Author
Message This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
kingfish
Developer Emeritus
22 Nov 2003

while thinking about a new landscape i got an idea for script: a ferry from one river bank to another. don't know if it's possible, but it'd be cool if could hire a ferry to other side of a river and actually see the movement. it seems weird to me to do it as a regular ship transport with blackout and autosave for such a short distance and i don't like to have an expensive_to_build bridge in every middle of nowhere.
so, what do u think, is it at all possible?

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:47 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
evilgreebo
07 Dec 2003

Yes it can be done. You might want to get the fishing mod from here http://olek.ilovehost.com/MadMax/madmax.html and check out how he did the boat from Gnaar Mok.
Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:09 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
kingfish
Developer Emeritus
22 Nov 2003

thanx, din't try yet, but looks prety good
Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:30 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
sterio
02 Dec 2003

I don't know anything about scripting, but I just have to say: Great idea! Very useful...
Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:40 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Terrez
21 Aug 2003

Yes, that would be great! I was thinking of doing something like this for my river claim (3-15). In places the "river" is about 1 cell wide, and would be great to be able to signal the ferryman to come and get you, then travel across.

Cheers
Terrez.
Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:00 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Cep
14 Nov 2003

As I've mentioned in another thread Dragonsongs tutorial actually gives you a script to move an object in a straight line from one posistion to the other, and back again.
Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:08 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Garret Strife
19 Jan 2004

madmax used complex mathematical formula's in order to make the boat move in real time if you wanna understand the script i suggest you get JDGBOLT's guar riding mod unless your good at math Wink
Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:37 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group