Introduce yourself!

Miscellaneous non-TR related discussion.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

anymore? you're even fuzzywuzzier than i appear to be
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
GeneralArrow

Hey, I'm new! o.O.

Post by GeneralArrow »

Hey everyone, I'm new to the Tamriel Rebuilt site, I came across it while I was searching for information on a possible Elder Scrolls 5, and man am I glad that I've found you guys.
I have a serious interest in modding, but haven't figured out how to go about it. I'm better with the camera than I am with the pen. Though I'm an student at a local community college working on a computing degree(not to sound arrogant). Wish I could help you guys out in someway, or learn to be useful. Hoping to meet many good people.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Welcome welcome, we have plenty of tutorials to turn your serious interest into serious modding if you check our main page. Please resize your avatar though, or I will have to delete it.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
GeneralArrow

Post by GeneralArrow »

Great! I'll be sure to poor through all of them. Sorry about the avy...I'm so used to the auto size that a lot of sites have.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

we don't gots non of that thar fancy technology budjit round these parts. We blew all of our intelligent website design on the claims browser. (totally worth it)
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Myzel
Developer Emeritus

Post by Myzel »

Maybe I should chip in too.

My name is Mark, and just like a surprising amount of other members I'm Dutch. I study history in Nijmegen, mainly interested in ancient history and the history of mentality and ideas.
I like drawing things, reading things, listening to things and watching things, and have a bunch of other interests too. I will be extatic when I finally fully recover from this annoying surgical wound and can resume aikido practice. I also know exactly what 'rapalje' means.
Myzel's Art gallery: [url]http://themyzel.deviantart.com/[/url]
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

I find it interesting to see how many people in here are from a historical persuasion or have a love of history. It seems history and the fantasy world we are messing around with go hand-in-hand.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

As always, I'm late to the party.

My real name is Adriaan, but in RL I'm called Daan. Like a shocking amount of people at this US-based project, I'm Dutch. I lived in Asia (Hong Kong twice and Singapore in between) from the day I turned 4 (literally) until April 2004, when I moved back to the Netherlands. I then lived in the south, and coming from the northernmost province, it felt like a foreign country too, except I speak the language. Now I live in Hilversum, the media city where all major television is made, and it's very close to Amsterdam so that's fun :D

I enjoy history and politics a lot, and have a love for travelling to exotic locations, which my parents don't share, so I have to wait :(
Wingate

NEW GUY HERE!

Post by Wingate »

Hey, I'm new to this place, but I've been a huge fan of Tamriel Rebuilt for at least a good year and a half.

I'm a broke'ish college student in Cincinnati, Ohio right now, with English as a major.

I've really been wanting to help out with this project since I first found it's mod on planet elder scrolls (i think that was the site), but assumed you guys were either full or required just programmers/modders and the like. Then I got into lurking around in the forums a few months back and saw I could contribute in other ways.

I'm an aspiring writer of sorts. So, if there is any help being sought out for quest writing, pieces of literature (books, journal entries, etc) or npc dialogue, just point me in the right place and I'd be glad to help. I'm just not too good at proofreading my own writing - though I've come to believe that not many people in this world actually are good at that.

Also, I like to draw a lot in my spare time. So, any sort of concept that's needed I could probably help in that area, too.
There are three kinds of people in this world: Those who can count and those who can't.
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Hey Wingate and welcome to the Mod. For concept art simply go to the concept art section and look into our FCG's (Focused Concept Groups) which we put specific items that need conceptualizing. Feel free to look at the other concepts and draw away. We are currently working on Mushroom concepts for a mushroom forest.

Also you may want to take a crack at the CS and learn how to mod. I too am just a college student and I picked up interior modding just a short while ago using the tutorials found on this very site and am now an interior modder on the project.

The litterary department is a bit murky for me and I'm not sure exactly what the process is there so you may want to PM the proper admin for writing. Anyways enjoy the forums and Happy Modding.
Wingate

Post by Wingate »

Thnx, Samir. I've posted in the concept art thread you mentioned, though my idea wasn't as grand as I thought it could be ( :oops: oh well). I still wish to help, even in concept art.

Also, I shall pm the admin for literature (Nanu, correct?) sometime today'sh if my nieces that I'll babysit that night won't wear me down. :P

I've also opened up the CS - for the first time, mind you - and it seems pretty complicated. Still, though, if modders are needed more than say writers and artists, I'd be glad to learn how to use it in the spare time I get.
There are three kinds of people in this world: Those who can count and those who can't.
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

The CS seems more complicated than it is. Just look at the tutorials on this site and you should be able to get the hang of it in no time.
keres

Post by keres »

Hi, my real name is Thomas Havlik. I'm nineteen years old and make my money off contract labor and web design (lol). I've got an extensive history with modeling/mapping/coding/textures for freeware FPS games in the past, and have recently come back to gaming from a break to focus on my two death metal bands. In one band I play drums, in another I do vocals. Website is http://keres.satgnu.net where I only have a couple works for my portfolio.

I started modding Morrowind when I was 13, then stopped when I was frustrated that I could not model back then.

After Oblivion came out, my skills in modeling were better. Now I'm looking to get back into the modding community.

Too bad this game isn't online. I would never leave my desk if it was...
Wingate

Post by Wingate »

Welcome. I'm also new.

From what I've heard, there IS an online-capable mod for morrowind. I don't know much about the quality of it, though.
keres

Post by keres »

I'm not to keen on the gameplay and graphics of Morrowind anymore (though it is more elaborate than oblivion)

Oblivion Online is completely bug ridden :( If I was better at net programming I'd lend a hand but I am focusing more on art right now.
Drift3r

Post by Drift3r »

hey im Drift3r..
well my real names Travis a 17 yr old minnesotan.. lol I found this game when i was 10, my frien told me about it and ive been playing it since. recently getting involved with modding and find the love of exteriors to be never ending XD haha..i have been adept at drawing and have done grafitti many years and even played D&D (the paper and book version) so i became very imaginative from that and have found drawing armor and such enthralling also...
Last edited by Drift3r on Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Look I'm pulling a Night0205 and doubleposting!" -Haplo
Bufhimat

Post by Bufhimat »

Hey everyone. My name is James.

I've been a fan of Morrowind since it came out, first played on the xbox and then I played nearly the whole vanilla game about three or four years ago (back then all I spent my time doing was playing Morrowind and watching Star Trek lol).
Just recently reinstalled it again and this time I started looking at the various mods out there as well.

I've done some modding in the past, mostly just built a few houses to keep the massive wealth I had accumulated. I started building a little town eventually because I had too much stuff for just one or two houses to hold. I stopped playing before I finished that town though.

Anyway I'm working on a showcase here now because I really enjoyed putting that little town together, and this project is pretty immense and something I'd like to be part of.

Other than Morrowind, I work at a callcenter doing tier 2 tech support for various cable internet companies. I'm 25 and I live with my girlfriend of two years. I'm interested in making movies but I think I'm going to focus on IT and networking for a few years.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Aha, you are that new face in the IRC channel. Welcome to the project, we're glad to have you. (and everyone else who has posted and not got some sort of response. I've been a bit distracted lately)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bufhimat

Post by Bufhimat »

Yeah, I've been lurking for the last week or so. I've learned a great deal just by reading the other showcase threads here.
When I learned about this project, I was pretty excited about it. But judging by how long it's taking me just to put together my showcase, I'm not sure how much work I'd actually be able to do. Maybe only a couple claims lol.
Ygern

Post by Ygern »

Hi everyone! I just installed TR this evening, and I'm already blown away by this amazing mod. It's incredibly well done, full of imagination, attention to detail, carefully sensitive to lore, loads of beautifully designed new lands and interesting NPCs. And I have only been in Firewatch for a few hours.

I love this mod already. I can only imagine the hundreds of hours put in by dedicated & super-talented modders. Congratulations! This is truly a masterpiece mod.
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Why thank you, we enjoy praise being lavished upon us. I must say though that you ain't seen nothin yet.

Oh, and welcome to TR. Feel free to try and add to the mod yourself by creating a showcase in our showcase forum. If you don't know how to mod look in out tutorials for some quick help.
Neo

Post by Neo »

hey dont know if i should be writing this because this thread hasn't been used in over 2 months but im Neo and basically im a 16 year old kid in montana that loves morrowind and felt oblivion was completely terrible for some reason (sorry for any offense). i mod a bit and am just getting pretty good at it. im currently working on a mod that add's houses to seyda neen but on a huge scale and am about halfway done. i would love to mod for TR but am afraid that i wouldnt be up to the task. anyway morrowind has by far the best community of modders than any other game :) you guys are my hereo's lol
me: Whats that dunmer doing over there?
Fargoth: you don't want to know but im pretty sure that's my ring
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

This thread was used two days ago...unless this post was moved... Anyways welcome to the forums. Enjoy :)
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

A thread like this is not subject to necromancy rules as long as the bump is a person introducing themself.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Neo

Post by Neo »

oh lol it seems i ws on page 1 ha anyway yea i love the mods you guys have put out and i hope one day i can help you guys out in making some of them
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

and felt oblivion was completely terrible for some reason
Why does that have such a familiar ring?
Exactly, Morrowind is so much better. It is a true RPG. oh god I've seen so many people on other forums who don't understand that Morrowind rulez! 8) :tongue:
(and also I prefer Morrowind because Scamps were less ugly in Oblivion and didn't feel like the traditional Scamp at all! :))
Yaihh Scamps!!

OH, and welcome to TR btw! :D :banana: :P
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Neo

Post by Neo »

thanks scamp :) i just thought oblivion was way to easy in a sense that everybody already knows who you are and stats are leveled up way to easy i just hated it. although i did t=like the endless view :) and ive been playin TR maps sinse tuesday and they rock amazingly
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

endless view
Really, really try the Morrowind Graphic Extender (MGE). You can set the distant land to more than 120 cells!! IMO that's a must for TR, especially when standing at the top of a ledge in Roth Rotryn and looking at Old Ebnonheart :wink: 8)
Most people like Oblivion because of its graphics. If you use MGE, you can make MW even look better! just wanted to mention that, for all the people who prefer Oblivion because of its graphics). I played Oblivion with high resolution and highest graphic settings, and I found it worse in comparison.

Yeah, the easiness was indeed one of the factors that bugged me. I also find the main quest and story somewhat crappy. Morrowind had an awesome story, with lots of background information and was greatly implemented.
I'm not saying Oblivion was bad - far from it!!! It was a great game. But Morrwind was ... far better. :banana: :words:

I've said enough, I guess. We're going off-topic I suppose.
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hi my name is Tyler and I'm an alcoholic.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Neo

Post by Neo »

lol sounds familiar for some reason ha
Kiteflyer61
Developer

Post by Kiteflyer61 »

AA bit too familiar. :D
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt!
"Tis easy enough to be pleasant,
when life flows along like a song;
but the person worth while
is the one who will smile
when everything goes dead wrong."
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nativeman
Location: Stuck in the backseat of a Mazerati in the middle of nowhere

Ridiculous Introduction

Post by Nativeman »

Hi. My name is Zach Freeman and I'm in your life.

I go by Nativeman on the forums, partially because it's what I am (kind of) in America, but mostly because it's the name I used long ago on Runecape. I'm 14, I live in Southern California, I like fishing, target shooting, swimming, the tabletop wargame Warhammer 40K, and, of course, The Elder Scrolls.

I wear a boonie hat. I have a girlfriend that was hated for whatever reason by my friends at the Christian school I went to for two years, but is widely accepted by my friends at the public school (I'll take a serving of irony with a side dish of why the hell do I have friends like that, please). My mother's father served in the air force for 25 years and survived Korea and Vietnam. My father's father served three years in the navy during WWII.

One last addendum for all those who didn't catch on: I am male. There. Me in a nutshell. Enjoy.

Nativeman
"The Guide says there's an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
- Ford Prefect, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, book 4: So Long and Thanks for all the Fish, 1984
PoisonUnagi

Post by PoisonUnagi »

I'm PoisonUnagi (Eddie IRL), I'm a budding modder, I've worked on modding several other games and have used a couple programming languages, I'm 14 years old, have literature skills that I might help TR with (absolutely amazing mod, by the way), and obviously, am a Morrowind enthusiast. :D

Need I say more?
MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

My name is Elfonz...I'm a millionaire with a yacht.

My name is Sam and I'm 17 years old. I like cats - my family has 2 and I have one kitten called [url=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs473.snc3/25916_362151187726_617287726_4196393_3344794_n.jpg]Calcifer[/url]. He gets all the girls. I like Kit-kats - at the moment I have tried a total of 28 different varieties from all over the world. I'm a huge music fan, having played the violin for just over 11 years and learnt the cello a couple of weeks ago (picked it up and BAM. Mary had a Little Lamb). Bam and Lamb rhyme...just an FYI. My favourite bands being bond, VAST, Coldplay, Muse and I love soundtrack music (it's my favourite). I used to be a pretty hardcore swimmer, but have recently given up because I'm sick of losing everything by .00003 of a second. I love food, with my favourites being Kit-kats, Steak Bacon Cheese pies and Double Quarter Pounder Meals from McDonalds. I frequently go off on random tangents also. I like reading and movies too.

I'm also a huge fan of Cirque du Soleil (namely the music) and I am currently a moderator for [url=http://cirquetribune.com/forum]The Cirque Tribune[/url], the largest Cirque du Soleil fan forum on the internet. I'm currently studying to achieve a Certificate III in Live Production Theatre & Events (Technical Operations), and next year I hope to undertake a Bachelor in Fine Arts in Acting. I know I will get in, since confidence is the key. D:

I've been playing Morrowind on/off for about 8 years now. It's the only game I make time to play twice, and I'll never get tired of it. I'm also usually pretty sarcastic, rude and brutally honest - but I'm not going to be like that for a while since I need to make sure some people like me to start with. =P
"Thank you to the Makers of Rules. To the Breakers of Backs. To the sincere Autocrats. To the false Democrats. To the Builders of Walls. To the Painters of Lines. To those who Tattoo Numbers. To those who point fingers. To those who count their greed. To those who split by colour. To those who smile their lies.

Thank you so very much."
Almilexia

Almilexia has arrived

Post by Almilexia »

Hi, I'm Almilexia and I'm new here. I hope you guys don't hate me, when I admit that I have played Oblivion for some time before, but I don't liked it so much. Now I have the Goty Edition of Morrowind and I just completed the main quest.

I have also tryed the construction set yet and I've become pretty good at making exteriors. I have worked with photoshop a while now and a friend of mine showed me a little bit of blander.

Tada... :)

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/3170/tamrielrebuild.jpg

I'm know it's not that pretty, but I just began with learning blander two weeks ago. :(

Oh yes, I almost forgot why I has come here, hehe. I was told that Tamriel Rebuild is the very best mod of them all and I wanted to ask, if I can be in your team? Pleeeeease don't say NO!!! :banana:
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Show your skills at the showcase subforum and someone will review you!
Myzel
Developer Emeritus

Post by Myzel »

Welcome, Almilexia. Nobody is going to hate you for playing oblivion. Hell, we'd been modding it for years until recently.

If you want to join the team, you'll have to start a thread in the showcase section and post some of your work. If you want to make exteriors, you should build a small island (6 cells I believe) which someone will review. The showcase is about improving your skills (and learning TR's quality standards) until an admin says you're ready to work for the team.
Myzel's Art gallery: [url]http://themyzel.deviantart.com/[/url]
Travisgatlin

Post by Travisgatlin »

Im Travis Gatlin, Ive Been Modding For About 2 or 3 months, im good at making weapons, i have about a year and a half of modeling experience im blender, i am currently working on Hammerfell, a mod for oblivion, though the stage is just begining, i hope to have it done it about a year or so. if anyone happens to have a heightmap for hammerfell please contact me at Travisgatlin53@yahoo.com and attach the heightmap. if you want coders, modders, and modelers go to thegamecreators.com. they are a terrific forum with lots of people that are willing to help you with problems. If you need anything just email or PM me then i will do all i can to help.
Current Project: Hammerfell, A fully accurate mod that give you the whole province to roam and do missions for. Current Status: Just Beginning
YanShun

Post by YanShun »

Just figured out there was a presentation topic.

My real name is Yannick, I'm nearly 25 and I'm French. Don't worry I'm not planning to go on strike though ahah.
I'd probably be a modder if I had more time and/or talent but I love Morrowind and drawing. That should probably make me a CA.
Jonaman8
Developer

Post by Jonaman8 »

I'm Jonaman8, it was my nickname from the time I played Runescape, and now I'm using it for everything. I tried using other nicknames, but I always forgot them, so I'm sticking to this one. My real name is Jonas, I'm 15 years old (updating it every year, so no need to calculate) and I live in Belgium (that tiny little country south of The Netherlands, west of Germany, north of France, east of the UK and north-west of Luxemburg (or whatever the English name is)). I live in Flanders, the northern, Dutch part of Belgium, but I can also speak French and (of course) English. I'm in the third year secondary school and I'm studying Greek-Latin. I like (quest) modding, although I'm only doing it for three months or so, so I'm not very experienced. I think that was all, if you want to know something else, reply, pm or IRC me.
Last edited by Jonaman8 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You have shown an amazing amount of patience, kudos to you for that." - Thrignar Fraxix