q2-29-Imp

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Great work so far! Not a review in any reasonable meaning of this word, but just some observations. Thanks to rot for helping me out at times.

[Note: I am not sure if this list includes everything that was said on the channel.]

TR_m2_Laalalvo_Irano00000000 Akamora, Guild of Fighters 3779 4099 12674 "Rats: 'Olmu Llendu' topic doesn't link to next quest"

typo "northen".

map path in the book you added should start with "TR/".

Why is script TR_m2_q_29_2_failquest not stopped?

Global variable shambaludridrea should be renamed TR_m2_q_29_shambaludridrea.

Global script TR_m2_q_29_OlmuTravel needs to stop after Olmu is dead!!

Does TR_m2_q_29_AkaStatScript ever stop if the player does NOT fuck up so much that the guild is ousted forever?

On the topic "Guild's standing in Akamora", I still don't understand how Indoril is supposed to SELL the guildhall to the guild if the guild is being banished from town at the same time. I'd think having to BUY it from the guild for a rather steep price sounds like a better check-and-balance. Loreheads??

"path description to Telomas Manor seems wrong"

"Laalalvo's 'bodyguards' topic in the 2nd quest (when the murder has happened but is yet to be investigated) first sounds like 'Flaalsa won't be of any help', then becomes 'ask Flaalsa'. might need some more explaining of this apparent contradiction"

TR_m2_Flaalsa Irano00000000 Akamora, Guard Tower -24 -421 1794 "dialogue mentions 'noble families' too often, maybe replace'all the noble families were under a malicious charm' by 'everyone was under a malicious charm'"

TR_m2_Idros Llothri00000000 Akamora, Morag Tong Guildhall 7889 3949 14850 "typo in 'assassination of the Telomas' response: 'it carried it out'"

TR_m2_Dalave Reni00000000 Akamora, Mining Head Office 4422 4025 14786 "greeting typo: 'we're' should be 'were'"

TR_m2_Selari Danaran00000000 Akamora, Guard Tower -155 -85 2178 "topic 'assassination of the Telomas' typo in dialogue result: 'sneak into to'"

TR_m2_Selari Danaran00000000 Akamora, Guard Tower -155 -85 2178 "also in the same dialogue result, 'casted' should be 'cast'"

TR_m2_Flaalsa Irano00000000 Akamora, Guard Tower -22 -422 1794 "might have postmortem comments on quest 2"

TR_m2_Laalalvo_Irano00000000 Akamora, Guild of Fighters 3780 4097 12674 "typo 'Times has passed' in journal entry"

"journal entry 'Laalalvo Irano has tasked me with slaying the vampire Akavorioc. Irano' ends abruptly"

TR_m2_Selari Danaran00000000 Akamora, Guard Tower -12 -385 2178 "if i kill her without ever mentioning the topic, i get paralysed but the paralysis never wears off"

TR_m2_Laalalvo_Irano00000000 Akamora, Guild of Fighters 3786 4094 12674 "again, next quest unlinekd"

TR_m2_Laalalvo_Irano00000000 Akamora, Guild of Fighters 3786 4093 12674 "might show more amusement about still getting missions from nobles in her dialogue"

TR_m2_Ahhazi00000000 Akamora, Arenim Manor 2484 3958 16450 "might have sth to say about surol's strangeness"

Not sure but I suspect you want to have TR_m2_q_29_4_Surol corpses-persistent if you wish to mess around with her by script/dialogue result.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Thanks arvis! : )
arvisrend wrote:On the topic "Guild's standing in Akamora", I still don't understand how Indoril is supposed to SELL the guildhall to the guild if the guild is being banished from town at the same time. I'd think having to BUY it from the guild for a rather steep price sounds like a better check-and-balance. Loreheads??
Regarding this, here's Laalalvo's dialogue in question for the Lore people (tweaked it a bit, but it's basically the same):
Laalalvo Irano wrote:Though the presence of a Fighters Guild chapter in every major city is often taken for granted in the West, this far in the East that is not the case. Our existence greatly depends on our standing in the eyes of the local people--mainly the local nobility. I can explain you the bureaucracy behind all this if you're interested.

[Continue]

Our guildhall is under lease from the Indoril Council. House Indoril has always been more or less openly hostile towards all Imperial guilds in Morrowind, let alone the ones in the very heart of their territory. Luckily, the current reading of the Treaty of Armistice provides us with certain protective privileges. Before the Council can end a chapter's lease contract they must first offer the Guild chapter in question a chance to buy the hall where they operate from the Council for a reasonably low price.

[Continue]

So, in short, it all comes down to money. If our Guild chapter performs poorly, we'll get fewer contracts. And fewer contracts means less income to fund our operations. The main chapter would of course help to keep us on our feet for a while, but maintaining a chapter that doesn't return profit is just bad business. We'd soon be poor and on our own. And then the Indoril would just tell us to either pay the price or walk. And without the gold, we'd have to walk.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

- suggestion for Olmu Llendu: give her 1 Agility, to avoid potential silliness :>

- (had the bug with Olmu stopping for good at her first goal again) I see her travel script doesn't have the menumode return yet BUT this time I'm not sure I could've been in MenuMode right when she reached it... Just writing this to remember, it might need more testing even with menumode-return.

- suggestion for "Guild's standing in Akamora" (aside from other considerations) maybe add something to account for the discrepancy with the Akamora Mages Guild, notably its being less devel-... seemingly less at risk of being booted out :p (they can do commerce, sell magicks and so on I guess)

re: the reviled PositionCell bug (NPCs that were never loaded ingame are, if you positioncell them, de-scripted and will CTD on activation), there's another small condition - ultimately not relevant in this case but good to know: the bug will only happen if you've previously visited the cell where you position the NPC. (or if you're in it)
Tested PositionCell on a corpse-persistant NPC that you've met, and it seems to work even through 72hours, reloads, etc. - so placing Surol in the Akamora exterior right off the bat (or in Telomas Manor if she doesn't appear before) to make sure she's loaded and to then PositionCell her around *should* be a valid option...

- in the current version, Irano's dialogue on topic "bodyguards" positions Surol at Senim Manor. (Assuming she's not bugged,) that means the script on her won't send her to Shambalu, Shrine for the third quest unless you re-visit Senim Manor. If you chose the PositionCell method, you'll have to use it every time she's to be moved somewhere, eg in this case, moving her from Irano's 'Surol' dialogue when you obtain the quest

- is Surol meant to forcegreet in Senim Manor (doesn't) or is her dialogue there a bonus for the curious player?
arvisrend wrote:"path description to Telomas Manor seems wrong"
It's true you can't exactly 'turn' left when exiting the FG - or, just past the Morag Tong guildhall, one might mistakenly go up the stairs instead of down - but otherwise I could follow the directions
TR_m2_Selari Danaran00000000 Akamora, Guard Tower -12 -385 2178 "if i kill her without ever mentioning the topic, i get paralysed but the paralysis never wears off"
Also happens if you do use the topic but kill her so fast she dies before it gets applied. Suggest simply making her script Return after OnDeath happens, and also removing "TR_m2_q_29_2_paralyze" from the PC upon her death (in case she dies from lasting spell damage)

- script TR_m2_q_29_4_Map : the MenuMode and OnActivate bits are inside the (control == 1) block, so control will never be set to 1

- Surol's script TR_m2_NPC_surol_script doesn't have the quest's naming pattern (q_29 etc)

- if all previous generic dridreas are removed from Shambalu, Shrine, you might want to add OTHER 'normal' ones (scripted to be disabled on the quest) so the shrine isn't empty - the shrine can be found before and outside of the quest

- there are only 4 dridreas Lurkers placed in there, but Surol's Greeting 1:
"How remarkable you are that you still live"
still requires 9 dead ones,

- TR_m2_Llavane Arenim , TR_m2_Llerar Arenim :
"Surol suggests you tell them she's fine, but talking to them on topic 'Surol' after finding and leaving her but before visiting Irano yields the same greeting and entries as during the quest ('Please... Will you find our precious Surol?')"

- "they should also be excluded from the greeting 'The Arenims have spread the word that you rescued...'"

- "Akamora nobles are very schizophrenic about the PC - alterning between 'Akamora has quite enough of you outlanders', 'Anything I can do for you', the above appreciative greeting, and 'You're a member ... Your Guild's presence is not much appreciated... Mind your manners..." <<< might require more extensive fixing down the line, Indoril questline and so on

- in Shambalu, Shrine - Surol starts walking in place. Like she's fidgeting or something :p can't figure out why at a glance (can't be collision from the new activator below, doesn't seem her X,Y positions get reset in her script either...? might be something to do with wanderai)
- "TR_m2_act_shambalu_trap2" think is meant to be deleted?

- Surol: making her levitate up doesn't work on the first attempt, but more importantly it seems aerial combat can't really work like that (not by just giving her levitatin and lifting her up). She doesn't fight, won't even cast spells on her own. Would have to script everything manually...

- TR_m2_Laalalvo_Irano: "after her rant about killing Surol, she still has the greeting '%PCRank %PCName! You've returned from your search... What's happened?'. might be most convenient to give her a greeting with forced Goodbye in that case, so as not to have to create special entries for all the other topics that thank/congratulate/... the PC"

- Senim's entry on 'remember the roots' maybe shouldn't keep being available after she dies
- same for his entry on 'assassination of the Telomas' after that quest
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Slowly fixin' the bugs listed in above posts.

btw, the interior "Shambalu" is really dark. Literally pitch black: ambient, sunlight and fog are all valued zero. Shall I change it a bit lighter to make it explorable?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Already discussed in IRC, but yes.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Uploaded the latest wip file if only for safe keeping. The quests should all be playable and unbroken now. Thank you arvis and rot for all the bugs you've hunted down for me.
(The script attached to Surol's map isn't working correctly atm though, working on it still.)

This'll be done for christmas!
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Simple playthrough, nothing broke! :D small things

TR_m2_Flaalsa Irano "has no entry on 'Novas Senim' when she suggests you speak to him. The topic gets unlocked earlier anyway so it's not really a problem"

TR_m2_q_29_4_note "still needs a 'If MenuMode, Return' on top of its script - otherwise glitches on pickup"

TR_m2_Llerar Arenim Akamora, Arenim Manor 2956 3254 16450 "(Surol not dead) he still has the 'Please... Will you find our precious Surol?' ... 'sob' ... entries, before completing the quest at the FG"
TR_m2_Llavane Arenim Akamora, Arenim Manor 2650 3598 16706 "(Surol not dead) doesn't have the above, but will seemingly keep the greeting 'You've found our Surol?... You should let your guildmaster know of this' forever (even after having done so)"
TR_m2_Llavane Arenim Akamora, Arenim Manor 2623 3572 16706 "(Surol dead) both Arenims: their first greeting is the Goodbyed one where they curse you. But if you greet them again you get the old one - 'Please... Will you find our precious Surol?'"

- TR_m2_q_29_4_Surol_Script :

Code: Select all

if ( controlQ != 5 )
		SetParalysis 1	;she'll be paralyzed to emulate captivity
		set controlQ to 5
	endif
the check should be ( controlQ < 5 ) instead; otherwise she'll get paralysed again when controlQ = 6 underneath, and due to journal update will be paralysed after done talking (including fight mode)

TR_m2_q_29_4_Surol Shambalu, Shrine 3552 7136 12546 "if you Command Humanoid her from a distance before triggering the trap, she gets attacked by drideas"
TR_m2_q_29_4_Surol Shambalu, Shrine 3552 7136 12546 "might also want to unparalyse her if she's attacked by the PC?"

- the trap in front of Surol (that blinds and spawns lurkers) triggers even outside of the quest when she's not there

- in Surol's 'Guild has been plotted against', the mine slaves quest outcome doesn't get mentioned unless all other quests were completed to Mephala's amusement ("You have acted unlike a hired blade of the Empire would be expected to. You turned in"...).
as intended? (or maybe unclear what their opinion is supposed to be regarding that?)

- Surol when accepting the transport offer ("Oh sweet, %PCName. Your gullibility borders virtue, so that I almost feel bad for you. Now, away with you!")
resultbox is: player->PositionCell 253428, -90076, 7793, 0, "Akamora"
this actually sends me on a rock at alt ~ 6800. Sometimes loading a cell does that, readjusting height. Maybe need to use a global script on PC to lift Zpos once again in Akamora (unless that was intended)
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Been fixin' and playtesting the hell out of this. Thanks for the newest bug list, rot. You're a treasure :)

A couple of questions before submitting a new (hopefully final) file.

@rot. About commanding Surol thus making the dridrea attack her. I haven't come up with a scripted fail-safe to prevent this. Perhaps it isn't that necessary? After all, there's a journal entry in case the player kills Surol without ever talking to her. Killing her accidentally by having the dridrea doesn't break the quest. Command spells are so annoying... :P

(the part where Surol commented on releasing the slaves was old, unused dialogue and has been now deleted - indeed i was being indecisive about Mephala's opinion about slavery. quite possible she doesn't have one.)

@arvis. by linking previous quest topics to the following quest, do you mean that after completing the Olmu Llendu quest there should be an "are you ready for some more orders" line there?
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Double-post/update.

- fixed/changed stuff pointed out in the previous posts
- will track more bugs, but otherwise I'd call this one almost 100% finished

I'm posting Laalalvo's "Guild's standing in Akamora" topic here for all to conveniently see. In it Laalalvo aims to explain the politics behind Imperial guilds in Indoril territory. I've changed the dialogue a bit from previous versions, but if this still doesn't make sense to anyone save myself I don't feel bad about axing it altogether.
Though the presence of a Fighters Guild chapter in every major city is often taken for granted in the West, this far in the East that is not the case. Our existence greatly depends on our standing in the eyes of the local people--mainly local nobility. I can explain you the bureaucracy behind all this if you're interested.

Our guildhall is under lease from the Indoril Council. House Indoril has always been more or less openly hostile towards all Imperial guilds in Morrowind, let alone the ones in the very heart of their territory. Luckily, the current reading of the Treaty of Armistice provides us with certain protective privileges. Before the Council can end a chapter's lease contract they must first offer the Guild chapter in question a chance to buy the hall in which they operate for a reasonably low price.

So, in short, it all comes down to money. If our Guild chapter performs poorly, we'll get fewer contracts. And fewer contracts means less income to fund our operations. The main chapter would of course help to keep us on our feet for a while, but maintaining a chapter that doesn't return profit is just bad business. We'd soon be poor and on our own. And then the Indoril would just tell us to either pay the price or walk. And we'd have to walk.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Triple-post/update. Fixed a couple of dialogue bugs. Played the questline a couple of times without anything breaking. Could it be that this is finished? Merciless playtesting, GO!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

That quote in your previous post should say "I can explain to you..." or just remove the "you".
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Far from done testing but combed through in the CS and... looks good from the inside too :> some minor cleanup down the line to regroup script blocks, entry conditions and such but looks largely bugfree, yay~!~

some decisions needed and suggestions:

_ TR_m2_q_29_2_guardscript :
guard dialogue says 'Good call. A few days in jail won't kill you.' but no time passes while you're jailed,
I assume we can't use the game's jail function because it'd send you to the nearest imp fort instead of the akamora Guard Tower,
but can easily make time pass by incrementing the Day game global (also incrementing hours inbetween in case other scripts are keeping track of time)
don't think it's necessary to have skills lowered or stolen items confiscated as in regular jail, but technically can also be done.

_ on demotion: is it in this case supposed to be 'better' or worse than being expelled? as it stands, it's a non-punishment since it doesn't change your faction reputation (so you can just ask for advancement and get your rank back). But if you also lower facrep to prevent this, it becomes arguably much harsher than expulsion, which you get away with with two clicks and a sorry (at least the first time). Another option: after demotion, hijack the Advancement topic so she refuses to give your rank back before you've completed the next mission or been promoted at another FG chapter

- demotion with (iirc) the MCP option - if PC is at rank 1 when demoted (in this case technically possible though unlikely) the faction is *removed* (not just tagged EXPELLED)
Not something any of vanilla or TR dialogue is tailored for, but still two ways to account for this: either add (Same faction == 0) entries on top of Greetings (and possibly other relevant entries) to prevent illogical dialogue,
or, on the 2 'assassination of the Telomas' entries that LowerRankPC, don't demote the PC if still at rank 1 since it'd have no effect anyway (possibly expell instead?)

_ anything happening to Surol after the quest (after you leave)? should probably disable her from Irano's good-end entry, else you can go back and kill her

_ after provoking Surol in the shrine, can still Calm and go back again through all her dialogue (and chose a different option); if that's a problem (it IS weird for so much dialogue) she can be made immune to Calm, same as Command

_ could maybe Addtopic "Surol" in her optional forcegreetings, so you can access other NPC's pre-quest dialogue on her. Everything quest-related is conditioned so it'd be safe.
btw her own entry on her name is available when you talk to her in the shrine, in case that's not intended.

_ TR_m2_q_29_Surol_Glove - Daedric Hide Gauntlet mesh on clothing might be confusing (not saying is wrong)

_ just making sure, there are no plans to use the topic 'Akavorioc' outside of the quest? else some entries could need faction or queststage conditions

all rest are straighter things to fix:

- Irano, topic Orders: "Talk to Circus Leonos. I won't trust you with any orders yet." only covers Amiro3 120-160, needs to include state 100 (slaves freed discreetly - unless you want a less harsh alternative for it?)
otherwise if Amiro3 = 100 and Leonos1 hasn't been done, you get "Sorry, %PCRank, but I'm afraid I really don't have anything for you at the moment. You should ask Amiro"

- Irano, topic Orders:
"I already ordered you to find and rescue Surol Volayn for the Arenims." should extend (or remove) journal condition to <= 85

- Seras_Indaren, topic 'Olmu Llendu':
"I didn't want her apologies. I wanted her dead." (third one) seems it should have conditions (>= 100 <= 140) instead of (>= 221)
(better yet to regroup duplicates by checking for gold in resultboxes instead, since lack of the 1000gold has no consequence - unless that changes)

- topic 'Selari Danaran', "She's gone missing. I have a feeling she isn't coming back any time soon."
should exclude Irano2 = 123

- topic 'Selari Danaran', "Sorry, don't really know that much about her."
MW apparently doesn't interpret the value on Not ... conditions others than (Not Local) so this works, but otherwise the condition (Not Class Noble == 0) would mean this is available only for nobles. Might as well make it proper (Not Class = 1) in case openmw... ~

- greeting 6 - "%PCName! You've got some explaining to do! The whole town is buzzing about your inquiries on the assassination of the Telomas."
should include state 105 (angered the nobles but before getting arrested, only possible by directly recalling back to the guildhall), else you get "I have new orders for you, %PCRank."

- topic orders - "After that horrible ordeal with the Telomas, it will probably take a while before we receive another contract. Check back in a few days time and then I might have new orders for you."
should exclude states 105 AND 110, else it will skip the bad ending of Irano2 and go to Irano3

- topic orders, "You've got yet to finish your current assignment." should extend condition to <= 110 to cover the above (also i think "You've yet")

- angering the nobles:
(normal course of action - talk to an Indaren/Veri noble, talk to one from the other family, then talk again to either = failure)
however if you first talk to Novas Senim, no matter how many times you harass the nobles (despite his warning), there'll be no consequences. Same if you talk to the MT without getting their info
I think best solution: change the numbers for Irano2 journal index 60 and 63 (along with resultboxes that set them) so they don't upstage the nobles' 55-57-58, eg shift 60->52 & 63->53

_ TR_m2_q_29_4_Surol_Script - needs a doonce on the bit that places her back near the Arenim manor door, lest it keep happening = her being milkshaked when > 2000 distance :

if ( GetJournalIndex "TR_m2_FG_AkaStat" == 10 )
	if ( CellChanged == 1 )			;this chunk will take Surol back home
		PositionCell, 251810, -88859, 3776, 280, "Akamora"
	elseif ( CellChanged == 0 )
		if ( GetDistance, player >= 2000 )
		PositionCell, 251810, -88859, 3776, 280, "Akamora"
		endif
	endif
endif

_ TR_m2_q_29_4_Surol_Script -

if ( GetJournalIndex "TR_m2_FG_Irano1" == 120 )		;if the player didn't kill Olmu Llendu, Surol will congratulate them (she'll be teleported outside the Guild Hall in TR_m2_Laalalvo Irano's dialogue)
	if ( controlQ == 0 )											;the controlQ variable is used to detect much of her stuff
		if ( GetDistance, player <= 256 )		
			ForceGreeting
			set controlQ to 1
		endif
	endif
endif
should have 'set controlQ to 1' moved in the resultbox of the corresponding greeting1 ("You are the one whom the Fighters Guild send to Necrom to slay the failed assassin, aren't you?") and have a Return in the script in its stead - otherwise, if she was moved from the front of the guildhall without being encountered (entirely possible), she forcegreets twice when met in Senim manor because controlQ was reset to 1
(usually good to add a Return shortly after ForceGreetings, otherwise rest of the script can keep running)

_ TR_m2_q_29_AkaStatScript ,

if ( localdaysPassed >= 2 )
	if ( GetPCCell "Akamora, Guild of Fighters" == 0 )
		Journal "TR_m2_FG_AkaStat" 50			;the player is notified of the Guild's departure
		"TR_m2_Baren_Dralos"->disable
		"TR_m2_Lands-With-Splat"->disable
		"TR_m2_Amiro"->disable
		"TR_m2_Laalalvo_Irano"->disable
		StopScript TR_m2_q_29_AkaStatScript
	endif
endif
within this, be good to also disable the supply chest in case it wasn't already - as in dialogue result from previous quests: (also moves it so it doesn't keep colliding)

TR_m2_q_27_FGchest->disable
TR_m2_q_27_FGchest->positioncell, 3440, 4025, 0, 0, "Akamora, Guild of Fighters"
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I haven't been paying close attention to this claim, but I'm curious. What can the player be demoted for in this quest line?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

- re: demotion, hard to explain out of context
the MCP rank0 thing might not be a problem since ultimately these quests, all quite high-level, will probably require a higher rank to begin with?

- topic Olmu Llendu, "You let her live? ..." x2
might(?) want to position Olmu outside of Necrom before 'killing' her from those dialogue resultboxes
Either way, better move the killing into Indaren's entries ("Why isn't she dead yet? You'd better explain.") - otherwise after telling Indaren you spared her, you can go back to Necrom and kill her before finishing the quest (Irano still saying you spared her)

- topic Olmu Llendu, "Sister Olmu's death only set her free. ... You, on the other hand, should rather change your evil ways before it's too late."
the comment is only conditioned on her death and will be given even if you spared her but 'another assassin' killed her
so should exclude Irano1 = 120, (prolly 80-85 too, if above)

_ TR_m2_q_29_banneraralor
bottom part:

if ( control == 1 )
	if ( GameHour < 4.00 )
		if ( GetJournalIndex "TR_m2_FG_Irano1" != 0 )
			if ( GetJournalIndex "TR_m2_FG_Irano1" < 60 )
				if ( GameHour < 4.00 )
					;MessageBox "It earlier than 4. Olmu's at the refuge."
					"TR_m2_q_29_1_refugee"->PositionCell, 613, -544, 1191, 5, "Necrom, Refuge of St. Aralor"
					StopScript, "TR_m2_q_29_OlmuTravel"
					set control to 0
				elseif ( GameHour > 9.50 )
					"TR_m2_q_29_1_refugee"->PositionCell, 613, -544, 1191, 5, "Necrom, Refuge of St. Aralor"
					StopScript, "TR_m2_q_29_OlmuTravel"
					set control to 0
			endif
		endif
	endif
endif
seems to have non-corresponding if-endifs, also will never get to the ( GameHour > 9.50 ) part due to the second line;
iiuc this is a reset, but since the script runs on the banner, it will only work when in an adjacent cell; quick looks shows Olmu's destination is two cells away so won't work from there. In that case the reset would have to be in Olmu's script (resetting both her position, and "control" back to 0 on the banner = would need 'references persist' checked)

- TR_m2_q_29_OlmuTravel
couldn't get the shortcircuit bug to happen again on Olmu's travel script, so either I'm (un?)lucky or menureturn was it.
If you still want to proof it against resting... (not sure if should bother with such dumb PCs but can get her stuck, possibly forever depending on whether/how said reset^ is handled)
... I think the simplest way would be to directly position her to her final destination if the PC is detected as resting (= if GameHour changes while in menumode)
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Thanks rot! I'll fix these ASAP.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

New file up, bugfixing courtesy of rot who should get a medal for doing it : D

All the known bugs fixed, let the rigorous playtesting commence!
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Just made my first complete playthrough of this. You're a giant, Rats. These are the most impressive quests in TR so far and I'm hoping we will see them out asap. I'm going to playtest the questline once in a day for at least this week, so as to get a grip on the remaining buggery; I'm not sure if I'm ever going to give it a systematic review due to its complexity and branching, but it's good enough that I think it can be released even with a few bugs remaining.

--------------------------------------------------------------

BUGS:

- Script TR_m2_q_29_4_Surol_Script: The "if ( championmode >= 1 )" loop is being evaluated every frame as soon as the player challenges Surol to a duel, making her unable to fight ("StartCombat, player" every frame makes her restart her combat moves over and over, never making a swing). I guess the >= in the if-condition should be an ==. You probably don't want her to sethealth 350 every frame either... Maybe you do want this loop to be repeated under some conditions like the player leaving or calming her, but this shouldn't be happening by default.

- Same script: "(zpos +30)" should be "( zpos + 30 )" according to conventional wisdom.

- I had Surol disappear (presumably still staying within the Shrine but waaay out of the level) after I killed the dridrea lurkers in the Shrine and rested. I'm not sure if this happened during the battle or the rest. I could not reproduce this. I have no idea where it comes from :/ - this might be fixed now

- Instead of getting teleported to mid-air at the end of the questline, I'm being teleported to the roof of the guard tower, which is not a bad place to get to (you can jump down on a balcony and then leave through the tower). The problem is that the engine automatically beams you to the ground. The only way I see to fix this would be to make the dialogue start a global script, which fades out the screen, then teleports the player to Akamora (on the ground) and then does "player->setpos z (high number like 20000)" after waiting a couple frames to ensure that the cell has already loaded (not sure if the last part is necessary).

STYLE ISSUES:

These are mostly nitpicks; feel free to ignore whatever you don't care about. The typos should be an easy find-text job.

- Typo "I advice you".

- "self-defence" should be "self-defense" (American English).

- Word missing? "I will you alone".

- Typo in "you we're following".

- Typo "Laalalva Irano".

- More British English: "travelling".

- Word missing: "unhappy learn of my failure".

- Typo "disappearence".

- I think more people should have something informative to say about Surol and Shambalu once the player has got the map: Laalalvo, Flaalsa(?), scouts (and others referring the player to scouts). Somebody ought to know about that valley. nobody knowing is [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=315724#315724]intentional[/url], still added entries

- The player has no other choice than being dumb when he enquires whether Olmu ever leaves the Refuge. This works out nicely, but it's slightly immersion-breaking. What about giving a more careful option, like Choice "Is this all she does?", 2 (referring to her working in the kitchens). Of course, the information received should be the same, just avoiding [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StupidityIsTheOnlyOption]TVTropes:StupidityIsTheOnlyOption[/url].

- The map is "hidden" in plain sight on the bed. Somewhat strange that Llavane should ask the player to search for it. Maybe hide it somewhere else, like under the bench? (Please not atop the wardrobe -- it's too common.)

- Laalalvo IMHO should show some more surprise after being offered tasks by nobles by the end of the questline, and warn the player that she suspects them to be unachievable.

- Surol currently has the standard response to "Clibergus' ledger" on the corresponding quest. Could you invent a better one for her? Maybe also one for "absconded from..."? - now doesn't have Clibergus since it's nolored, and never had absconded. New entries for her could still be added

- Some distinctive wordings are repeated, which doesn't always sound well. The worst example IMHO is Surol saying "uninspired"/"mortal" twice. She of all people could speak with more variety. Also "We are the closest thing to the Imperial Law in this town" and "but I always took it for [...] a myth" (although a repetition between dialogue and journal is usually OK). Finally, both Laalalvo and Flaalsa say "off the record"; is there an Indoril-specific terminus for this?

- When I am done with Amiro, I feel like his "orders" topic should refer me to Laalalvo or Circus depending on who has orders for me left (and willing to give them to me). If this is easy, please do so. If not, forget about it (he does refer me to Laalalvo, so it's not like we've got a bug here).

- Generally Surol sounds a tad like a political speaker at times ("rigid, gold-yearning conventions") -- anything more poetic?
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

attached - Fixed some of arvis' bugs - bolded out above,
other than that:

TR_m2_q_29_4_Surol_Script
- regrouped/moved blocks and cleaned up
- fixes to cover possible cases where player doesn't get the forcegreets &/or gets forcegreets when they shouldn't
- fix cases where she can get ported back home when shouldn't
- moved positioning Surol to "Akamora, Senim Manor" to corresponding dialogue entry instead, topic bodyguards (also sets doOnce to 1 as failsafe to her being immediately sent back)
- fix OnDeath giving a journal entry outside of questline

[Surol Volayn appears to be unable to speak or move.]
- set matching condition Irano3 >= 100

arvisrend wrote: - I had Surol disappear (presumably still staying within the Shrine but waaay out of the level) after I killed the dridrea lurkers in the Shrine and rested. I'm not sure if this happened during the battle or the rest. I could not reproduce this. I have no idea where it comes from :/
Some possible instances of this (especially if quest was playtested with CoC or recall) are fixed
- Instead of getting teleported to mid-air at the end of the questline, I'm being teleported to the roof of the guard tower, which is not a bad place to get to
I thought that was intentional because now the coordinates the dialogue sends you to are those you do end up at (or maybe that was a lazy fix?)
Attachments
TR_q2-29-Imp_Rats_11.esp
(212.26 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

attached, some more fixes with Rats' input

- map hidden somewhere more unusual, not sure if too obvious?
(other possibilities:behind the screen... under pillow, tho that's already used in at least a couple vanilla quests... behind the door...)
TR_m2_q_29_4_Map_Script edited

- transport to Akamora sends in mid air
TR_m2_q_29_4_TeleportScript added

- added topic "Valley of Mephala", tho intentionally not giving any directions

TR_m2_q_29_4_Surol_Script - removed "dialogue" var and corresponding failsafe entry, forced Goodbye in greeting1 already prevents dialogue from resetting

topic Surol : various entries plugging missing cases. Irano >=70 entries become >=60 (attacked Surol but ran away, counts as success)

couple typos/... fixed,

------

Spotted some typos/bad conditions on topic "dridrea". Couple typos in Circus quests. Remember to go over that again in Mainland.
Probably also nolore "clibergus ledger", "absconded" etc
Attachments
TR_q2-29-Imp_Rats_12.esp
(219.99 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

new attached, minor fixes. Any playtesting appreciated, especially to make sure resting doesn't break stuff.

- fixed conditions on newly added "Valley of Mephala" entries
- moved wayward "absconded" entry back in place
- added some ClearInfoActor
- removed more vanilla bits from AkavoriocScript
- TR_m2_q_29_AkaStatScript - removed timer and changed optimisation, I'd guess updating a timer is either 'worse' on performance than checking a short or just not useful
- TR_m2_q_29_Irano2to3Script - same
- TR_m2_q_29_4_Dridrea_Script simplified
- TR_m2_q_29_OlmuTravel cut up checks, not sure if useful but can't hurt
- TR_m2_q_29_2_jailtime fixed GameHour check
- TR_m2_q_29_2_GuvonScrip removed controlQ
- TR_m2_q_29_2_failquest strengthened with PCCell=Akamora, case player teleports elsewhere instead of going thru the door
Attachments
TR_q2-29-Imp_Rats_13.esp
(221.24 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

In_MH_door_02 Akamora, Arenim Manor 2688 3328 16832 "make it clear (from dialogue?) that this (not the locked room on the other side) is surol*s room"

TR_m2_q_29_4_Surol00000000 Shambalu, Shrine 3552 7136 12546 "'you left the cattle alive' ... the word alive is doubled in this sentnece"

TR_m2_Laalalvo_Irano00000000 Akamora, Guild of Fighters 3775 4096 12674 "dialogue 'her tragic story' should post-quest explain something about daedra and lost children"

tr_ex_ind_s_wall00 Akamora, Guild of Fighters 4160 4272 12929 "surol likes me. now where is my chest?"
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

What is this line in TR_m2_q_29_2_SelariScript?

AiTravel 	AiTravel -28, 43, 2176, 0
The "GetPos, Z < 16959" check in script TR_m2_q_29_4_Map_Script is too smart for its own good. When I drop the note on top of the Red Mountain and take it back into my inventory, I end up with a dridrea silk. This could be a nice gimmick, but I'd prefer not to carry around a scripted book in my inventory anyway. IMHO the script should instead give the player an unscripted version of the note.

The guards that take over the guildhall after I fail the last quest talk of "personal effects". What do they mean?
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

New version, some fixes for above reports

- last quest Irano4 restores the supply chest if it was removed, adds an improved version in the best case scenario

- new script TR_m2_q_29_4_Map_UnScript (still made map add an unscripted version but let's not make it a rule for books)

(- no dialogue added)
Attachments
TR_q2-29-Imp_Rats_14.esp
(224.48 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Modified version, requiring current TR_Data because the body parts are no longer in the ESP.

This also fixes the rotation of the equipment chest at the end.
Attachments
TR_q2-29-Imp_Rats_14.esp
(225.27 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Bear with me (or Bare with me if you so desire). This is my first attempt at trying to review a quest. Since I did not test out every possible outcome of every option, I am not considering this a real review. I used arvisrend's quest file, the latest TR_Data files, and swiftoaks TR_Mainland.esp.

What a fitting start to my quest reviewing – one that ends with a Mephala quest. I played through the entire Akamora FG quest line, only once. I tried to look through the quest in CS and as a text-dump from MEE, but the web-like design of journal entries, dialogues, and scripts makes it quite difficult to follow. I did not notice any real in-game problems, with the exception of getting stuck as I levitated through load doors. I have to remember to check that when I review ints. It always happened when I went into the FG hall, or exited the guard tower at the top.

Below are some possible changes to the quest file.

I don't believe that the following cells are needed in this quest.(There is nothing in them)
Akamora, Aravel Manor
Akamora, Guard Tower
Akamora, Indaren Manor
Akamora, Mephalain Mountains Region
Akamora, Senim Manor
Akamora, Telomas Manor
Azura's Coast Region, 11, 21
Azura's Coast Region, 11, 22
Azura's Coast Region, 12, 22
Azura's Coast Region, 13, 21
Dun Akafell, Mephalain Mountains Regaion
Inner Sea Region, 21, -1
Inner Sea Region, 21, -7
Inner Sea Region, 22, 0
Inner Sea Region, 22, 2
Inner Sea Region, 22, 4
Mephalain Mountains Region, 20, -10
Mephalain Mountains Region, 20, -11
Mephalain Mountains Region, 21,-10
Mephalain Mountains Region, 21, -11
Mephalain Mountains Region, 22, -10
Mephalain Mountains Region, 22, -5
Necrom, Upper District, Sacred Lands Region

*Shambalu is ok (changed lighting settings), but this should probably be changed in Mainland not the quest.

Why does the player go to jail (commit a crime) after confronting Selari Danaran. I talked with her, knowing that she was a master at illusion, she attacks me, paralyzes me, then runs away. I then run after her and kill her and a crime is committed. Should that happen? I was able to avoid this by running away from her before she attacks, then when she stopped - killed her with a single arrow (300 strength/ 300 agility). So I was able to play through without committing a crime.

Surol Dialog
Good thinking, mortal. You may report that I am well and alive, and that the Arenims needn't worry. As a sign of good will, may I offer you to take you to Akamora?

Should be changed to
… As a sign of good will, may I offer to send you to Akamora?

Is there a master plan somewhere? Some kind of a flowchart that shows how the quests may play-out, with all possible outcomes. That would be nice to have.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

New file, requiring current TR_Data as above (Aug 08)

- script TR_m2_q_29_2_SelariScript tweaked, should hopefully fix the above bounty/aggression problem.

Console steps if anyone has time to test:

Journal TR_m2_FG_Irano2 70
addtopic "assassination of the Telomas"
coc "Akamora, Guard Tower"
player->setpos z 2200
and talk to Selari Danaran on the topic.
Attachments
TR_q2-29-Imp_Rats_14.esp
(225.48 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Much better. After she paralyzes me, she now runs down the hall, turns around and starts to throw the darts at me. The timer runs out on the paralyzation, and I am free to kill her. No more bounty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

arvisrend edit:

[spoiler]

---------------

tr_m2_fg_akastat Stage 10

I was unexpectedly approached by Surol Volayn. She told me that me sparing Olmu Llendu's life did not go unnoticed and there are some who appreciate my decision. I have to assume she meant herself.

tr_m2_fg_akastat Stage 20

Surol Volayn told me to remember the roots of the Fighters Guild.

tr_m2_fg_akastat Stage 30

Laalalvo Irano told me she has no new orders for me at the moment. I should check back in a few days.

tr_m2_fg_akastat Stage 40

Time has passed. I should talk to Laalalvo Irano to see if she has new orders for me.

tr_m2_fg_akastat Stage 50

The Fighters Guild has shut its operations down in Akamora.

tr_m2_fg_akastat Stage 9999

EXPLANATION: These are journal entries which you'll get during the course of the "TR_m2_FG_IranoX" quests. The aim of these entries is to build an overarching metaplot to tie the Akamora FG quests together.

YOU SHOULD NEVER SEE THIS. VIVEC WROTE THIS.

---------------

tr_m2_fg_irano1 Stage 0

Fighters Guild: No Sin Goes Unpunished
QUEST NAME: Fighters Guild: No Sin Goes Unpunished

tr_m2_fg_irano1 Stage 10

The Guild has been contracted to search and kill Olmu Llendu, an assassin who in the past made an unsuccessful attempt on Seras Indaren's life and is now hiding somewhere in Necrom. Once I locate her, I should find a way to kill her without disturbing the peace in the Holy City. Laalalvo suggested I consult our client, Seras Indaren, on Llendu's possible whereabouts before I leave.

tr_m2_fg_irano1 Stage 15

Seras Indaren told me that he recently received a letter of apology from Olmu Llendu. He believes that since the assassin is bold enough to approach him like this she is not hiding anywhere underground.

tr_m2_fg_irano1 Stage 20

I've been told that the Refuge of St. Aralor houses people of ill-repute. The refuge is in the Upper District of Necrom. I should head there.

tr_m2_fg_irano1 Stage 40

Now a repentant monk working off her sins Olmu Llendu told me that she has given up her old way of life. She wanted me to deliver the money she was paid to kill Seras Indaren to him as a sign of her sincerity, but I declined. However, killing her outright in the refuge would greatly offend the Temple. Perhaps the other monks can tell me something useful.

tr_m2_fg_irano1 Stage 45

I've learned that Olmu Llendu leaves the monastery every morning at 4 o'clock to visit a shrine somewhere -- maybe even outside Necrom. I should follow her to see if this opens a chance to kill her without any witnessess.

tr_m2_fg_irano1 Stage 50

Now a repentant monk working off her sins Olmu Llendu told me that she has given up her old way of life. She has given me the money she was paid to kill Seras Indaren -- 1000 septims -- and asked me to deliver it to him along with her apologies.

tr_m2_fg_irano1 Stage 60

I've slain Olmu Llendu. However, her blood was spilled within Necrom. This doesn't make the Guild look particularly good. I should report back to guildmaster Laalalvo.

tr_m2_fg_irano1 Stage 65

I've slain Olmu Llendu outside Necrom. I should let guildmaster Laalalvo know of my success.

tr_m2_fg_irano1 Stage 80

I've told Seras Indaren of Olmu Llendu's repentance and given him the 1000 septims Llendu gave me. The noble thinks the assassin has played me for a fool. He was furious that I did not kill Llendu, but instead let her know that the Indarens are after her, and dismissed me. I should let Laalalvo know of my failure.

tr_m2_fg_irano1 Stage 85

I've told Seras Indaren of Olmu Llendu's repentance. The noble thinks the assassin has played me for a fool. He was furious that I did not kill Llendu, but instead let her know that the Indarens are after her, and dismissed me. I should let Laalalvo know of my failure.

tr_m2_fg_irano1 Stage 100

Laalalvo Irano thanked me for killing Olmu Llendu without causing any disturbance in Necrom. The Indarens will surely be pleased, and the Guild's future in Akamora looks slightly less dark. In addition to the reward money, Irano also gave me the enchanted Gauntlet of Blind Rage.
FINISHED!

tr_m2_fg_irano1 Stage 110

Laalalvo Irano wasn't pleased with the way I killed Olmu Llendu. Though I have fulfilled the contract I've also drawn negative attention on the Guild by disturbing the Temple's peace in Necrom. Among the Indoril nobles of Akamora this sacrilege will not be taken lightly.
FINISHED!

tr_m2_fg_irano1 Stage 120

Laalalvo Irano was extremely dissapointed to hear I hadn't killed Olmu Llendu. She believes that my act of mercy will be in vain since the Indarens will just send someone else to kill her. Laalalvo told me that because of my actions the Indaren house and their retainers aren't likely to hire the Guild ever again, and dismissed me.
FINISHED!

---------------

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 0

Fighters Guild: Noble Protection
QUEST NAME: Fighters Guild: Noble Protection

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 10

The Guild has been contracted by Pilu Telomas, a retainer of the Senim family, to provide her and her husband with bodyguards. Telomas believes someone has hired assassins to kill them and wants protection until they can flee Akamora. Circus Leonos has also been assigned to this job. He is already in Telomas Manor.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 15

I have arrived in Telomas Manor. Circus Leonos is guarding Gulon Telomas downstairs. I should inform Pilu Telomas that the Guild is here.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 20

My conversation with Pilu Telomas was interrupted by noises coming from downstairs.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 25

I've defeated two masked assassins downstairs in Telomas Manor. However, both Guvon Telomas and Circus Leonos have been killed.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 30

Upon heading upstairs I discovered a third assassin had snuck past me to kill Pilu Telomas. Though the assassins have also been killed it seems that the Guild has failed miserably. I should let Laalalvo know of this.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 40

Laalalvo ordered me to find the culprit behind the assassination of the Telomas. She sees it as the only way the Guild can hope to defuse the situation. According to Laalalvo the local guards aren't going to do a proper investigation due to the ever-growing tension between the rivaling noble houses in Akamora. She asked me to talk to her sister Flaalsa Irano, who is the head of the townsguard, and ask if she could help me with the investigation off the record. She can be found in the Guard Tower.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 50

Captain Flaalsa Irano listed the Indaren family, the Veri family, and Selari Danaran as potential suspects. Captain Irano stressed that the political climate in Akamora is volatile and that I should be discreet, especially with the noble suspects. She warned me that should she receive word that I was causing a stir in town she'd have me jailed rather than risk the whole situation going off. She also encouraged me to speak with lord Novas Senim, the former employer of the Telomas, to learn more.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 52

Novas Senim said that I shouldn't question the Indaren family nor the Veri family, as it would only upset them. Instead, he suggested that I talk to the Morag Tong in Akamora to find out if they know who the assassins were.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 53

I was told to talk with Fedril Verothran, a Morag Tong member in the Guildhall downstairs. Verothran often keeps company with unsavory people, so he might know who the hired killers were.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 55

The Indaren family denied having anything to do with the assassination of the Telomas.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 57

The Veri family denied having anything to do with the assassination of the Telomas.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 58

Both the Veri family and the Indaren family have denied having anything to do with the assassination of the Telomas.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 65

Fedril Verothran admitted knowing the assassins who killed the Telomas and Circus Leonos. According to him they were low-class thugs whom none of the noble families in Akamora would ever hire. This rules out the Indaren family and the Veri family, leaving Selari Danaran the only remaining suspect. I should ask around town if someone has something incriminating on her before confronting her.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 70

I've learned that Selari Danaran is an expert in the Illusion school of magic, especially in the invisibility spells. This explains how the three assassins could sneak into Telomas Manor unseen. I should confront Selari Danaran.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 80

I've confronted Selari Danaran. She admitted to hiring the assassins to get back at Pilu Telomas, and attacked me.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 90

Selari Danaran is dead. I should report back to Laalalvo Irano.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 95

I've killed Selari Danaran, though I hadn't gotten a confession out of her. I should report back to Laalalvo Irano.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 100

Laalalvo Irano was relieved to hear I had found and taken care of the culprit behind the assassination of the Telomas.
FINISHED!

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 105

During my investigation to find the culprit behind the assassination of the Telomas I greatly upset one of the nobles in Akamora. This is the kind of thing captain Flaalsa Irano warned me against.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 110

I was stopped by a guard who had orders from captain Flaalsa Irano to detain me. I should now inform Laalalvo that the investigation is over.

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 120

Laalalvo Irano was extremely unhappy to learn of my failure. With the real culprit behind the deaths of the Telomas unpunished and the noble families of Akamora suspecting each other of the assassination, the Guild's future looks darker than ever.
FINISHED!

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 123

Laalalvo Irano scolded me for killing Selari Danaran without finding enough proof to get her to confess. With Selari dead the truth behind the assassination of the Telomas will be lost. The noble families of Akamora will view this as a failure. The Fighters Guild's future looks darker than ever.
FINISHED!

tr_m2_fg_irano2 Stage 125

Laalalvo Irano was extremely unhappy to learn of my failure. With the real culprit behind the deaths of the Telomas unpunished and the noble families of Akamora suspecting each other of the assassination, the Guild's future looks darker than ever. On top of all this I got expelled from the Guild.
FINISHED!

---------------

tr_m2_fg_irano3 Stage 0

Fighters Guild: Akavorioc
QUEST NAME: Fighters Guild: Akavorioc

tr_m2_fg_irano3 Stage 10

Laalalvo Irano has tasked me with slaying the vampire Akavorioc. A bit of a local myth, the vampire supposedly dwells somewhere within the ruins of Dun Akafell. Irano suggested I ask around town and in the Inn Between to gain more information about Akavorioc before venturing there.

tr_m2_fg_irano3 Stage 20

Irano has tasked me with slaying the vampire Akavorioc.

tr_m2_fg_irano3 Stage 80

I've encountered Akavorioc in Dun Akafell. The vampire claimed knowing that a venomous harridan had sent me there to kill him.

tr_m2_fg_irano3 Stage 90

I've slain Akavorioc.

tr_m2_fg_irano3 Stage 100

Laalalvo Irano was both happy and surprised to learn I managed to slay Akavorioc.
FINISHED!

---------------

tr_m2_fg_irano4 Stage 0

Fighters Guild: Caught in a Web
QUEST NAME: Fighters Guild: Caught in a Web

tr_m2_fg_irano4 Stage 10

I've been tasked with finding Surol Volayn, the foster child of the local Arenim family who has gone missing. Surol occasionally wanders the mountains surrounding Akamora and the Arenims suspect that she's been captured by malignant forces. I should head to Arenim manor to learn more.

tr_m2_fg_irano4 Stage 15

I've been told to look for clues in Surol Volayn's room as to where she was heading when she went missing.

tr_m2_fg_irano4 Stage 20

I've found an obscure map supposedly drawn by Surol Volayn. I should let Llavane Arenim see it.

tr_m2_fg_irano4 Stage 30

Llavane Arenim verified that the map indeed looks like Surol's work. It depicts a route from Akamora to a place called Shambalu in the Valley of Mephala. Llavane Arenim said she has heard of the place before, but always took it for a mere myth. It seems that Surol was set to find the Valley. I should follow the map as best I can.

tr_m2_fg_irano4 Stage 50

I've found Surol Volayn in Shambalu in the Valley of Mephala.

tr_m2_fg_irano4 Stage 60

Surol Volayn has revealed that she wasn't really lost or held hostage in the shrine. The rescue mission was meant to lure me into the shrine to be killed by the Dridrea. The Guild has been plotted against all along.

tr_m2_fg_irano4 Stage 70

Surol Volayn explained that she acted on behalf of the Daedric Prince Mephala. She claims that Mephala has been scheming to teach the foreign Fighters Guild a lesson. Since I survived the final plot and the truth has been uncovered, Mephala has lost interest in killing me. Surol suggested I return to Akamora.

tr_m2_fg_irano4 Stage 80

I've fought against and slain Surol Volayn.

tr_m2_fg_irano4 Stage 85

Surol Volayn is dead.

tr_m2_fg_irano4 Stage 90

I have reported what happened in Shambalu to Laalalvo Irano. She congratulated me on uncovering the plot and living to tell about it. She gave me an enchanted Gauntlet of Shieldbearing as a thank you for all my services. There's no further work available in Akamora. Laalalvo Irano suggested I pay visits to the greater guild halls in Old Ebonheart and Almalexia.
FINISHED!

tr_m2_fg_irano4 Stage 93

I have reported what happened in Shambalu to Laalalvo Irano. She congratulated me on uncovering the plot and living to tell about it. There's no further work available in Akamora. Laalalvo Irano suggested I pay visits to the greater guild halls in Old Ebonheart and Almalexia.
FINISHED!

tr_m2_fg_irano4 Stage 95

I have reported Surol Volayn's death to Laalalvo Irano, telling the guild master that I found her already dead. Irano stated that she has no further use for me and dismissed me. The guild halls in Old Ebonheart and Almalexia might have work to offer.
FINISHED!

tr_m2_fg_irano4 Stage 100

Laalalvo Irano was extremely disappointed to learn of Surol Volayn's death and scolded me for killing her. Irano stated that she has no further use for me and dismissed me. The guild halls in Old Ebonheart and Almalexia might have work to offer.
FINISHED!
[/spoiler]
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Something's wrong with the "This was the first contract we received directly from the high nobility ..." responses on "absconded from...". There were three of them in Mainland, now there are four (with confusing IDs -- might break on merge), but two of them have the same conditions and differ in one word, and there is no dependence on "Noble Protection" as I suggested in the result script. Rats, can you suggest some wordings for the different situations? I can enter them in the file then, and fix the potential response ID issue we have there too. My own suggestion:

After what you did there, I would not have expected us to ever obtain another task from the local nobility. This surprised me as much as it should have surprised you.

EDIT: This wasn't a good idea, as she explicitly talked of high nobility, and the Telomas are not high nobility.[/b]

Also, some post-quest responses to "her tragic story" would be nice. Does the following make sense:

if Surol is alive: It was not that tragic after all. The Daedra are known to remind the mortals of their presence whenever they believe us prone to forget. [Possibly insert an example from folklore?] You have slipped through Mephala's web, unentangled and strengthened. Take pride, %PCRace, but do not get complacent in her favor. The Dunmer will always look upon a foreigner with mistrust and wariness, and for the Daedra we all are but a passing diversion.

if Surol is dead: A tragic story with a tragic end. And you as its antagonist. What is your goal in bringing it up again? moddisposition -15.

This assumes that the player cannot talk to Laalalvo if he confessed to purposely killing Surol; otherwise we'd need an even worse response.

Also, I'd replace this Laalalvo greeting:

We are in a dire situation. Since we are the closest thing to Imperial law in this town, you must find the culprit behind the assassination of the Telomas. I hope Flaalsa can help you.

by:

We are in a dire situation. As you have failed to prevent it, you must at least make out who ordered the assassination of the Telomas. I hope Flaalsa can help you.

This way, we get rid of the doubled "closest thing to Imperial law in this town" and "culprit behind", and give Laalalvo a more Laalalvo-like motivation (she shouldn't care much about Imperial law, but she should care a lot about the status of the Guild).
Last edited by arvisrend on Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Further questions and notes-to-self (I'm not editing anything yet):

Journal entries tr_m2_fg_irano1

Shouldn't "of ill-repute" be "of ill repute"?

Typo "witnessess".

The word "give" appears too often in tr_m2_fg_irano1 journal entries IMHO.

"He was furious that I did not kill Llendu, but instead let her know that the Indarens are after her, and dismissed me." The commas here make the grammar ambiguous. I'd go with "He dismissed me, furious that instead of killing Llendu I alerted her that the Indarens are after her." (Stages 80 and 85.)

Typo "dissapointed".

Stage 120 repeats the word "dismissed" from stage 80/85; I would remove the "and dismissed me" part from stage 120 (more so since it could be misunderstood as the end of the questline).

Journal entries tr_m2_fg_irano2

Stage 58: I would diversify to "have denied any part in the killing", as it repeats the wording of stages 55/57.

Journal entries tr_m2_fg_irano3

Why does stage 20 ("Irano has tasked me with slaying the vampire Akavorioc.") exist? I see nothing setting it.
Last edited by arvisrend on Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Fixed the issues from the preceding 2 posts (in my way -- so if you don't like it, please report that as a bug); also, added a "set delay to 0" line to script TR_m2_q_29_4_Map_UnScript to ensure that if the player tries to pick up the map into inventory directly (i.e., with a right-click while the inventory is open), he gets the unscripted version. More checking to be done tomorrow.

EDIT: Updated version attached, with "removespell blah 1" replaced by "removespell blah" since OpenMW's script compiler likes the former version not at all.

EDIT2: now with a q2-27 bugfix as well (in the script on Heel-Kur).
Attachments
TR_q2-29-Imp_Rats_14.esp
(231.28 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

From script TR_m2_q_29_banneraralor:

;this is the newest part
;olmu won't start to leave the refuge until you've talked to her

if ( GetJournalIndex "TR_m2_FG_Irano1" < 40 )
	return
elseif ( GetJournalIndex "TR_m2_FG_Irano2" > 60 )
	return
endif
I assume the "TR_m2_FG_Irano2" should be a "TR_m2_FG_Irano1"? And the greater-sign should be a greater-or-equal?

Also, I don't see why you have a

if ( GetJournalIndex "TR_m2_FG_Irano1" != 0 )
afterwards.

EDIT: The part of the TR_m2_q_29_RefugeeSCN script that is supposed to make Olmu walk to the door of the refuge at 4am, shouldn't it be conditioned to the duration of the quest only?
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

re:scripts: agreed
arvisrend wrote: EDIT: The part of the TR_m2_q_29_RefugeeSCN script that is supposed to make Olmu walk to the door of the refuge at 4am, shouldn't it be conditioned to the duration of the quest only?
Duration of the quest is until she dies (one way or another) so it makes no difference, but yes for performance around the corpse I suppose?

...unrelatedly, forgot to account for the 23->0 gamehour transition in TR_m2_q_29_OlmuTravel
- need to check for negative timeshift as well as positive. Still editing the file? else will fix if you haven't already
Last edited by rot on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

I'm not editing the file right now, so if you feel like fixing some of the issues, feel free to do so!

Does Olmu die either way? Oh, she gets disabled, I see. So it's irrelevant indeed.

EDIT: note to self: merge instructions:

check that the dridrea have really been removed from shambalu
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Up,
- small edits to TR_m2_q_29_banneraralor, TR_m2_q_29_OlmuTravel, TR_m2_q_29_RefugeeSCN for both our posts above.
Attachments
TR_q2-29-Imp_Rats_14.esp
(230.34 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

FINAL FILE ATTACHED. Giving a claim of this size a proper review is beyond my paycheck and I couldn't be assed to read through 100% of the dialogue (although it's the best dialogue I've seen in TR), but I am positive that there are no issues that would spoil the player experience, let alone any that warrant procrastinating this release yet further. The writing is wonderful, once again, and the quests are an experience that few modern games have to offer. Please post any further bugs in [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23355&start=80]the public bugfixing thread[/url], as this is minutes away from being merged into the Mainland and days away from being released.

Here is an incomplete changelog of what I did in the current attachment:

- Novas Senim used to give the wrong answer to "assassination of the Telomas" if the player had already accused the Indaren or Veri. This is because the journal entry was used as a criterion. Now I'm using the controlQ variable.

- There was a dialogue glitch when you deliver the slave to Narsuli in Amiro3, then take Olmu's 1000 gold in Irano1, but speak to Seras without enough gold in inventory and choose the "Olmu Llendu sends her apologies. [Give the 1000 septims]" option (the dialogue would loop). I have made the option disappear when the gold is not in the PC's inventory.

- Diversified two of Llerar's and Llavane's greetings:

Llavane (originally both): "Our precious Surol is dead, and you are the one to blame. Three curses upon you, you demon."
Llerar (now): "Go home to your snakepit, outlander. Why are you coming here after what you did to Surol?" [Also, he doesn't curse the player, as opposed to Llavane; it would be too much of a coincidence.]

Llavane (originally both): "Our Surol is safe, thanks to you. I'm sure she'll come visit soon."
Llerar (now): "The spider princess seems to have taken pleasure in you, outlander. And you have our thanks."

Llavane (originally both): "You've found our Surol? She's alright? Oh, what marvelous news! You should let your guildmaster know of this, %PCName."
Llerar (now): "Our Surol is alive and well? And you have been her guest? These are wonderful tidings, %PCName, and you should share them with your guild."

Llavane (originally both): "Please... Will you find our precious Surol?"
Llerar (now): "Outlander, our hope is now in you. Will you find our Surol?"

- Taunting Selari into fighting me (rather than confronting her with the evidence about the Telomas assassination) would have the curious consequence that the paralysis spell would never be lifted and Selari's "state" variable would remain at 3 indefinitely. I haven't tried to get to the bottom of this, but merely added two timer-based failsafes that increment the state after 8 seconds. The script might use a global menumode check, but I don't have the time to think about its consequences.

- Eifid's responses to "Akavorioc" are no longer conditioned to "Not Faction Fighters Guild". I don't know why they were in the first place.

- The response "You managed to slay him? Ha. Eifid must be boiling with envy..." is now also conditioned to Eifid being alive. Otherwise they say: "You managed to slay him? Ha. If Eifid had lived to hear of it..."

- I cut down on some uses of the word "information" (it sounds too computer-sciency to me); example: "Talk with Seras Indaren to learn if he has a hunch where; he might know more by now." (replacing "Talk with Seras Indaren to learn if he has more specific information on her whereabouts.")

- Journal TR_m2_FG_Irano3 stage 80 now gives the location of Akavorioc ("I've encountered Akavorioc in a forsaken manor on the western hill of Dun Akafell.") to make it easier for a player to return after fleeing.

- In the unlikely case that the player would find Surol in Shambalu but not the map in her bedroom, and then talk to her mother before talking to her, the dialogue would refer to the "map". Fixed this. ("You found her in a shrine? In a vale hidden in the Mephalains? Did you speak to her? Please, %PCName, don't let us wait for our Surol.")

- Added topic "Arenim Manor" because gawd is that place well-hidden: "You surely know the way to the Laughing Goblin? The Arenims run that place, and it serves as a gatehouse of sorts to their manor. Exit the Goblin on its topmost floor and cross a bridge, and you're at their doors."
Attachments
TR_q2-29-Imp_arvis_15.esp
(233.01 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Merged into Mainland.

Thank you for this masterpiece, Rats & rot!
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Kudos to ye both, arvisrend and rot, for finishing this!