Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author
Message Post new topic Reply to topic
Peterboy
Developer
28 Aug 2006

osiris wrote:
...and has not repeated the mistakes of Oblivion ...

Something tells me, that dragonslayer vikings aren't too unique (thu'um... my god)
Yep, I can't be too positive about Skyrim, although it realy looks beautiful Smile

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:18 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
immortal_pigs
Developer
15 May 2008

Quote:
The High King of Skyrim has been murdered. In the midst of this conflict, a far more dangerous, ancient evil is awakened.

Oh c'mon...

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:17 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Myzel
Developer Emeritus
07 Aug 2008

Quote:
The High King of Skyrim has been murdered. In the midst of this conflict, a far more dangerous, ancient evil is awakened.

Isn't that exactly what happened in dragon age: origins?

Yeah, I'm not impressed. My sceptical suspicions are only being confirmed. The only way Skyrim could be awesome for me is if it has an exciting, well-made plot. And I'm demanding in that regard. But I guess the "chosen one" cliché is the only way they know how to build a plot around an unnamed character without a personality.

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:51 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
osiris
TR Tester
03 Mar 2007

Myzel wrote:
Quote:

Isn't that exactly what happened in dragon age: origins?

... Or even what happened in Oblivion! Mr. Green

Harke the Apostle, Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:26 pm
My book sucks cause it´s a vampire.

Hemitheon, Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm
*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.
Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:56 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer
13 Jan 2006

Or maybe even Daggerfall? I do not remember exactly, but the king of Daggerfall had just recently died, had he not and then arose an evil and such! Never did get far in that game though <.<

"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:28 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Myzel
Developer Emeritus
07 Aug 2008

Now that you mention it...

Of course, that ancient evil wasn't a dragon.
Nor did the death of the emperor in oblivion produce much political conflict, curiously.

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:54 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer
26 Aug 2010

That's because everyone with political power was busy hiding in their castle waiting for me to rescue them from the Daedra.
Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:15 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
blackbird
Reviewer
01 Mar 2007

The new trailer can be also found on the website from bethesda softworks, although I only saw it when I chose North America as my region.
Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:47 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus
08 Jun 2004

If ALDUIN EATING THE WHOLE WORLD is not exciting enough for you I really don't know what is. "King dies, shit gets real" is as about as generic a description as you can muster, but that doesn't mean Skyrim is the same as Daggerfall or DA:O.

P.S. In Daggerfall, it was the king of a single kindom that had died, and it was not so much a greater evil as it was everyone trying to get their hands on a single mcguffin.

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:17 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer
13 Jan 2006

As I said, I never got far before my saves corrupted. Razz

But yeah, I would love to have a machine that could actually run Skyrim by November. It could lead to awesomeness.

"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:37 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Evod Lighttaker
22 Jun 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muK3GGppPpM

Its the recent trailer 2.0 If you guys haven't already seen
Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:25 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Mwgek
Developer
11 Apr 2008

Even if the plot is crap, I want to play that..
Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:23 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
MSam
Developer
12 Dec 2008

HWAH. WHO. OOH.

Disgusting.

I didn't really notice that much change in the trailer except the extra cliffracer at the end.

"Thank you to the Makers of Rules. To the Breakers of Backs. To the sincere Autocrats. To the false Democrats. To the Builders of Walls. To the Painters of Lines. To those who Tattoo Numbers. To those who point fingers. To those who count their greed. To those who split by colour. To those who smile their lies.

Thank you so very much."
Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:02 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer
26 Aug 2010

That's not a Cliffracer, that's a Dragon.
Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:48 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus
15 May 2004

Yeah, I wanna play that too Pleased
Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:01 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
MSam
Developer
12 Dec 2008

Quote:
That's not a Cliffracer, that's a Dragon.

No shit, Sherlock.

"Thank you to the Makers of Rules. To the Breakers of Backs. To the sincere Autocrats. To the false Democrats. To the Builders of Walls. To the Painters of Lines. To those who Tattoo Numbers. To those who point fingers. To those who count their greed. To those who split by colour. To those who smile their lies.

Thank you so very much."
Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:44 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Evod Lighttaker
22 Jun 2009

Saying cliff racer is like saying bomb on an airplane.
It should be considered a slur.
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:31 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer
13 Jan 2006

That's going a bit too far I think. Cliffracers were never anything more than an inconvenience. Honestly, I do not understand the general hatred for them. On that note, the dragons look all wrong. Dragons are supposed to be guars carried by cliff racers.

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:35 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
blackbird
Reviewer
01 Mar 2007

There used to be dragons at Morrowind, but the cliffracers drove them away. I guess the dragons moved to the west, to skyrim.
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:01 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Petethegoat
Developer
01 Jan 2011

I'm pretty sure that there are no dragons in Morrowind because the Skylamps ate them, not because of cliffracers. Razz
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:11 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
blackbird
Reviewer
01 Mar 2007

This is my source: http://www.imperial-library.info/content/general-elder-scrolls-weaseling
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:07 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer
13 Jan 2006

I'm quite sure that even that page said Skylamps years ago.

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:36 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer
05 Nov 2006

It did.
Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:33 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2007

weren't that a seperate piece of weaseling about how the skylamps all got chased away by the cliffracers? Razz

anyways, it always gets me a-nnoyed/mused whenever people cite that thing as a genuine grave part of tes history.

a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:17 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Evod Lighttaker
22 Jun 2009

[quote="Andres Indoril"]That's going a bit too far I think. Cliffracers were never anything more than an inconvenience. Honestly, I do not understand the general hatred for them. On that note, the dragons look all wrong. Dragons are supposed to be guars carried by cliff racers.[/quote]

Ya sorry about that, I mostly meant that as a joke....

Anyway I dont mind what the dragons look like my main concerns is that I dont want them to be the "Mindless Baddies". I like villains that have their own reasons and motivations for doing things. I hate antagonists that are too apparent in their existence to be a mindless road block for the player it takes away from immersion. I like it so far that that the dragons have their own language even if that language is only used for power ups (Dragons shouts). I am hoping they add a culture to them and maybe even conflicting desires among them.
Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:39 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
cire992
Reviewer
14 Jul 2007

^ Its been a very long time since I've seen a villain in a game that wasn't an over-the-top, mindless roadblock.

I saw that trailer linked above earlier, and it reminded me (a lot) of Oblivion, so I went and played Oblivion for a few hours before I couldn't take it anymore. Now I'm sitting idly here in front of my computer aging slowly and I think I'm actually slightly less bored than I was while I was playing Oblivion.

... I better not pre-order this one, I'm picky about Fantasy games on a good day, and Skyrim just sounds way too similar to Oblivion for my liking.
Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:45 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Evod Lighttaker
22 Jun 2009

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1188422-german-pcgames-article/

Looks like I got my wish for a different kind of dragon. At least for a friendly one anyway.
Post Thu May 12, 2011 12:45 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
The_Warder
Developer
01 Jan 2005

Nice to see everyone..been a while.., just watched it on xbox live earlier.

Maybe i can get into this one as i never really got into oblivion like i did morrowind Very Happy

Post Sun May 29, 2011 1:28 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
osiris
TR Tester
03 Mar 2007

Probably some of you have already seen this video. Anyway... link:

First Skyrim E3 demo on GameTrailers

*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.
Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:16 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Chin Music
Developer
26 Aug 2008

Yeah I saw that.

I like the new third person animations. Much better. Dual wielding for combat is cool too, like being able to have any combination of stuff in your hands.

Don't like: The God-of-War Press-X-For-Awesome finishers that force you into third person so you can go "dude I totally chopped that dragon's head off". Immersion breaking to hand over control of your character like that, and it'll get old quick anyway.

Also big friendly console HUD.
ONE-HANDED SKILL INCREASED TO 22
Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:51 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

I am glad we can totally look at plants now.
Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:24 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
The Greatness
Developer
29 May 2010

osiris wrote:
Probably some of you have already seen this video. Anyway... link:

First Skyrim E3 demo on GameTrailers

Impressive stuff, and it's nice to see some flowing water that looks like flowing water. I had decided I was really looking forward to it untill he said there would only be three factions, and that's even worse than Oblivion. Hopefully they will actually give you choices and roleplaying oppurtunities this time round, as that might make up for the lack of factions.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:37 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
osiris
TR Tester
03 Mar 2007

I agree. And finally characters will have smooth, good looking animations, and dual wielding! Smile

*sarcastic*
Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:19 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Too bad about the faction count *coughDLCcough*, but I'm still looking forward to it. And give me some PC gameplay video, not some random shit played on hardware that is 6-7 years old.
Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:24 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Sickjin

26 May 2011

relax about the faction thing. That was off the top of his head, he also said 3 main factions, and that's not going to be a final count.
Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:13 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

There were like 25 factions in Morrowind. Even off the top of your head, 3 is a far cry from 25.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:55 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Sickjin

26 May 2011

a lot of those factions in Morrowind only had one or two quests attached to them, though, like the vampire hunter or knight's of thorn lodge "factions" in Oblivion. Hopefully these are going to have actual quest chains, and better rewards than a chest that multiplies alchemy ingredients.
Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:01 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Myzel
Developer Emeritus
07 Aug 2008

Interesting gameplay idea there, controlling two hands. Though I don't think it's a big change from the blast & slash nature of combat as we know it from morrowind and oblivion.
Vanilla Morrowind had 10 main factions with large questlines.
Naked Oblivion had 5, if you count the boring arena.
Skyrim will have 3. If there were more, I think he would have remembered to mention them. Top of his head or not.

I'm not really tempted to buy this one. Maybe I'll borrow it from someone.

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:03 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

Didn't they also confirm the Dark Brotherhood at some point earlier?
Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:21 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer
05 Nov 2006

Yeah I think those three are the principle factions. It's safe to assume that at the very least there'll be the DB and the Blades (or equivalent) too. Hopefully a religious faction of some sort too.
Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:01 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group