Euron Crowseye's Interior Showcase

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Euron
Developer

Euron Crowseye's Interior Showcase

Post by Euron »

Hi everyone! So, submitted for your approval, attempt number one at an interior showcase. Its a two story Hlaalu house in Balmora, with a hidden basement area. I'll leave it to y'all to figure out what the resident is up to ;)

The ground and top floors are really the focus of the showcase. I used all de_p furniture and items, except where com stuff was needed, ie; bottles and whatnot, but I think it should be clear of unacceptable style mixing. I worked my ass off trying to rotate everything to rest properly on the surfaces but it's always possible I missed something.

The route to the hidden basement is a bit congested and a bit tricky to get into in game, but that was intentional as the resident wouldn't exactly want it to be easy to just walk into it. I play tested it though, and it can be reached fairly easily with a little bit of coaxing.

The basement itself uses all de_r furniture. I guess this is technically stylemixing as both types are present in one building, but again this was intentional as it fits with the theme of the place, and how I imagine the resident would have it set up. If it helps, think of the basement as a separate place inhabited by a different person, as the upstairs is really more of a cover while the basement is where his true nature is revealed. To be honest, as I've already stated the top two floors are the real showcase. The basement is mostly just for fun, and to show a little bit of creativity. I worked just as hard to make it properly though, so everything in it should be just as well placed as upstairs.

FYI, I've linked it to an exterior just outside the north wall of Balmora to make it easier in case you need to play test it. It's not a showcase for exteriors however, just the int. As well, I cleaned it with TESAME, but I'm not super familiar with the program so I hope it worked properly, please tell me if it didn't.

Ok, diatribe over. Please have a look, I eagerly await review.

Thanks,
E.C.
Attachments
Clean TR_sc_ec_01_ul.ESP
(114.4 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Last edited by Euron on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Welcome to the Tamriel Rebuilt project!

Review:

Clean: no
Northmarker: yes
Gridsnap: yes
Fitsexterior: yes
IllegaltoSleepHere: yes
StyleMixing: no
Ambient: ok

Firstly it's not needed to submit the exterior of a building for an interior showcase. Secondly you realy don't have to create new doors. It's not an error but for keeping the files clean... .
Now down to the error bit:
Some items like misc_de_bowl_redware_2 need to be sunk in a bit more to look real (like you did with the misc_de_bowl_redware_1 downstairs)
The de_p desk, the anvil downstairs are floating while the de_r downstairs in bleeding.
Items like bk_Houseoftroubles_0, Bookskill_armourer5, misc_de_bowl_01,misc_de_bowl_glass_yellow_1 and other itemson the de_p bookshelf don't rest properly on the surface.
Some items don't fit like misc_de_bowl_bugdesign_01.
The quills don't stand naturaly and one of them bleeds into the inkwell.
Downstairs: The books there look too linear, make them look more randomly placed. There are a bit too many weapons and armor there even for a dark brotherhood member (but i like the ideea). The cloth sacks need to be sunk a bit and com_sack_03 dosen't rest naturaly there.

Anyway it's a good showcase. I mean it :P . Don't get intimidated by the list of errors. The showcase is technicaly sound. Clean it better (everything you didn't add
and don't add things that have vanilla copies that you can use). Most of the mistakes are minor and i like the basement ideea. (de_p furniture could have been used there too but well). Your showcase its also very well clutterd.
Over all fix these and you should be ok.
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

Clean: Very dirty with GMSTs (remove all GMSTs)
Gridsnap Used: Yes
Northmarker Set: Yes
Fits Exterior: Yes
Stylemixing: Yes, de_r
IllegalToSleepHere: Yes
Lighting Settings: Good

General Review:

- You should use more tapestries and rugs
- Do not put objects half-on, half-off rugs (resize the rug, or relocate the object)
- Do not put items too far under a bed like the chitin shortsword, as players cannot take it from there
- Be sure that you 'f' every object (small or big) else you have floaters like the closet upstairs
- Clothing needs to be 'f'ed twice, sometimes even 3 times, so that it rests naturally on the surface
- The comberry on top of a pot looks very unnatural as it could never balance that way
- You have very many rotation errors, nearly every object in your house needs some form of adjustment. Objects need to rest properly on their surfaces, it starts with 'f'ing and then rotation, lifting and 'f'ing again until the bottom of the object rests naturally on its surface
- What you did with the diamond is good
- Never put valuable stuff (gems, fair amounts of gold) in front of the entrance, hide it or place it at guarded places, or behind lock
- Standing Books should be supported with either bookends (TR has them), other flat books stacked, or objects like pots
- People in poor houses do not have private altars
- All sacks including the standing sacks like com_sack_03_chpfood5 have to be bled a little into the surface to look natural
- Remove all de_r furniture and replace it with de_p as it is considered style-mixing
- Remove the Indoril Shield, as the owner is no Ordinator
- Do not use very expensive items in a poor interior, like Orcish Helm
- Do not use Templar armor, as they are provided to the player by the Imperial Legion
- Do not include more than one skillbook in a medium sized house
- Remove bk_ChroniclesNchuleft as it is a Quest item
- Bowls have pointy bottoms, bleed them into the surface until you do not see the point anymore
- Do not use fresh BM ingredients outside Solstheim
- Do not use DBrotherhood armor, unless you owner is a member of them
- Do not use any Dwemer items, it is style-mixing
- Bows naturally hang on their string

Comments:
You have shown that you are technically capable of making an interior. However you have tonnes of bleeders/floaters. Be sure to 'f' every object, and rotate the items on poor surfaces. You need to change all de_r furniture with de_p furniture and adjust the clutter on top of it. That said your interior is quite well cluttered with the exeption of tapestries and rugs.
I would like to see your interior again after you update it with the remarks I made. Then I can review every item specific and see if you are ready for a recommendation.
I know I'm going to sound like a hypocrite for saying this, but this needs *less* rocks - Cathartis
Euron
Developer

Post by Euron »

Thanks for the tips so far, I will go through it again and make some adjustments. Was having a hell of a time getting things to lie flat on the poor surfaces. Even with gridsnap and anglesnap off the objects still rotate in increments so it's tricky getting them just so, they seem to jump instead of roll smoothly. Sort of a game of move it a little one way, then a little another, then another until it's just right I guess? if there's a trick to it please let me know.

Regarding some of the specific comments:

1) I was worried I was using too many rugs and tapestries, got no problem adding more.

2) I know I didn't have to connect it with an ext, but I asked the admins and was told it was ok. I probably re-upload it without next time though.

3) GMSTs, thought I got all the 'evil' ones, will try again.

4) Funny, I went through and 'f'd every object, wonder why some didn't work. I also bled all the sacks and pointed bowls but I guess not enough, is there a standard?

5) Finally, and this part is specifically for Preadator...well, I'm not quite sure where to begin. Thank you very much for the review, and I will definitely make some changes based on your comments, but a few of them lead me to believe that you may not have read the introduction to my showcase. While the criticisms are technically valid, I explained then need/reasons for many of them. For example, the dark brotherhood armor is there because it's the home of a dark brotherhood operative (although that was technically only implied). The templar armor piece, orcish helm, and indoril shield are all trophies he's collected. The shrine is for worship of the night mother. The de_r furniture, placed only in the basement, is because he can't exactly flaunt the wealth he's attained, but he'd still want to enjoy the benefits in his private area. Of course most of this would not appear in a poor home, but they do fit with what I was going for. Some, like the quest item, can be removed, and I suppose some of the more valuable trophy items could be changed. Technically the rich furniture could be switched as well, but really if these things are intentional and justified are they still wrong? removing most of them takes away from what I was going for, at that point, why not just make an entirely new interior with nothing special about it. I'll do that if that's what's needed for promotion, but I'd prefer to have this one judged for what it is if possible.

Please understand, I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just wanted to explain myself in case it wasn't clear before. I'll get to work making all the technical repairs for now, and if any and all reviewers could in the meantime please weigh in on what should be changed stylistically based on what I was trying to create I'd be very grateful. I'm happy to make any changes you all want, as long as it's understood what I'm going for.

Oh, and one last thing, is it the official rule that bows must hang on their strings? Because knowing a little bit about archery I can safely say that you'd never do that, it would be bad for the string. In fact, you'd never really leave a bow strung and store it, the constant tension isn't good for it either. That's just in the real world though, obviously this is just a game.

Ok that's it for now, thanks!
E.C.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

According to Balmora's guard towers bows don't hang from their strings. I don't know if it's a universal thing in vanilla, but it sure makes sense to me.
Euron
Developer

Post by Euron »

oh, by the way, figured out why things weren't rotating smoothly. object rotate speed was set too high, so they were rotating like anglesnap was on even when it was off. my bad, correcting now.
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

I understood that the house is the house of a Dark Brotherhood member. Which is fine as such, but not good for a Showcase. If you remove/replace it it is fine to use this file for a showcase, so you do not need to make a new one.
This interior is good as it has de_p furniture which we like to see in a showcase.

I understand that you like to show trophies, it looks good, but I need to review you according to TR standards. That is what I try to do as good as possible, and thus I made those remarks.

It is for us rather difficult to measure with different staves for each applying showcase, hence my remarks, that display/reflect a TR standard for a simple poor home.

Also, once you are a modder you will get a sort of assignment in your claim, here is stated what TR wants the interior to be, and it should be that. Style mixing is a very bad thing, and thus some items/objects cannot be used. This is what we try to teach in every showcase.

Some Limitations:
- Dwemer, Limeware cannot be used unless asked for.
- Silverware only in com interiors
- Either com, com_r, com_rm, de_p, de_rm or de_r, not mixed together
- No expensive items (above lets say 200) in poor interiors, and only a few close to it
- Not more than one skillbook in a medium interior

Sacks:
There is nop standard for sacks, everyone has its own view, but it should be less deep than the bulging, and deeper if you can look under it. Same for pillows.

Bows:
It is not official, I just found the current placement physically rather difficult to be true.

Rotation:
First look physically to the surface, and check where the surface slopes to, then roughly decide how many points that would be to what side, rotate the object and look at the bottom of the object and then to the surface. When those are parallel, or very close to it, 'f' the object. When you cannot look between the object and the surface, you are fine. Although it is not always possible you can also use the coloured lines in a box around an object to guide you; When all lines are dotted you have placed it 100% right. However only trust this whan an object has a box which is only a fraction larger than the object. It is a good way to learn rotation using the specifications screen of the object and the x, y, and z axis in there. If you have three lines dotted you are fine as well, but if it is only two it can be right or wrong. Right if two opposite lines (or two opposite corners) are dotted, as you then have placed something on a gully. Wrong if only two lines fixed in a corner are dotted.

I hope this helps, if you have questions you are always welcome.

Note:
I have send in three different files to get promoted, among that was a huge Hlaalu Manor with 100s of refs on de_p, but I ended up with a simple two floored Manor to get promoted. What I try to explain is not that you make what you want, but make what TR wants in her claims. Of course you are free to put in what you want as long as you stick to the assignment and the rules.
I believe your interior has potential and if you like you can get promoted with only the upper two floors if done right.
I know I'm going to sound like a hypocrite for saying this, but this needs *less* rocks - Cathartis
Shapeshiftr
Developer

Post by Shapeshiftr »

Yo, Praedator. What's up with this shit about "reviewing to TR standards?" This kid's showcase is damn good. The basement just adds that personality that we look for - not half-assed, not blatantly said on paper, just hinted at around a hard-to-find basement. His basement also showed more competence; his desk and the bookshelves were well cluttered. Praedator, I would beg to differ that this is more up to TR standards than just a 2x3 hlaalu house, as he is showing he is able to create specific personalities in his house in addition to creating a normal house. You have to see, Praedator, that reviewing isn't just finding out errors and telling them to the person, with no regard for previous messages.

Taking a cursory glance at your interior, it's looks well cluttered, lighting settings are good. Dirty as hell, by the way. You have contracted, like, 1568 GMSTS, which added 100kb onto your file :P . No good, I removed them for reviewing, but remove them in your next file. I believe this had been said above, though. Floater abound, remember that F'ing an object once doesn't always work. Floaters and dirtiness aside, this was a great first interior. Fix that, and keep at it.
Stryker: You're the stalker, right?

Live every day as though it were your last, and some day it will be.
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

Yo, Praedator. What's up with this shit about "reviewing to TR standards?"
What is this hostility about Shapeshifter? If you know reviewing so well please apply for it.

I never said that it was a bad interior and I only did my job as reviewer and listed the general errors (not every single error, as then it would be 5 times longer and less understandable as well as discouraging)

Once the general errors are gone, a reviewer can focus on the more technical aspects like rotation and placement. Which on turn would be the second review.

Creating a personality in an interior is a very good asset, and I would be the last to want to change that. I like it when people try to do better than vanilla MW. You are right if you say that I could have shown a bit more interest and an extra encouraging sentence at te end, but as reviewer I am also there to teach the fundamentals we need. Hence the remarks on rotating etc.

I apoligize for being a bit too neutral and 'cold' if you like.
Euron
Developer

Post by Euron »

Heh, thanks for the positive re-enforcment there Shapeshiftr. Yeah, I noticed the GMSTs after posting. I think I actually posted a previous file that hadn't been cleaned properly. that's what I get for having names that are far to similar. The floaters too, I think I know what happened there, won't get into it, but they've already been fixed for the next 'release'. As I said, I figured out my rotation problem too.

Praedator: Thanks so much for the extensive reply. As I said, didn't want to come off as argumentative, just wanted to be clear and I'm glad you realized that. I'm gonna go through and make a version with the basement still attached but following the guidelines. If there's still a problem with that then I suppose I'll just scrap the basement all together for the third try, and focus on the top floor.

1) change the furn to all p

2) get rid of the expensive stuff

3) should I scrap the DB armor?

4) should I scrap the shrine?

5) anything else? I mean, other than the obvious making everything sit correctly and not style mixing?
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

You have a good plan now and nice that we are clear :D

1) change the furn to all p

Good

2) get rid of the expensive stuff

Yes please

3) should I scrap the DB armor?

Keep it for now, to show your makeshifting skills

4) should I scrap the shrine?

Yes, please (its imperial (com) looking anyway) [Edit] Use a velothi altar instead if you like

5) anything else? I mean, other than the obvious making everything sit correctly and not style mixing?

Try to show your rotation skills (if you have more questions about that I am glad to help you)
Euron
Developer

Post by Euron »

Ok, here's attempt number 2.

Replaced all the r furn, took out all the expensive and stylemixing gear, removed the shrine, then went through and literally re-rotated every single item in the place, and made sure they we're all neither floating nor bleeding (except of course the sacks, which are all bled, hope it's enough). If anything IS floating or bleeding...well, I really don't know how.

Hope the rotations are better this time. Had some trouble with some of the books, especially on the downstairs bookshelf, but they're all correct based on real world physics. If there's a better way please explain.

Anyway pls review, and if possible give me a list of each item that's in error, and why...unless of course there's still a million of them. Then just point and laugh over all the time I wasted.

Oh, and the GMSTs should be gone too.

Thanks,
E.C.
Attachments
Clean TR_sc_ec_02.ESP
(23.81 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

This is a full review:

Clean: Clean
Style Mixing: No

Review:

General Remarks:
- I still think there are too few rugs and tapestries, those which you added are good, and the clutter on top is adjusted well.
- Your file is clean, well done.
- Your sacks are bled pretty well. The ones stacked flat on top of eachother can be bled a little more
- You still have a skillbook too many, one is OK

Top Floor:
- light_de_lamp_01_77 is floating
- DE_P_Chest_arms is partially on and partially of a rug, this way it is resting well on the rug but floating above the floor
- expensive_shirt_03 on top of closet needs another ‘f’ing, maybe even twice
- misc_de_pot_blue_02 needs some minor rotation to match surface
- one food_kwama_egg_02 is floating in bowl, the other hangs between floating egg and bowl. Try to have at least one egg at the bottom of the bowl, and insert the other between egg and bowl, so that they only slightly touch
- misc_de_foldedcloth00 is floating on one side, if this happens try to move about the object until you have a large enough flat surface
- expensive_amulet_01 is floating above drawer
- furn_de_tapestry_09 is very close to a beam at the bottom, try to stay a few points clear as there is room enough

Entrance Floor:
- Both ingred_emerald_01 need to be rotated to match the surface of the desk
- The Gold_025 should be rotated slightly to match the surface
- The bk_easternprovincesimpartial floats on one side, relocate it a bit for a flatter surface. This includes the scroll on top
- common_pants_05, hangs over the bench. Clothes have open bottoms, and you should place them so that the whole item rests on a surface
- BookSkill_Armorer5 is slightly floating. If you look at the lines around a book they are always dotted, and thus misguide you. With books you should depend on your viewing skills to rotate them to match the surface.
- sc_paper plain is floating
- Misc_Inkwell is floating
- light_de_candle_06_64 should be rotated to match the surface
- ingred_bread_01 needs a little adjustment
- misc_com_wood_cup_01 needs a little adjustment
- misc_com_wood_fork is slightly floating
- misc_com_wood_bowl_03 needs a little adjustment
- apparatus_j_mortar_01 is bleeding in shelf, no need to rotate it as de_p shelves are straight actually
- Misc_DE_glass_green_01, misc_de_pot_blue_01, misc_de_pot_green_01, misc_de_pot_glass_peach_01 and misc_de_pot_redware_04_uni on the bookshelf are placed nearly perfect, only 0.1-0.2 points off. If you are placing objects on de_p surfaces you can actually use the same angles for more objects as long as they are on the same face of the surface.
- Do not use unique items like misc_de_pot_redware_04_uni, as they often have a specific purpose
- misc_de_bowl_glass_yellow_01 can be sunk a little more
- the wooden utensils need some adjustment to match the surface
- The goblets need minor adjustments, but they are near perfect
- All the papers and ingredients on the bookshelf are floating
- Good job with the lute
- Com_Basket_01_POS is severly floating

Basement:
- You should sink the bottom of misc_com_broom_01 in the floor a bit, like sacks
- I like the makeshift wooden poles, however try to use poles with the same texture whenever possible
- furn_de_tapestry_11 is very close to the floor, rise it a few points
- apparatus_j_alembic_01 is floating on one side
- apparatus_j_mortar_01 bleeds in the table
- All paper floats slightly, as well as some ingredients on top of them
- silver dart’s need to be rotated to match the surface
- repair_prongs should be ‘f’ed once more
- common_shirt_02_h needs a little rotation
- common_pants_02 needs a little rotation
- Furn_Uni_Spearholder_01 is slightly floating
- bonemold_shield is floating on one side, both handles should touch the surface
- chest_small_dren is floating and should be rotated to match the surface. Also replace the chest with another as it has a unique item (blackmail note) a large amount of expensive gems, and two Grand soul gems

Comments:

It is a nice interior, generally well cluttered, maybe except a few rugs and tapestries as well as rather empty staircases/walkways. You have shown your rotation skills, and quite some items are placed/rotated well. You have followed my remarks well, except for two skillbooks. I would like to see that you only have a few rotation errors left and next to none floaters/bleeders, and then you are ready for my recommendation.
Euron
Developer

Post by Euron »

Thanks again. That's still quite a daunting list, but I still feel like there's a lot of progress there from the last one.

Once again, a few things I'd like to clarify before I get back to work.

1) the mortars, are they not pointed on the bottoms and therefore need to be bled some? they seemed that way to me, that's why they're like that.

2) the floating books, I think I've been having a harder time with those than anything else. I have been using the dotted lines for them some but I guess that's probably where I'm running into problems.

3) some of the mis-rotated objects, ie; the emeralds, gold, darts, some of the pots. I wasn't kidding when I said I literally went through every object and rotated it. In some cases I just couldn't see well enough to know for sure if there was still a hair of a gap no matter how close I get. maybe it's my monitor, but is there any trick to getting a better look? a lot of those I triple checked...

4) multiple f'ing...I'm a bit lost. some objects drop through or bleed with more than one f'ing. And with stuff like clothes, they do need to be partially bled, correct?

5) floaters, I'll have another look, not sure how I missed those.

6) the shield, didn't know both handles had to touch. did it that way first but didn't like how it looked. so, both handles and at least one more point touching?

7) different colored wood poles...I'll see what I can do, there's only so many poles available, not sure if it'll work any other way but if it can I'll change it.

8) more rugs and tapestries? really? ok, if you're sure, I really felt like it was getting too much.

9) empty stairways, wasn't mentioned before, but I'll work on that, any tips on how to decorate them? more tapestries?

10) extra skill book, my bad, must have missed one when I was removing them.

ok, ten is enough I think.

Thanks,
E.C.

Edit:
11) the trunk upstairs was supposed to be off the rug I think. if it's on there it must be just by a hair.

12) the paper sheets, every time I tried to get them any lower they bled so badly the surface came right through the top...
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

Thanks again. That's still quite a daunting list, but I still feel like there's a lot of progress there from the last one.
Actually it isn't that bad. You have progressed well.
1) the mortars, are they not pointed on the bottoms and therefore need to be bled some? they seemed that way to me, that's why they're like that.
You are right, they should be bled a little, however before you do you should rotate them to be parallel to the surface so that it looks like straight when bled.
2) the floating books, I think I've been having a harder time with those than anything else. I have been using the dotted lines for them some but I guess that's probably where I'm running into problems.
Using the dotted lines is only good for clutter like bottles, cups and others which have a narrow box along their bottoms. Books always have dotted lines so it is misleading to look at the lines. With books you are completely relying on rotation by eye.
3) some of the mis-rotated objects, ie; the emeralds, gold, darts, some of the pots. I wasn't kidding when I said I literally went through every object and rotated it. In some cases I just couldn't see well enough to know for sure if there was still a hair of a gap no matter how close I get. maybe it's my monitor, but is there any trick to getting a better look? a lot of those I triple checked...

Here it is best to use the dotted lines for placement. dotted all round is perfect, three lines is acceptable in most cases and two dotted lines is fine as long as they are opposite of eachother and the object is visually aligned well.
4) multiple f'ing...I'm a bit lost. some objects drop through or bleed with more than one f'ing. And with stuff like clothes, they do need to be partially bled, correct?
True, they can drop though a surface, then you ‘f’ too much. Some objects have a rugged bottom, or a tiny fringe or something, with those you can and generally should ‘f’ more than once. Clothing has always to be ‘f’ed at least twice, due the shape of the clothes. You should f it until the lines surrounding the clothes just dissappeared.
5) floaters, I'll have another look, not sure how I missed those.
It happens even to the best of us!
6) the shield, didn't know both handles had to touch. did it that way first but didn't like how it looked. so, both handles and at least one more point touching?
Objects like that should rest naturally, one handle and a ‘lost’ point (those spikes) touching is not good enough as it would tipple over. How more points rest on the surface how better.
7) different colored wood poles...I'll see what I can do, there's only so many poles available, not sure if it'll work any other way but if it can I'll change it.
Try scaling objects, there are quite a few poles you can choose from in several tilesets.
more rugs and tapestries? really? ok, if you're sure, I really felt like it was getting too much.
Only very rarely someone uses too many of them.
9) empty stairways, wasn't mentioned before, but I'll work on that, any tips on how to decorate them? more tapestries?
Try rugs, tapestries, benches, shelves some nice vases etc.
10) extra skill book, my bad, must have missed one when I was removing them.
Don’t worry I smile with it.
11) the trunk upstairs was supposed to be off the rug I think. if it's on there it must be just by a hair.
It is otherwise I wouldn’t have mentioned.
12) the paper sheets, every time I tried to get them any lower they bled so badly the surface came right through the top...
Try to rotate them a few degrees (1-2) on x and y axis, and ‘f’ them again.

Hope this helps :D
Dieapy

Post by Dieapy »

Forgive me for taking a look at your showcase not being a TR modder myself yet, but I just had to see what all the fuss was about. Well firstly I would like to give you a good hearty pat on the back for all your hard work in cluttering the place; it takes courage and proves you’re not afraid to get stuck in, your count is good and I would say well above average, I’m not here to pass judgment but I could not help from noticing things are pretty well aligned square on to walls, we all make that mistake at first I myself included although something’s just have to be in line in my opinion.
Myself being a room builder I spotted the four post and a couple of walls, although not an error you can get natural post to the stair’s, (up stair’s,) take the roomdoor1, and place it directly below down stairs, remove the room side is in front, and replace with a roomdoor2, change the room corner with a hall corner, turn another hall corner around placing it where you had the roomdoor1, bingo wall and post piece gone, also (down stairs) perhaps had you used a hall stair’s which has quarter posts built into it, and say a hall corner at bottom of this along with a roomdoor2, room entry in middle next to stairs, and the roomdoor1 on the far side, you would of lost the three post you used, which sometimes have a tendency to flash if set alongside another quarter upright. I know one wall piece has to be used to block off the stair opening up top. Having said this which is not ment to be fault finding but perhaps something to bare in mind the next time you build, it took me a while to realize there were hall stairs as well a room ones. Couldn’t help noticing the tap on the furn_de_kegstand facing wall, I guess it must be empty, that’s why its bucket is on top of the barrow, lol

Conclusion, keep up the good work I’m sure you are going to be a TR modder before I am.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Euron, you can select multiple entries in TESAME by clicking on one, then shift clicking on another entry lower down to select those entries and all between them. It's a pretty common Windows trick. Hope that helps.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Euron
Developer

Post by Euron »

Alright everybody, thanks for all the help, now let's hug it out and move on.

Here we go, third try. If this one isn't close to perfect I'll eat my keyboard.

Preadator, (and TF) I fixed everything on your list from the top on down, but please have a look for yourself. everything is rotated (I discovered the trick of using the pref's window, thanks for that!), f'd down to where it should be (I hope), and no bleeders, (I think). Also added a few lights, a rug, and a tapestry or two just to bring the count up some. Only one skill book now as well. Hope this does it, I'll be holding my breath. :)

Oh, and thanks Cathartis...I actually saw this entry about 5 mins after I finished cleaning the file manually...but i'll know for next time. I knew there must be a way, but I'm usually a mac user...

And Dieapy as well, I think I see what you mean. I tried something like that but there was some reason I didn't use it. Couldn't find one piece maybe. Either way, I'll keep it in mind for the future.
Attachments
Clean TR_sc_ec_03.ESP
(24.3 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Dieapy wrote:Conclusion, keep up the good work I’m sure you are going to be a TR modder before I am.
I'll get to your showcase on the weekend or early next week. My job is coming to an end today so I won't be so brain dead and inactive.

Euron, you seem to have ninja'd me by the looks of my preview window. If you've taken the reviews into account, I'm going to cut them out along with all of the animosity. Good luck with this last file, from the sound of it I'll probably be here again to do an actual review for promotion soon.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

Clean: Clean
Style Mixing: No

Remarks:

- You haven't fixed the chest upstairs, it is still half-on half-off the rug.
- light_de_lamp_01_77, still floats slightly (not a problem) and bleeds into closet.

Basement:
- You didn't fix the bonemold shield, so that both handles touch the surface.

All other small errors are negliable.

I see you solved a fair lot, and you have shown that you can rotate as it should. Considering this to be your last review round I will not be bitchy, and thus Recommend you for Interior Modder

Good luck and happy modding Euron!
Euron
Developer

Post by Euron »

Thanks Praedator!

That's weird, I moved the chest, f'd it, and watched it drop. I know I did because I had to move the closet back to do it. wonder why it didn't take. same with the stand lamp, played with it for at least three mins getting it to almost but not quite touch the closet and wall. The shield too! It's in a completely different position, but maybe one of the handles is still up a hair. oh well, it worked out anyway, thanks again for all the help!
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

hold on a minute I had the wrong file. My excuses I have to check the latest file. In some way your second file shows up below the last in my CS.

Anyway the Recommendation stands.

Checked your latest file, and I take my remarks of the review back, you fixed them all. Also good progress in your rotation skills I believe you have mastered it now. You also found poles that fit, and makeshifted it again, well done!

Don't you think you are better now then a few days ago?
Euron
Developer

Post by Euron »

Whew! I thought I was losing my mind there for a few minutes, like how the hell did those get by me AGAIN?!?! I was SURE I had them, was waiting for a free minute to go back and look!

Oh well, thanks for clearing that up! :D

And hell yeah, that really put me through the paces but it was like putting my skills in fast forward.

Edit: So what happens now, do I just wait for TF or someone to come along and give it a final once over? Then do I get one of those fancy 'promoted' tabs? Then it's hurry up and wait for some interior claims to be posted? The suspense is killing me! ;)
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

common_robe_02_rr floats on one end, needs another f or manual adjustment
furn_de_tapestry_05 pops through the beam a little bit on the back side. Raise ti slightly
misc_de_bellows10 floats on one end
I like the armor display, my only concern is that the player might be able to see up under the helmet
I will never like seeing a bow hung by the string... I really prefer to see them hang by the other side.

These are all minor issues, and not really even that many of them. I'll press the buttons and get you taken care of. If you have any questions, ask them here or in a PM.

Member Promoted for Interiors

Congratulations and welcome to the team. We have a bit of a lack of claims at the moment, but with how exteriors are moving, that will hopefully change soon. *looks at Nomadic1*
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

Congratz, Crowseye! :wink:
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Well done, mang
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Kiteflyer61
Developer

Post by Kiteflyer61 »

Congrats, Euron

Welcome to the team. 8)
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt!
"Tis easy enough to be pleasant,
when life flows along like a song;
but the person worth while
is the one who will smile
when everything goes dead wrong."
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Euron
Developer

Post by Euron »

Thanks TF, thanks everyone! Looking forward to contributing as soon as it's possible... *looks over Thrig's shoulder at nomadic1*

And yeah I wholeheartedly agree about the bows. I had them the other way in my first submission, only changed them 'cause Praedator said it was wrong. No self respecting archer would store their bow that way. Well, really no archer would store it strung either, but there's not much we can do about that.

Anyway, thanks again!
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

Congratulations Euron, Welcome to the team and I cannot wait to see your first interior, that said I look at Nomadic as well :D

About the bows; At first Euron placed it with the string down, but the whole bow was resting on two little spots in the middle of the bowcurve, so it would naturally slide down. I have no idea about RL bows whatsoever so I asked him to hang it on the string. No bad for Euron, it is my bad.
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Congratz and welcome to the team.