before coming to Akamora.
Allies: Eachother.
Goal: To expand their business and ensure its survival. Later on either of the two dies, which will change the goal.

Telera Pyoris
'Neutral Side'
Description: Rich and intelligent. She owns the Bazaar and her own Egg Mine.
Allies: Herself, and most everyone invested in her business.
Goal: To acquire all the local Mines, to create a mining corporation, and to later expand further.

2 Other Sides that come into play later on;

The Temple
Description: The local Tribunal Temple.
Allies: The poor and the pious.
Goal: Maintain order and peace, ensure the well being of the Akamoran population.

Lord Novas Senim
Description: Successor to the Tomaril Lord of Akamora. A rather rebellious personality.
Allies: Aravel Family.
Goal: First to maintain his control over Akamora, second to obtain allies and support in the immediate area, and ultimatly to separate Akamora from House Indoril and to found an independant city-state.

The Questline is first initiated in the latest rumors; there is conflict between the Egg Mining families. The PC can first go and talk to the 3 beginning players. [In the beginning] Athram requires high combat skills or a high level and a high Indoril rank [5 or higher]. Pyoris requires high Mercantile and Speechcraft skills, and having a lot of money on hand. Varen requires nothing. A vampire, criminal or diseased will not be accepted by anyone. The Athram will require you to swear an oath of service. First the PC must prove himself through completion of 2-3 small quests. The Pyoris will require you to start working only for her after 1-2 quests. Same goes for the Varen. The overview of the questlines looks like this:

Athram
Part 1: Prove worth through tasks, very difficult tasks.
Part 2: Gained Worthiness, now the Egg Mine quests, removing competitors; fairly open ended.
Part 3: Gained Trust, now Athrams real goal becomes clear. Now you must help him take over Akamora.
Part 4: Gained Friendship, Athram is now a true ally, Lord Novas Senim has been removed. Aftermath quests.
Rewards: Support, Money, Objects.

Pyoris
Part 1: Talking Quests.
Part 2: In Business; Lobbying Quests [acquiring investors].
Part 3: Acquisation Quests.
Part 4: Possible Allignation Quests.
Rewards: Money, Clothing, Shareholder.

Varen
Part 1: Looking for Customers.
Part 2: Acquiring Aid.
Part 3: Opening up a Second Mine.
Part 4: Conflicts. [Varen aks you to kill his friend; Varen is being influenced by Mephala]
Choice: a. Kill Varen b. Kill the Friend
Part 4a: Resolve Conflicts, Solidify Position.
Part 4b: Mephala; stimulate conflicts, resulting in chaos and many deaths.
Rewards a: Being a nice person, your own Egg Mine, can still finish other questlines.
Rewards b: Being Evil, a very cool and powerful weapon created by Mephala.

Possible Outcomes
[If the PC does not do the Varen line, the Varen Family will always be wiped out.]

Athram
Athram Family holds all Egg Mines, save for the Abanidanon. Pyoris and Varen Family have been wiped out.

Athram > Pyoris
Athram Family maintains a large share of all Egg Mines, Pyoris has been spared because of her economic value. Varen Family has been wiped out.

Pyoris
Gained once Pyoris Questline has been finished. Varen Family is wiped out, Athram Family still has a small bit of shares of their own Egg Mine.

Pyoris > Athram
Pyoris decides its useful to aid Athram in becoming the new Akamoran Lord. A deal is made, with many advantages for the Pyoris. The PC can now proceed to aid the Athram Family in the final quest-line.

Varen [A] + Athram.
The good Varen Guy acquires Pyoris Egg Mines, by working with Athram. Wealth is now evenly spread, good guy retires, PC is left with the rest. PC can now proceed to aid the Athram.

Varen [A] + Pyoris.
Athram has been financially wiped out by this coalition, wealth is evenly spread. Good guy retires, PC gets his half. Lord Senim can no longer be replaced by the Athram. The PC can still eventually acquire the Pyoris funds as well.

Varen .
A Family War errupts, the Athram and the Pyoris go killing eachother, the Senim Family joins the battle. In the end both Athram and Pyoris are wiped out, the Senim's ally is dead, the Temple is desecrated, and half of the Akamoran population is killed. Varen will challenge the PC to a battle, kill him, and a manifestation of Mephala will appear and reward the PC with a Daedric Artifact.

The Lord Senim factor comes into play later on. Standardly the Senim questline can be initiated once the PC has a sufficient level and ranking in House Indoril.
The PC will then play through a few questing stages until eventually Akamora revolts from House Indoril rule and attacks by House Indoril have been effectively beat down.

The PC can also start the questline is the PC has acquired any outcome that excludes Athram and Varen . Lord Senim will recognize the PCs efforts and accept him regardless of Level or Rank.

Playing the Lord Senim line will automatically shut out doing the Athram line.

The Lord Senim line will look like this:

Part 1: Internal Strength; [if possible] eliminate the Athram and allies, then acquire funds and support.
Part 2: External Strength; The PC will have to travel around and acquire alliances and support [Tomaril guy, Temple, Necrom, Ayemar, Sailen Vulgate, Telvanni, Imperials] some support will shut other options off. The point is that the closest threats to Akamora must be pacified.
Part 3: Rival; possibly Senim has a Rival who he must deal with first, lest he play a part later on. .
Part 4: Revolution; the PC can give an official letter of independance from Lord Senim to the Grand Ascendant, rejecting any ties Akamora has to House Indoril.
Rewards: Money, Influence, full support of Lord Senim.

In the internal strength line the PC will have a lot of influence shaping the way Akamora will look. The changes won't affect the questline, but are just there so that the PC gets to have an influence. For example the PC could decide to have the Pyoris removed and make all Egg Mines a collective good for the people of Akamora. The PC could also decide that the one collective Egg Mine should be privatised, and that no taxes should be given to the profits of the Egg Mines.

From hereon there would be a few quests to get House Indoril acceptance of independance. Say after a failed short war the Grand Ascendant reluctantly accepts the independance, or the PC makes it diplomatically unwise to denie Akamora its independance.

I'd also want to include a path in which the PC betrays Lord Senim, say he pretends to have killed the rival for example.
The PC should not get punished by House Indoril for supporting the revolution, but betrayal should be rewarded.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

The Athrams are going to be a big Hlaalu family in Kragenmoor. Perhaps change the name here?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Okay, the new family name is "Indaren".
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

I think this quest can be great if it is refined and toned down.

Concerns:

Half of the population may get killed? That sounds too extreme.

Independence from House Indoril? I don't think that will work either. House Indoril OWNS Akamora; it's not in league with Akamora. Grand Ascendant Sevuro would never agree to those terms, if anything, he'd send in a task force to remove the threat and reclaim the city, which there is no doubt of his success. Chances are, Sevuro would already know about the threat in Akamora and would have dealt with it beforehand.

Another issue with this is the player's role. If this coup works and even if it doesn't, the player will never be able to show his/her face in all of Indoril District. This quest will make the player a conspirator, traitor, and rebel.

Manifestation of Mephala? would require a new Mephala mesh/activator
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Hemitheon wrote: Half of the population may get killed? That sounds too extreme.
Then 1/3d. The point is that the result of the players choices should be very noticeable.
Independence from House Indoril? I don't think that will work either. House Indoril OWNS Akamora; it's not in league with Akamora. Grand Ascendant Sevuro would never agree to those terms, if anything, he'd send in a task force to remove the threat and reclaim the city, which there is no doubt of his success. Chances are, Sevuro would already know about the threat in Akamora and would have dealt with it beforehand.
Well first of all, Neril Sevuro has no way of knowing what the Senim Lord has planned. The Senim Lord is very secritive in that aspect and does not openly boast his plans. Though the Senim Lord IS part of House Indoril, he wants independence. Of course, Neril Sevuro would not like the fact that Akamora revolts. And without support, Lord Senim would obviously lose. But that's why there is a Lord Senim questline. The idea is that Akamora obtains a multitude of allies and support to make an attack by the Indoril unwise. For example an option would be to ally Akamora to Master Vaerin of Alt Bosara. Attacking Akamora would then ignite a conflict with the Telvanni as well. Another option would be to ally the local Temple forces, especially Necrom, since the Indoril would not want to come in conflict with the Temple. The point is that Lord Senim should stand far too much to lose and only his pride to gain in reconquering Akamora.
Another issue with this is the player's role. If this coup works and even if it doesn't, the player will never be able to show his/her face in all of Indoril District. This quest will make the player a conspirator, traitor, and rebel.
This, I know, is the main problem with that questline. Maybe there could be an option to keep the players influence hidden all the way through. Also, not all Indoril Lords would be opposed to Akamora's revolt. So if the PC were to kill Neril Sevuro, the problem of betrayal should dissapear [since Neril Sevuro ought to be the only one that cares about the revolt].

Oh, and it is not a coup. The Senim Lord already owns Akamora, there's no one he has to overthrow. All the revolt really means is that Lord Senim breaks his oath of allegiance and doesn't pay taxes to the Indoril anymore.

Manifestation of Mephala? would require a new Mephala mesh/activator[/quote][/quote]
Didn't think about that yet. The manifestation would be either a talking Spider Daedra, or an NPC.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Then the question at hand would be what could make the Temple favor Akamora's breaking away?
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Well, the Temple probably cares about a few things being:
1. The spreading of the Tribunal faith.
2. The well-being of the Dunmer. [especially those who are religious]
3. The combating of those who might oppose the Temple.
4. The destruction of that which they perceive as evil. [necromancer's, cultists, heretics, etc..]
5. Keeping competition [Imperial Cult] out.

The Senim Lord would ask the PC to perform such tasks as giving aid to the weak and the poor [for example bringing free Kwama Eggs to the people of Hlersis], helping spread the faith among the non-believers in Akamora and the local area, help raid a Daedric Ruin in the name of the Temple, and other such acts in order to create good-will with the Temple [especially Necrom].

Then, the PC will have to go to whoever will be the head Temple guy of Necrom. I assume this man/woman will be quite powerful and will have an agenda of their own. The first few quests will have ensured that the Temple boss has some sort of debt and is at least willing to listen to your proposition. The PC will then have to do another 1-2 quests to ensure the Temple boss' support.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Here's a questline I thought up.

Quest: Tears of Mother Soul
Questgiver: Rock Collector
Type: Fetch
Attachments
Akamora Questline.doc
(32 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Well first of all, Neril Sevuro has no way of knowing what the Senim Lord has planned. The Senim Lord is very secritive in that aspect and does not openly boast his plans. Though the Senim Lord IS part of House Indoril, he wants independence. Of course, Neril Sevuro would not like the fact that Akamora revolts. And without support, Lord Senim would obviously lose. But that's why there is a Lord Senim questline. The idea is that Akamora obtains a multitude of allies and support to make an attack by the Indoril unwise. For example an option would be to ally Akamora to Master Vaerin of Alt Bosara. Attacking Akamora would then ignite a conflict with the Telvanni as well. Another option would be to ally the local Temple forces, especially Necrom, since the Indoril would not want to come in conflict with the Temple. The point is that Lord Senim should stand far too much to lose and only his pride to gain in reconquering Akamora.
This, I know, is the main problem with that questline. Maybe there could be an option to keep the players influence hidden all the way through. Also, not all Indoril Lords would be opposed to Akamora's revolt. So if the PC were to kill Neril Sevuro, the problem of betrayal should dissapear [since Neril Sevuro ought to be the only one that cares about the revolt].

Oh, and it is not a coup. The Senim Lord already owns Akamora, there's no one he has to overthrow. All the revolt really means is that Lord Senim breaks his oath of allegiance and doesn't pay taxes to the Indoril anymore.

Manifestation of Mephala? would require a new Mephala mesh/activator[/quote][/quote]
Didn't think about that yet. The manifestation would be either a talking Spider Daedra, or an NPC.[/quote]

Allying with Master Vaerin can be considered as an insult towards House Indoril. Master Vearin won't like House Indoril because they are too religious and House Indoril won't like Master Vearin either. This could almost lead to a civil war between House Indoril and House Telvanni. Gaining the support of the temple would be a beter idea, but why should the temple oppose House Indril? Opposing their strongest allies. I don't know if the temple want to help if they learn about Master Vearin alliance to Akamora and vice versa.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Alt Bosara is in Map1, Akamora is in Map3. Unless the plan is to merge Maps 1-3 then this is not feasible.
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

blackbird wrote:Allying with Master Vaerin can be considered as an insult towards House Indoril. Master Vearin won't like House Indoril because they are too religious and House Indoril won't like Master Vearin either. This could almost lead to a civil war between House Indoril and House Telvanni. Gaining the support of the temple would be a beter idea, but why should the temple oppose House Indril? Opposing their strongest allies. I don't know if the temple want to help if they learn about Master Vearin alliance to Akamora and vice versa.
First of all, it is either the Telvanni OR the Temple. Doing both wouldn't be an option, I should've mentioned that. There might also be a 3d choice if I can think of one.

1. For the Telvanni: The Senim Lord would basically be religiously neutral. When gaining support from the Telvanni he will not be religious and he will help Master Vaerin in his opposition of the Temple, in return for his support. Master Vaerin would be a starting point from whereon Lord Senim would make deals with the other Telvanni [Tel Muthada, Tel Mothrivra, Marog, etc..]. The Senim Lord actually has quite a few things to offer the Telvanni, being Egg Mines, Dun Akafell, the surrounding lands, and possibly Hlersis [since it would be quite isolated if Akamora were to revolt].

So, if the player were to go with a Telvanni line, then attacking Akamora would risk a war between the Telvanni and the Indoril. This would obviously not be in the best interest of the Indoril.

2. For the Temple: Accepting and acknowledging the independence of Akamora would not exactly be opposing House Indoril. The Temple isn't faced with the choice between either Indoril or Akamora; the Temple is too powerful for that. Now the Temple would only support Akamora if they actually stand to gain more from doing so, or feel morally obliged to do so. The purpose of the questline is to make the Temple [especially Necrom] believe Akamora's independence is a good and worhty thing.

I think Map2 will have been finished by the time Map3 hits the questing stage.

@Hemitheon's Quest:
The quest looks good in my opinion, though I thought "Sandril" was the name of the family that rules the Isle of Gorne.

Also, I don;t get this part:
12 stones for him and be granted:
a. safe passage among the vampires of his lair only
b. access to vampire traders at his lair only
c. 1000 gold
d. and if the player wants, vampirism

Does this mean the PC can get vampirism regardless of what other choice? Or is this simply one of the 4 choices. And what use is "a"? And how would "b" be helpful without "a"? [it looks to be that you can go to the traders but the other vamps will just attack you becuase you didn't choose "a"]
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

The player gets all of those; d is optional
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I think independence from House Indoril is unrealistic. It is too uber to be believed IMO. I would rework it as a dispute between the lord and the Indoril council.

The rebellion would also succeed only if they got the support of the Telvanni council. I can't imagine Dral, Eldale, Rathra or Mithras supporting Akamora for different reasons.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

I think independence from House Indoril is unrealistic. It is too uber to be believed IMO. I would rework it as a dispute between the lord and the Indoril council.
My idea of independence is that Akamora, and the lands associated with it, are no longer the property of House Indoril [being mainly Neril Sevuro]. Lord Senim is currently still part of House Indoril, but Akamora and it's surrounding lands are basically his, unless Neril Sevuro were to take them away, which he hasn't. I assume being a Lord of House Indoril means you must swear allegiance to the Grand Ascendant and must provide financial and military aid if requested by the Grand Ascendant.

The only one who would really notice Akamora's independence would be Neril Sevuro. To him it would mean the loss of taxes and Indoril land. It would also mean betrayal, which the Grand Ascendant would not accept, unless he would stand far too much to lose from reconquering Akamora.

I currently don't see why independence from House Indoril would be unrealistic.

But what would the dispute between Lord Senim and the Indoril Council look like, then?
The rebellion would also succeed only if they got the support of the Telvanni council. I can't imagine Dral, Eldale, Rathra or Mithras supporting Akamora for different reasons.
Well, Master Vaerin and Dralos Omothran are together, gaining their support would be done by kicking out and opposing the Temple.

Eldale is part of Rathra, and they both don't like Imperials, so gaining their support would be done by aiding them, and also by opposing the local Imperials [Fort Windmoth, Fort Umbermoth] as a gesture.

The support of Dral and Mithras would be gained through some other means.

Also, it is not really a rebellion. It is simply one Lord who decides to sever his ties with his king. Sort of like a feudal lord renouncing the King's authority.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

And there is the final problm:

This claim is for MISCELLANEOUS QUESTS

What you are creating is FAR TOO grandiose for a misc. quest. You're pulling in major characters from Map1, you want an all out war in Akamora, and independence from Indoril. It's too much for a misc. quest. Another thing, this type of quest would be more suited in the Indoril questline.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Since I can't edit, Im doubleposting.

I don't want you to think Im shooting down your idea, I think it could be wonderful if it was just a bit toned down. I'm sure you have spent alot of time on this questline but I do believe it's in the wrong thread. If it was a bit more downsized, I think it would be great as an upper level House Indoril quest.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

There is also map 2 Hemi.

But I agree that this misc quest becomes a bit too epic, although the idea of independence sounds good to me.
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Whoops, I thought this thread would be for everything pertaining to Akamora. It is no problem I'll wait till the House Indoril quests are created, or maybe I should post the questline in Lore/Quest Discussion for the time being.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I'd post it in lore. So that when it comes time to making the major questlines for Map 3, this is all worked out.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Quest: Love's Labors Gained
Questgiver: Rolam Salenith
Type: Misc.
Attachments
Akamora Questline 2.doc
(29.5 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

and one more for tonight.

Quest: What's Your Poison?
Questgiver: Jiuba Onamas
Type: Misc.
Attachments
Akamora Questline 3.doc
(24.5 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

It is funny you make Rolam fall in love with Musa, since I actually had the same thing in mind. It would be more in the context of the Varen questline, though. After Varen asks the player to kill Rolam, the player can instead kill Varen. Rolam will eventually retire after a few more quests, since he has fallen in love with Musa and has decided to retire with her.

But I think if would work if the Rolam + Musa quest is independent from the Varen questline. The player can do it before or after or during the questline, but it will always be a prerequisite for Rolam to retire.
--------------------------------------------------------------
One thing that would be strange about your other quest, is that both the Bazaar and the Laughing Goblin are owned by Telera Pyoris. It would not make a lot of sense if they were to fight amongst each other, and the way I envisioned it, was that the Bazaar bar is for the lower incomes, while the Laughing Goblin is for the higher incomes. But that could be easily changed to fit the quest if really needed.

Other than that; "...while he is smoking outside in the woods.".
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

I thought up that quest because the Laughing Goblin is completely empty as in zero patrons. Well that is according to the last download of it. They may have added more since then.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Wow, there is some good brainstorming going on here. Hemitheon is right as your questline is great but a bit too grandiose for miscellanious quest. I'm sure we'll use it in the House Indoril quests, though. That is also why a few of the earliest quests in the questline can be used as misc quests. It would introduce the player to the politics of the town and it is realistic that in a maffia-based system there are a few odd-jobs. So pick out a few of those quests and work them out as misc quests. Together with Hemi's quests (i'll comment on them later, after I've got time to read them) we will reach 6 quests soon. Nice work.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Okay, here's the first 2 misc.quests for the Indaren family.

Main Questgiver: Seras Indaren.
Seras is a very authoritarian and proud man. He adheres to traditional Indoril values, and holds both outlanders and natives to high standards. From his servants he expects not only blind obedience, but competence as well. Failure is an unacceptable condition to Seras.

quest1

start: If the player is rank 5 or more in House Indoril he will hear that Seras has been looking for him.
If the player has level 65 or higher in blade/blunt/spear/axe, when talking to Seras, Seras will tell him that he might have some work for the PC.

Seras Indaren will tell the PC that he might consider taking the player into his service, but first the player needs to prove his worthiness by obtaining 10 Racer Plumes. Once the PC has 10 Racer Plumes, Seras will instruct the player to take orders from his ally, Alanil Veri.

Alanil Veri will first want the PC to go the Veri Ancestral Tomb and pick up an ebony dagger that belongs to the family.
Then Alanil will want you to take 250g to the Indaren Accountant, Dalave Reni, who is inside the Egg Mines Headquarters.
Lastly, the PC will have to go take a parcel to the overseer of the Indaren Egg Mine.

After these 3 quests Alanil Veri will deem you worthy to return to Seras Indaren.
[This quest has no rewards.]

quest2

start: Seras Indaren will ask the PC to swear allegience to him. If the PC does not, the questline ends. Swearing allegience at this point means you cannot do the Varen or Pyoris line anymore.

Seras wants the PC to go to the Underground Bazaar, buy 3 Iron Cuirasses, 3 Iron Spears, 6 bottles of Sujamma and 6 potions of restore health. The PC must take these to Sari Raloran, the Indaren bodyguard. [You get 450 gold to buy the stuff]

Next Seras will send the PC to Dalave Reni, the accountant. She will ask the player to go to all the rival Egg Mines; the Varen, the Abanidanon, the Pyoris, the Senim, and also Kellidan and the Sannisaran Egg Mine [which lie out of Akamora].
The player has to count how many guards, inhabitants, and miners there are in each Mine, and report this to Dalave. The player is rewarded by Dalave with 100g and a silver dagger.

When returning to Seras, Seras will tell the PC that "Hlura Valden", a mercenary working for the Varen, has insulted the owner of the Miner's Club. You are to go to Hlura, confront her, and ask her to apologise and leave town. She refuses, and she will attack you. After killing her return to Seras Indaren.
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

There is a problem with the Egg Mines in Akamora.
Both the Senim and the Indaren have a perfectly fitting Egg Mine, but the Pyoris and the Varen don't.

The Pyoris have an Egg Mine that was built with the idea that it was abandoned and so it would not be fitting as a functional Egg Mine. While the Varen have an Egg Mine that is so small you couldn't possibly take it serious.

So would it be possible to request two new Egg Mines to be made, and have the old two be used somewhere else as filler?
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

The Varen one used to be massive and the Senim one tiny, but I see that the mines swapped families too. (Just as with the place of the houses and the position as mayor)
The idea is that some of the families have a better economic position and those differences can cause power struggles.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

I understand the power-struggle part, but the Varen Egg Mine is to tiny for it to ever be a serious competitor. The way I envision the Varen is as being the underdog, so they would obviously have the smallest Egg Mine, but their current Egg Mine is just too small for even that. (I wish I could think of a fitting metaphor to illustrate.)

The Pyoris Mine is of perfect size, but was built as an abandoned Egg Mine, rather than a functioning one. It isn't that big a deal to me as is the Varen Egg Mine, since I can work around the fact. But it'd still look strange.

But I don't know.. would it be too big a request to ask for a new Varen Egg Mine to be made? I have no problem if it is, since I couldn't make one myself, but okay.