Accurate map
Parent: 3-19-Ind
 Faction: House Indoril
 Files:
Name Size Last Modified
TR_i3-728-Ind_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp 32.6 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
TR_i3-728-Ind_Leon_7.esp 32.6 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
Description
Thirr River Valley 12,-30. Exterior is in M3A3.

Natural Cave. Underground source for the river. Should have a very wet feel and lots of water.
Last Edited by Thrignar Fraxix
(Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:19 pm) Post
Send private message   Reply with quote      
SamirA
Developer Emeritus
27 Apr 2010

Unlocking.
Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:50 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Leon
Developer
30 Jul 2011

Claiming

Lot's of water, maybe little waterfalls inside. Flora like moss, mushrooms and roots from the tree's above are a must. Add objects like broken wood that came from the surface into this cave, and make a feeling that this cave is yet untouched by Dunmer civilization.

I won't make this cave too high, because of the river that is above this cave.

Since it is a natural cave, should it have a blacksquare door instead of a man-made wooden door?
Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:25 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
SamirA
Developer Emeritus
27 Apr 2010

Find the exterior and take a guess Wink (yes it should)

Enjoy Leon, make it nice and yummy.

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:03 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Leon
Developer
30 Jul 2011

Here is a little update.

Will finish this within a few days.

Music Composer & Quality Assurance
Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:16 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Leon
Developer
30 Jul 2011

Another update.

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:45 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Leon
Developer
30 Jul 2011

Update

Sorry for the slow progress, but progress there is! v

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:43 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Leon
Developer
30 Jul 2011

Finished

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:58 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Leon
Developer
30 Jul 2011

Super Finished.

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:20 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Leon
Developer
30 Jul 2011

Ultra Finish.

I think this is final.

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:20 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
arvisrend
Lead Developer
04 Oct 2010

I've had a short look at the current version. Lights are fine this time.

The int is definitely nice and something not yet seen in this form in TR. Good job on that, Leon! But somehow it still feels not detailed enough, maybe because of being something not yet seen. The ref count is perfectly good, but I still feel yearning for more. Maybe I've got too high expectations after seeing that. But I dunno. More moss at least? Maybe replace some of the WG rocks by stalagtite/stalagmite in_mold_rocks? Lichen grows in caves, too.

I have to echo Umarenai's concerns about WG rocks. They actually look better in darkness than in light, but still not very fitting. They look like huge barnacles rather than like rocks. Maybe we can retexture them to look like the in_mold_rocks surrounding them?

Logic issue: If the "Dark Hole" is supposed to be the exit of this cave (and not just to lead into another cave), it shouldn't be dark, but rather it should be a twilight zone and the main light source in this int. You could even think of putting the occasional plant near the entrance.

Two issues about the "great hall" (the room with the big in_mold_rock_21 pillar):
1) The in_mold_rocks around the pillar are too evenly spaced. Looks more like some ancient altar than anything natural.
2) The water in the waterfalls flows from "nowhere", as in, there is no visible cavity from which it would come. This is a point where "dark holes" can be of use, but also just combinations of rocks like in Norenen-Dur: http://i.imgur.com/PcRsR.jpg .
Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:28 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
SamirA
Developer Emeritus
27 Apr 2010

arvisrend wrote:
I've had a short look at the current version. Lights are fine this time.

The int is definitely nice and something not yet seen in this form in TR. Good job on that, Leon! But somehow it still feels not detailed enough, maybe because of being something not yet seen. The ref count is perfectly good, but I still feel yearning for more. Maybe I've got too high expectations after seeing that. But I dunno. More moss at least? Maybe replace some of the WG rocks by stalagtite/stalagmite in_mold_rocks? Lichen grows in caves, too.

I have to echo Umarenai's concerns about WG rocks. They actually look better in darkness than in light, but still not very fitting. They look like huge barnacles rather than like rocks. Maybe we can retexture them to look like the in_mold_rocks surrounding them?

Logic issue: If the "Dark Hole" is supposed to be the exit of this cave (and not just to lead into another cave), it shouldn't be dark, but rather it should be a twilight zone and the main light source in this int. You could even think of putting the occasional plant near the entrance.

Two issues about the "great hall" (the room with the big in_mold_rock_21 pillar):
1) The in_mold_rocks around the pillar are too evenly spaced. Looks more like some ancient altar than anything natural.
2) The water in the waterfalls flows from "nowhere", as in, there is no visible cavity from which it would come. This is a point where "dark holes" can be of use, but also just combinations of rocks like in Norenen-Dur: http://i.imgur.com/PcRsR.jpg .

The execution of a "twilight zone" would cause far more logic issues not to mention would look awful due to the limitations of Morrowind. We can't make nice cave transitions such as those in Skyrim. A bright entrance would be horribly illogical at night time. With a dark entrance the case can be made that the player came through a bit of a dark tunnel entrance before entering the more lit cave portion.

Issue 1 above is a style preference issue and not really a problem with the interior, sometimes in nature there are things which don't look quite natural in any case, odd but true.

Issue 2 This is more of an actual issue, I would suggest you make the water come from a logical "hole" as suggested by the images arvis attached.

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:31 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

Well maybe it is an ancient altar. Think about that.
Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:35 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
SamirA
Developer Emeritus
27 Apr 2010

Another distinct possibility Why. Smile
Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:37 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

I haven't resubmitted this to review in light of the suggestions posted in this thread. The addition of rocks to the waterfalls at least need to be taken care of.

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:59 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Leon
Developer
30 Jul 2011

Finished.

Added the rocks that were requested.

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:37 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

Approving. use my file.
Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:19 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group