Claim: 5-27-Red Claimed by Scamp
Maps In Group Map 5 at (-21,3):(-18,0)
 Faction: House Redoran
 Area size: 16
 File:
Name Size Last Modified
TR_5-27-Red_Haplo_1.esp 900.4 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
Description
Ash Swamp. See 5-21 for reference. See 4-43 for VM reference (don't use BM rock statics for this part of the VM mountains).

Use the heightmap provided in this thread: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19347

Note that cleaning irrelevant cells may create land tears, so backup your work regularly and check it often.

For AS use our new statics + static trama roots and a few RM rock types. This claim includes a river from 5-3 joining the river from 5-26 and running into 5-20, main road from 5-26 to 5-22 and 5-20 and a small side road from 5-3. Feel free to add a shack or two at the end of the side road.
Last Edited by Haplo
(Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:21 pm) Post
Send private message   Reply with quote      
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

See this picture for regional borders, roads and rivers.

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:00 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Unlocked, make sure you read all relevant info upon claiming.
Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:52 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Scamp
Reviewer
21 Nov 2009

Claiming with fire!

This shall be filled with Ash Swamp stuff, I'll make sure to look at your concept more than once while I make this.
Sure thing, I'll throw two shacks in at the end of the side road.
Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:39 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Very granted.
Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:55 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

The WIP looks very good, btw. Good usage of stuff.
Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:26 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Scamp
Reviewer
21 Nov 2009

New file up.

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:34 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

That is very sexy, will border match a little this evening.
Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:48 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Wow Scamp! You can even make a Ash Swamp look beautiful Very Happy
Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:21 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Scamp
Reviewer
21 Nov 2009

Thank you!

Now it is finished. (The button)

Interiors for the claim

1. Dwemer Ruin (-20, 2)

-Should include Ash Swamp stuff inside, if possible

2. Hermitage Shack (-20,0)

-Could have some trama roots inside as well

3. Cave (-18, 0)

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:37 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

This looks quite fabulous!

The walkway over the river at the shack concerns me a bit though as it cuts off any possible ship movement from Kogotel to open sea. Another glorious thing to have would be semi-transparent sheets of smudge, or small patches of smudge for on the rivers. They contrast quite heavily with the rest of the terrain.
Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:09 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Imma bitch a lil' 2 bro. Then put sum bitchin' in the bitchin and word up to Why.
Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:18 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Scamp
Reviewer
21 Nov 2009

I don't care. The claim is finished, Tyrion will remove it.

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:20 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Approved.

In the future, please avoid placing organic flora on rocks and other inorganic surfaces. Trama roots may be able to grow around rocks and dwemer ruins, but not out of them.

And congratulations, you're now #4 on the exterior modders list on the Team page, just ahead of Cathartis (who was #4 for several hours before I reviewed this claim).
Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:46 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Haplo wrote:

In the future, please avoid placing organic flora on rocks and other inorganic surfaces. Trama roots may be able to grow around rocks and dwemer ruins, but not out of them.

I think the limited amount of trama root might make this statement of yours hard to follow to the letter - I usually made the trama constellations origin from a pool of scum or the ground. Also I've placed tons of mushroom puffs directly on some rocks in 5-21. As did Scamp in his neighboring claims - this because I imagined the spores clinging onto any moist surface in the area, enabling the growth of these things. Mushrooms at least seem to occur everywhere.

I need to point out that I don't know whether or not you've edited these things.

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:54 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

I have removed some where they are growing out of the middle of comparatively huge rocks. There may be the possibility that they can cling on to rocky surfaces, but there is a difference between that, and sprouting completely out of a rock. Maybe we could get Aeven or someone to create a texture for some rocks that includes some ash roots wrapping around it? That way we could put the ash parasols on them with abandon.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:47 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

If so I would suggest having some of the vanilla roots retextured to fit the idea. I find the concept of the ash swamp flora encroaching on all kinds of stuff one of the defining parts of this area, and would hate to see it removed entirely.
Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:57 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Scamp
Reviewer
21 Nov 2009

Haplo wrote:

And congratulations, you're now #4 on the exterior modders list on the Team page, just ahead of Cathartis (who was #4 for several hours before I reviewed this claim).

:dance:

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:40 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Katze
Developer Emeritus
26 Feb 2009

If I ever manage to get 5-28 finished, I'll edge past you again Razz
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:57 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Scamp
Reviewer
21 Nov 2009

D:

Yurmum. You are crazy anways.

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group