N'wah Designs =)

Place where art is developed for our game.

Moderator: Lead Developers

N'wah

N'wah Designs =)

Post by N'wah »

just some dresses i sketched quickly... morrowind is sadly lacking in female clothing =/
any ideas for other dresses or clothing? would help extremely =)
Attachments
111aaaaaaaa.jpg
"You N'wah!"
dirnae
Developer

Post by dirnae »

lacking!?
i see you haven't searched round the thousands of armor and clothing mods out there

in TR and stock morrowind there is a lack, but with mods you get loads

dresses like that would require better bodies meshes, so it's not possible to do in TR, plus they would stick out like a saw thumb compared to all the other clothing we have at the moment

the drawings are great, but they're not possible in TR for morrowind, plus clothing is low priority compared to all the other stuff that needs modeling
Macar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Macar »

but, those are great drawings and really well designed peices.
NEW MEMBERS: I'm not with TR anymore, so please stop PMing me. Just post your sample work in the showcase.
[url=http://www.realmsofrenth.com][img]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3020/banner3er0.jpg[/img][/url]
Ter13

Post by Ter13 »

Unfortunately, dirnae, you don't notice one thing: That all female clothing and armor designs that I have seen (aside from the la femme armor) have created essentially, the same ebony and daedric thongs with different retextures.

Frankly, I hate BB. Simply because it doesn't fit with the graphical style of the game. Stock is just better, even if stock kind of sucks.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

That aside, Dirnae's post remains pretty much true.

Revealing female clothing is outside the remit of TR. Sorry. :P

But again, the concepts do show skill. If clothing is your thing, N'wah, you would probably do well to check around our Hammerfell based threads and see if anything is needed for Oblivion in terms of clothing. I'm sure.

If you're determined to work on Morrowind, then Houses Indoril and Dres should technically have their own expensive and extravangant clothing, so some concepts in line with Bethesda's work there (the clothes with _r/t/h suffixes) is probably the most 'useful' thing you might do for Morrowind. Can't guarantee it'd ever get modeled, but it would be useful to have in the back pocket...
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
dirnae
Developer

Post by dirnae »

Ter13 wrote:Unfortunately, dirnae, you don't notice one thing: That all female clothing and armor designs that I have seen (aside from the la femme armor) have created essentially, the same ebony and daedric thongs with different retextures.

Frankly, I hate BB. Simply because it doesn't fit with the graphical style of the game. Stock is just better, even if stock kind of sucks.
Not all female clothing is like that, though i will admit that a lot of it is (not that it bothers me, i always play a male character)
I always use BB myself, not because i think it's great, but because i find it slightly better than stock bodies, and i haven't got the skills myself to make new textures for them to suit my own tastes

anyway, the drawings are very skillfull, you should definitely keep doing concept art, i was just informing you that the style of them is not really possible for morrowind, with the limitations of applying armors to bodies and all
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

You'll find for the most part with the TES universe that it is highly misogynist and objectifying of women's beauty, except where clothes are concerned, at which point it's laziness on Bethesda's part to truly flesh out the feminine.
Myzel
Developer Emeritus

Post by Myzel »

The dress in the center looks amazing. No model in Morrowind can ever do it justice, but I think it would be possible to use the design. If better bodies meshes can't be used then it will be pretty much impossible to design feminine clothes for Morrowind though.

I do hope you'll make some designs for Hammerfell because I'm quite impressed by this piece of art.
Myzel's Art gallery: [url]http://themyzel.deviantart.com/[/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

What they said. Those sketches are very nice, and we'd love to see more.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
N'wah

Post by N'wah »

haha, thanks for the advice =) these were simply ideas that i didnt expect to be moddled, just needed some critical advice =)

yeah, i know TR isnt better bodies orientated >.< and your right, i havent searched the thousands of clothing mods as im a bit traditional im afraid.. i usually add mods that add to the lore and etc =)

ill work on some hammerfall sketches instead =)
"You N'wah!"
Macar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Macar »

Did I miss something? How is the center dress revealing?
You'll find for the most part with the TES universe that it is highly misogynist and objectifying of women's beauty, except where clothes are concerned, at which point it's laziness on Bethesda's part to truly flesh out the feminine.
Hemi, if that was comming from anyone but you I'd assume the person was full of it. I'd be interested to know what you are reffering to- if you could PM me.
NEW MEMBERS: I'm not with TR anymore, so please stop PMing me. Just post your sample work in the showcase.
[url=http://www.realmsofrenth.com][img]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3020/banner3er0.jpg[/img][/url]
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

nah hes pretty much full of it
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Macar wrote:Did I miss something? How is the center dress revealing?
'Revealing' in the sense of 'reveals any skin at all', which Morrowind cannot handle. The 'u-neck' reveals too much skin for it to be a plausible clothing item for Morrowind.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Macar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Macar »

oh yeah, boy am I out of touch :P
N'wah

Post by N'wah »

lol... might just have to say again, but this dress was never sketched with the intention of being modelled ^.- just needed critique on the concept, etc =)
"You N'wah!"
greendogo
TR Tester

Post by greendogo »

I might be missing something here, but, even if there are a plethora of female clothing mods, how exactly does that solve TR's lack of unique clothing problem?

Shouldn't TR come packaged with everything needed to believe you are in the mainland of Morrowind?

Also, why do you guys always try to move all the skilled people over to Hammerfell? I know the answer, but ugh. Morrowind is being affected by brain drain. I guess HF pays better.

Anyway, I love the concepts, but I agree that they wouldn't really be doable without BB. However, I understand that they're sketches/concepts and they'd have to be altered a bit to fit on a vanilla body. I think the style is the most important aspect of clothing concepts. So if you'd still like to take a crack at Dres Clothing, I'd be more than obliged to worship the ground you walk on.
Gentlemen, start your striders:
[url]http://tristikov.deviantart.com/art/G-Dunmer-wit-Siltstridaz-dawg-28071455[/url]
hmmmm... I should have looked at this guys DA gallery before posting a link to it... he likes horses... a little too much
NexUmMonastica
Developer

Post by NexUmMonastica »

Concept art is the foundation of modeling in 3d. If you are looking to become a modder in concept art I suggest you sketch with modeling in mind: There certainly will be more pertinent things to critique. Excellent drawing!
...killing a six-pack of beer just to watch it die.

"you are awesome... become female so you can bear my children "
"This has been a known occurrence for years. We will not fix it." - Thriggy
"Anal crits are my specialty..." N
N'wah

Post by N'wah »

Some more quick sketches of clothing ideas... commoner clothig to be precise... ideas for any modders =)
critque on how i can adjust the style would be vastly helpful!

Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
"You N'wah!"
Myzel
Developer Emeritus

Post by Myzel »

Hello N'wah (hmm, I almost feel uncomfortable calling you that). Glad you decided to do some more sketches. Looks really good. :D
I love the left-most design, as well as the left colored one. Top one looks nice too.
Are they meant for Morrowind or Hammerfell? I think some of them may just fit in either province.
Myzel's Art gallery: [url]http://themyzel.deviantart.com/[/url]
Night0205

Post by Night0205 »

N'wah you are really good at this. I hope TR keeps you around. Hopefully they give you direction in terms of what they want, need. Keep it up.
N'wah

Post by N'wah »

Thanks myzel =) dont worry, i wouldnt have named myself such if i wasnt prepared to be insulted! these clothes were meant to be misc as such, for either one, but ill start a sketchdump of some hammerfall clothes as my next project =)
and thanks Night! =)
"You N'wah!"
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

I think Myzel made a point here, these designs, most of them have a very Hammerfellian feel about them. especially the ones with the cross/fold-over clothing style.

Eitherway you have some nice interesting designs there.
Dexter (on IAS): "Since when do you need to be able to do backflips to dig holes?" Fri 29 Jul, 2005 3:57:03
Sload (on Narsis): "Jesus Christ, I wonder why there was lag when you had an 80,000 face gazebo." Thu 09 Apr, 2009 11:46:33