Accurate map
Parent: 3-19-Ind
 Faction: House Indoril
 Files:
Name Size Last Modified
TR_i3-729-Ind_adamantum_5.esp 88.4 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
TR_i3-729-Ind_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp 87.5 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
Description
Thirr River Valley 12,-25. Exterior is in M3A3.

Long abandoned mine.
Last Edited by Haplo
(Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:26 pm) Post
Send private message   Reply with quote      
SamirA
Developer Emeritus
27 Apr 2010

Unlocking.
Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:50 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
adamantum
Developer
25 Jun 2007

Claiming this. An extensively mined cave that seems to have run out of ore. However, another undiscovered section of the cave is accessible through sunken tunnels and by levitation that still has a lot of unmined deposits.
I was thinking of making this either an adamantium or a glass mine, and I'd rather go with the first option if it is OK with everybody.
Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:45 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

I for one would like to see more adamantium mines in this region
Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:28 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Not
Lead Developer
01 Mar 2012

Adamantium mines? Damn, I wasn't aware we even had those. I need to catch upon the times. Sounds awesome to me ^^

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:30 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
SamirA
Developer Emeritus
27 Apr 2010

Adamantium it is! Grantation
Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:20 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
adamantum
Developer
25 Jun 2007

A small-ish update. Finished most of the rough statics, this one is going to be pretty large - there are two cells for now. There will be a lot of in_cavern stuff because hey, I really like in_cavern stuff Smile Expect a more interesting update in a couple of days. Oh, and ignore the rocks.
Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:58 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
adamantum
Developer
25 Jun 2007

Update. Lots of stuff has been added. The mine grew to be three cells large, and I think it's going to be epic once it's finished. I've given it an extensive railway system that would've been used for transporting mined adamantium, and it spans whole two cells - from the very entrance to the largest mined cave. Like I said, lots of in_cavern stuff. Apart from the light settings (pretty dark and gloomy), the mine still looks as if it was active. I decided to first make it look like a busy, working mine, and add the 'abandonment look' in the end. I honestly hope there will be at least one quest related to this interior, I would hate to see all this go unnoticed in-game Very Happy
Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:16 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
SamirA
Developer Emeritus
27 Apr 2010

Make sure the adamantium (at least not any large quantities) is not easy to find and/or get to. Also, the long abandoned part of the description was key, I know you said you were going to turn it into that, but make sure and see that you do. This should not be anything near an active site. Indiana Jones it up a bit, it can still be cool and have all the elements you decribed, but it should be derelict and noticable unused and old.
Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:39 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
adamantum
Developer
25 Jun 2007

Update. Most of the rough work is done, and I think it turned out quite nice. As with the previous updates, the number of cells increased again - the mine is now five cells large. On to detailing now, and making the mine actually look abandoned.

Don't worry, there won't be much adamantium lying around. The adamantium rocks that are in the mine cells are all depleted (meaning they only have 10% chance of having adamantium in them), and the rest are really hard to get to, and require a lot of diving and even levitation. Here are the statistics:
In the ideal-est of ideal cases, the player can find up to 58 pieces of adamantium. He is, however, expected to find 19.6 pieces, with variance of 8.64 (standard deviation of approximately 3). That means that most of times he'd find 16 to 22 pieces, and even that is in case he visits every single one of adamantium rocks. I think that is not much (in the mine itself, he is only expected to find 4 to 5 pieces).

And one last thing, what is the name of this mine? Is it already determined, or am I free to name it?
Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:19 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
SamirA
Developer Emeritus
27 Apr 2010

You may suggest a name, whether it sticks or not is another story.
Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:08 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
adamantum
Developer
25 Jun 2007

A small update. I did some detailing, just making the place look more abandoned-like. There is only a little more detailing left before I finish this, and I'm kind of running out of ideas, so it'd be nice if someone could take a look at this and tell me if it looks abandoned enough as it is.
Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:15 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
adamantum
Developer
25 Jun 2007

A bit more detailing done. I hereby declare this claim finished.
Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:09 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

Approving, use my file
Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:59 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group