Map 3 NPC Claim #8 [Stryker, Yeti]

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:Quest greetings go in Greetings 5. Greetings 1 should be used only for ForceGreetings, or others which need to bypass the player being a vampire etc.
I could've sworn I used Greeting 1 in my quest claims. <.<; But okay, I'll keep that in mind for the future. Sorry.

Per monsieur BC's orders, this should be the newest WIP (Note to self: Clean up the Data Files folder). I skimmed through it to check for any blatantly obvious errors, so there shouldn't be any... But otherwise, it's totally in WIP condition.

I've slowly started progress on Gorne, mostly just planning atm. A single cave outside of Bosmora is now the home of angry bandits.

I'd like it if someone could check out the Enamor Dayn dialog, I was struggling with writing things at the time so I'd like a second opinion on it's quality.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Interior Reviews: 168
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

There aren't really all that many errors from what I've seen. Here's a few, though.

Smith Guy Enamor Dayn Tradehouse
Lots of people keep getting angry at him over his expansion-based desiresambitions. I personally won't let that hinderinfluence my views of him, he's a nice man to talk to. As long as I can keep my business going as it is, I'm okay with whatever he does.

The boss guy is referred to as "mayor". Not sure if that is an Indoril fitting term.

Relam Adryn
Being a merchant, I travel all over Morrowind looking for valuable wares to purchase and then sell. I sell wares in many different cities, by Kragenmoor is my most common. So, I suppose you could call Kragenmoor my home.

For the Appartment Complex:

It might be a cool gameplay addition if you could rent one - or all three of the appartments in the complex. It could be something along the lines of (luxury suit; top - family suit; table - casual suit; bar). They'd be more expensive then your run-of-the-mill rent a room a day rooms. So maybe around 500, 750 and 1000 gold. Let's say Sedaves Adrendil is the rentmaster, as there are no actual rooms available in his inn, The Gentle Velk.

This is mostly optional,

Another gameplay addition could be to add some unique items to the traders/vendors, so that it becomes more worthwhile to talk to them even if at first glance they seem to only have standard stuff. An example of a unique weapon would be "Soulflayer", in TR_i3-534-ind.

You can create a unique piece of weaponry or armor, or clothing, then add a decent enchantment and you're already done.

Also, since you have 3 settlements in your claim, you could also create some sort of collector's item spread across the vendors of these 3 settlements. Maybe a full set of Indoril Bonemold armor. Or a full set of enchanted chitin armor with minor enchantment bonuses (like skill+3 or spell absorbtion 4 pts.). This way, players essentially get a simple freeform quest with a nice reward.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

immortal_pigs wrote:The boss guy is referred to as "mayor". Not sure if that is an Indoril fitting term.
I believe the Dunmer equivalent of mayor is "hetman"

I'm currently trying to come up with some quest plans for this. If I'm able to I should have some up by the end of today.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Sorry about the double post but here's the quest plan I came up with for Bosmora:

Rumors in Bosmora say that some of the richer citizens have been losing their possessions lately and that some fear there is a thief in Bosmora. Bosmora’s Guard captain Relamus Saravyne has been investigating this but hasn’t had any luck yet. He’ll ask the player to investigate instead and will give the player two suspects; Kissen the Khajiit, who is known around town as someone who has had ‘shady dealings’ and the Bosmer Elegel, who is visiting a friend at the Bosmora temple and who came into town right before the items started going missing. The player will also be given the names of three people who have reported their property missing: Gadavyne Farys, Sidene Farys, and Salms Andala

INVESTIGATING KISSEN

1. If the player talks to Kissen about the missing items the Khajiit will deny any knowledge of them. He’ll act very suspicious however and the player will note this in his/her journal.

2. Asking around town, the majority of people will think Kissen is the thief

3. When interviewing Gadavyne Farys, he will say that he saw Kissen snooping around the outside of his house the day his property went missing.

INVESTIGATING ELEGEL

1. If the player talks to Elegel about the missing items she will deny any knowledge about them in a non-suspicious way.

2. Elegel says in her background that she’s in Bosmora to visit a friend of hers who works in the Temple. Upon asking around the Temple, the PC will find out that her friend is Sulemus Nalyn. If the player talks to Sulemus Nalyn, he will admit that he knows that his friend has broken the law in the past, but that he doesn’t believe she’s responsible for the missing items.

3. When interviewing Sidene Farys, she will tell the player that Elegel entered her home asking for directions on the day her and her husband’s property went missing.

4. When interviewing Salms Andala, the highest ranking Temple member in Bosmora, he will tell the player that his property went missing as soon after Elegel came to the Temple to visit Sulemus Nalyn, and he will say that he does not trust the Bosmer.

When the player has decided that enough evidence has been gathered, the player will return to Relamus Saravyne to present it to him.

ENDING 1

If the player says that Kissen is the culprit Relamus Saravyne will send the guards to arrest him. Though they will find many illegal items among Kissen’s property, they won’t find any stolen items. The player will then learn that that Elegel has fled the town and was likely the thief. The player will not be rewarded, though Relamus Saravyne will thank the player for trying.

ENDING 2

If the player says that Elegel is the thief, the guards will find the missing goods on her and she will be taken into custody. The player will be rewarded.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

To be honest, I don't like the fact that the player cannot find any real evidence before reporting one of the suspects. That's really frustrating for players and creates a kind of hit-or-miss situation for no good reason.

I must admit that I haven't checked out the NPCs yet, but can one of the people that reported their properly stolen be the thief? It'd be a nice way to conceal one's crime, especially when the local blames an outlander. It'd also move away from the "Khajiit and Bosmer are thieves" cliche. If that's impossible, at least give the opportunity of finding some real proof to the Bosmer's involvement (can be very hard, as long as the option is there).

I must say I like the idea of a detective-themed quest like this though. Thanks for the idea.

Hetman is the correct term for mayor, I believe.
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

It's a good idea. Or a good start at the very least. I agree with Why on most things, but I'd *love* it if Kiseen could remain involved in a quest like this/a quest in general... Considering he has the most frig obvious stash of drugs on the planet, I'd like it to be involved in some quest.

Though I never expanded on it much through dialogue (only a very vague hint, if even that), old NPC plans say that Balamus Arthre is meant to be a relatively wealthy thief. I don't really see that as being mandatory, but he could possibly be written into it if you want to get away from the 'cliche'.

As an extra note to tack on: I don't currently have access to the CS or Morrowind... And I'm not sure I have the motivation to work on it atm. As a result, nothing has changed since the last WIP.
Hopefully progress will continue as normal soon enough.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Those are all some fair criticisms. I'll see if I can tweak the quest plan :)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

This needs an update in a week.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

I don't have a WIP yet but I will note that I have begun working on this again. The work I have done so far isn't enough to deserve it's own WIP though, so that will wait a little bit longer.

Unless I get really busy in the next week, I should easily have something by Sunday.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Didn't get as much done as I would've liked, but uploading now for the sake of a backup since I'll be gone most of the weekend.

It's still kinda sloppy and doesn't have much any dialog added, so not much to see here.
Attachments
Clean TR_Map_3_Detailing_A8_Stryker_1.esp
(5.3 MiB) Downloaded 178 times
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

I'm going to be gone for an undetermined amount of time. I'd like to try to finish this upon returning, but I don't know how long that'll take.

If there's someone who wants to do this any time soon, feel free to revoke. Otherwise... I'll see how much further I can get once I have more free time.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Hi Stryker, do you still want to continue with this upon a return?
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

I would like to, but I'm afraid I don't know how long it'll take before I can properly mod again.

Like I said, if someone else has more time and the will to have this particular claim... Go ahead and go for it.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Do you want this moved over to Unclaimed?
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Nope. Progress has commenced, but I don't have an update yet. I just started working on it again, so please excuse that. D: Assuming Portal 2 doesn't distract me too much, I'll try to get something up in the coming week. Sorry about such a delay.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

*cough* Yeah, Portal 2 was awesome.

Anyways, posting an update before the deadline is up. Hardly much has changed, I shuffled some dialogue around and added a few more NPCs (most of which are even incomplete). Nothing else of note, but I hope for a far more substantial update soon.

Also, because I suck at remembering things and don't have the logs for it... I'll ask here so the answer stays here, what was officially going on with the manor (?) on this claim?
Attachments
(5.3 MiB) Downloaded 156 times
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Portal 2 was amazing :D

Is this the Gorne or Bosmora manor, or the estate west of Bosmora?
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

It would be the estate west of Bosmora.

I'd like to get it out of the way, so I can finally stop asking. :P
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

unless I'm horridly mistaken, this is the third of the decadent Lan Orethan councilors. I cannot remember the name he or she was supposed to have, though I seem to recall it sounded silly, so I don't think anyone would object if you made up a new name. As far as I know this person wasn't really well defined yet. Since we can't name the exterior cell the manor is in, (s)he might be a bit of a recluse. Remember to sprinkle in appropriate amounts of piousness. If that is a word. Unless someone has a better idea and/or memory than me.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

The word is piety :-)

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Ahem.

I present an update which includes a whole two extra NPCs! I might have made some progress on tweaking the dialog, I honestly don't remember. :|

I'm going to be pretty much gone for a week or something, so I'll try to make some less laughable progress after that.
Attachments
(5.3 MiB) Downloaded 164 times
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Stryker, do you have an update for this claim? It's past the one month mark.
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Unfortunately no, I don't. >.<

At the moment, I don't have any inspiration or ideas for this one. I'd rather not make something that completely sucks, so it'd be best to revoke it for now.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Revoked, then.

This is a low-priority claim compared to the other NPC claims, so ideal for anyone who doesn't have a lot of NPCing experience yet.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Why wrote: ideal for anyone who doesn't have a lot of NPCing experience yet.
Claiming, then. :D
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

You just activated my trap card! (granted)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

omg yugioh go die

Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Some Questions:

How many quests did Stryker get around to making for this file and how many more does it need?

What are the important characters in this area? Any Indoril councilors for example?

I read in the description of TR_i3-665-Ind that the owner of Taythionis Quarry has a home in Almalexia and that this place is only his secondary home. However, with the current Almalexia situation, I am unsure if this is still accurate.

Link: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=22674
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Yeti wrote:How many quests did Stryker get around to making for this file and how many more does it need?
Only one quest, IIRC. It should be complete, bar some testing and possible bug fixing... But it was hardly complex.

I think the plan was posted earlier in the thread? Either way, it's in Bosmora. (A Dragon Hunter's Worry, the name could be better)

My idea for the quests was two or three for Bosmora (depending on size, I suppose) and then one slightly more drawn out quest for Gorne. I was kinda hoping for one of the quests to involve Enamor Dayn in some way, to make the city there more interesting, though I could never come up with a plan... But I assume the claim would live without that.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Stryker wrote:(A Dragon Hunter's Worry, the name could be better)
maybe "The Perils of Dragon Hunting"?

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

i3-666 houses an Indoril councilor. (S)he is pretty much undefined at the moment, see [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=300460#300460]this post of mine[/url]. Gorne is the clanstead of the Sandil family, an influential family in Indoril politics. There's a Councilor Sandil in Almalexia, yet his family also owns a manor in Gorne, which should probably house some mildly influential relative of the councilor guy. A father, sister or son or whatever. I like the idea of a somewhat influential old guy living faraway, so father might be the best solution, but it's up to you really.

As for the location of councilors, I actually like the idea of having Taythionis and Sandil in Almalexia, so I don't really see a reason to change that. The amount and exact location of councilors is still a bit up for debate however so this may change. Anyway, make i3-665 the home of a relative to councilor Taythionis (who I believe is a woman, by the way, though I'm not sure, again, we don't have a definitive list of councilors yet). This Indoril council situation is actually bugging me, now that I think of it. I'll look into sorting it all out. I remember us being pretty close to a final idea.

The nobles in Bosmora (Farys) and Emanor Dayn (Adarys) aren't particularly important nor particularly aligned to any specific councilors. I don't think I really like the Adarys name so feel free to change that if you have a nicer idea. This goes for anything, really - this is now your claim, if you think you have a better idea, suggest/implement it. I like the quality of Striker's work but if it doesn't work with what you envision for one of the settlements here, feel free to mix things up a bit and change what you need to. And do feel free to just ask for suggestions, that's what we're here for.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Thank's Stryker, thank's Why. Currently I'm just trying to wrap my head around everything. :lol:
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Do underwater interiors like Grottos need to be pathgridded?
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Nope, I think.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Maybe a few major path grid points to be safe?

Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Here's a wip file.

Taythionis Quarry has NPCs and dialogue
Bosmora and Enamor Dayn should be finished (I added a few generic topics to each)
I started working on some of the wilderness interiors.
Attachments
The File
(5.4 MiB) Downloaded 143 times
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Nice.

Some info: the councilor in the manorthing three cells west of Bosmora should be called Meris Denaven, she's very pious and traditional. Of the other councilors, she only gets along well with Ienen Salvu and Salume Nethril, both living quite a ways to the north in the same forest. She doesn't like visitors, and is opposed to the policies of Grand Ascendant Neril Sevuro.

Did I say that right? I think I did.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Thank's for the character info Why. :)

What exactly are the policies of Neril Sevuro that Meris denaven is opposed to?
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Sevuro is the most charismatic leader of House Indoril in centuries, and has managed to gain the support of most of the council. He's taken a firm stance against the expanding Hlaalu and, to a lesser extent, Telvanni. Meris Denaven is deeply religious and wants to avoid conflict with the other Houses because the Tribunal has banned House Wars, and she's far from the border with Hlaalu and Telvanni, the other houses do not concern her since the Dres have been mostly amicable of late.

Along those lines.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

There is a building north of Enamor Dayn (coordinates 37,-27) that to my knowledge doesn’t have an interior.
I was reading the old Map 3 Detiling claim #8 Thread in the Arhives and I came across a post by Nomadic1 saying he added it while doing border matching:
Nomadic1 wrote:Here's the border matched file:

A shortlist of what I did:
- Added lights to Enamor Dayn
- Roads and signposts checked
- Removed statue at OM ruin
- Fixed that dock
- Detailed forest and canyon

I also added a new int north of Enamor Dayn. I forget the cell (my bad) but its a two-storey 3x3 netch herder's house. AFAIK there haven't been any of these added anywhere in TR.
It must have been forgotten when the list of new interiors to make was put up.