Claim: 5-28-Red Claimed by Katze
Maps In Group Map 5 at (-25,14):(-22,12)
 Faction: House Redoran
 Area size: 12
 File:
Name Size Last Modified
TR_5-28-Red_Haplo_1.esp 641.5 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
Description
Velothi mountains, although definitely not as mountainous as most of the VM region. The height map file below includes a BM pine tree forest in this claim that will continue into 5-1. Note that this forest is just a test of the pine tree forest concept and thus requires a ton of detailing.

Please download map 5 height map here and work from that:

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19347
Note that cleaning irrelevant cells may create land tears, so backup your work regularly and often.

This part of the VM region uses BM statics.
-23 14, Nordic settlement (8-9 interiors) of Greenhold (temporary, to be decided). This settlement has a lumber mill and its inhabitants chops down forest for wood.
Last Edited by Haplo
(Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:18 pm) Post
Send private message   Reply with quote      
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

See this picture for regional borders, roads and rivers.

Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:59 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Katze
Developer Emeritus
26 Feb 2009

I feel like claiming this. All nice and foresty.

What path texture is used for this region? I don't recall BM having one, although I may be wrong. Also, would the bridge across the river leading north from Cormaris be in this claim, or further west in 5-17 (lots of questions, I know :P )
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:51 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

We haven't currently decided on the main or side road textures, but I will get back to you this evening with some opinions. Feel free to experiment with different stuff, as long as we settle on a standard for (at least) this peninsula.

Regarding the bridge, I don't know exactly, have you checked the height map?

Also, granted, since these questions can be answered while working on other things.
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:27 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Nordic settlement of Greenhold at -23,14. 8-9 ints including a lumber mill.
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:02 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

seems like we should have the skyrim assets we were going to get before we make anything with a nordic settlement

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:18 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Yes. But we don't have the stuff that has only ever been vaguely hinted at, and it's time to work. So looks like we'll do without.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:30 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

I believe that can wait until we start with actual Uld Vraech claims, since this is VM. I'm following this one closely of course, and Cats experimenting with different setups to see how stuff works. 90 % of the work in this claim has the needed stuff anyway.
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:33 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

Haplo wrote:
Yes. But we don't have the stuff that has only ever been vaguely hinted at, and it's time to work. So looks like we'll do without.

I've sent the PM off to get the statics, all I needed to know was that we wanted them. Whether we use them here or not, we will have them now.

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:50 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Aeven
Lead Developer
17 Aug 2008

These are the Skyrim project assets that are part of our asset deal?
Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:13 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

Um yes, I thought it was common knowledge that lestat and I agreed to swap as many relevant models as possible for the border region. (which currently looks to be an architectureal set from them and the dunmereth pass meshes from us)

Fun is bad - Haplo
Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:23 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

It's not well-known at all, I don't think.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:30 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Hey, any updates on this claim? You're approximately within a week of the date Smile .
Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:17 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Katze
Developer Emeritus
26 Feb 2009

Uploaded a WIP. Not worked on this much recently, but at least now there's a file to look at.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:27 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Another month has passed, please update status.
Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:47 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Katze
Developer Emeritus
26 Feb 2009

Updated.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

Tea is important.
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:56 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Katze
Developer Emeritus
26 Feb 2009

Time for another update. This claim has taken way too long. I hope to have it finished this weekend.

Tea is important.
Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:29 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Looking good so far...
I just had a look at your roads, and you need to do some adjustments to them. As of now they mostly look like they are hardly trodden at all. This guide (which is our very own);

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?p=modding_data/tutorials&section=251365

...explains perfectly.

A well-made road/path consists of a few important things:
1. A reason to exist! And a logical route through the cell(s). (Is it logical that someone made a road here, or would it have made more sense to go the other way, for example.)
2. Using correct textures! You don't want to use a wasteland road texture in the middle of a forest.
3. The road needs to be lower than its immediate surroundings (as if worn down by constant wear and use).
4. A vertex-shaded "outline".
5. Detail (and optionally, some points of interest) along the way.

Escpecially along sloped areas a road not having a flatness of itself will just look weird and poorly executed. Our roads need to be of the highest quality. That means lots of details, properly sunk relative to the non-roady areas and points of interest nearby.

Another thing, the forest needs more grass statics, random flora, misc stones and stuff lying about.

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:17 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Katze
Developer Emeritus
26 Feb 2009

Updated again. Added lots of plants and such along the road.

Tea is important.
Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:14 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

So I guess an update is coming now shortly? Smile
Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:31 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Katze
Developer Emeritus
26 Feb 2009

Gimme time to get back to my own computer (should be on Saturday) and I'll get an update up.

Tea is important.
Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:02 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

which saturday? Seriously though, got an update?

Fun is bad - Haplo
Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:55 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Katze
Developer Emeritus
26 Feb 2009

Computer asploded, remember? My latest file is on there. If I go past the deadline without posting a new file, feel free to revoke, but hopefully I can get my new PSU by then.

Tea is important.
Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:31 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

oh right, I forgot. Its all good, I just wanted a post. (Though nemon might not be so forgiving)

Fun is bad - Haplo
Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:34 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Katze
Developer Emeritus
26 Feb 2009

I just uploaded a new WIP so I don't get in trouble. Hopefully I'll have the claim finished soonish Razz

Tea is important.
Post Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:52 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Herp a derp?
Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:08 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Katze
Developer Emeritus
26 Feb 2009

Ever so sorry, I don't think I'll ever get the inspiration to finish this claim, so revoking once I've put up a file :/

Tea is important.
Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:39 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Katze
Developer Emeritus
26 Feb 2009

Revoked.
Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:40 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

This claim was almost ready for submission, Cathartis :) . I'll finish it with the last little detailing that's necessary.
Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:59 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Woop woop. Approved!

Nice work! I did find more of those tree issues, otherwise a pretty solid claim. Well done Cathartis and Nemon.
Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:18 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group