Questions? Ask Them Here!

Place to discuss history, story, character development, questlines for factions and other specifics.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

Heartland is just that - the central region of Morrowind. A bit of everything there, so you can't call it anything else but that.
As for other projects: we aim for compatibility, as far as I know. With SHotN, at least. Not too sure about P:C.
Le vent nous portera

Tea is important! - Cathartis
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

Thanks! I was just wondering about what exactly was the difference between Morrowind-Heartland and Cyrodiil-Heartland. Yeah, I'm more of a Cyrodiil expert, Oblivion being my first TES game, and should really be banned from the forums for just that. :D
But that's just my opinion, so it's likely completely stupid.
tkl7

Post by tkl7 »

TheLexicon wrote:Wait. Is there actually a place on the UESP that gives an in-depth discription of EVERYTHING released so far in TR?

EDIT: Yeah, I found it. But I've been looking at the map (TR's release order) titles, and I noticed that one of them (the fifth one) is called "Heartland." Isn't Heartland a region in/around central/northern Cyrodiil? Is there a region of the same name in Morrowind?

And while we are on the topic of Cyrodiil, will this mod be compatable with other area mods like Province: Cyrodiil (probably got the mod name wrong; not sure if Province or Project) and Skyrim: Home of the Nords? Please reply as soon as possible! :D
Are you thinking of the Colovian Highlands?
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

In OB the Heartlands is the region around the Imperial City. [url=http://uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Heartlands]Link[/url]

And yes, TR will be compatible with all reputable province mods, which definitely includes SHotN and P:C. Many modders are members of more than one province mod.
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

That's cool. Thanks for answering! :) But what will TR do after Morrowind? I was thinking about this, and I thought that, after Morrowind, they should do Summerset Isle on Skyrim (game). Mostly because nobody has really ever done Summerset Isle or Valenwood. Do you agree?
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

TheLexicon wrote:That's cool. Thanks for answering! :) But what will TR do after Morrowind? I was thinking about this, and I thought that, after Morrowind, they should do Summerset Isle on Skyrim (game). Mostly because nobody has really ever done Summerset Isle or Valenwood. Do you agree?
We won't do anything after Morrowind, except bug fixing and the occasional update. But this is ten years from now, at earliest.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
tkl7

Post by tkl7 »

Terrifying Daedric Foe wrote:In OB the Heartlands is the region around the Imperial City. [url=http://uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Heartlands]Link[/url]
Interesting, I never knew that. I always thought the area around the Imperial City was the Nibenay Basin.
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

Aww, I was hoping that, since we have so many people working towards one goal, that we'd still be united afterwards to make even more provinces. We are Tamriel Rebuilt, not Morrowind Corrected.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

My prediction is that once we're done with it we'll just be like 'meh, let's rebuild it one more time, but this time let's do it properly' :)
Le vent nous portera

TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

LOL Yeah, I can see that happening :P
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

Post by Silvone Elestahr »

Tamriel Rebuilt Again... I've been envisioning a much better Port Telvannis myself, but I'm far from ready to tackle that.
37: Rejoice as TeeAr rebuilds these lands that have been ravaged by war and famine. May those who STand in his way be smited by his many hands in an unrelenting torment.
-Noirgrim
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

Huh. I always thought TR was pleased with their work.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

TheLexicon wrote:Huh. I always thought TR was pleased with their work.
We're not pleased enough that we wouldn't consider revising later on. Personally, I'd like to see some exterior changes to the Telvanni region, but as of now it's very low priority.
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

Oh. Sorry about that. Guess I shpuld be more respectable to these great people working on an awesome mod. But, I mean, if we have everyone here and faithully working on such a large-scale project, shouldn't they stay formed and continue their work of reconstructing Tamriel ad the title suggests? I don't know, it's just what I think. :/
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Some of us plan to die of old age at some point
Test
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

Hmm.... Yeah, I've noticed how long this project has been in existence. Whatever happened to our exalted Ender anyway?
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

TheLexicon wrote:Hmm.... Yeah, I've noticed how long this project has been in existence. Whatever happened to our exalted Ender anyway?
I don't know exactly (I wasn't there at the time), but judging off an interview that Ender once had with another member, it would appear that Ender ended up leaving, believing the project could be managed without him without serious consequence.
TheLexicon wrote:Oh. Sorry about that. Guess I shpuld be more respectable to these great people working on an awesome mod. But, I mean, if we have everyone here and faithully working on such a large-scale project, shouldn't they stay formed and continue their work of reconstructing Tamriel ad the title suggests? I don't know, it's just what I think. :/
There are some separate projects which intend to build Cyrodiil and Skyrim into the Morrowind engine which are like TR (some of us are a part of them).

Skyrim: Home of the Nords
Province: Cyrodil

Also, considering the mammoth amounts of work it's going to take to create the mainland, it's a little early to start thinking about things like creating other provinces.
gro-dahl wrote:Some of us plan to die of old age at some point
"SLOAD. SOAP. IS. NOT. SOAP"- TF

"As to where the ash comes from.. fuck if I care." -Sload

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu

Claims Completed: 4
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

Okay, thanks for replying! But how far has Province: Cyrodiil and Skyrim: Home of the Nords progressed, if they have not been abandoned? And, if I had Morrowind with maybe MGE, the Overhaul pack, and both of these mods with TR installed, how f#%ked up will my computer will be? Will it just be impossible?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

There is an official Bethesda forum for Morrowind mods where you can follow the progress of TR and other mods like Province: Cyrodiil, MGE, et al. It is found here:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/86-iii-morrowind/
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Myzel
Developer Emeritus

Post by Myzel »

TheLexicon wrote:Aww, I was hoping that, since we have so many people working towards one goal, that we'd still be united afterwards to make even more provinces. We are Tamriel Rebuilt, not Morrowind Corrected.
I think the fate of our Hammerfell project says enough about the difficulty of constructing an entirely new province from scratch.
Myzel's Art gallery: [url]http://themyzel.deviantart.com/[/url]
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

Thanks, Haplo, for giving me this link. I should follow Province Cyrodiil more, seeing as how Cyrodiil is one of my four favourite provinces! (Hope that sentence doesn't get me banned.)

Anyway, I know that some people who work for TR also pitch in with these other awesome mods, so the compatibility is assured. But will my computer lag Morrowind like unpatched Skyrim on PS3?

And which combat mod would you suggest for Morrowind? I would like to find a combat overhaul that makes it more like Oblivion (blows actually connect, don't have to ready magic as if it is completely seperate from the weapons combat, etc.)

And am I annoying you guys? Sorry!
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

No ban threat for such ideas.
Your computer might take quite a while just to save a game, since so much data has to be written to a single file. Other than that, we really don't know. A full Morrowind province runs ok on a decent computer, although half of the landscape is very WIP.

Combat mods? I don't know, check the official forums for better answers. No, you're not annoying us. This thread is for questions.
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

Thanks! Ah, what a relief that I'm not annoying anyone (yet), but I think I will just wait for Morrowind Overhaul to release all of the gameplay alterations.

Wish I was playing Morrowind right now...
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

gro-Dhal wrote:Some of us plan to die of old age at some point
That is such a defeatist attitude. I for one intend to live forever.
Last edited by Why on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Numenorean

Post by Numenorean »

After reading "How to tune your Hoom" in the literature section, i'm in fact quite interested how a Hoom may look like. Sounds, in the true sense of the word, like a really interesting creature.

And, btw, what about Skylamps? ;)
roerich
Developer

Post by roerich »

Numenorean wrote:After reading "How to tune your Hoom" in the literature section, i'm in fact quite interested how a Hoom may look like. Sounds, in the true sense of the word, like a really interesting creature.
[url]http://imgur.com/qa7k6[/url]
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

Hahaha. A Hoom is one of those things with horns to play music, right? They should have them play Silt Sunrise.:)
Numenorean

Post by Numenorean »

Thanks, roerich!

This creature looks absolutely priceless. ;)
Arizzi

Post by Arizzi »

Are there any higher res versions of the new textures in tr?

Also I would like to say that I'm really impressed with your work, but It seems that some areas such as firewatch and necrom arent very detailed. Is this something you guys aim to change in the future? What is policy regarding graphical fidelity of the added content?
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

We keep the texture resolution the same as standard Morrowind. Some of the Necrom texture are just a bit blurry and could do with an update. I wouldn't expect that to happen any time soon..
--Mwgek--
Matrimelee

Post by Matrimelee »

How do you guys handle interior lighting. Do you use the same values as Vanilla Morrowind or altered values like the ones from TLM (less green, more blue)?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I don't know what TLM is, but we tend to use values modestly lower than vanilla.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Numenorean

Post by Numenorean »

Do you plan to flesh out the Inlet Bog Region a litte more? A bit additional lore / background, maybe even a Dunmeri Name instead of Inlet Bog? :)
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

It's a giant treacherous swamp. How much more lore does it need? I don't remember the Bitter Coast having an extensive background behind it, besides all the smuggling going on.I'm pretty sure most of the Inlet Bog was included in the last release anyway, except the western edge where the player's Indoril stronghold will be located.

Inlet Bog is a fine name, in my opinion. It's simple, to the point, and has a nice ring to it. I certainly don't see any reason to replace it with a random Dunmer one. English names for regions certainly aren't out of the ordinary in Morrowind. There were more of them on Vvardenfell than Dunmer ones, so if we want consistency we shouldn't use only names in the native language. :)
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Numenorean

Post by Numenorean »

Well, from this perspective you're right, of course.
I'm just quite impressed by TR's expanded lore / background, so at first glance, it's not easy to understand the lack of more details, background, history in a part of Morrowind (maybe the game with the most interesting and complex lore in TES.)
But yes, the Bitter Coast hasn't much lore (except "The Smuggler's Coast"), an English name and works too, so even the best Morrowind lore may easily become overdone, when it's out of place. ;)
Neren

Post by Neren »

Hello!
I started my morrowind again because I reinstalled my computer and the save didnt work anymore.

I start again with the telvanni house, but this time I want a new faction aside of it. I tried fighters guild. And in UESP
it readed that telvanni and fighter guild dont hate each other so that it whould be my another faction.
Still I saw that the fighters guild order to excecute four telvanni agents!
I dont want to mess the story meaning so does anyone know
another guild what I could be with the telvanni house?
Please help.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

You can do that quest even if you're a member of House Telvanni.
Le vent nous portera

cookie16
Developer

Post by cookie16 »

I was browsing TR Tumblr and someone asked about Necrom Vault and I can't find any lore for this, could someone explain to me what it is suppose to be?
Adanorcil
Developer Emeritus

Post by Adanorcil »

cookie16 wrote:I was browsing TR Tumblr and someone asked about Necrom Vault and I can't find any lore for this, could someone explain to me what it is suppose to be?
It does not exist. It is a lie. It is most assuredly not a key feature of the defense of Morrowind against the Devil under Red Mountain. Any rumors you may have heard that claim otherwise are falsehoods thought up by madmen, agitators and heretics. By Tribunate Law, the originators of such fancies are to be delivered to the nearest Temple for questioning.

Move along, outlander.
Darthen

Post by Darthen »

Hi,

I tried to find an answer to my question from your website and from this forum, but didn't find it. My question is about your upcoming update Almalexia. I read that you are going to delete the original campaing (where the Dark Brotherhood attacks you and you go to Mournhold and so on), so you can open the city of Almalexia. Are you going to do this quest in your own terms, so that when you play the game, it at some point starts this Mournhold and Dark Brotherhood mission? Or should I play the vanilla version before downloading TR?

Second question, did I understand correctly, that adding TR doesn't affect the original game's main quest?

Thank you for your answers. I'm really looking forward to this, as I am going to start playing Morrowind after three years break, thanks to your work.