Map 3 NPC Claim #2 [Yeti]

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Cool!

Also:

ex_ship_plank Roa Dyr (8,-27) 68770 -219262 147 "this floats above the pier"

terrain_rock_ai_10 Thirr River Valley (8,-28) 73438 -228767 392 "floats"

Sorry for a post with 2 bugs, but that's all I've got right now.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

New file: (also cleaned of some dirty West Gash/Bitter Coast cells)

Not included are i3-685-Ind or i3-703-Ind since they are still in reviewing.

Edit: was uploaded before I saw arvisrend had posted those errors, so they aren't fixed yet. Also while I was posting TF finaled i3-703-Ind.

I can add those two interiors (assuming TF finals the other one tonight) and fix those two errors tomorrow.
Attachments
TR_Map_3_Detailing_A2.esp
(3.52 MiB) Downloaded 96 times
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Am I seeing it right that Dondril interiors are not in the file yet?

Also:
ex_dae_ruin_platform_01 Hadrumnibibi (6,-25) 50551 -198580 1555 "floats"
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Dondril interiors are in the file, but for some reason were unlinked in some cases. I'll check Dondril interiors and merge these last two reviewed claims and fix the three errors you've mentioned, then upload the file and move it to Finished.

EDIT: Done. Moving to Finished.
Attachments
(3.62 MiB) Downloaded 77 times

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Hate to break the news but we're missing an int:

In_DB_door01 Thirr River Valley (10,-23) 86094 -182838 2242 "door opens but is not linked"

Also:

Terrain_rocks_AI_03 Thirr River Valley (10,-23) 82861 -182548 1552 "caspers"

TR_terrain_AI_rock_18 Thirr River Valley (10,-22) 90110 -175096 1529 "vertex coloring mismatch here" oops, this can only be fixed postmerge
Last edited by arvisrend on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I'm not sure why there is an OM house here, or even any ruins. I don't think there is a claim for it, but it should be deleted.

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Before real NPCing begins, can I have this claim for placing creatures? Not saying this is a lot of work (it isn't), but it's an occasion for me to show how a non-levelscaled Thirr River Valley can look like, and a way to bump this topic.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I'm all for this, but I don't know if there are any more exterior changes required in this claim. In any case, such changes shouldn't interfere with placing creatures much.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

OK, I'll start tomorrow when I'm done looking at q2-28. Whenever anyone wants to do *real* work on this claim, let me know and I'll drop it.

Am I seeing it right that velk and guar can be all over the TRV?
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Updated file attached. (EDIT: removed to avoid confusion. newer versions are in dropbox now)

I am not done (not at all).

A few places have creatures now. Minor bugs have been fixed (missing blacksquares, a wrong northmarker, some caspering stuff).

Several Almas Thirr ints merged in. (I thought this had already been done?) Two (#14 and #15) are still missing (will be done tomorrow.)

Removed a shitload of duplicated items from TR_i3-600-ind. Maybe check that int once again. I suspect it once got merged with an old version of itself.

Deleted several inaccessible rugs from TR_i3-694. [url=http://i.imgur.com/VwJGe.jpg]I mean, WTF?[/url]

Can anyone help me find the ints behind these doors?

Ex_DE_ship_cabindoor Thirr River Valley (6,-27) 51873 -216774 -1244

ex_de_ship_trapdoor Thirr River Valley (6,-27) 52656 -217375 -1287

ex_cave_door_01 Thirr River Valley (9,-28) 77816 -223624 141
Last edited by arvisrend on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Updated file now in dropbox: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/83265276/TR_Ma ... ling_A2.7z

Use the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_Data.esm]latest TR_data.esm[/url].

It seems that we're missing a shipwreck and a cave (see the above post), but have one ancestral tomb (i3-497) too much (I don't see a matching ex_velothi_entrance_02 in the exterior). Maybe switch them out?

In other news, Roa Dyr and Almas Thirr now have got the remaining ints merged in, and a few more bugs have been fixed. Also, more fauna added.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Updated file now in dropbox: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/83265276/TR_Ma ... ling_A2.7z

Use the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_Data.esm]latest TR_data.esm[/url].

More critters added and bugs fixed.

I have three misc quest suggestions for M3A2. What do you think about these?

1. The alchemist in TR_i3-274-ind (Almas Thirr Canalworks) is working on an experimental cure for blight disease that doesn't require ash salts (which are not very easy to get) as an ingredient. He asks you to catch a blight disease on Vvardenfell (he gives you an amulet of weakness to blight 150% on self, for the case you have corprus) and return to him. Once you are back, he tests his potion on you. From that point on, you can get a cure blight + common disease potion from him each time you give him 1 scrib jelly, 1 muck, 1 chokeweed and 1 willow anther. (At this point he might tell you that plants respawn, in case you haven't noticed. Also the potion might have a few more effects.)

This might be the beginning of a questline. In the next quest, you deliver his revolutionary treatment to a few select alchemists in Vvardenfell; then you deliver some rarer ingredients for further experiments. Basically, the alchemist has discovered a way to make a potion that has an effect without having to use 2 ingredients with this effect, as long as one has enough ingredients with "similar" effect (cure common disease for cure blight etc.). This is not reflected in gameplay, of course, just as players can't create spells or enchant without fail.

2. A merchant in Roa Dyr (or Almas Thirr?) had his shop ravaged by a client who was enraged over the lack of levitation amulets (or a similar item) in the shop. The client summoned a scamp and ran away while the scamp was wreaking havoc and the shopowner was looking for a weapon to hit him with. You should ask around whom else this person bothered about levitation amulets. Once you've found the culprit, you should confront him and if it doesn't help, let all merchants in his town hear the story.

You ask around Roa Dyr (resp. Almas Thirr). Another merchant recalls having had the same client before (or at least somebody asking for a levitation amulet), and that he sent him to the Almalexia MG. In the Almalexia MG, the steward tells you that yes, they sold somebody a levitation amulet not long ago, and that the buyer was apparently trying to set foot in Tel Mothrivra. You can find the buyer in Tel Mothrivra, and either convince him to pay some compensation (speechcraft+2*disposition check) or tell the other merchants in town of his exploits and thus damage his standing in Tel Mothrivra (disposition+2*speechcraft check). Either way, you return to the questgiver and get some reward.

Sorry, I'm out of time for now; will post #3 in a few hours.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

3. A somewhat shady inhabitant of Roa Dyr tells you that his sister "disappeared" and left behind a stash of gold (500 coins) in a cave near the city. (This is the cave that is missing from the M3A2 file. It can be very small; this quest doesn't need it to be big, and there is not much place for a big cave there to begin with.) He suggests that you hurry up because his sister is "missing" and he is afraid that the money, too, might end up in the hands of the "wrong people". You're not getting any more info from him, except that he can't get the stuff himself because getting to the stash requires levitation *and* diving. Once you've found the stash and return to the questgiver, you can tell him that you found 250 gold, 500 gold or 1000 gold (or are not done yet). If it's 250 gold, he calls bullshit and attacks you. For 500 gold, you get some reward and the quest is completed. For 1000 gold, the questgiver is surprised and notices that his sister never let him know she had that much (and you get a bigger reward). The quest is concluded.

But something else you can do after you get the quest (as long as the questgiver is alive) is telling the Census&Excise office at Teyn(?) or any other census representative around (maybe even Imperial guards?) about this strangely well-hidden stash of money. After a few redirections, you get told that his sister is a convicted smuggler holed up in some Imperial prison, and that the Legion were trying to figure out where she was hiding all the money. You get a greater reward than what the questgiver would have given you (particularly if you haven't yet delivered the money), although the Legion is disappointed that there was only 500 gold in the stash.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Another int (i3-172-Ind) has no ext shell, or I can't find it. Any idea where it went?

In other news, all exts have been filled with creatures, and a few ints as well. I'm more or less done (only a cave remains, and whatever I have forgotten).

EDIT: Here's a list of all outstanding issues I know about:

[url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=12238]Interior i3-172-ind[/url] is in the m3a2 file but has no matching ext shell.

[url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19392]Interior i3-497-ind[/url] is in the m3a2 file but has no matching ext shell (as far as I know). This one is fixed.

There is a cave entrance very close to Roa Dyr which I can't find the int for: ex_cave_door_01 Thirr River Valley (9,-28) 77816 -223624 141. If there is really no appropriate int, I can make a new one (involved in a quest plan: #3 above).

There is also an un-int-ed shipwreck: Ex_DE_ship_cabindoor Thirr River Valley (6,-27) 51873 -216774 -1244, and ex_de_ship_trapdoor Thirr River Valley (6,-27) 52656 -217375 -1287.

There is also a very small OM ruin near Dondril without int: In_DB_door01 Thirr River Valley (10,-23) 86094 -182838 2242 "door opens but is not linked". Haplo says that OM ruins should be removed from TRV. I personally don't see why, as long as there are no high-level instances among them (and no, the OM ruins in TRV definitely don't look very dangerous).
Last edited by arvisrend on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

I missed i3-707 last time. Now merged in. Also, undid some edits to TF's i3-483 since they contradicted an ingame text.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

New version now in dropbox: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/83265276/TR_Ma ... ing_A2a.7z

In the new version, I have replaced the i3-483 tomb by i3-497, and linked i3-497 to the ext cell 7, -26 where I made an improvised tomb entrance (with an improvised natural stairway leading from the hilltop to the tomb entrance).

Please review for quality; I am not good at exterioring. For testing use "coc TR_i3-497-ind" and then leave the tomb through the door. If you don't like what I did, use the version before this change.

Removed several inaccessible and invisible items (TR_furn_barrel_ring02, TR_furn_barrel_broken02, TR_furn_barrel_broken01, ex_scrapwood02, terrain_rock_gl_04, 3x flora_bush_01, terrain_rock_gl_12, ) from 7, -26.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Oh, I've forgotten to add vertexshading again. Will fix that next time.

Before it comes to that, though: is the placement of the tomb entrance OK?
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Implemented Nemon's suggestions at the entrances of TR_i3-497-ind and TR_i3-483-ind. Also, deleted a few floating rocks and trees.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

I'm back from holiday now, and again would be willing to get down to some work. Is this area viable for claiming for NPCing this time round? I read something about missing ints?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

See [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=307623#307623]this post[/url]: we're missing a cave, a shipwreck and an OM ruin. I think Haplo said we should axe the ruin anyway (I would rather make it very small); I will int the cave when it comes closer to questing (my quest proposal #3 uses it), and the shipwreck... well, the shipwreck shouldn't be very difficult either (please don't axe it). I don't think any of these issues precludes NPCing! (Nemon has already reviewed my ext changes, and I don't plan doing anything further with the file.) Thanks for forwarding the Alma release!
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Ooh, you mean there are future interior claims to hope for in here? :o Superb! Give me all your OM ruins please!
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I'll just grant this, we can work out those three ints and whatever minor ext changes need to happen around that ruin while you NPC the other things in this claim, nothing should pose a major obstacle. Have fun!
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Hey BC, any news?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I pathgridded Roa Dyr and properly named all its ints a couple of weeks back, but that's it so far.

I am aiming to still be working on this in free moments, but real life is getting busy these days. It ain't like uni no more.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Good to hear, we're in no rush here. If you have the opportunity I'd love to see a WIP file but I don't suppose that's mandatory at this stage.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Here's the latest one: as said, not much has been done.
Attachments
(4.07 MiB) Downloaded 157 times
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

BC, if you could make a kind of tutorial for pathgridding, I assume you wouldn't have to do that work. The tutorial should be not so much about the "how", but more about the "what": What ints and exts need pathgrids? Roads between cities? Less important roads? Roads leading into daedric shrines? Farmfields? Daedric shrine exts? Is more gridpoints better than less ones? Should balconies be pathgridded? Should pathgrids inside a house be as far as possible from doors in order not to block the player's progression? How should pathgrids in adjacent ext cells be "matched"?

----------------

Also, this one might be my making; if so, my apologies:

TR_Map_3_Detailing_A2.esp 10/6/2012 (16:49) skraeling TR_flora_tree11_ND Thirr River Valley (7,-26) 60796 -209823 4421 "floats"
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

How is this one coming along?
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Did some progress with NPCs in Roa Dyr last night, so here's a WIP.

If anyone wants to take a crack at this claim, they can absolutely post here and take over. But I'll continue to sporadically work when I get the chance until someone officially takes it off me (or I finish it!).
Attachments
(4.13 MiB) Downloaded 161 times
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Good work!

Random remarks:

If you buy everything Jeanette Cobden sells you, her house becomes almost completely empty. Pillows, tableware etc. -- all for sale. Please make some of her stuff owned by a different person than her. Also, you can consider adding restocking merchandise:
arvisrend wrote: MERCHANTS AND RESTOCKING ITEMS:

The easiest way to add restocking items to a merchant is by adding them to his inventory. To make them restock, enter a negative amount (for example, -10 Kwama eggs means 10 restocking Kwama eggs). Note that this makes the inventory fill up every time you trade with the merchant, even if you bought up his whole supplies a few seconds ago. But this is how Beth does it. There might be a subtler way to do restocking ingredients, using the respawn and organic-container mechanisms on merchant containers, but normally I don't find it worth the hassle.

Any serious weaponsmiths/armorers/fletchers should restock at least on basic arrows, basic darts, basic bolts and basic (apprentice-journeyman) hammers. Basic means iron, usually steel, possibly silver. Armor can restock in smaller quantities, too (enchanters need an infinite supply of armor for their experiments).

Enchanters have a selection of non-uber scrolls (which can and should differ among different enchanters) which should also restock. Maybe also restocking supplies of paper (not many people would notice, but those who would will appreciate: paper is the "base armor" for scrolls).

Soul gems up to Common can be sold by enchanters and other magic suppliers (but also regular merchants). Again, these should normally restock. (I don't think that soul gems higher than Common should restock. Tribunal's Elbert Nermarc sells restocking Grand Soul Gems, but Tribunal is hardly a paragon of balancing.)

Not sure if books should ever restock; surely not the rare ones. Vanilla Morrowind offers an endless supply of (certain) books from the Mages' Guild equipment chests, so at least the idea isn't totally off track.

Alchemists should restock on most potions and certain ingredients. I don't know whether it was a good thing to do, but I made the alchemist in Bisandryon restock on a lot of ingredients, and many more easily accessible alchemists also have formidable restocking supplies. Particularly the really mundane stuff like kwama eggs, bread, mudcrab meat etc. should really be easy to get in arbitrary quantities.

I believe that Thieves Guild servicepeople, particularly in places where the TG has a foothold, should restock on lockpicks and probes.

Should clothiers restock on their produce? If I'm seeing it right, vanilla Morrowind did it this way for common and two pieces of expensive clothing. I made Llonise Sarem (the Fine Clothier in Sailen) restock on all clothes up to Expensive. If you ask me, I wouldn't mind having *all* clothing restock, including Extravagant and Exquisite; the player shouldn't be punished for experimenting with enchantment on exquisite clothes. But I'm not sure others would agree.
The door to "Gilnam Arendes: Potter", as well as its doorframe, are floating. If you don't want to fix that, tell me so I can.

Terminus Atrus probably should restock on more than a scroll, and again shouldn't hawk his pillow.

Doves Silvin should barter, although I guess you know that as well. Also, a crate_01_armorbonemold_ in his house bleeds into a furn_de_practice_mat. Does the training area suggest that he is testing his potions on live subjects? That could be a quest hook (in addition to the 3 quests proposed above). He is paying people to test his potions in battle, and he is being blamed for somebody dying during such a "training".

Milthulsim Rithro also sells his pillow and doesn't restock on anything. And a limeware bowl, is he allowed to sell that?

In the Roa Dyr Temple, could you somehow make picking the locked door at least not completely trivial (e. g., by having a guard patrol the corridor)? There are two Axe skillbooks in the temple, and one isn't even behind any locks, so I am slightly worried about early-game balancing.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I did see some things missing an interior by the way.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Would anyone mind if I worked on this a litte? I could probably get Dondril NPCed over the weekend.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

That's all fine with me, BC should Yeti use the file above or have you got a more recent version for him?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Go for it Yeti. And yep, use the above file.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Claim ownership transferred etc etc. Have fun Yeti!
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Does the Indoril Councilor, Lord Draler Ilvi according to the White Book, living to the south of Dondril have any plans regarding his personality or political standing in House Indoril? I imagine he's the one who owns the farmland around Dondril.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Yes - he's a progressive realist with some sort of military background (try something non-standard, no Ordinator, maybe he led a war party during the Arnesian war, or something more unique), set on defending Indoril's holdings from Hlaalu influence. He's always at odds with the conservative/pacifist Councilors in the Lan Orethan but on relative good terms with the Councilors in Almalexia (though oblivious of the Grand Ascendant's current condition) and is allied to general(?) Tavrene Indalas of Ayemar and probably Tomaril.

The Hlaalu-Indoril conflict revolves mainly around Almas Thirr - to the Indoril, it's a Temple holding and its autonomy should be respected, while the Hlaalu want to control Thirr trade, I think. Something along those lines.

He lives in i3-707, right? I think I proclaimed him Lord of Roa Dyr in the white book, Dondril can be owned by the person i3-711, who should be on good terms with Ilvi (or at the very least, not an enemy). Don't forget to include a hetman in both towns, Dunmer tradition etc etc.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Sounds good, Thank's Why.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

New file: Dondril with Pathgrids and NPCs. I should be able to get Dondril's dialouge done by next Saturday, along with NPCs for the area around it.
Attachments
Dondril
(4.18 MiB) Downloaded 172 times
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Oh, before I forget (I haven't actually looked at your file yet, sorry!), all Dunmer that were born into House Indoril should be rank Kinsman or higher. That's the lowest rank for a full member. NPCs (even Dunmer) that joined the House through other means can be of lower rank. I've seen a lot of House NPCs with ranks below Kinsman in older claims, and in many situations that was just plain wrong.