Map 3 detailing 5

Claimed Exteriors are found here. Please post your progress here.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Can I have a bite at this one. Tho I get the picture pretty clear I like to know if there is something else need to know then fixing floaters, riviers and stuff. It's is my first detailing claim...
--Mwgek--
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Sure, granted!

Read this thread:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=17473

It's the Map 2 Detailing Area 9 thread, and skimming through that should give you an idea as of what detailing these claims means...
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Ok, so everything I change should be added in the above file. I don't have to make a separate .esp? Will begin with this shortly..
--Mwgek--
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

I might add that a path runs through your claim from the western coast of Map 2. However, the path does not continue into Map 3. It should run along the coast to Darnim Watch. You should download this file to see where the path should go from. (The A4S file)

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=252707#252707
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Ok, thanks for mentioning. I wil look into that. I started clearing the rivier that runs through the middle of my claim. After that I started detailing the new for land so it melts in the landscape... Which, I might add, is at some places very hard. But i will work it out.

Going to give another crack at the claim this evening.
--Mwgek--
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Did some more work at this claim. A lot of swampy swampy here. I got a question about what the lore is on Dernim Watch. We got some sort of treehouse and some other weird stuff going on there. Any specifics about the place that needs to be removed or added?
--Mwgek--
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Darnim should have "Watch" removed from its name. Also, what weird stuff, and what tree house?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

I will get some screens up later today.
--Mwgek--
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Here are the Darnim screens:

1:Treehouse?
[url=http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3688/darnim1gh8.jpg][img]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3688/darnim1gh8.th.jpg[/img][/url]

2:st. statue?
[url=http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2448/darnim2cz5.jpg][img]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2448/darnim2cz5.th.jpg[/img][/url]

3:Burialspot?
[url=http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2238/darnim3ps6.jpg][img]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2238/darnim3ps6.th.jpg[/img][/url]

4:Waterfalls in muckponts?
[url=http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/979/darnim4uu1.jpg][img]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/979/darnim4uu1.th.jpg[/img][/url]

UPDATE: Did some further adjustment. But it is really a lot of work on some areas...
--Mwgek--
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

there is no models for that treehouse interior, so i think it should go. i'd ditch the burrialspot, it has shady lore suport at best and has no equivalent in the rest of the world. the waterfalls and statue strike me as a bit odd but i have no real problem with them.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

If you replace the tree with some rocks, it should be fine, but Lady N is right, there's no such mesh for the tree's interior. I like the walkway though.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I say removed all 4
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Personally I like the Saint statue. Adds a little local flavour to what is otherwise just 'umpteenth shack village'.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:Personally I like the Saint statue. Adds a little local flavour to what is otherwise just 'umpteenth shack village'.
my point exactly. you need some way of making this village memorable, whether it is a statue or something else.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

except the dunmer aren't generally big on statues, and wouldn't place one in a middle of no where shack village.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Keep the statue, but the tree house should go and so should the burial spot. When you said tree house I thought you meant a house raised up in a tree. Dunmer are very religious so having a small statue in a Dunmer village is very sensible.
Last edited by Haplo on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Haplo wrote:Dunmer are very religious so having a small statue in a Dunmer village is very sensible.
its not a small statue, and while they are very religious, they don't throw statues around willy nilly. How many statues do you remember on Vvard?

Muck forms on stagnated water, which water being hit by a waterfall and flowing out into another water fall most decidedly is not.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

I was more on the tour of going to remove all the scenes too. But I'm not yet working on the cell so you can still make up your minds ;)..

No progress since last report.
--Mwgek--
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:Muck forms on stagnated water, which water being hit by a waterfall and flowing out into another water fall most decidedly is not.
Yeah that's particularly awful. I almost cried when I saw it. Algae doesn't develop on fast flowing bodies of water. Anything with big water cascades is fast flowing almost by definition.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Tree-house: it's cute, and could be kept by having the door be blocked (they're a shack or mine with a blocked door somewhere in Vvardenfell). I also think I see how an interior could be made for it, since it couldn't be big anyway. It would probably just be a pit leading to a cave, and the pit part could be made with planks and other static elements.

Statue in village: replace it with a shrine, like the shrine at the Field of Kummu.

Burial spot: the Dunmer do not burry their dead, so drop it unless you can come up with a real good backstory for it...

Muckponds with waterfalls: remove them.
Chin Music
Developer

Post by Chin Music »

While I'm not really in any position to go around making decisions, I like the saint statue, but everything else doesn't really make sense. I don't feel the statue looks out of place or doesn't make sense, it's just... nice.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

If it helps, there is a interior ('Baan Urlai')nearby that plays heavily in the Gospel of St. Delyn (the particular statue in town).
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

if there is a potential pilgrimage site nearby then definitely replace the statue with a shrine.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Wouldn't the shrine be at the site?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

No. Perhaps this is where he stood when St. Delyn spoke to the scribs.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

You could scale the statue down in size so that it is more of a figurine.

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

For the record, there is a sculptor in Darnim who might have made a statue for the town. He certainly does make large statues, as you'll see if you enter his shack. :wink:
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Little progress.. Nothing much to talk about. Hope to get more free time soon to knock a large chunk off this claim.
--Mwgek--
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Did some work on the claim just now. I expect to have more time next week and come up with my first WIP. So stay tuned ;).
--Mwgek--
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Please see MMMowSkwoz' last post in this thread immediately, before you use the save your progress using the latest TR_Data:

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21429&start=80

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

the shrine thing is a good idea i cant believe anyone argued for the statue staying there you guys come on its a shack village
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

If you've already saved your file with the most recent version of TR_Data (1st March), the replacement is slightly more complicated:

- Download the TR_Data_intermediate.esm from the other thread and rename it TR_Data
- Locate the last backup you made which was dependent on the old TR_Data (January)
- Open this file using the version of TR_Data you just downloaded
- Find all references of any Yilgamseh books in your claim region. Note down their locations and which book it was
- Now close the CS, remove the version of TR_Data you just downloaded
- Open up your most recent file using the most recent version of TR_Data
- Go to each of the locations where a Yilgamseh book was removed (the ones you noted down) and fill the gap with the appropriate Gospel (see list in other thread).

You only need to do this if you've already saved your file with the newest TR_Data loaded. If you haven't done this, please follow the instructions in the other thread.

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21429&start=80]>Other thread<[/url]

Sorry about this.
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Hmmm,

Can't seem to get any free time to get a big chunk of this claim. Did some minor changes but nothing noteworthy... Will look into that error this week. Will let you guys no if I get it fixed ^^.
--Mwgek--
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Can't get anything done on this due to schoolwork etc. If someone else want to give it a shot, go ahead!

Sorry for the inconvinience (or however you write that ;))
--Mwgek--
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I'd like to claim this if I may. I am perfectly capable of doing so.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Please wait until we revoke things to claim them.

MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

If this is revoked, could I steal it very briefly to do/check the Yilgamseh fix?
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Once Mwgek uploads his latest WIP file, MowSkwoz should download it and do the Yilgamseh fix, then upload a fixed file, at which point this will be available for claiming.

RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

I need to look into this claim at some stage as well, Its bordering on my claim and I wanted to do a check on how well the borders currently match.

Its not urgent, but I want to look at it soonish.
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Will upload when I get home. Although there isn't much done... Still needs most of the work done.
--Mwgek--