q2-19-Imp

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Jonaman8
Developer

Post by Jonaman8 »

Sorry for the slow progress, I've been very busy lately. I will upload a first WIP shortly, including joining, advancement and the adjustments on FlinGalore. Before I'm going to post that though, I would like to know how you do the expelling. I just need to add expelling and test everything else again, to make sure it's working.
"You have shown an amazing amount of patience, kudos to you for that." - Thrignar Fraxix
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

If you're just talking about how to expel someone from a faction, it's this:

Code: Select all

PCExpell, [FactionID]

Where: FactionID = Optional faction to expell the player from.

Type: Faction

Returns: none

Example: PCExpell, "Mages Guild"
	 PCExpell (call from a dialogue, uses the actor's faction)

Scripts: Not Used (only in dialogue)
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Jonaman8
Developer

Post by Jonaman8 »

Yeah, but how to detect if a player needs to get expelled or to make amends when he is expelled.
"You have shown an amazing amount of patience, kudos to you for that." - Thrignar Fraxix
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I believe expelling is partially hardcoded (on detected theft and assault of a fellow faction member). For making amends I suggest looking at existing dialogue.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

For needing to be expelled, for example from the Mages Guild, there's a script called MGexpelled or expelledMG or something like that that I think might be what you're asking about... I can't be sure though.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Hiya Jonaman, how's things going?
Jonaman8
Developer

Post by Jonaman8 »

Oh, ehh... I haven't worked on it for some time because I have to study for my exams :(. I won't be able to work on this till the 22th. If somebody else wants this claim, go on, if (s)he wants I can also upload my WIP_WIP file but it has plenty of errors. I also have trouble with checking on the rank in the Solstheim EEC (not checking it, but the week waiting time).
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

No rush, I was just checking up on you to see if you needed any help. Use DaysPassed for the week thing I think. DaysPassed is a Global that records the amount of in-game days that have passed since you started, so doOnce set yourvariable to DaysPassed, if ( DaysPassed - yourvariable ) > 7 a week has passed.
Jonaman8
Developer

Post by Jonaman8 »

In a separate script or in the dialogue?
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

a script on the npc of course, that sets a local variable so you can use it as a dialogue filter.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hey Jonaman, it's been a few months. I accidentally let these quests slip under the radar. Any news on these now that exams are (I think?) over?

Jonaman8
Developer

Post by Jonaman8 »

I've been trying to fix my TR_mainland. I don't think I will find a solution soon, so if anybody else wants this quest, go on.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

What is the problem you're having? :?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Jonaman8
Developer

Post by Jonaman8 »

Well, when I open the CS, I load Morrowind.esm, Tribunal.esm, Bloodmoon.esm, TR_Mainland.esm and TR_Data.esm. The CS starts to load and at a certain point in the loading of TR_Mainland (95%) I get some error messages.
First, I get 2 of these:
[url=http://img201.imageshack.us/i/error1ub.jpg/][img]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/136/error1ub.jpg[/img][/url]
Then I get 2 of these:
[url=http://img171.imageshack.us/i/error2l.jpg/][img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/409/error2l.jpg[/img][/url]
After that this one again x1:
[url=http://img201.imageshack.us/i/error1ub.jpg/][img]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/136/error1ub.jpg[/img][/url]
Then x1:
[url=http://img148.imageshack.us/i/error3t.jpg/][img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3885/error3t.jpg[/img][/url]
Then x1:
[url=http://img690.imageshack.us/i/error4c.jpg/][img]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9210/error4c.jpg[/img][/url]
And last this one again x1:
[url=http://img148.imageshack.us/i/error3t.jpg/][img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3885/error3t.jpg[/img][/url]
I don't know if it's dangerous but I didn't work any further on the quest because I feared to infest your computers. I'm sorry to report this so late but I was a bit busy. Now I have plenty of time to mod.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Ah, to avoid those errors, manually select both TR_Mainland and TR_Data .esms rather than letting the CS autoload them. (It can't handle more than 4 autoloaded)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Jonaman8
Developer

Post by Jonaman8 »

Thanks, I will get to work on it as soon as I can!
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Jonaman has been gone since February. Revoked.
desertofunknown

Post by desertofunknown »

I would like to claim this quest adding and finishing all that entails to and in connection with this quest.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Not Granted. You must be a TR Modder promoted for questing to claim quests.
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

Claim.

This is my first quest claim (how exciting! :-D) so I have some questions.
  • 1) Do I make joining the faction dialogue (and what rank should I filter it for?)
    2) Do I follow this plan?
    3) For the ship in TR_m2_EEC_Mero2, has the cabin been made yet or do I do that?
More questions will follow, I can promise you that. ;-)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I want to grant this but Why is the best person to answer all those questions, so I will let him do the explaining and button-pushing.

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Yes, those are the plans. We're going to need some factionjoin dialog here, I suggest you take a quick look at how the vanilla factions handle this. If you can't figure it out, you can leave it as a dummy entry and I'll take a look at it later.

For the ship an interior claim will have to be created, I reckon. If you want, you could claim it yourself, I'm sure Cat'll be fine with that if you ask nicely. I suggest you begin at the start though, and request that claim whenever you're nearing that quest.

Good luck! :D
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Any news, TDF? You're about a week away from needing an update :-)

Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

I'm about half way through the second quest. If someone could check over what I've done so far that would be appreciated.

Note: I haven't playtested anything so far so there could be a few obvious errors. Also, the file isn't clean.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I will see if I can't hunt down arvisrend to do some quest testing

Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Could you please revoke this. I hope to come back to it in future, but for now I'd like to open it out to anyone else who wants it.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: q2-19-Imp

Post by arvisrend »

First few bugs:

- For some reason this ESP deletes the topic "adamantium armor". That's a honest-to-god Tribunal topic and should not be changed. But probably this will solve itself upon cleaning.

- Topic "assignment" should have a dummy answer (something along the lines of "that's only for guild members") for the case when the player is not yet a member. This is in order to make the topic blue when the word "assignment" first appears (it appears in an answer to topic "join the East Empire Company", and confusingly without a blue link, because by the time the player is accepted into the guild, this piece of dialogue is already on the s creen).

- Topic "promotion" has a %PCNextRank that should be %NextPCRank.

- Topic "Merro Galvix": "it's" should be "its".

- Topic "join the East Empire Company" reply "That's a shame. You look like you would make a useful addition to the company's staff." should not give the player the same choice as the previous reply, because that means the player is stuck in a choiceloop until he finally joins!

- I think Lorus should have his background or even the join topic in his greeting if you want people to find the guild.

- I don't see a way to get quest TR_m2_EEC_Lorus1 to stage 20. What should I talk to Melia about?

Dialogue is rather much OK. I see no pearls, but no blunders either. You might want to slightly spice up the "join the East Empire Company" reply when the player says he is already in the Solstheim EEC by adding a side blow on the Solstheim EEC.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Thanks for the review, arvisrend. Revoked per TDF's request :-(
Mortimer
Developer

Post by Mortimer »

I've like to claim this and I've fixed some things arvisrend mentioned already, but some other things still confuse me. For example there are a few Greeting 0's, one of which has no ID (even with TR_Mainland) and it reads,

"You found Gavis? A violent death you say? I... I... I don't know what you're referring to. I would never have hurt my friend. You have no proof."

Now that's supposed to be for TR_m1_bah_widow, a map one quest and the speaker is supposed to be Vedran_Gavonir. As far as I know he's always in Map 1, not even close to these claims. BUT it does appear to have a fix for that quest where if you don't have a the murder weapon you can't accuse him.

There's also a Greeting 5 that's just a random 100 <25 that says "Oh my, what is that awful smell?" which seems pretty stupid.

And even with TR_Mainland loaded still, the topic "Merro Galvix" brings up "That's me", as Merro isn't linked to it at all.

Now I'm hoping it's just me and my inability to get things to work correctly and not serious errors.
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

I didn't clean the file I uploaded, and what I did complete is mostly unfinished due to me having a poor attention span and getting bored after one quest.

If you want to start from scratch I would have no problem with that (it's probably what I would do if I were you).
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Yes, unfortunately it is the case with questing that a clean start is a lot easier for an incoming modder. Working with someone else's stuff is always very difficult; it depends on an analysis of which will save you more work.

Mort, the Greeting 5 is from a M1 Thieves Guild quest in which the player is tricked into wearing a foul smelling cuirass for a while.

In any event, all those problems seem to be cleaning ones rather than anything more serious.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

If you are interested in claiming it still, Mortimer, I'll be happy to grant it once you click the green Claim button at the top of the first page. :-)

Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Hey Why, are you gonna chop this claim up into bite-size chunks like the FG Akamora quests?
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I definitely could, though I'd rather focus on the Akamoran quests first. You dropped this halfway through the second quest (Lorus3?), right? Do you think this could easily be split on a per-NPC basis?

edit: I'm on IRC now, if you want to discuss this in real-time.
6plus
Developer

Post by 6plus »

I guess this claim could be split into:

1. the first only gets some additional dialogue, the next two are basically assigned by Melia Floria
TR_m2_A0_FlinGalore
TR_m2_EEC_Lorus1
TR_m2_EEC_Lorus2
TDF's file is mostly about this quests and also contains the "join the EEC" and "promotion" dialogue

2. assigned by Lorus Avius, these are all about the egg mine
TR_m2_EEC_Lorus3
TR_m2_EEC_Lorus4
TR_m2_EEC_Lorus5

3. assigned by Culenne or Zaren Hammebenat
TR_m2_EEC_Cule1
TR_m2_EEC_Cule2
TR_m2_EEC_Zare1

4. additional quests, assigned by Merro Galvix
TR_m2_EEC_Mero1
TR_m2_EEC_Mero2

I'm currently thinking I might finish what TDF started already, maybe I also finish TR_m2_EEC_Lorus2, but I rather wait for a word from Why...
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Sorry for the late word, yes, that's completely okay with me, glad to see you around 6+. Splitting this claim now, give me an hour or so, splitting these takes quite a bit of work and I'm a star at distracting myself.

edit: everything went better than expected. This thread is now about Lorus 1 and 2, please do claim it if you want it.
6plus
Developer

Post by 6plus »

There you go. I'll work from TDF's file, I think I already figured everything out.

Edit: 'uploaded' some dialogue, would be helpful if you all check spelling/grammar/spicyness, more to come later...

Greeting 7

Lorus (not yet EEC member): Greetings, %PCName. I am the Factor of the Helnim Branch of the East Empire Company. Do you want to talk about our business or would you prefer to join the East Empire Company?
Lorus (EEC member): Hello, %PCRank %PCName. What may I do for you? Do you need a new assignment? Or do you think you're fit for promotion.

Topic: join the EEC

All (EEC member): You're already a member of the East Empire Company.
All (no EEC member, in Helnim): If you want to join the company you should speak to the Factor, Lorus Avius, here in Helnim.
All (no EEC member, elsewhere): If you want to join the company you should speak to a Factor in one of the regional headquarters. There's one in Helnim, Old Ebonheart, X, Y and Z.
Factor: Excellent! New employees are always welcome at the East Empire Company. Now, if you understand all the requirements I'll complete the necessary documentation.
*the player may ask for the requirements...
Factor: The East Empire Company is a business at heart. Applicants should have a winning personality, and a strong will. Those with the ability to speak eloquently and barter shrewdly are most valuable. Given the hostile environments the Company often ventures into, applicants should have a keen sense of security. Finally, all applicants should be trained in the time-honored virtues of long blades and medium armor, as has been customary for the Company for generations.
*...if the player decides to join...
Factor: Then you are now an employee of the Morrowind East Empire Company. Welcome to the company, %NextPCRank %PCName. Speak to me if you ever want an assignment or a promotion.
*...or if the player denies...
Factor: That's a shame. You look like you would make a useful addition to the company's staff.
*...however when a member in Solstheim the only option is to tell the Factor...
Factor: I'm afraid that is rather irrelevant. As Solstheim is not officially part of the province of Morrowind, the East Empire Company's operation there is entirely separate. To be honest: being a member of Solstheim branch doesn't speak on your benefit. If you join the company here in Morrowind, your rank will not be carried across. I could still contact Solstheim and ask for your record there. That would take a few days however.
*...then the player may join, deny or ask for a background check, in that case...
Factor: Well, then let's do it this way. As I just said, it might take a few days till I get an answer.
Factor (after 0 days): I already told you that it takes some time. You should try to find something to do elsewhere.
Factor (after 1 day): I have sent out my request, now your colleagues have to process it, create a copy of your record and send it to me. Stay patient.
Factor (after 5 days): Yes, I have to admit it takes pretty long. They seem to be a bit lazy on Solstheim. Here on the Mainland this is handled differently, you should keep that in mind, %PCName.
Factor (after 7 days, if player is agent on S.): Your record has finally arrived. You made quite a reputation up there, %PCName. Unfortunately my supervisor explicitly told me that I can't let you skip any rank. I can only promote you to %NextPCRank of the East Empire Company, %PCName. Congratulations. I guess I don't need to tell you who to ask when you want an assignment or a promotion.
Factor (after 7 days): I finally received letter from Solstheim. But they could not find your record there, %PCName. I don't know why you should lie about that, so I will be generous and let you join the East Empire Company as %NextPCRank, %PCName! I'm sure they just couldn't find your record in that mess up there. Congratulations. Come and talk to me when you think you are ready for an assignment or a promotion.

Topic: promotion

Factor (rank maxed out): You outrank me, so I can't promote you. If you want a higher position you'll have to appeal to the board of governors in Cyrodiil.
Factor (expelled): You've been sacked from the East Empire Company. I am certainly not going to promote you.
Factor (not the skills): I can't promote you, %PCName. You don't meet the skill requirements for promotion and you haven't done enough assignments.
Factor (not enough quests): You have the necessary skills to be an excellent %NextPCRank, but I'm afraid you just haven't put the hours in. Do a few more assignments though, and you'll be well on your way to promotion.
Factor (neither): You have been a good employee of the East Empire Company, but I'm afraid you don't have the skills we require for promotion to the rank of %NextPCRank.
Factor (ready for promotion): Congratulations %PCName, you are now promoted to %NextPCRank.
Factor (not a member): You're not a member of the East Empire Company, so I can't promote you. It doesn't take a genius to work that out.

Journal entries for Lorus1

10: Lorus Avius asked me to speak to Melia Floria in the East Empire Company Warehouse. Apparently there are some discrepancies in the inventory figures.
20: Melia told me that several bottles of Telvanni Bug Musk have disappeared from the warehouse recently. The only people with access to the warehouse recently are her, the clerk Tarus Meritorus, one Redguard and one Dunmer sailor from the Reckless Maiden. Melia asked me to investigate, but not to kill the sailors.
25: Tarus Meritorus blamed the sailors for the disapperance of the Telvanni Bug Musk.
30: Captain Sjorvan the Wastrel of the Reckless Maiden denied that his sailors were thieves.
35: Kiliban Samarys, the Dunmer sailor on the Reckless Maiden, denied stealing from the warehouse.
40: Cajan, the Redguard sailor on the Reckless Maiden, denied stealing from the warehouse.
45: All the crewmembers on the Reckless Maiden denied that they were thieves. Maybe if I threatened one of the sailors I could 'persuade' them to talk.
50: I fought Kiliban Samarys, and he admitted that he and Cajan had stolen the Telvanni Bug Musk. He claimed that the clerk Tarus Meritorus paid them to do it, although he has no proof. He says Cajan has the Bug Musk.
55: I fought Cajan, and he admitted that he and Kiliban had stolen the Telvanni Bug Musk. He claimed that the clerk Tarus Meritorus paid them to do it, although he has no proof.
60: I have killed Kiliban Samarys. Lorus will not be pleased.
65: I have killed Cajan. Lorus will not be pleased.
70: Cajan gave me four bottles of Telvanni Bug Musk.
71: I found four bottles of Telvanni Bug Musk on Cajan's corpse.
75: Tarus Meritorus denied that he had paid the sailors to steal Bug Musk.
80: I returned the Bug Musk to Melia and told her the sailors had stolen it.
85: I returned the Bug Musk to Melia and told her that the sailors had stolen it on Tarus' orders. Melia told me she already had suspicions about Tarus and would keep an eye on him.
90: Lorus was unhappy that I had killed one of the sailors and refused to pay me.
95: Lorus was furious that I had killed both of the sailors and refused to pay me.
100: Lorus was pleased that I had found the missing Bug Musk and paid me 100 septims.
105: I told Lorus that the sailors blamed Tarus for being behind their theft, but I couldn't present evidence.
6plus
Developer

Post by 6plus »

More dialogue, as promised:

Additional journal entries for TR_m2_A0_FlinGalore:

5: Lorus Avius asked me to find Merro Galvix, an East Empire Company agent who was sent to find a missing ship. He suggested I look first in Tel Mothrivra, and then in the nearby villages.
6: Someone in Tel Mothrivra told me that Merro was there last week, but that he'd left. I should continue looking for him.
7: Someone in Adurin-Ouaka told me that Merro Galvix is in the Andalas Tradehouse. I should go and find him immediately.
105: Lorus thanked me for helping Merro.

Topic Merro Galvix:

Lorus (quest starts): He's my top agent. I sent him to track down a shipment of flin that disappeared on its way to Tel Mothrivra. I've no idea where he is now, try asking around the local villages. Once you've found him help him locate the missing shipment.
Lorus (started quest): If you can't find him in Tel Mothrivra you should try it in Alt Bosara, Hla Bulor or Adurin-Ouaka.
Lorus (after helping Merro): So you found him and helped him get the shipment back. Good job. As far as I know you already got your reward, so let's talk about another assignment now.
Lorus (FlinGalore completed): Well done, %PCRank.
People in Tel Mothrivra (this one gives journal entry): I think I saw an Imperial around town last week. Asking about flin or something. Anyway, he didn't find what he was looking for so he left. No idea where he is now.
*...or...
People in Tel Mothrivra: I haven't seen an Imperial in Tel Mothrivra since that tax collector last year. He's certainly not coming back.
*...or...
People in Tel Mothrivra: I haven't seen him. Someone else might have though.
People in Alt Bosara: I haven't seen him. Someone else might have though.
People in Hla Bulor (player is Imperial): I don't think there's ever been an Imperial in our village. At least not until you showed up.
People in Hla Bulor: I don't think there's ever been an Imperial in our village.
People in Adurin-Ouaka: The Imperial? He'll be in the Andalas Tradehouse.
People in Adurin-Ouaka (finished quest): He's gone now, thank goodness.
Andalas: Are you blind? He's over there.

Topic cargo of flin:

Merro Galvix (if Lorus didn't assign the quest yet): Yes, I was assigned the task of locating a ship that was lost in the area. I managed to find the shipwreck, but the cargo of Flin was gone. I suspect some of these locals have taken it, but they won't talk to me. Perhaps you could help me find it?

Topic Tel Mothrivra:

Lorus: It's a Telvanni town on Lake Boethiah. I'd look for Merro there first, and if he's not there go to the nearby settlements. There's Adurin-Ouaka, Hla Bulor and Alt Bosara.

Topic East Empire Company:

Merro Galvix: I deal with some of the more important tasks the company needs doing. It's a responsible job, but very rewarding.
Erville: I think Lorus is doing a very good job for the company. I don't think I could run things as smoothly as he does, especially with all the problems the Telvanni are causing for us.
Zaren H.: I have to say I don't find the work as exciting as I used to. Still, anything's better than the Ashlands.
Lorus (member): To tell you the truth, I'm frustrated by the lack of support that the governor shows to the East Empire Company here in Helnim. The Telvanni are bad enough, but when the highest Imperial authority offers no assistance at all it's quite difficult to operate the business at it's full potential.
Lorus (no member): I am the Factor of the East Empire Company here in Helnim. Do you wish to join the East Empire Company?
Others (member): We are both members of the East Empire Company.
Others (no member): The East Empire Company is a trade enterprise established by the Emperor to manage the trade in the eastern provinces of the Empire. We have a monoply on the trade in flin, raw ebony, raw glass, and Dwemer artifacts, and we also have favourable tariffs and regulations on the import and export of other common and exotic goods, like kwama eggs, marshmerrow pulp, saltrice, and Telvanni bug musk. Are you looking to join the East Empire Company?
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Lorus (EEC member): Hello, %PCRank %PCName. What may I do for you? Do you need a new assignment? Or do you think you're fit for promotion.
Needs question mark after 'promotion'.
Factor (not the skills): I can't promote you, %PCName. You don't meet the skill requirements for promotion and you haven't done enough assignments.
This dialogue should be for meets neither skills nor quests.

It's great that you've taken this up, 6+ Don't feel any obligation to keep anything I've done if it isn't good enough. Not that I did that much... :|
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
6plus
Developer

Post by 6plus »

Updated, TR_m2_EEC_Lorus1 has dialogue and scripts
it's still unclean, untested and potentially full of bugs

more dialogue...

Greetings

Kiliban (accused him): Found any evidence yet? No, I don't think you have.
*...or...
Kiliban (accused him): It's very dark and lonely down here below decks. Something terrible could happen and no-one would ever know.
*...or...
Kiliban (accused him): You know, I never used to have a problem with outlanders. Until you showed up.
*...or...
Kiliban (accused him): Surely there is someone else in Tamriel you can bother who isn't me?
Kiliban (ForceGreeting): No, please halt! I'm done, I give up. Yes, we took your Bug Musk. I don't have it here, Cajan got it. I swear that's the truth. And it was Tarus who gave us money to take it. No, I can't proof it, but it's the truth, by Almsivi.
Cajan (accused him): Have you come to apologise? No, I didn't think so. Now clear off.
*...or...
Cajan (accused him): Sometimes irritating people comes to unpleasent ends. I find you very irritating, %PCName.
*...or...
Cajan (accused him): The deck can get very greasy sometimes, %PCName. You wouldn't want to trip and break your neck would you?
*...or...
Cajan (accused him): I have a strange feeling that you want me to nail your tongue to the roof of your mouth. Unless you clear off this boat, of course.
Cajan (ForceGreeting): Stop! I give up. Okay, you were right, Kiliban and I stole the Bug Musk, but it wasn't our idea! This company employee... Tarus, he asked us to do it and gave us some gold. Damn, I just don't have the evidence. There's the Bug Musk, but please don't call the guards. I promise I'll never steal from your company again.
Cajan (after fighting Kiliban, Disposition 70): You never seem to give up, huh? Okay, okay, [sighs] we did it. The company clerk, Tarus, paid us to steal some Bug Musk. He'd have got it later and paid the rest. It was a mistake, but it sounded too good. You can have the Bug Musk, maybe it's not to late confess. Sorry, that I can't give you any evidence though.
Tarus (after reporting him): So how'd you like it if I wandered around telling everyone you were a thief? I can tell you, it doesn't feel nice. But you're not going to make friends by slandering innocent colleagues. You don't even have a proof. Now get lost! I won't talk to you any longer

Topic discrepancies

Lorus (starts quest): Yes. I've just received the latest inventory figures, and if I'm not mistaken four bottles of Telvanni Bug Musk have vanished. It could be that they were sold and the paperwork wasn't filled in correctly, but I'd like to check. Telvanni Bug Musk is a good little earner for the company and I'd rather it didn't disappear from the warehouse.
Lorus (started): I won't accept any missing items in my records. Four bottles of Bug Musk may not sound like much, but they are East Empire Company property. It doesn't matter whether it's a bottle of Bug Musk or a chest full of raw ebony, as long as it is our property it must not disappear. The trust of our customers is our main capital.
Lorus (started, player member in Solstheim: I don't know how this is handled up there in Solstheim, but on the Mainland we don't accept disappearing property. It doesn't matter how insignificant or replaceable the item might be. Keep that in mind, %PCRank.
Lorus (player got bug musk): Very well done, %PCRank. You found our missing Bug Musk. Did you hand it over to Melia Floria? She will handle the required measures. Anyway, here is your reward, but before you go: you said the Bug Musk was stolen. Who was it?
Lorus (same, but Kiliban dead): I couldn't believe it when I heard one of our employees killed a sailor. Because the East Empire Company doesn't kill people! We're traders. If you intend to be successful in this company and not get fired soon, you must break this habit of killing people. Do you understand? So, at least you got our property back. May I ask from where?
Lorus (same, but Cajan dead): Do you retrieved our Telvanni Bug Musk? Good, that at least explains why I got reports of one of our employees killing a sailor. Let me make this clear: we do not kill anyone! We are a business company and not the Fighter's Guild. You want people killed? Go to the Fighter's Guild. Is that clear? You're new, so I'm not going to sanction you, but I'm not going to reward you either. By the way, where did you find the Bug Musk?
Lorus (same, both sailors dead): It's good for you that you found the missing Bug Musk, because I just had a very unpleasant conversation with the infuriated captain of a cargo ship. I had to apologize for an employee murdering his sailors. This is intolerable! You cannot kill people, certainly not in this company! If you go on like this, you have no future in this company. Do you have anything to say in your defence?
*...the player can now accuse the sailors or Tarus...
Lorus (sailors): Two sailors you say? I wonder what they had in mind. Sailors aren't normally among our customers and I can't imagine sailors using Telvanni Bug Musk. Maybe your next assignment sheds some light into this.
*...or...
Lorus (sailors, one or both dead): Please don't tell me you just killed the thieves. This is certainly not the way the East Empire Company handles business. We respect the law and support the law enforcement agencies. Normally I would sentence you to a seminar about proper behavior, but this certain assignment requires your attention right now.
*...or...
Lorus (Tarus): So, Tarus hired those sailors to steal our property? Do you have evidence? No, well in this case I take note of your accusation. And your next assignment seems to be exactly what we need to clarify that.
Lorus (afterwards, sailors dead): Don't even go there. I trust you learnt your lesson. East Empire Company employees do not go around murdering people.
Lorus (else): Thank you again for recovering the four missing bottles of Telvanni Bug Musk.
Lorus (if the player accused Tarus): Well, thanks to you, we got our property back. However, your next assignment is linked to this case though.