2008 - Year in Review

The news of the front page, global announcements, and any discussion of said announcements or news articles.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

2008 - Year in Review

Post by Haplo »

What, 2009 already? Wow, the year went by fast. Tamriel Rebuilt had another great year in 2008. We released two highly rated mods, Telvannis v. 2.0 and Antediluvian Secrets v. 1.0, which were featured several times on the Bethesda Softworks Blog. We also inaugurated several very capable modders into leadership positions, and came so much closer to bringing Stirk and Hammerfell to the public. TR has grown by leaps and bounds, and I am eternally grateful to everyone who has helped to make our dream a reality.

So, without further ado, let us be the first to wish you all a Happy New Year! Let’s make it a great one! :-)

Jan 15 - Lutemoth, our head of Concept Art, featured on the Bethesda Blog. This is a huge honor and TR's first ever BethBlog mention.

Jan 17 – A massive update of Objects of Tamriel (OoT), includes many new models such as sidewalks, lower class modular pieces, and cliffs.

Mar 02 - Xui'al retires as Head of Literature; Nanu Ra elected to take his place.

Mar 05 - Gesshoku promoted to Sound Moderator due to Orix's absence.

Mar 25 - TR's blog officially launches, it is the best place for behind-the-scenes action, and up-close-and-personal interviews with the modders.

Mar 25 - Map 1 Telvannis Beta 2.0 releases, featuring over 100 new quests for the Telvannis region.

Apr 02 - For the second time in TR's history the Interior Reviewing board is completely empty. This marks a major achievement for Thrignar, the reviewers, and TR in general. It is filled back up soon after.

Apr 12 - Gesshoku, Sload, and Nanu Ra, previously forum moderators, promoted to global moderators for Sound, Lore, and Literature. Claims browser updated to include sound claims.

Apr 27 - Lutemoth demoted from Head of Concept Art due to absence, Gez elected to fill his spot.

May 18 - OoT update, including several new Helkori meshes, tapestries for all classes, and a middle class interior tile set.

Jul 08 - Aro101 steps down from Head of OoT. Haplo replaces him for Morrowind (TR_Data), Lady Nerevar for Oblivion.

Jul 10 - A major OoT update, mostly for restructuring and organization of the folders.

Jun 26 - Gez features in the Bethesda Softworks blog. This is TR's second interview.

Jul 30 - Map 2 split into two parts; the north dubbed "Antediluvian Secrets" and set for release.

Aug 07 - Macar steps down from Head of Sound

Sep 08 - Antediluvian Secrets goes into internal testing.

Oct 06 - OoT update, including new ships and other harbor related pieces.

Oct 27 - First Rihad interiors become available. They are finished by the end of the week.

Nov 09 - Stirk 1.0 is released in private. Our beta testers are a little too good at their job, and find errors enough for several more versions.

Nov 30 – Map 2 Antediluvian Secrets v. 1.0 released.

Dec 08 - Nemon elected Head of Exteriors, Nomadic1 Head of Interiors. Sload retires from Head of Lore.

Dec 08 - Exterior 8-3, by Nemon, becomes the first Hammerfell exterior to be approved and sent to the ‘Finished’ section.

Dec 19 - Map 3 updated in private, includes everything before the detailing claims.

Dec 27 - OoT update includes fixes and improvements for many already added objects.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Il_Tiffosi

Post by Il_Tiffosi »

heeey Happy new year to everybody!!

This year has been great I see! Let's try to do it better now!
Such a silly signature that I've changed it.
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

Happy New Year, guys [and girls].

I wanted to post something last night but I couldn't since my family and I were watching James Bond and a bunch of New Years stuff, obviously. Although, it doesn't seem that anyone posted anything in this topic last night after Haplo.

So Happy New Year, again.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Yeah, And I can already tell you that in 2009 we will have a first final release!
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Beave wrote:James Bond.
Good man, Beave

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Versipellis

Post by Versipellis »

I say good work, team!
Happy new year to all!
My resolution? NO MORE NECROMANCY!
I'm not trying to be a necromancer, but I'm doing a bloody good job of it... :-(
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

my family and some freinds go together and met it in west virginia at this mountain resort.we did not have a countdown running and therefore missed new years by a minute :P spent 2 hours in a jacuzzi, which was pure awesome awesome. our SUV and the snowy mountain roads didnt quite mix though, made for some interesting attempts at getting out of that place.
Last edited by Lady Nerevar on Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I beg your pardon?

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

edited for clarity. hope its better now.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Sounds a bit more appropriate :-P Several members already get a little too excited when you talk about your personal life... no need to add to that with any nekked talk

blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Isn't this topic going off topic?
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

It is! And with this post it has gone even further! Sparta!
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?
PoHa: I know! we'll shoot an Aro at them
Aro: you have only one Aro missile!
PoHa: yes, but its heat seeking and quite possibly indestructible

How to do not become a modeller - by Stryker:
[00:13:]Stryker: no tutorial, no no no