Questions? Ask Them Here!

Place to discuss history, story, character development, questlines for factions and other specifics.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Kinch

Post by Kinch »

I don't know if this already exists on the site, and I haven't found it (though if I do before this question is responded to, I'll delete this message), but is there a map somewhere that has the mainland split up into all its exterior cells, or all those that have been delineated?
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Darthen wrote:Hi,

I tried to find an answer to my question from your website and from this forum, but didn't find it. My question is about your upcoming update Almalexia. I read that you are going to delete the original campaing (where the Dark Brotherhood attacks you and you go to Mournhold and so on), so you can open the city of Almalexia. Are you going to do this quest in your own terms, so that when you play the game, it at some point starts this Mournhold and Dark Brotherhood mission? Or should I play the vanilla version before downloading TR?

Second question, did I understand correctly, that adding TR doesn't affect the original game's main quest?

Thank you for your answers. I'm really looking forward to this, as I am going to start playing Morrowind after three years break, thanks to your work.
Currently, Tamriel Rebuilt does not effect any original quests. At some point in the future, Tamriel Rebuilt will disable the quest which brings the player to Tribunal's Mournhold, and the content from Tribunal will be re-implemented in Tamriel Rebuilt.

Downloading and activating the current Tamriel Rebuilt mod will not have any effect on original quests; once Tamriel Rebuilt begins disabling some quests, there will be an "opt-in" choice to re-enable those quests for your playthrough.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Kinch wrote:I don't know if this already exists on the site, and I haven't found it (though if I do before this question is responded to, I'll delete this message), but is there a map somewhere that has the mainland split up into all its exterior cells, or all those that have been delineated?
I don't know exactly what this question is, but Tamriel Rebuilt has several different maps depicting different kinds of data about the mainland. What in specific are you looking for?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Kinch

Post by Kinch »

Sload wrote:
Kinch wrote:I don't know if this already exists on the site, and I haven't found it (though if I do before this question is responded to, I'll delete this message), but is there a map somewhere that has the mainland split up into all its exterior cells, or all those that have been delineated?
I don't know exactly what this question is, but Tamriel Rebuilt has several different maps depicting different kinds of data about the mainland. What in specific are you looking for?
I see that development of the mainland is split up into exterior claims, and seeing how those exterior claims are numbered, I was wondering if there was some sort of coordinate system to it, and if so, I was wondering if there is a map somewhere of the mainland (or different chunks) that delineates all of these.
Envy123

Post by Envy123 »

I'm wondering - will TR ever use OpenMW's eventual advanced capabilities? Or is it ruled out?
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Much of our current planning is already done OpenMW in mind. Whatever those capabilities will be, we'll be using them.
cookie16
Developer

Post by cookie16 »

Rats wrote:Much of our current planning is already done OpenMW in mind. Whatever those capabilities will be, we'll be using them.
This is the first time I heard about this, anywhere I can read the discussion or planning around this?
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

That's a great overstatement - nothing's been explicitly planned for OMW, it's just wistfully mentioned whenever something is too much of a hassle to deal with on vanilla. But when the features start rolling out they'll be used for sure
Annon
Developer

Post by Annon »

Kinch wrote:
Sload wrote:
I see that development of the mainland is split up into exterior claims, and seeing how those exterior claims are numbered, I was wondering if there was some sort of coordinate system to it, and if so, I was wondering if there is a map somewhere of the mainland (or different chunks) that delineates all of these.
This one exists. Its pretty slow though. There was a maps section before the site was rebuilt which also had some other maps, but I don't know what happened to them.

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/map/?mode=0&map=1

You can replace the last number in the address to see each corresponding map.
Rouncole

How to install correctly.

Post by Rouncole »

Hey guys, im not very good at modding with this game, I know how to add a mob but there seems to be a number of problems with a project this size...

For a while I used to have giant notifications walking around and loads of errors that would make my game crash, I figured that part out a while back and honestly dont remember how I did it... xD

Then I had this issue with double of everything... Everywhere I go and everything I see there are two of them including NPCs... So I think its safe to say that im doing something wrong...

So yeah, if someone could point me in the right direction to a tutorial or something I would appreciate that.

Also, do I use all the files from the project or just the latest ones?
Rouncole

Post by Rouncole »

Annon wrote:
Kinch wrote:
Sload wrote: I don't know exactly what this question is, but Tamriel Rebuilt has several different maps depicting different kinds of data about the mainland. What in specific are you looking for?
This one exists. Its pretty slow though. There was a maps section before the site was rebuilt which also had some other maps, but I don't know what happened to them.

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/map/?mode=0&map=1

You can replace the last number in the address to see each corresponding map.
Something im curious about is if there is a map somewhere of the whole world? When I got my Xbox version of the game it came with this neat map of VVardenfell and all this stuff marked out on it, but now that were off the map its like flying blind... Anything like that around?
Rouncole

Post by Rouncole »

Is this site dead?
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

No, things are slow right now with all the restructuring. Many of us are currently tied up with life stuff outside TR, though you're more likely to get a response on our IRC Channel rather than our forum. Due to TR being a volunteer project (for a much older game), progress and activity tend to see-saw, but we are far from dead, and unlikely to die anytime soon. I wish people would stop thinking that :P

To answer your question though, yes we have maps of our landmass, but mostly for planning purposes. We have maps on our old main page too, though those are so outdated they're not worth linking to.

This is a map of our entire landmass generated from the createmaps function, displaying an overhead of our entire landmass in its' current state in terms of exteriors (at least up to May of this year). (Actual playable area is much less, comprised of the norteastern peninsular portion of the map, while the unfinished brown mass to the south is yet to be started).

This is the latest map I'm working on, derived from the previous one. It will have more detail and labeled settlements, though it's more for planning purposes. Eventually I intend to draw a full finished map once our landmass is complete in the same style as the illustrated map shipped with the original game, though that is something far down the road.

Hope that was helpful, also welcome to the forums! :)
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Rouncole

Post by Rouncole »

Swiftoak Woodwarrior wrote:No, things are slow right now with all the restructuring. Many of us are currently tied up with life stuff outside TR, though you're more likely to get a response on our IRC Channel rather than our forum. Due to TR being a volunteer project (for a much older game), progress and activity tend to see-saw, but we are far from dead, and unlikely to die anytime soon. I wish people would stop thinking that :P

To answer your question though, yes we have maps of our landmass, but mostly for planning purposes. We have maps on our old main page too, though those are so outdated they're not worth linking to.

This is a map of our entire landmass generated from the createmaps function, displaying an overhead of our entire landmass in its' current state in terms of exteriors (at least up to May of this year). (Actual playable area is much less, comprised of the norteastern peninsular portion of the map, while the unfinished brown mass to the south is yet to be started).

This is the latest map I'm working on, derived from the previous one. It will have more detail and labeled settlements, though it's more for planning purposes. Eventually I intend to draw a full finished map once our landmass is complete in the same style as the illustrated map shipped with the original game, though that is something far down the road.

Hope that was helpful, also welcome to the forums! :)
I guess that helps somewhat...

My original question got lost in the shuffle it seems...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, im not very good at modding with this game, I know how to add a mob but there seems to be a number of problems with a project this size...

For a while I used to have giant notifications walking around and loads of errors that would make my game crash, I figured that part out a while back and honestly dont remember how I did it... xD

Then I had this issue with double of everything... Everywhere I go and everything I see there are two of them including NPCs... So I think its safe to say that im doing something wrong...

So yeah, if someone could point me in the right direction to a tutorial or something I would appreciate that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the moment I am trying to build the perfect game out of what mods are available... I am trying to distinguish what mods are lore friendly and what mods arent but can be adapted in some way...

This game is just to classic to be out dated... Compared to it the latest ones are dull and uninteresting... Sure Skyrim as better graphics and fight scenes, but what do you do the vast majority of the game? The vast majority of the time spent is either in travel or sorting crap that you have collected from the world...

To me the whole idea of the world being an actual place with actual people living in it is just amazing... I bet no one ever found the axe hidden the large stump behind the lighthouse in Saydaneen... The new games have a good atmosphere but lack the real creativity and imagination that a free roaming RPG is supposed to have...
Dragon32

Re: How to install correctly.

Post by Dragon32 »

Rouncole wrote:Hey guys, im not very good at modding with this game, I know how to add a mob but there seems to be a number of problems with a project this size...

Sounds like you didn't register the TR BSA properly. IIRC, there are instructions in how to do that in the readme. Kingpix's [url=http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/1193-morrowind-bsa-registration-utility/]Morrowind BSA Registration Utility[/url] will do it automatically.

That should fix your missing meshes etc.

As to doubling it sounds like you've multiple copies of TR_Mainland.esm loaded (or maybe also TR_Map1.esm and TR_Map2.esm). You don;t need to load Map 1 and Map 2 with TR_Mainland.esm as TR_Mainland.esm includes all the officially released Tamriel Rebuilt content.

I'd suggest running [url=http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1487854-relz-mlox-analyze-and-sort-your-load-order/]mlox[/url] on your load order.

If you still have problems then please post your mod list (found at the bottom or morrowind.ini) and the contents of your warnings.txt (in the same directory as morrowind.ini)
theStormWeaver

Post by theStormWeaver »

Q: Would you say that TR is mostly high-level, low-level, or more evenly distributed content? I'm wondering if I should hang out on Vvardenfell with my new character until i'm decently leveled or if I can evenly distribute my adventuring across the 'entire' province.
letshavecake

Post by letshavecake »

Why are Ordinators in Mourning the main guard type for all of Necrom? It seems a little weird.
I mean, they come off as another special type of Ordinator, so you would think they wouldn't be the bread and butter guard for the entire large city, kinda like how Her Hand just guards Mournhold and not all of Almalexia(Or at least, are supposed to).
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

A couple of stupid questions.
The final version of the Great Houses will be divided into continental and island?
How will the Tribunal made​​? This is a continuation of the main quest on the continent?
Will there be new quests added to the island to tie it to the mainland?
Telvannis in the current version is close to the final, and will be presented in this form, or it is also alpha, like the rest of the map?
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

@theStormWeaver: sorry for not replying to this earlier. If the answer still interests you: the general approach of TR is that the player should be able to explore the mainland fresh off the boat, much like Vvardenfell. Currently, higher and lower level areas are planned; Telvannis would mostly be higher level, Indoril lands mostly lower level, for instance. There are some exterior encounters in the current file that might prove a bit much for low-level characters, but for the most part you should be good to go.

@letshavecake: once again, sorry for the late reply. The Ordinators in Mourning are the main guard for Necrom the same way the Ordinators are the main guard for Vivec. (Ordinators having presence beyond Vivec is mostly a product of Tribunal, which introduced the Mournhold Ordinators, and this project; in the context of vanilla Morrowind they were essentially unique to Vivec).
Necrom is a very holy settlement, even predating the Tribunal; possibly the oldest of Morrowind's existing holy cities. Aside from being the traditional burial place of Dunmer, (the details are a little hazy there), the city marks the place where the prophet Veloth either ended his pilgrimage, according to Temple doctrine, or perhaps continued east past Tamriel.

Especially considering the fact that Morrowind has been attacked from the east before, from Akavir, I don't think it's too surprising that Necrom would, as such, get a dedicated elite guard unit.

@Biboran: going through your questions:

-no, the Houses will by internally unified. TR has changed its stance on this.
-I don't really understand this question; the phrasing is a little off. TR may expand on Morrowind's original mainquest, and will likely emulate and eventually replace Tribunal's mainquest. Whether changes will be made to either questline and the scope of any changes remains to be seen, though.
Aside from possible expansion of Tribunal's mainquest, I consider it unlikely that TR would do much with the Tribunal as characters; in my opinion they have already been explored quite thoroughly by Morrowind and Tribunal. But again, anything is possible.
-this is not clear; it is possible, but more likely that, at most, TR will just adjust the dialogue of existing vanilla quests.
-we plan to eventually redo Telvannis, as we feel it no longer meets our standards. However, it is quite possible that Telvannis will only be redone after we're done with the rest of the province.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

@Gnomey
1.Cool! What about Imperial legion and other organizations?
Maybe it will be possible to fully join the "Twin Lamps" or Camonna Tong?
2.Ok. I just meant how the tribunal will be realized. I always imagined that this is a continuation of the main quest of the game. Firstly you killed Dagoth Ur, after this assassins was attacked you. At first you need to find Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary across the province, then you need to find Clockwork City. Thus, in whole province was involved in the main quest.
3.How so? I thought it would be something like this: in the center there is a new character who asks to bring him from Balmora to Firevach. Or this: in quest "Kill Necromancer Tashpi Ashibael", if you leave her alive, she asked to take her to the continent. Then someone in one of the provincial offices of the guild finds out that she is alive and it will be continued this quest.
4.Very Cool

You expand quest like Pilgrimages of the Seven Graces?
Originally we had to visit seven altars of Vivec.
On the continent can be done similar quests for altars of Sotha Sil and Almalexia
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

1. I don't think we have a clear stance on any faction at the moment. I do think it would make sense if the Imperial Guilds maintained fairly distinct branches in each of Morrowind's administrative districts, including Vvardenfell, but the branches would probably still interact with each other.
For most of the other factions, such as the Tribunal Temple and Morag Tong, I do not think such an internal division would make much sense.
As for the Camonna Tong and Twin Lamps, I'd think those factions would at any rate be lower priority. I don't know about the Twin Lamps, but I think it unlikely that the Camonna Tong would become a full standalone playable faction, as the player is an outlander, and as such shunned by the faction. Instead, I'd imagine that the player might simply have further interaction with those factions through other questlines. (House Hlaalu for the Camonna Tong, possibly Imperial Cult or something for the Twin Lamps).
2. Yeah, as I said that's not clear, and certainly not high priority at the moment; we'll probably have to reach a consensus on that at a later date.
3. I misunderstood your question somewhat. While it is likely that NPCs who go to the mainland would actually appear in the mainland, and while it would be possible for quests to be carried over, that sort of thing will probably be decided on a case-by-case basis; I don't know of any general stance.
I do know that there was talk a while back of the player meeting Vodunius Nuccius again with an additional quest relating to him, but that's about it. As for Tashpi Ashibael, she appears to not so much have gotten in trouble with the Mages Guild as with Ranis Athrys in particular, and I always assumed that to be more of a personal, probably one-sided feud. I doubt anyone on the mainland would concern themselves with her.

I don't know if we'll touch the Pilgrimage of the Seven Graces, but my assumption would be no. Vivec appears to have a special relationship with Vvardenfell, and considering the importance of numerology with the Temple the number of pilgrimages are probably 'seven' for a reason.
That being said, we will be adding at least one pilgrimage to the mainland, in which they player will follow the path the prophet Veloth took across Morrowind, and adding separate pilgrimages for Almalexia and Sotha Sil has been discussed before.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

@Gnomey
Cool, thanks.
And the last question (sorry for a lot stupid questions and my english, but TR is very interested and, I think, the best modification for morrowind of all time)
Border of map is... square. I know this is engine constraint, but this is can be fixed?
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

If you're referring to the in-game map window, TR will indeed probably not change its shape, though if that's the case I'm curious as to what shape you would prefer.

If you're referring to the shape of Morrowind itself, when this mod is done it will naturally have a complex border roughly as shown in [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/download.php?id=21761]this outdated map[/url], with no square lines at all.

If you mean the fact that Morrowind's map doesn't show Tamriel Rebuilt's terrain past a certain point, the [url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Morrowind_Code_Patch]Morrowind Code Patch[/url] fixes that.

I don't think the questions were stupid, by the way, and I hope I managed to answer them to your satisfaction. :)
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

I mean this [url]http://rghost.ru/58270029.view[/url]
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Ah yeah. While not exactly fixes, there are mods aiming to recreate Cyrodiil and Skyrim, which will at least extend the blocky-ness westwards. Otherwise, I'm not sure if the border will end up looking any better when the mod is finished. It could, I just don't know.

There is a very easy way to make the border smoother, though: just look at how the southern half of Morrowind looks on that map. The jagged edges of the cells just need to be sunk into the sea. I'm just not sure if TR will bother to do so.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

there are mods aiming to recreate Cyrodiil and Skyrim
Wow. Where can I find out about them? They mades by ​​TR fans?
On the Internet I found something like that. Development screens of the old TR, and a sketch of Cyrodiil, but I do not know about it.

[url]http://rghost.ru/58312869.view[/url]
[url]http://rghost.ru/58312882.view[/url]
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

Here you go.

[url=http://provincecyrodiil.project-tamriel.com/]Province: Cyrodiil[/url]
[url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]

They're not directly affiliated with TR, but they do share info and devs.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Thank you, Theminimanx. Not bad, but not the same level of quality. If TR doing these provinces, everything would have looked much better and more holistic, I think.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Biboran wrote:Thank you, Theminimanx. Not bad, but not the same level of quality. If TR doing these provinces, everything would have looked much better and more holistic, I think.
Careful there, many of us are also involved either P:C or SHotN or both :-) Based on the little bits and pieces that I've acquainted myself with I'd say both projects are of a very high quality though perhaps with a different aesthetic take than what TR would've had if we hadn't abandoned the notion of actually rebuilding the entire continent.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Well, yes. I'm talking primarily about the integrity and style. When everything does one team, it gets more seamless, and for me the most important thing. The questions I just asked about this. Based on the responses and the screenshots, TR is well integrated in the original game. A Cyrodiil and Skyrim maybe not, but if they will be as one with the TR and original game, it will be a wonderful mods.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Biboran wrote:Cyrodiil and Skyrim maybe not, but if they will be as one with the TR and original game, it will be a wonderful mods.
Seeing as how they're different provinces, they aren't going to look all that similar to Morrowind.
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

But there is a common style in the world. After watching some videos about the mod on Skyrim, I got the feeling that it's gothic or warcraft.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Biboran wrote:But there is a common style in the world. After watching some videos about the mod on Skyrim, I got the feeling that it's gothic or warcraft.
With only a handful of videos online, none of them, in my opinion, resemble Gothic or World of Warcraft in the slightest. Take [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbmRT0_H4X4]this mesa cave[/url] or [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz56uA1pLBE]The Reach demo[/url] or [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPWiEc6xnqw]Vorndgad Forest[/url]. I think we've done an incredible job at extending the world of TESIII while staying true to the TESIII style and lore. Note that these are a few years old.

What exactly in these videos reminds you of Gothic or World of Warcraft? Maybe we can address that at SHOTN.

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

The Reach demo and Vorndgad Forest do not look like skyrim. It's simple forest like Silverpine Forest from WOW. New textures that were added very highlighted. I have not seen remarkable objects that would make me think that this is the Reach. Huge dense lowland forest with cities like in the arena (the houses and flat ground reminded me of them). Surely, in Skyrim there are such places and a lot of them, but it is not tes2, the territory are very compressed. You need to show the features of the essence of these places.
See how made ​​the border areas with Skype in TR or in Soltsheim. Or try to look on tes5: [url]http://media.edge-online.com/wp-content/uploads/edgeonline/2013/02/SkyrimReach4.jpg[/url]. Can you imagine something like that, but in the style of Morrowind?
Do not try to make great graphics and elaborate, do so, as did the developers in 2002-2003.
TR do so now, and it turns out great. [url]http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/sites/default/files/images/cormar%204.jpg[/url]

In your place I would try to cooperate more with the developers of TP, as well as to begin with the Eastmarch and the Rift, continue TR work. On the cells begin to fill, for example, the way in Skyrim after the outpost in the north of Morrowind. Add after the passage tavern, for example, and so on. If a style is lost, it will be immediately visible. In addition, you will be able to issue releases with TR and players will be able to get something more than a single unit.
This is just my opinion only. I am just a player with a great experience, but not more than, all of you can see better.
Marandahir

Post by Marandahir »

Biboran, one thing you might take note is that Skyrim HotN existed in development from before TESV: Skyrim was ever even teased, so while TESV has had some more recent design influences upon HotN, they've taken many areas in a completely different direction. So the Reach is not going to look like the Reach of TESV.

YMMV on whether this is a good thing; I loved certain aspects about TESV: Skyrim (environments and wilderness areas specifically), but disliked others (smallness of the world, how even the big cities felt tiny and there were only a handful of villages and other one-building settlements – a complaint I had of TESIV: Oblivion as well).

Home of the Nords probably will never feel like Skyrim as it ought-to-have been because it's got TESV:Skyrim to compete with, but in many aspects it'll feel superior, even if in other ones (graphics especially) it falls short. This is part of why, I believe personally, that it is a good thing that the Tamriel Rebuilt project shrunk its focus to JUST completing Morrowind. Bethesda isn't revisiting Morrowind anytime soon (outside of the revist to Solstheim they made, but their new take on Solstheim was actually pretty close to the same size as it was in TESIII, making it disproportionate to the mainland, but oh well). Therefore, Morrowind feels like something we can accept in old graphics, especially with so many retexture artists invested in Morrowind. I'm not so sure people really WANT to see fan-versions of other provinces at the same time, when Bethesda is giving us "official" versions at a faster pace. But again, personal opinion. What they've done thus far with S:HotN and P:C are really awesome. I just don't have the same invested interest in "doing those right" as with Morrowind; it's a different sort of thing. Those feel more like, "we didn't like TESIV or TESV, so we're going to do those worldspaces over at TESIII scale and timeline;" while TR's Morrowind project has a very different feel, because it's showing us areas never been seen (Arena and TES:O notwithstanding…).
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

You're right, but I do not mean to do "like in tes5". I meant that the very area in those videos do not look good. In terms of design and leveling... and texturing. Too unprofessional. Attempts to increase the visible detail, convey the spirit of the province, but it turned out as something wrong. I would explain more, but I do not have my knowledge of English.
It would be interesting to know what would make these places the main developers of the TR.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Have you ever actually played SHOTN's Vorndgad Forest release? I actually had a very similar opinion to the one that you have now, about how they work. But I decided to download their landmass just to try things out, and I loved it. You may find that it is much better than you really think it is. (Just about the same thing goes for P:C)
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

As a major contributor to Skyrim: Home of the Nords, I can honestly agree that the style of our early lands have a very different aesthetic to them compared to vanilla Morrowind. Whether people enjoy this difference is up to them.

Our version of the Reach is closer to High Rock in how it looks compared to Skryim, simply due to its location as a border region between the two provinces. We plan on it offering many different geographic styles, not just forest:

http://scamp.blogspot.com/2012/04/claimwinery.html
http://scamp.blogspot.com/2013/10/claim-mesa-2.html
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

I also want to add that we're not replicating TESV: Skyrim. I actually thought this years ago before I joined and made complaints that SHOTN or PC didn't look like their corresponding games. But we're really designing those provinces based off of our interpretation of the lore that is given for that time period.
Our resources and capabilities are limited due to the gamebryo engine but that's not to say we can't utilize OpenMW in years to come.

Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

All of ShotN's previously released areas (which admittedly isn't much) have been designed by a single modder many years ago. To be fair, he is a huge fan of the Gothic series, it's hard to deny that he wasn't influenced by these games.
Biboran wrote:I meant that the very area in those videos do not look good. In terms of design and leveling... and texturing. Too unprofessional. It would be interesting to know what would make these places the main developers of the TR.
Constructive criticism is good and very much appreciated. Even though you admit that your English may not be good, you should know that you phrased that very poorly. We put a lot of effort into making textures and creating believable locations.

I was a major contributor to the western Morrowind province exteriors. So, what you can see at P:C is how a TR developer would make "these places" in Cyrodiil. We can't use vanilla assets in order to create a jungle (nor can we use vanilla assets to create Skyrim's regions bordering High Rock). That's why it looks different.

Btw, if you really wish to express criticism towards our style and level design, you'd better go to the appropriate forums linked above. This thread is about TR; moderators should probably move this somewhere else anyway.
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]