Questions? Ask Them Here!

Place to discuss history, story, character development, questlines for factions and other specifics.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Questions? Ask Them Here!

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

This thread is meant to be a catch-all thread for TR-related questions. Read this thread before creating your own, because your question may have already been asked and answered here. Popular questions will be added to this post. This is not for questions relating to quests and walkthroughs and whatnot. We already have a sub-forum for that.

Q. Is there a TR mod for Oblivion?

A. Tamriel Rebuilt created the Stirk mod for Oblivion. We also worked on the Hammerfell province mod for over a year. However, making an entire province's worth of new models for a game with as much model detail as Oblivion's models was a task we found to be quite impractical.

Q. Will we mod for Skyrim?

A. We do not currently have any plans for that. With the way games work, it has become progressively harder to make a mod meet the appropriate standards in newer engines.

Q. When will the next release be?

A. Soon. We expect our frequency of releases to greatly increase after whenever this is.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Moving this topic because frankly it makes more sense to be in a TR-related subforum.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Q: How soon will Map 3 be out? Like, could you give me a rough estimate of the time? If you guys wanna be conservative and not say when, could you tell me whether it will be out in this year?

A:

Q: After the Mainland of Morrowind is done, do you guys think you may start on other parts of Tamriel or make TR compatible with other huge mod projects that are working on places like Cyrodiil, Skyrim, and other places?

A:

Q: What do you guys do if an error is encountered in a mod oyu have published hat has been downloaded by a lot of people? Do you fix the error and re publish the mod or do you just publish a mod that fixes the error(it'd be much more convenient just to make an error fix mod that you put in as a seperate release in my opinion)?

A:

~TheUnending
"*Sips Coffee*"

"The only sure way of taking over the world without your plans being ruined at the eleventh hour by some nosy kid... steal everyone's shoes..."
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Map 3 is a lie
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

shadomis wrote:Q: How soon will Map 3 be out? Like, could you give me a rough estimate of the time? If you guys wanna be conservative and not say when, could you tell me whether it will be out in this year?
A: It's done when it's done. Basic rule of TR. No relaese date will be ever given, unless it's in the final internal testing stage.
shadomis wrote: Q: After the Mainland of Morrowind is done, do you guys think you may start on other parts of Tamriel or make TR compatible with other huge mod projects that are working on places like Cyrodiil, Skyrim, and other places?

A: Nobody knows it. We're far from complete. We have abadoned our TES4 project because our demands were high; not many people can create models with the same level of quality then Bethesda.
shadomis wrote: Q: What do you guys do if an error is encountered in a mod oyu have published hat has been downloaded by a lot of people? Do you fix the error and re publish the mod or do you just publish a mod that fixes the error(it'd be much more convenient just to make an error fix mod that you put in as a seperate release in my opinion)?

A: We always test our mods before a release. Such errors will probably found. We even have our own tester.
If such error still exist, I think we will have this corrected with the next update.

Edit: Cosmetic reasons
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

As we merge SE into a general TR_mainland file, we can fix and add things in map1 and 2 just whenever we want to. It's no longer necessary to have both map1 and map2; You will just get a new TR_mainland file whenever a new release comes out: That always includes all the recent bug fixes in previous release areas and the like.
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Seeing as we are closer to exterior completion than other province projects, I guess they will border match with us - since it will be the simplest solution.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Q: I was reading an article online today, and learned something I never knew before. Bethesda owns all mods created using the TESCS. Do you guys think this may eventually lead to Bethesda getting involved in this project and possibly marketing it, destroying it, or making it better?

A:
"*Sips Coffee*"

"The only sure way of taking over the world without your plans being ruined at the eleventh hour by some nosy kid... steal everyone's shoes..."
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

shadomis wrote:Q: I was reading an article online today, and learned something I never knew before. Bethesda owns all mods created using the TESCS. Do you guys think this may eventually lead to Bethesda getting involved in this project and possibly marketing it, destroying it, or making it better?
Some Bethesda employees have passed comment on some of our work, but I imagine they have enough on their plate without directly interfering in TR. Getting employed by Bethesda Softworks is an exciting thought, but lets face it, they're not Valve, and as such don't have a reputation for hiring promising indies, students and modders. Seeing as our mod deals with a time period of tamriel they're unlikely to visit ever again, I can't imagine them wanting us to stop the project, especially after the 10 or so years the project has existed for.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

Tea is important.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Some Bethesda employees have passed comment on some of our work, but I imagine they have enough on their plate without directly interfering in TR.
So, its possible in the future though that they may get involved in TR? Don't you think it'd be completely awesome if Bethesda Softworks came in and congratulated you all on your work? I think it'd be also awesome if once TR was complete with Mainland Morrowind they came in and put the mod onto discs and online, and actually made it a lot more known and available.

Sorry, just me thinking out-loud as usual.

BTW, if you guys ever need someone to bounce ideas off of and possibly test stuff for you guys(not in real life though, I'm not going to run through a maze looking for cheese or pick which door the cheese is behind), I'm always here :D.

EDIT: Thanks for the name change Thrignar, the name of Shadomis was getting a bit... err... annoying as I haven't used that account name in a very long time ( since Feb. 2010 to be exact).
Last edited by TheUnending on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"*Sips Coffee*"

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

@ your first paragraph: That will never happen. Besides, online distribution is FAR most cost effective than disks. When we finish they'll probably say something, but anything beyond that is silly.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Who uses disks these days anyway? Since the advent of Steam and such, my dvd drive lies dormant a huge amount of the time. Tis kinda sad D:

Tea is important.
Zackg

Post by Zackg »

Nemon wrote:Seeing as we are closer to exterior completion than other province projects, I guess they will border match with us - since it will be the simplest solution.
Speaking for Cyrodiil and Argonia, we will use TR maps to define our borders and line them up with theirs.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Compatibility .esp files for blending the borders will probably prove very useful.

Tea is important.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

TheUnending wrote:Q: I was reading an article online today, and learned something I never knew before. Bethesda owns all mods created using the TESCS. Do you guys think this may eventually lead to Bethesda getting involved in this project and possibly marketing it, destroying it, or making it better?

A:
Neither Bethesda nor Zenimax can legally stop us from working on TR without first creating a new law specifically for such a purpose. They occasionally hire talented modders from the ES community, but it is uncommon. They probably will not acknowledge us beyond the link to our website already on their website, and a mention similar to the previous mentions in BethBlog. The only way they could help make this mod better was by releasing source code or a native .nif importer/exporter.

Also, they don't own any mods. They own the rights to the content they created that is used in most mods.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
KiaYuki

Post by KiaYuki »

Q:My Only question,Say I download from PlanetElderscrolls,Do I need Map1 to play Map2?

A:
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

KiaYuki wrote:Q:My Only question,Say I download from PlanetElderscrolls,Do I need Map1 to play Map2?

A:
An updated version of map 1 is included with the map 2 download.

Tea is important.
isabusl

Post by isabusl »

Q: Can you convert to Oblivion (and Skyrim) the files you made? (esp, esm, scripts, nif)
Is it technically possible?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

There is a means to convert things from morrowind to oblivion, but that is not allowed by Bethesda so we don't like to talk about it.

I'm certain something like this will appear for skyrim as well and be similarly banned.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Q: I heard somewhere, don't ask where because I don't remember, that Nerevar Indoril's body or spirit would be view-able in Necrom, is this true or some crazy fiction/fantasy made up by some wierdo?

A:

~TheUnending

P.S. I'm still willing to be a slave tester of stuff if yall need one(not in real life though, I run through mazes looking for cheese enough already >_<).
"*Sips Coffee*"

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Nerevar will be in necrom as a bonewalker, as that is one of the highest honors that can be conferred upon someone in dunmer society.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Q: Will he have the ability to talk? Will he be a hostile or peaceful NPC?

•TheUnending•

P.S. Yes I ask a lot of questions.
"*Sips Coffee*"

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I don't think he's the chatty kind of guy, being dead and all.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

He will be peaceful.

Tea is important.
isabusl

Post by isabusl »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:There is a means to convert things from morrowind to oblivion, but that is not allowed by Bethesda so we don't like to talk about it.
But, there's a mod which does exactly that:
Morroblivion: http://morroblivion.com/

Q: Is the reverse direction allowed (to convert from Oblivion to Morrowind)?

Q: If I make a quest mod, do I have to use NPC´s, interiors and Objects wich were already made by other Persons?[/url]

I apologize, that my English is not so good because I'm from Germany.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

As we said, converting stuff from one game to the other isn't allowed and we're not going to discuss it.

The quests depend on what you want to do. Our quest claims typically use a lot of already created NPCs. If you want to make your own mod, you can do whatever.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

I don't think he's the chatty kind of guy, being dead and all.
I know quite a few 'dead' people that are quite chatty.

For example: Radac Stungnthumz in the Dwarven ruins under Mounrhold, and Mansilamat Vabdas(from the first Imperial Legion quest on Vvardenfell) in the Gnisis Eggmine.

Some dead people are so chatty you can barely get them to shut their traps :shock:.

I suppose that making him unable to talk is for the best seeing as that would create many issues. I assume you guys have put in an awesome cover for why he doesn't talk or something.

Also, upon my further thinking, wouldn't making a bonewalker of Nerevar in Necrom kind of conflict with things seeing as technically Nerevar is you since you are Nerevar reincarnated?

Just me thinking out-loud again like usual.

~•TheUnending•~

P.S. Will he look like this(http://http://images.uesp.net/e/ef/MWCreature-Bonewalker.jpg) or more fancy?
"*Sips Coffee*"

Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

The ending of Morrowind left things ambiguous as to whether the player was a daedric pawn, an imperial agent, a self-willed hero or actually nerevar reincarnated. That said, bonewalkers are constructed from the bodies of dead people, not their souls like a ghost.

The Nerevar bonewalker will be a unique model.

Tea is important.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

What made me believe that the character is truly Nerevar reincarnated is the fact that the enchantment on Moon-and-Star supposedly prevents anyone that is not Nerevar reborn from wearing it, and the player's character manages to wear it without any difficulty suggests that the player is truly Nerevar reborn.

Also the fact that he fulfilled all of the Nerevarine prophecies may hint to the further fact he is the Nerevarine...

Oh that is an interesting fact Cathartis, seems the old saying is true, you do learn something new every day.

~•TheUnending•~
"*Sips Coffee*"

Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

The Moon and Star is an artifact related to Azura. She probably has full control over who she thinks should be allowed to wear the ring, and only gives it to mortals she believes capable of fulfilling the prophesy. You wouldn't want any old buffoon stealing the ring and spoiling your well-laid plans to dethrone the tribunal and dagoth ur now, would you?

Tea is important.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

No, but then again I'm not laying any plans to dethrone the Tribunal and kick Dagoth Ur's blue-ish grey behind now am I? I'm too busy trying to solve the many mysteries that Vvardenfell holds.

Then again... buffoons sometimes tend to unintentionally set the ground work for more adventures and even better laid plans by messing up the old well laid plans.

Whatever her plans were, she made it very believe-able that the player was the Nerevarine.

*cough* Sorry, I really should be asking questions not chatting...

~•TheUnending•~
"*Sips Coffee*"

isabusl

Post by isabusl »

Q: Will there be a TR mod for Oblivion again?
There are probably lots of interested people. Surely there are many that would help. I myself also like to develop for Oblivion.
Q: Have you done something for Oblivion except Stirk (maybe small parts of Hammerfell)?
isabusl

Post by isabusl »

isabusl wrote:Q: Will there be a TR mod for Oblivion again?
There are probably lots of interested people. Surely there are many that would help. I myself also like to develop for Oblivion.
Q: Have you done something for Oblivion except Stirk (maybe small parts of Hammerfell)?
I've already found out the answer.
[url]http://hammerfell.daryam.com/[/url]
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

TR won't be doing anything for Oblivion in the future. If you'd like to help out with Hammerfell, send me a PM or email.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Q: Is the decline of Great House Indoril going to be attributed to the loss of Nerevar Indoril(long before the game takes place)?

A:

Q: Will we be able to get a stronghold made for us as is the same with the other Great Houses in the game(Hlaalu, Redoran, Telvanni)?

A:

Q: I'm not very aware of the lore between the Dres and Indoril, but will they be allies, enemies, or care less about eachother?

A:
"*Sips Coffee*"

Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

TheUnending wrote:Is the decline of Great House Indoril going to be attributed to the loss of Nerevar Indoril(long before the game takes place)?
I believe it's more due to their not modernising and over-reliance on the declining Temple, their staunch opposition to any and all Imperial interests, and the expansionist attitude of rich and progressive House Hlaalu gradually eroding away their land and income.
TheUnending wrote:Will we be able to get a stronghold made for us as is the same with the other Great Houses in the game(Hlaalu, Redoran, Telvanni)?
Yes, both Dres and Indoril will get faction strongholds in the same style as the Great Houses on Vvardenfell. We will not be adding second strongholds for the three existing Great Houses.

TheUnending wrote:I'm not very aware of the lore between the Dres and Indoril, but will they be allies, enemies, or care less about eachother?
Not sure about this one, but much of the Dres trade in food crops (one of the main sources of income for the house) would take place in Indoril territory, so I guess they're at least on neutral terms.

Tea is important.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

We will not be adding second strongholds for the three existing Great Houses.
I didn't ask if you were, but its good to know that I'll get a nice Indoril style villa to chill in ^_^. That reminds me of another question...

•~Q: Will we be given the opportunity to join House Indoril and even get the House Indoril Stronghold with Sacred East's release?

•~A:
...so I guess they're at least on neutral terms.
So basically they could care less about eachother, they don't really care what the other does.

•~Q: Is House Dres a major or minor Tribunal Temple supporter/ally(like Redoran and Indoril are)?

•~A:
"*Sips Coffee*"

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Great house quest lines won't even start being modded until all of their territories are released. (or at least all the places with councilors) This said, there is a great deal of planning that has already been done.

The Dres are very devout, but in a more traditional way. I'm sure someone else can explain it better.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Velothi

Post by Velothi »

Q: Will House Redoran and House Indoril be connected in their quests due to their alliance, Temple loyalty and hatred of the very expansionist and opportunistic Hlaalu?

Q: What would a general idea of House Redoran quest-line?

Q: How will TR be working with the expansion of Tribunal and Bloodmoon? Since on the one hand - Almalexia and Sotha Sil die and the other we see the Houses (maybe) competing for dominance in Solstheim? As it is an ebony-heaven; and I'm sure all the Houses hate that the Empire is the only one in possession of this.

Q: Will Temple quests be more varied with charities, getting support for the Temple and ultimately setting up new Temples in some villages/cities?

Q: How will House Indoril power be concentrated in Almalexia due to it being the capital of the Holy Royal Government of Morrowind (under Hlaalu dominance)?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

A: We don't know yet

A: We definitely don't know yet

A: Mournhold is in the center of the city of almalexia, bloodmoon is technically claimed by skyrim I think. Point is, irrelevant to morrowind.

A: The temple is ubiquitous in morrowind, they don't need to spread their influence. They just need to deal with things that would disrupt their status and whatnot.

A: The king is politically irrelevant. The true power lies in the heads of the houses, the governor, and the imperial proconsul. The monarchy is an invention of the imperials. Almalexia is the headquarters of both House Indoril and the Temple, that is how it will be concentrated there.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo