Map 3 detailing 5

Claimed Exteriors are found here. Please post your progress here.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

New WIP file. Been swamping.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

[url=http://img79.imageshack.us/i/aevensthing1.png/][img]http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/3766/aevensthing1.th.png[/img][/url]
This is what I was on about, Aeven. The dark patches are probably supposed to be the shadows of trees or something, but I think they look weird.

More commentary upcoming...
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Is that green vertex shading I see?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Yes, and it's old and too extreme, and now fixed :) I've done further swamping, but nothing to warrant a new WIP file.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

btw how did that merging of the 3-8 claim (19, -18 ) I sent you go?
Dexter (on IAS): "Since when do you need to be able to do backflips to dig holes?" Fri 29 Jul, 2005 3:57:03
Sload (on Narsis): "Jesus Christ, I wonder why there was lag when you had an 80,000 face gazebo." Thu 09 Apr, 2009 11:46:33
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

It went just fine thanks :)
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

ZOMG COMPLESHUN!

Unless I get to add a couple of tombs, otherwise this is done.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

You finished detailing the whole claim? :|
Dexter (on IAS): "Since when do you need to be able to do backflips to dig holes?" Fri 29 Jul, 2005 3:57:03
Sload (on Narsis): "Jesus Christ, I wonder why there was lag when you had an 80,000 face gazebo." Thu 09 Apr, 2009 11:46:33
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Well, I think so. If anyone finds things they think needs doing still, they can tell me.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

I don't know how helpful this will be, but I did a (very) quick run through using the beta comments system, and found some errors and stuff. Here's the text file:
Attachments
Betacomment.txt
(1.82 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Thanks for that, I'll take a look and fix stuff.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

The transition between Ashlands and WG textures in cell (21,-22) could use a bit of vertex shading to lessen the transition shock. Likewise, in cell (19,-21) the transition between the swamp and that bit of WG that sticks into the cell could use a bit of vertex shading on the edge as well.

Cell (26,-20) only has 48 references, and looks a little bare. Cell (26,-18) could use some more cluttering as well.

Where the swamp meets GL area in cells (23,-18) - (24,-18) and (23,-17) - (24,-17) the switch is very sudden and obvious, like going from cell to cell. Do you think you could make it less of a straight vertical line, like how it's done in cells (23,-16) to (24,-16)?

The doormarker coming out from i3-481 needs to be moved away from the door a bit.

Overall this looks really really good, nice work Aeven :-)

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Thanks for the comments. Will look at them tomorrow (today, but sleep first ;) )

I'll fix and adjust what was said. Feel free to offer any further suggestions.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Also feel free to create new interior entrances anywhere they are needed. There should be one every 4 or so cells.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I don't see the road which I requested. I hope I was clear enough last time.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

That's because I have no idea where it should go, and where the two would meet, what texture etc. Perhaps this is best after merging.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

There is some kind of crossroad at 22,-23. The road can start from that crossroad with it's original texture and go southwest or south, but not southeast. If you would have drawn this road, i could have drawn the rest of the road. It's about you start and when you're finished I'll begin with my part.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Added the road, hope it suits your needs
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Thank you for the road, but i have 2 remarks:
1. I asked that the road go qouth or southwest, but this one is going southeast. It's no disaster, but you don't have to change this (unless you want it).
2. Ther are some txture seams near the road. I think you know what I mean?
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Oh right. Stupid me.

I like how it goes now though, and if it isn't too big a problem, I'd like it to stay this way. I can change it if you want. The texture seams are probably on the edge, coming from the land_default texture also bordering it. I think it's gone upon merge. Unless I'm mistaken.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Well there's a bit of texture seam on the east edge of the road, on the WG texture underneath the terrain_rock_wg_16 at 185733, -186307, 156... and the flora_tree_ai_01 at 183479, -183791, 569 is floating.

The vertex shading on the east edge of the road around that flora_grass_02 sitting at 183680, -184523, 256 needs to be more on the edge; it's almost as if you shaded the middle of the road instead of the edge.

Also, that stretch of WG texture shooting west off the road halfway down the cell looks kind of odd, is it supposed to be a path offshoot, or what?

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Done. Off to review time I think.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Moved to Reviewing.

Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I'll get to this after Necrom.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Note that the missing interiors are in the making, review, or have yet to be created as claims.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

No problem. It's the exterior I'm concerned about anyway. Linking interiors can be done later if it's not finished yet. This still needs NPCs and dialogue added after all so it's not as though we don't have time.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: - removed lamp posts from bridge outside Merelag, its too far from town to warrant lighting, especially the number used

- removed a lot of container type plants from grazelands type area, large numbers of container plants slow down fps *more might have to be removed if problem persists for other people*

- lowered kelp, it shouldn't stick out of water

- fixed various floating statics, rock and plants blah blah blah

Comments It's a great landscape. Really, the word I want to use is "lush" its superbly detailed and feels very natural.

use file below to whatever end you choose
Rating 9/10

blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

This claim doens't border well with m2a4, especially at 23,-16
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I'll load it with map2 and make those changes then.

edit: Since im moving back to school Saturday I probably wont actually sit down to start this until sometime next week. This goes for everything else I have on my plate right now. Blackbird's claim, my claim, and I'm not reviewing Swifty's claim again until he finishes it or somebody else tells me to.

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Please try to match the terrain on the north to GL plains in M2D4s (close to the shore), not to Kebra's M2D8s - GL/AI/WG/BC foresty spires - they will come through reconstruction to look a little bit more like M2D4s.
THEO
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

BTW, Tyrion, Blackbird doesn't mean 'Map 2' as in the map we've released publicly, he means the bits that were chopped off and moved to Map 3. (e.g. Akamora, Ayemar etc.)

Anyway, I was just scooting around this claim combined with Nomadic's and Blackbird's and you guys have done absolutely stellar work here. The very good (for the most part) border matching is really quite impressive. With a few additional statics and some tweaked textures and shading of a minor nature, they will be practically seamless.

In particular, I am a huge fan of the walk from Merelag to Almalexia. It would probably look 1000x awesome if someone did it with MGE. It was already pretty stunning with the standard Morrowind fog of war, albeit with a few too many rocks in the path and some notable floaters. ;) With a little bit of work, it could be really awesome (though this is mostly in Blackbird's claim, so dunno why I'm posting here :P)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I meant the old map 2 where Ayemar lies.
@ BC: The borders matching was already good. I didn't have to change them much, with a few road exceptions.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Having wandered a bit further, the areas in this claim around the exit from Mansurabi, North Tunnels, and north of the entrance to Mansurabi, Falls could do with some touching up. They seem a bit aimless, and filled with largely random rocks and plants. If Aeven has the time, a critical look over this section (the non-swampy bits) would be worth it, I think.

(Sorry for all this opinion regarding exteriors - I'm just having a lot of fun roaming around these)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Duly noted.

My internet connection sucks (and won't allow me on irc WTF?) and I'm getting swamped with studying so I'm doing what I can when I can. Hopefully I get a break this weekend.

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

If I did have the time, I'd be happy to do so. However, I don't have any access to the CS for the next couple of weeks (even more weeks than before).
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

As I've been back for some time, and itching for exterior work, if those fixes need doing, I can do them, or let the Grand Land Stitcher do it.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

You should fix these errors if you can.

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Done some minor fixes as suggested.

Concerning the northern border of this: it would be a lot easier to modify the Map 2 D4, simply because it contains a lot less statics and has nothing of note, this not being true for the stuff in Map 3 D5. The height difference is rather big, and to adjust all kinds of stuff in this is a big job, but the adjusting of the Map 2 piece (which was moved to Map 3 regardless) should be relatively easy. If needed I could do that at a later stage when everything is merged, but changing my claim is probably not the best choice.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

blackbird asked me to add several signposts, which I did. There's also one for Seyda Vano, but it only activates once stronghold Stage 1 is reached. I merely attached the Strong1 script. If it's wrong, replace it when NPCing is done. If it's a bad idea, just remove it.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Thanks for the updates, Aeven.