Claim: 5-24-Red Claimed by Katze
Maps In Group Map 5 at (-17,7):(-15,4)
 Faction: House Redoran
 Area size: 12
Description
Ash Swamp. See 5-21 for reference.

Use the heightmap provided in this thread: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19347

Note that cleaning irrelevant cells may create land tears, so backup your work regularly and often.

For AS use our new statics + static trama roots and a few RM rock types.

Isra Nium at -15, 4. 6-7 interiors, Redoran. Small fishing village.
River running from 5-20 into the sea.
Last Edited by Haplo
(Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:35 pm) Post
Send private message   Reply with quote      
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

See this picture for regional borders, roads and rivers.

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:32 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Unlocked, make sure you read all relevant info upon claiming.
Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:52 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Katze
Developer Emeritus
26 Feb 2009

I would like to claim this, because I do love coastal claims, and it's the only remaining exclusively Ash Swamp exterior. I look forward to seeing what I can do with the bit where Ash Swamp meets the sea.
Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:13 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Granting, make sure to include all the traits and stuff from this region, a thorough explanation is given in the linked thread in the description. River and Isra Nium.

The river does not have the ash scum surface btw, only the numerous tributaries and ponds as per the concept I made.
Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:46 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Five days until the update limit, any progress on this one as well?
Post Mon May 02, 2011 6:10 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Katze
Developer Emeritus
26 Feb 2009

I'm pretty busy with getting coursework finished for the end of the academic year, but here's what I have so far.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Post Wed May 04, 2011 1:10 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Katze
Developer Emeritus
26 Feb 2009

Claim updated. Added a fair amount this time, including a small collection of shacks northwest of Isra Nium, and another singular ruined stilt-shack that sunk into the muck. All in all this claim is starting to come together rather nicely Smile
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

Tea is important.
Post Wed May 11, 2011 7:00 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

I've been looking at it a little, and have a few thoughts:

- The brownish vertex coloring looks odd, and will stand out compared to the grey one we've used for the other ash swamp claims. Please use grey.
- At slopes, the TR_terrain_rocks_RM_02 and 04 looks better than 01 and 03. For consistency's sake I suggest using a few of those as I so far haven't spotted any.
- The north tip of the peninsula looks a little boring, could you add a few rock+trama+mushroom+fungus-y formation to enhance the area making it more interesting and a point of interest, something eye catching. As of now it's just flat...
- No mushrooms in the murky pools. Only ash swamp tree and trama roots. For consistency.
- Border match with 5-27, you will see what you need to do Smile .
- TR_ash_fungus_01-04, use it hanging from stuff, as you can see in 5-21 and 5-27. I see it near the little village though.
- Isra Nium looks fine, watch out for jagged edges in the landscaping.

Remember to download similar regional claims, we don't want to spend valuable time changing claims to make them consistent.

Post Thu May 12, 2011 6:13 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Scamp
Reviewer
21 Nov 2009

Post Fri May 13, 2011 11:47 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Aeven
Lead Developer
17 Aug 2008

Um, is that snow in your last shot?

Looking like hawtness though.
Post Sat May 14, 2011 9:19 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Scamp
Reviewer
21 Nov 2009

Haha, indeed. Somehow Cat's claim appears to have a Solstheim region applied to it. I got interrupted by wolves, too.

Post Sat May 14, 2011 9:36 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Aeven
Lead Developer
17 Aug 2008

Which makes me wonder: Uld Vraech with werewolves?
Post Mon May 16, 2011 9:05 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

I can see a few lone werewolves wandering around northern M5. Certainly no big packs or elaborate questlines revolving around them though. If we want to discuss this more I suggest we take it to the lore and quest forum.
Post Mon May 16, 2011 2:24 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Tyrion
Reviewer
31 May 2006

I want to say no. Unless there's a good reason for them being there.

Are there werewolves in Skyrim?

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Post Mon May 16, 2011 3:13 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer
13 Jan 2006

Both werewolves and bears. The boars were probably not in that area though. Of course, I might misremember.

"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Post Tue May 17, 2011 12:58 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Katze
Developer Emeritus
26 Feb 2009

Claim updated. Added an awesome shipwreck and a host of other things I can't remember.

Tea is important.
Post Tue May 17, 2011 10:21 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Approved.

Four unexpected cells! D-:
Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:02 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Hooray - Imma happy hoe.
Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:55 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group