Political Figures of House Indoril

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Hemitheon
Reviewer

Political Figures of House Indoril

Post by Hemitheon »

Major figures of House Indoril

Grand Ascendant Neril Sevuro, by Grace of ALMSIVI, Chief Councilor of Indoril Council, Indoril District, Lord of Sevuro Manor, Manor District, Almalexia, District of Indoril, Province of Morrowind

Lord Dralas Therayn, by Grace of ALMSIVI, Honored Lord of Indoril Council, Indoril District, Lord of East Deshann Plain, of Therayn Manor, Othrensis, District of Indoril, Province of Morrowind

Lord Veradul Deakrin, by Grace of ALMSIVI, Honored Lord of Indoril Council, Indoril District, Lord of Cardruhn Peninsula, of Deakrin Manor, Sailen, District of Indoril, Province of Morrowind

Lady Somia Llerian, by Grace of ALMSIVI, Honored Lord of Indoril Council, Indoril District, Lady of Deshann Plain, of Llerian Manor, Rouaf Duhr, District of Indoril, Province of Morrowind

Lord Novas Senim, by Grace of ALMSIVI, Honored Lord of Indoril Council, Indoril District, Lord of Mephalain Mountains, of Seris Manor, Akamora, District of Indoril, Province of Morrowind

modified from The White Book

brainstorm: concerns, goals, allies, enemies, local concerns

from there, create a list of council affairs.
Last edited by Hemitheon on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Minor figures of House Indoril

Barys Hrothmalen - Indoril activist who argues for taking back lands stolen by the Imperials and by House Hlaalu.
from "Indoril Notice - Call to Arms"
Last edited by Hemitheon on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Unless that's gonna be changed, the leader of Akamora is "Novas Senim", so not "Semis", or "Seris".

Lady Somia Llerian (Rouaf Duhr/Better Name)

Concerns: Her city is close to the big trading river which should be important. She might have some kind of rivaling conflict with the Hlaalu.

Also, Maar Mok (if Indoril) is likely also under her rule and the Hlaalu might pose some sort of threat to it.

Goals: Get rich from the river trade, but also support the Temple. She'd be religious and wealthy.

Local Concerns: There's a huge Daedric Ruin to the north which could be a problem.

---

Lord Veradul Deakrin (Sailen Vulgate)

Concerns: Doesn't like having the smallest Indoril town out there under his rule, wants more land/wealth/power. Is relatively safe being in the middle of Indoril territory.

Goals: Expanding his power, possibly expanding Sailen Vulgate itself, getting rid of the Akamoran Lord to take his territory as well.

Allies: Some high-up Temple dudes in Necrom who want a piece of Akamora.

Enemies: Lord Novas Senim from Akamora.

Local Concerns: Pesky Imperials in Fort Umbermoth?

Minor Figures:
- Gorne Family.

Btw, what about all those Indoril towns south of the border? They don't seem to have any Lord's/Lady's yet...
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

I believe Kogo'Aimrah is the only one. The sites around Oroynyon Bay belong to minor House Oroynyon.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Is Veradul Deakrin a lore name? Because it sounds amiss to mine ears.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Deakrin is an inadmissible name. It is less appropriate to Dunmeri culture than a drunken orc in tutu on an unicycle.

The Indoril district is the Mournhold district. The six Morrowind districts are not distributed by houses, but by geographic features. They are Velothis District, Kragenmoor District, Deshaan District, Vvardenfell District, Mournhold District and Telvannis District.

The minor house Oroynyon itself is part of a Great House. All Great Houses are a gathering of minor houses, historically named after the house that was dominant way back then.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Gez wrote:The Indoril district is the Mournhold district. The six Morrowind districts are not distributed by houses, but by geographic features. They are Velothis District, Kragenmoor District, Deshaan District, Vvardenfell District, Mournhold District and Telvannis District.
Although ignorant outlanders/people wishing to simplify take advantage of the fact that most are largely in the posession of one House or other, and call the districts by their House. (e.g. "Dres District" in place of Deshaan)

Of course, it still wouldn't be reffered to thus in an official 'by House for House' publication.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

IM: "Unless that's gonna be changed, the leader of Akamora is "Novas Senim", so not "Semis", or "Seris".

Senim is the surname of a House Telvanni retainer. Perhaps something more associated with House Indoril? See Dunmer Surnames list: Drora, Riela, Sandil?
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Sandil is the name of the important family on the Isle of Gorne, you know the one which had ancient heroes and the Poison Song mentioned? A list of surnames in your thread is useful, but not completely if there is no curt background info on the more notable ones.

It doesn't really matter too much if the surnames aren't completely confined within one house. I'm pretty sure BS didn't do so 100% of the time. Senim is fine IMO. The Telvanni one might be the black sheep of the family or some such.

EDIT: Also, only five councillors - can that get bumped up a bit?
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

For example of family migration from one house to another, I'd bet that the Dren family was originally in Great House Dres... (You'll find many partial corruptions. Telvani (one n), Hlaalo, Retheran, etc. Usually, they have remained in their original Great House, but not always.)
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Re: Political Figures of House Indoril

Post by Sload »

Whoever wrote the White Book wrote:Neril Sevuro
Neril sounds like an ill-fated British prime minister and Sevuro sounds like a councilman for a Los Angeles burrough.

by Grace of ALMSIVI
by the Grace of the ALMSIVI (blessed be their holy names),

Chief Councilor
Nothing cooler than Chief Councilor?
Lord of Sevuro Manor
Thats it?
Lord of East Deshann Plain, of Therayn Manor, Othrensis
I'm not sure where you think the Deshaan is, but as far as I can tell, Othrensis is Gah Ruhn, which is not in the Deshaan at all.
Lord of Cardruhn Peninsula, of Deakrin Manor, Sailen
Cardruhn? Really? I assume that's the holy lands peninsula cuz that's where Sailen is. It was in my notes that Sailen was gonna be made all Velothi and be part of the Temple territory, so I'm not sure really what an Indoril councilor is doing there.
Lady of Deshann Plain, of Llerian Manor, Rouaf Duhr
Again, this is not in the Deshaan, which is fucking Dres territory.

----

General thoughts:

-Why is there only one councilor in Almalexia. Are you telling me that of the like 4 ENORMOUS FUCKING CASTLES in that city only ONE was owned by a member of the Indoril council?

-Why the fuck are they rulers of the Deshaan, "east" or otherwise? What about the ruler of Dondril, of the "Emerald Forest" or whatever its name is going to be changed to
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

I think they pretty muched bs'ed the names. Don't consider the names as permanent. They can always be changed to something else. Likewise, it's not set in stone that there has to be 4 councilors and a ruler. Why not 6 councilors.

Just throwing some names out:

Grand Ascendant in Almalexia: Lord Aymas Silaasa Indoril?

1 councilor in Almalexia: Lord Ulen Drora?

1 councilor who controls wilderness area (mines) but lives in Almalexia: Lord Sedam Taythionis?

1 councilor in Otrensis: Lady Thelasa Relayn?

1 councilor in Akamora:Lord Novas Senim?

1 councilor in Bosmora: Lady Seryne Dorome?

1(eventual council in Seyda Vano[RENAME!]): %PCName
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Silaasa sounds like the name of an alien bounty hunter in Star Wars.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

quick word association game

Aymas Silaasa - Ayem Salsa
Ulen Drora - [url=http://vivirlatino.com/i/2009/01/616~Dora-The-Explorer-Posters.jpg]Dora[/url]
Sedam Taythionis - Sodom? Saddam?
Thelasa Relayn - don't even know why i dont like this one.
Novas Senim - New Septim
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Aymas, like the name Ayemar, comes from Ayem.

Drora is the name of a huge manor in the Manor District of Almalexia.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Ayem should not be used as the basis of a name. She is not called Ayem except by the Sermons, which are a special document. Her name is Almalexia, Alma means "Mother," she is Mother Lexia.

Dunmer full names or organized House First Last. So Hlaalu Helseth Raathim. Aymas Silaasa Indoril, ignoring the other issues, would be Indoril Aymas Silaasa.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Aiwyn the Breton
Developer

Post by Aiwyn the Breton »

Grand Ascendant in Almalexia: Lord Aymas Silaasa Indoril?
Silaasa sound too argonian... Silena sounds too latin, maybe but should me more dunmerish
1 councilor who controls wilderness area (mines) but lives in Almalexia: Lord Sedam Taythionis?
Sedam sounds too "city name"... Taythionis is a good second name but I don't think it sounds dunmer... there are too diphthongs maybe. And th and the final "is" is not much dunmer, sound more latin (=imperial) than fanta-gaelic (=dunmer).
1 councilor in Akamora:Lord Novas Senim?
Too imperial-like, but it could be an idea for a questline if the councilior is a half dunmer/imperial born which tries to hiding it... :P
Anyway to s so close are no good, and "novas" looks too "wrong plural form". Novar Senim?
1 councilor in Bosmora: Lady Seryne Dorome?
[/quote]

Sound strange, almost [url=http://megadriv.hp.infoseek.co.jp/01_gallery/02_copyright/doronjo_1280.jpg]japanese[/url]... and what "Dorom" means (as in "plaza Brindisi Dorom")?
I hate [url=http://abadir.deviantart.com/art/The-Mad-God-111454948]Almalexia[/url].
The seven schools of magic: Alteration, Mysticism, Destruction, Conjuration, Illusion, Restoration and Computer Programming
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Councillor name suggestions. Veto and improve please.

Thadas Sevuro (m)

Dralas Therayn (m)

Neldam Berethi (m)

Salms Arelas (m)

Ondave Senim (m)

Thelasa Irethi (f)
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

Those look much better, although Ondave seems a bit odd, Ondavo/Ondavi or something might be better(maybe its just because it has "dave" in it that I don't like it). The others look alright I think.

I think we should have more female councilors, at least one more, but half and half would not be bad either.
My Art: [url]http://demi-urgic.deviantart.com/[/url]
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

My only thing would be that they all seem a bit 'generic'. With the bigger characters, it can be better/more fun to go with something that stands out/doesn't tick all the normal boxes. It should still fit, of course.

An example might be my 'Caedan Jorval' for the Helnim Knight Protector. Still sounds/looks vaguely pseudo-Latin, but you also probably wouldn't see a generic commoner with the name.

One or two more normal names is good, of course, but it's nice to add some spice.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

I'd say go for more sophisticated surnames instead of common ones. Senim for instance is a lower working class family.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

There is a list of used names is UESP under different races, all you need to do is look through that topic and look at the topic about the Aylied Language (well for Dunmer names anyway)

I have a list of names I made a few years back for when I was making my huge Island mod (before I knew about TR), let me see if I can dig it up, I'll have it up in 24h time or so... (EDIT: Assuming I find it)
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

As Map 3 reaches NPCing, maybe it's time to resume this discussion. I was also wondering who is the Lord/Governor of Merelag, which has a big manor on the hill.

Speaking of councillor names: we need to make names for the other Houses too, as we have a wonderful embassy building in Almalexia which has books which tell the player the Grand Magnate of Dres is Lord BLAH BLAH. Quite shocking, to be sure.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Discussions are taking place, move along citizen
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo