TR_Mainland Download and Updating

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

New file up: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/83265276/TR_Mainland.7z .

- Journal "TR_m1_TG_Herne's Soul": new quest entry 20 saying "I have snatched the prized soulgem from Hermalian's pockets. Silniel in the Howling Noose will be eager to see it.".

- Script "TR_m1_MG_Hermalian": created.

- NPC TR_m1_Hermalian: now has script TR_m1_MG_Hermalian.

- Topics "duties" and "unique soul gem": conditions on some of TR_m1_Gindaman's replies changed.

- Topic "unique soul gem": conditions on some of TR_m1_Silniel's replies changed.

- Greeting 5: the response "Hmmm, %PCRank? You say you have a question about that unique soul gem you stole?" by NPC TR_m1_Silniel is now also conditioned to journal "TR_m1_TG_Herne's Soul" >= 100.

NOTE: The preceding fixes all address issues with the Herne's soul quests. I can't say they are all fixed now (I think you still get weird stuff if you mingle them in a weird enough way), but at least the standard approach to getting two Herne's souls should no longer work. NOT TESTED!

- Cells 26, 5; 35, -17; 34, -17; 40, -5; 39, -6; 38, -3; 38, -5; 45, -10; 48, -11; 47, -10; 47, -9; 46, -9; 45, -9; 39, -10; 39, -4; 33, -16; 34, -16: various exterior bugs fixed (casperers, floaters, faulty vertexshading, submerged stuff, angular terrain etc.).

- Various cells: Replaced/removed some vanilla levlists (ex_westgash_*) that included blighted creatures.

- Cell "Ruinous Keep": moved some crates to not block the path.

- Topic "little secret": typo fixed ("When the processions for the dead [...] smaller journies of families" -> journeys).

- Armor TR_m1_de_ShadowHood: deleted (Haplo says it's crap).

- Enchanting tr_m1_shadowhood_en: deleted.

- Body part TR_com_Dun_Hood_bp: deleted (belonged to the above-mentioned shadow hood).

- NPC TR_m1_Grimdil: now is Enchanter Service class and has 750 barter gold.

- Cell "Llothanis, Bal Gernak's manor": changed some ownerships so that TR_m1_Grimdil can actually sell the enchanted stuff in his room.

- Greeting 5: in a greeting conditioned to NPC TR_m1_Q59_LiT_Indoril_E ("Anda-se hleras-Gahn Dres. Jorós-se hmero eneloth nerue-sasumas has airús-se shorath meru Almalaessa nesen hasal Nuhrath, shil karás-hasalse. Ena-the asela?"), replaced "Dres" by "Indoril" to match with the proposed translation.

- Topic "Gospels of the Saints": replaced response "My dear friend, do not believe a word of them. They are but contrivances, all of them, concocted by Temple founders in the early Second Era in order to fulfill the agenda of the Tribunal." by "My dear friend, do not believe a word of them. They are but contrivances, all of them, concocted by Temple propagandists in order to fulfill the agenda of the Tribunal."

- Cell "Taaldrun Ancestral Tomb": gridsnapped two doors.

- Armor TR_m1_Dro'Zaaj_Bracer_L and TR_m1_Dro'Zaaj_Bracer_R: deleted (unused).
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: TR_Mainland Download and Updating

Post by arvisrend »

- Cells 38, -17; 38, -16; 39, -16; 38, -18; 37, -16; 39, -17; 40, -16; 26, 0; 27, 0; 26, -9; 24, 2; 24, 1; 28, -1; : some landscaping bugs (caspering, lack of vertex shading etc.) fixed.

- Book TR_bk_i2-25-Bonewalkerbook: typo fixed.

- Merged [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21654]q2-19[/url] file into the Mainland. The file is attached here for the reference of translators.

- Cell 25, 0: unlocked ex_de_ship_trapdoor to the cabin of the Reckless Maiden ship. [This was part of the q2-19 merge instructions.]

- Cell "Helnim, Warehouse": all three doors in the upper floor are now set to key TR_m2_q_19_EECWarehouseKey. [This was part of the q2-19 merge instructions.]

The next edits all are supposed to address [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=311580#311580]this bug[/url].

- Journal TR_m2_IC_Pilgrim: new stages 15 and 25.

- Topic "Nimbelor": various changes and additions, too many to list.

Here's the new dialogue and journal entries:

stage 15: Godred, the Helnim shrine sergeant of the Imperial Cult, wants me to track down a Bosmer thief who stole a precious limeware platter from the Imperial Cult. Godred speculates that someone in the city's slums, most likely Grodring, could help me finding him.

stage 25: Erdgolf the Sea-Weary, the keeper of the Helnim lighthouse, claims to have seen a Bosmer jumping down onto the cliffs to the west of his lighthouse, and then running off along the cliff edge. The Bosmer has not returned since.

Ramin Maderan (slums) about Nimbelor: dispo 70 reply: Not that I've nothing better to do than pry about Bosmer... That one was hard not to notice, however. Thought I'd poke some fun at him by asking about the life of Talos. Hey, he knew the name at least. Still, what he came her for was obvious. Well, as their gods, so their pilgrims... Anyway, he used to prowl south of here, in the direction of the lighthouse. Maybe the keeper knows more.

dispo 0 reply: A Bosmer? Imperial cult? Seen here in the slums? I am sure the elf you are describing is a very honorable one. Can't say I really got to know him. Then again, have I got to know you well enough to talk about this?

Erdgolf about Nimbelor: dispo 75 reply: I prefer to stay out of trouble, but I can say I've seen my share of weird people passing by here. One of the last was a Bosmer indeed. You see, there is only one road that leads out of the lighthouse, but some of the cliffs around here are walkable, too. The guy I saw took a turn left from the road and jumped down on the western cliffs; then he ran off northwards. No, I haven't followed him... Hope it helped you.

dispo 0 reply: No, I have not been harboring thieves in my lighthouse. Haven't been tracking travelers either. I do see someone suspicious once in a while... but do I know you well enough to remember?

Grodring about Nimbelor: Think I see who you mean. Hah, a pilgrim. The Cult is easily fooled; no one here had any illusions about that guy. He stayed here for a while but I haven't seen him lately. Ask Erdgolf at the lighthouse; that's where I've seen him headed the last time.

Other people in Helnim, Slums: No idea... Have you asked around outside?

Quest starter (not my dialogue but my result script): Aye, wretched thief. Some Bosmer chap came in here a night or two ago, claiming he was a pilgrim. Pah. I dunno why Cantorius trusted the fetcher. I'd'a seen right through him. Needless to say, the next morning he was gone, and so was our finest limeware platter. Knowing the scum in this town, the Thieves Guild was behind this. Find Tiron Naren at Mjornir's Alehouse, and get him to cough up.

result: if ( GetDeadCount "TR_m2_Tiron Naren" >= 1 )
choice "The dead are no good talkers." 11
elseif ( getJournalIndex TR_m2_TG_Uncovering == 100 )
choice "I fear Tiron and I aren't getting along lately..." 12
else
Journal TR_m2_IC_Pilgrim 10
endif

choice 11 response: He's dead? Looks like someone's done a good deed. Makes our job a bit harder, though. But y'know, there are a couple reliable people in the slums of this damned town, and one of them is my compatriot Grodring. If our friend Nimbelor did have his lodging down there, as he was claiming back here, Grodring might have a hunch where he went.

choice 12 response: Hah, can't blame you for that. But there's a second option. If our friend Nimbelor really had his lodging down in the slums as he was claiming back here, the people there will likely have an idea where he's went. Try asking Grodring; he is often outside and should see much. Besides, he is one of the few reliable people down there.
Attachments
Clean_TR_q2-19-Imp_6plus_3skah.esp
(135.87 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Topic "two sailors": typo fixed.

- Topic "Nimbelor": minor changes.

- Cells 20, -23; 20, -21; 19, -21; 22, -23: fixed casperers.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Needs up-to-date TR_Data!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Journals TR_m2_He_deepconvo, TR_m2_He_LitCrit, TR_m2_He_lostfound, TR_m2_He_Blades2: corrected typos reported in http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=312030#312030 .

- Topic "Temis Lorthus": corrected typo reported in http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=312030#312030 .

- Cell "Asnadan": de-levelscaled.

- Cells 36, 10; 36, 9; 32, 16; 38, 3; 37, 2; 38, 1; 39, -1; 39, -2; 24, -17; 21, -17; 21, -16: placement and vertexshading fixes.

Sorry, haven't had very much time today :(
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

- NPC "TR_m1_Ildonia Boss": now Ildana Felannus.

- NPC "TR_m1_Crulnius_Peltus". now Ildonis Peltus.

- Scripts TR_m1_BOmuskscript and TR_m1_Tandryenscript: rewritten resp. modified. This should fix rot's issues with the Bal Oyra muskflies quest.

- Cell 43, -16: two floaters fixed.

- Cells 44, -16; 45, -16: land gap fixed.

- Cell "Cursed Shack": renamed as "Mephalain Mountains, Forsaken Shack" to make conflict with other mods less likely.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Needs up-to-date TR_Data! Yes, that means the 11 Feb 2013 one.

- Cell 30, -13: The Teeth of Stone have been remade using Mwgek's wonderful new WG rocks. CS screenshots of the new versions: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/83265276/teeth1.jpg // https://dl.dropbox.com/u/83265276/teeth2.jpg . Comments welcome. (Yes, I did add the moss and some more vegetation in teeth1. Not sure if the moth really fits that well.)

- Cells 36, -20; 36, 9; 32, -15; 45, -7; 44, -7; 44, -14; 17, -16; 46, -16; 17, -17; 19, -18; 19, -17; 20, -16; 35, 12; 34, 14; 32, 13: fixed casperers, floaters and shading mismatches.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Needs up-to-date TR_Data! Yes, that means the 16 Mar 2013 one.

- Cells 29, -7; 23, -5; 22, -6; 22, -7; 38, -14; 41, -16; 23, -22; 24, -22; 34, 11; 23, -13; "Chunzefk, Ruins": minor placement fixes (caspering, floating etc.).

- Container TR_M3_i335_Crate_Ore: deleted (it was unused and had no mesh).
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Needs up-to-date TR_Data! (the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Topic "Naleth Llarni": result script of Shaga fixed to remove only as many potions as the player has.

- Container TR_m2_q_14_NalethChest: made persistent to avoid crash bug reported by Prophetional in http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=312806#312806.

- Topic "local area": fixed typo in response by NPC "TR_m2_Barmena Lletrith".

- Cell "Samapwi": floating barnacles fixed.

- Cell "Akamora, Guild of Mages": various stuff no longer belongs to Ranosa Orrels.

- Topic "Background": reply by "TR_m2_Elera Dorem" has "Mugan Crypt" replaced by "cavern of Hlaanis", since Mugan Crypt will be used for a quest and not filled with necromancers.

- Cells "Sirrilas, Outer Halls", "Sirrilas, Shrine of the Webspinner", "Hlaanis", "Ald Niripal, Outer Halls": de-levelscaled.

- Cell "Ald Niripal, Flooded Chamber": winged twilight now respawns.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Needs up-to-date TR_Data! (the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Cell "Ba'nal": replaced leveled critters by slaughterfish. (There is nothing valuable in that cell, and the critters from the list tended to get stuck in walls.)

- Various cells: De-levelscaled most daedra from TR_LC_Daedric_all_* levlists in TR and some other beasts.

- Cells 28, -8; 27, -8; 25, 19; 27, -11; 26, 19: fixed casperers and similar placement bugs.

- Topic "specific place": Akamora response ("In the north of town there's the city's guard tower, [...]") improved and some alternatives added. Make no mistake, these are hardly final. Generic response:
"In the north of town there's the city's guard tower, the Fighters' Guild, Indaren Manor, and the Mining Head Office. Parys manor, The Laughing Goblin, and the Underground Bazaar are in the west, and you'll find the Guild of Mages along the eastern cliff street. Senim manor is at the top of the central rock spire, and the Morag Tong Guild hall is near the western bridge that leads east to the Akamora Egg Mines. Finally, the Tribunal temple is located on the southern outskirts of town."
Mages Guild response:
"The Temple is at the south end of the town, the Guild of Fighters on the hill up north. Midway between are the Underground Bazaar and the Laughing Goblin, the only tavern around a foreigner would want to go in, not counting the Inn Between way out of town."
Fighters Guild response:
"If you follow the road down to the Temple, you will pass the Laughing Goblin tavern and the Underground Bazaar. The Guild of Mages is carved into the cliffs on the northern side of town and you can reach it if you turn left just before you pass the Laughing Goblin. Turning left *behind* the Goblin will lead you to a bridge, and beyond it the Akamora egg mines. The strider port is near the Temple, and so is the only road leading out of Akamora. The guard tower is just a few steps above us."

- Topic "someone in particualar": Response "Mjara is the highest ranking member here at Akamora's Mages Guild." replaced by "The Akamoran Mages Guid is administered by Ranosa Orrels, one of the natives here in Akamora and an enchanter by profession. Mjara, an apprentice of the guild, is working as a guild guide." Conditions changed to not have Ranosa give this response. Mjara gives the following response: "Mjara is the guild guide. Mjara supposes you want to speak with Ranosa if you are here for work, and with Polodie if you want to trade potions. Other than this, Mjara cannot help you; he, too, is new in town." Ranosa gives the following response to TR_MG members at disposition 50: "Mjara is our guild guide and Polodie and Varona our alchemists. Francine Aldard is trying to do some studies in Mysticism, but honestly research is not our priority here in Akamora; there is just too much politics interfering. Thankfully the guards are on our side, though this shouldn't come as a surprise given the Iranos' Imperial ties." Otherwise she just answers: "We aren't a very large chapter. Mjara is our guild guide and Polodie and Varona our alchemists; Francine Aldard is studying Mysticism."

- Topic "someone in particular": Response "Some of the less important nobles are the Aravels, the Veris, the Arenims, Daryos Varen, and Rolam Salenith. Other people you might want to know about are the guard captain Flaalsa Irano, her sister Laalalvo Irano who leads the town's Fighter's Guild, and Mjara, the head mage of the local Mages Guild. replaced by "Some of the less important nobles are the Aravels, the Veris, the Arenims, Daryos Varen, and Rolam Salenith. Other people you might want to know about are the guard captain Flaalsa Irano, her sister Laalalvo Irano who leads the town's Fighters Guild, and Ranosa Orrels, the head mage of the local Mages Guild."

- Greeting 7: The greeting "Akamora has quite enough of you outlanders here already, %PCName. Please keep your visit short." is now conditioned to Not Cell "Akamora, Guild of Fighters" and Not Cell "Akamora, Guild of Mages".

- Greeting 7: Added some (differently conditioned) random greetings for Akamora MG (all at dispo at least 50):
"Feel at home in the Guild, %PCRank; there's not many other friendly places for an outlander in Akamora."
"What takes a %PCRank to Akamora? Feel free to linger."
"Greetings, %PCRace. If you are any good at sorcery and willing to get some work done, Ranosa will be happy to see you join; or are you just passing by?"
Also, added some greetings for NPC TR_m2_Mjara to avoid him having an illogical standard greeting:
"Mjara offers teleportation services to other chapters of the Mages Guild all across Morrowind. What is your destination?"
"Are you looking for a fast and inexpensive way out of town, %PCRace? What is your destination? Or are you here to chat?" (high dispo)
"Welcome to Akamora, %PCRace. Forgive Mjara the lack of local knowledge; Mjara has arrived in Akamora not too long ago. Mjara is the guild guide and can take you instantaneously to another chapter of the Mages Guild -- what is your destination?" (talked to PC == 0)

- Cell 26, -9: removed stuff inexplicably buried in the ground near the Valley of Mephala.

- Topic "latest rumors": Response "The antagonism between the nobles is starting to get out of hand. There are rumors that some are even planning violence against their rivals." is now conditioned to Not Class Noble. (Thanks, rot, for the catch.)

- NPC TR_m2_Ranosa_Orrels: now has 450 barter gold. This change might have to be redone again after merging, if q2-36 undoes it. (q2-35 won't, since I've done it there, too.)

- Cell "Omathi Ancestral Tomb": de-levelscaled.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Greeting 5: fixed a few grammar trifles.

- NPC "TR_m1_Medenb_Khifzah": renamed as Ilen Midaan (formerly called Medenb Khifzah), ID staying the same.

- Cells "Tel Ouada, Khifzah Manor" and "Tel Ouada, Khifzah Manor: Master Bedroom": renamed to have Midaan instead of Khifzah in their names.

- Journal TR_m1_TO_KillOrBeKilled, Topic "latest rumors", Greetings 0, 5 and 7, Topic "my life", Scripts "TR_m1_q_KhifzahNPC", "TR_m1_Q_KhifzahScript", "TR_m1_q_KobK_AssassinShowdown", Book "TR_m1_Q_writ_Khifzah", NPC "TR_m1_Khifzah_Dead": replaced all references to Medenb Khifzah by references to Ilen Midaan (the first journal entry actually speaks of "Ilen Midaan of Tel Ouada" now, so that the player doesn't forget where he got the quest). Also corrected a grammar bug.

- NPC "TR_m1_Medenb Arvel": renamed as Medhan Arvel.

- NPC "TR_m1_Medenb_Renim": renamed as Medhan Renim.

- NPC "TR_m1_MedenbVendu": renamed as Gedhan Vendu.

- Cell "Ba'nal": renamed as "Saekim-Sur Grotto"; also, fixed floater.

- Topics "Bahrammu" and "recruit some minors": fixed "avaliable" typo.

- Cell "Sailen, Bradyn Farmhouse": removed gold ore placed at 0,0,0 outside of the level.

- Various cells: replaced misc_hook by furn_hook_01 when the hook shouldn't be pickable for logical or physical reasons (this addresses http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=307658#307658 ); also, some activators unowned.

- Assorted cells: de-levelscaled a couple monsters.

- Activators "TR_m3_A7_Roadmarker_Seitur" and "TR_m2_KL_akamora_marker_0": switched their models by suggestion of Numenorean in http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=308903#308903 .

- Cell 40, -14: fixed casperer.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Cells 30, -2; 29, -2; 35, -24: fixed casperers.

- NPC TR_m3_Manus: no longer autocalcs; Mercantile is now 41; more wares (including some for my q2-30 quest).

- NPC TR_m3_Drimsu Gindol: added lots of timsa-comes-by, and set seller gold to 450.

- Cells "Seranassid", "Akamora, Guard Tower", "Necrom Lighthouse, Tower", "Helnim, Aarlen Lleranoth: Pawnbroker", "Helnim, Ensalda's House", "Helnim, Sergius Antellius' House": removed out-of-level references.

- Script TR_m3_dwepuzlev41: fixed bug found by Why ( http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=313082#313082 ).

- NPC "TR_m1_Suleri Herothran": fixed clothing issue ( http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=313074#313074 ).

- Greeting 1 by NPC "TR_m1_Vedran Gavonir": The greeting that leads to a fight now has "startcombat, player" in its result script; that way, even a first strike by the player is not reported as a crime. (Solves this one: http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=312792#312792 .)
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Claimed for fixing.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/755 ... inland.rar

Dreynim bridges fixed, and a little fuck you longboats given. We can't faff about with difficult setups, so technically the boats won't fit under but it's not like this game has moving boats anyway.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- NPC TR_m2_O_Drevala: no longer respawns, and now has vampire dust.

- Int claim [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23687]i2-457[/url] merged into the mainland as "Dun Akafell, Deserted Armory", pathgridded, NPCed and linked. Thank you, Aeven!

- New NPC: TR_m2_O_VelinthaMerith. This NPC is a boss by vanilla standards and lives in the above int.

- New weapon: TR_m2_w_adamant_halberd_retr ("Halberd of Torrid Vengeance", enchanted adamantium halberd). It's carried by the above NPC.

- New enchantment: TR_m2_en_halberd_retribution. It's on the above weapon and might be a bit imbalanced, but the charge doesn't suffice to use it particularly often (unless you're the NPC carrying it and have an enchant skill of 76...).

- Door Tr_m3_DunAka_In_DB_door01: replaced in world and removed from file.

- Cell "Sailen, Darys Farming Supplies": unowned a door.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Script TR_m2_DragonGlade_DayNight_ambience: name shortened to TR_m2_DragonGlade_DayNight_ambie, since this was how the script name was internally saved (which confused OpenMW).

- Activator TR_m2_KL_DGSound_01: updated to reflect change in script name.

- Cell 30, -11: floored a floating stoneflower near Akamora. First TR bug spotted in OpenMW!

- Dialogue: various typos fixed in dialogue of NPC TR_m2_Hlera_Velo (fixing part of http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=312916#312916 ).

- Various cells: some de-levelscaling done.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Cell 28, -4: caspering rocks fixed.

- Various cells: more de-levelscaling (Nedothril Coast this time).

Looks like we're running out of bugs...
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

arvisrend wrote: Looks like we're running out of bugs...
Good thing I only have a few more days of Mass Effect playing, should be able to get you a few more bugs...
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Scripts tr_i3-531-ind, tr_m1_npc_shavra_gra-vatok, tr_m1_q_to_ack-20, tr_m1_q_to_ack-30timer, tr_m1_q_to_ack-deadline, tr_m1_q_to_ack-molagsaber, tr_m1_q_to_ack-noga-away, tr_m1_q_to_ack-nogalocal, tr_m1_q_to_ack-nogatalk, tr_m2-56-ancestoroath, tr_m2-56-ancestoroath-out, tr_m3_aselyon_ent_i3-472-ind, tr_m3_i3-131_doorblocked, tr_m3_velothmiracle_i3-138-tri: Renamed to have no dashes, so as not to cause an OpenMW bug. See http://bugs.openmw.org/issues/677 for explanations; I expect OpenMW not to be the only tool that has issues with this. Yes, this probably fails backwards compatibility for the Soul Anchor and possibly the Shavra escort quests. :(

- Dialogue "Soul Anchor" and Greeting 0: results edited to keep consistency with above changes.

- Cell 22, 7: floaters grounded.

- Cell "Dun Akafell, Forgotten Tunnels": ebony dagger hidden in niche.

- Cell "Dun Akafell, Deserted Armory": a few soulgems placed on chest.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23625]First q2-33 quest[/url] merged into Mainland. Thank you, Rats!

- Various pieces of dialogue and journal: "Caeden Jorval" replaced by "Caedan Jorval" as this is how the NPC is called.

- Cell "Helnim, Helnim Hall: East Empire Company Headquarters": all stuff now owned by Merro Galvix (was unowned).

- Some cells: doors unowned.

- Cell 29, 11: caspering rocks fixed.

- Cell 22, -18: floating kollop earthed.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Cell "Akamora, Guild of Mages": more reasonable ownership settings.

- A dialogue bug for the newly merged quest fixed.

- Cell 20, -21: floater fixed.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- NPC "TR_m3_Drimsu Gindol": has a lot more timsa-comes-by and less horn lilies now (quest-relevant).

- Cells 26, -11, 27, -10 and 27, -11: some roads pathgridded lest the bandits in 27, -11 run around like morons.

- Cell "Akamora, Parys Manor": two doors locked (they lead to some unguarded valuables).

- Cells 31, -17 and 32, -18: got rid of some caspering.

- Cell 29, -23 (Dreynim): locked doors now owned.

- Cell "Ranyon-ruhn, Nevusa Lakasyn: Healer": locked door now owned.

- Cell "Ranyon-ruhn, Azariah Thelas' Basement": everything unowned. (By the moment the player can enter here, Azariah is known to be evil.)

- Cell 26, -23: fixed that guar cart from http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=311513#311513 .
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

New file up: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/755 ... inland.rar
Requires the latest data, March 16th

Stuff done:
Little. Verulas Pass enhanced a bit, larger cliff and more details.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

I'll be fixing some of the bugs found by rot now.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Greeting 5: typo fixed in greeting of NPC TR_m3_Relam_Indoran.

- Topic "someone in particular": The Tahvel guards now have a separate answer to this one: Let me guess -- you were looking for Tomaril Manor? That's just north of here if you go cross-country. Nothing to see in this mine for an outlander. The answer by the miners is now conditioned to Not Class Guard.

- NPC TR_m3_Anise_Savil: now has potions to sell.

- Cell "Akamora, Guild of Mages": mis-floored misc_de_bowl_white_01 fixed.

- Cell "Drolar Manor Ruin": NPC TR_m2_lich_lorddrolar moved a bit to avoid him spawning inside a wall; this may and may not have helped (he wasn't even near the wall to begin with).

- Cell "Shambalu, Shrine": replaced argonian skull with a pickable version, since the book underneath it is pickable.

- Cell "Shambalu": ex_dae_door_load_oval moved forward so as not to collide with the wall.

- Cell "Akamora, Parys Manor": pathgrid extended.

- Cell "Salvu Manor": pathgrid created.

- Cell "Salvu Manor": unlocked door leading to Ienen Salvu (he has a "you're welcome nonetheless" greeting, so I think he is supposed to be accessible).

- Cells 34, -17; 31, -9: casperers and floaters fixed.

Enough for today. I was trying to make a dent into rot's new bugreports, but my cold kicked in. Tomorrow then.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Cell "Akamora, Varen Manor": created pathgrid.

- NPC TR_m2_BogamulgroGulfis: now has fight 40 (rather than 80). Thanks to rot for catching this questbreaker.

- Cell 32, 2: floating kelp grounded.

- Cell 30, -2: another floating rock rotated.

- Cell "Amthuandz": more doors locked, items owned.

- Greeting 7: typo fixed.

- Greeting 7: shortened the reply "Welcome, traveler, to the ancient ruin of Amthuandz, in the middle of the Boethian Mountains. Do you know this great bridge used to be the only way through the Boethian Mountains in the Dwemer era? This fortress must have been of the utmost strategic importance and the remains should be enourmously important. Oh, sorry if I'm boring you, I sometimes get carried away." to "Welcome, traveler, to the ancient ruin of Amthuandz, in the middle of the Boethian Mountains." The part about the bridge was bull unless the geography has significantly changed since those times. Also, changed the condition to "Talked to PC == 0".

- Greeting 7: changed the ID condition for the reply "Greetings, outlander. I'm Rithin Helvas, alchemist. If you're looking for alchemical ingredients, you've come to the right place." to ID == TR_m2_Rithin_Helvas (formerly it was ID == TR_m2_Snadmund).

- NPC TR_m2_Rithin_Helvas: now sells basic alch ingredients (respawning).

- Topic "Boethian Mountains": The ironic reply "They surround our site. Sadly, I don't know where the name comes from. I think it has to do with the Boethian lake, but where that name comes from is a riddle." has been reconditioned to ID == TR_m2_Tirinia Malcus (it was formerly given by all archaeologists in Amthuandz, which seems fairly stupid given that some of them are Dunmer).

- Topic "Background": replaced an Amthuandz-conditioned reply by more reasonable alternatives (conditioned by standing inside/outside the ruin):

"I am an archaeologist. I enjoy finding treasures as well as making scientific breakthroughs. These Amthuandz ruins are really thrilling so far." -> "I work at the excavation site you are seeing around you. These ruins seem more spacious than what little we have accessed so far; these days we're mapping out the territory to see what we're missing." // "I am an archaeologist. Not as exciting as you might think: here at Amthuandz, there's only cataloging and mapping left for us, it seems. But one should never give up hope."

- Topic "Amthuandz": various replies rewritten:

reply by archaeologists outside the ruin now says "This is a very old and extensive ruin, %PCName. Unfortunately the better part of it seems lost to the ages; all we have excavated so far is a hall that covers barely half of its size. We are considering tunneling through, but we have little guidance where to start.".

reply by archaeologists inside the ruin now says "There used to be Dwemer machinery patrolling these corridors not too long ago, but I daresay we are done with this part of the ruin now. I am just analyzing the finds and writing reports; not a very thrilling part of our job. The focus of our team is now more on getting some access to the caved-in towers, although this might be overly optimistic if you ask me...".

reply by guards now says "As guards of these excavations, we have to make sure that nothing happens to these scientists. Not an easy job, if you consider the height of these cliffs..." (this is what it used to say, except I've removed the mention of Dwemer machinery).

reply by miner now says "It really is impressive, what me and the other workers have done so far. You see all that woodwork over there? That's probably the only thing we're making headway on these days. Can't blame the archaeologists, though; most of the ruin seems inaccessible these days, and still they aren't giving up." (this has been extended).
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Book TR_m2_alchemistslog_i2-337: fixed some language, but I don't think this book should be there in the first place...

- Misc Item "TR_m2_key_OethKey": cheesy name "Key to Sanctum of Meditation" changed into "Oethadapilu Aisle key", and value set to 145.

- Cell 35, -12: replaced a leveled fish by a land critter.

- Topic "Athryil": typo fixed.

- Cell "Ahhesha": moved a rock out of a way.

- Cell "Teknilashashulpi": rubble block moved away from door.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Topic "Nedothril coast": typos fixed.

- Topic "latest rumors": added "The" before "Indoril must move forward, or fall back".

- Topic "expand his library": grammar fix.

- Cell "Turen, Lower Level": replaced book TR_m2_bk_Diary_Ind_Priest by book TR_bk_MilitaryTactics_JC.

- Book "TR_m2_bk_Diary_Ind_Priest": removed.

- Cell "Turen, Dome": doormarker moved a bit.

- Cell "Haddadalmalu, Inner Shrine": door moved forward to avoid collision with endcap.

- Cell "Muthinis Cave": replaced book TR_m2_alchemistslog_i2-337 by book TR_bk_FollyofSteel.

- Book "TR_m2_alchemistslog_i2-337": removed.

- Cell "Muthinis Cave": added critters; unlit campfire.

- Greeting 7: replaced "next room up" by "next room down" in response by NPC "TR_m2_Delera Indalas".

- Topic "someone in particular": the response by NPC "TR_m2_Meeran Dalvas" is now: "If you seek Captain Saril, he is in the guard tower, and you can get there through the skywalk. There are two merchants and a priest boarding with us currently. The priest is tending the shrine in the Gatehouse, and the merchants--a general trader and an alchemist--are in the Entrance Hall with our smith, Methrendes Garil. And Master Indalas, he is standing right here in this room."

- Quest "TR_m2_Ak_Daedra": stages 10 and 15 set to finishing so as not to clutter up the journal. These stages are what you get just by hearing the latest rumors; I don't think these rumors can appear once you have talked to Flaalsa Irano or killed the matriarch. Set all other entries to restart.

- Quest "TR_m2_wil_Hlersis": set stage 10 to finish-quest, and added a new (non-finishing) stage 11. Also, added the whereabouts of the questgiver to the journal entry.

- Greeting 5: greetings by NPC "TR_m2_Ararvy Orethera" edited to allow the player to choose, when declining the quest, whether to keep it active in the journal or to mark it as finished. Set all other entries to restart. Also replaced "an hour" by "a day" in "I've been looking for a town by the name of Hlersis for over an hour", because FFS the game world isn't as small as the gameplay world.

- Various dialogue: replaced "Mephalian mountains" by the (Adanorcil-correct) "Mephalain mountains".

- Topic "shipment of ebony": replaced "That is not the question in hand." by "That is not the question at hand.". Also, put all the choices which aren't direct speech in square brackets. Last but not least, the ebony is now taken from the player.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Journal "TR_m2_Ak_Daedra": Stage 15 is no longer a finishing stage.

- Journal "TR_m2_Ak_Daedra": typo "Dridea" fixed.

- Cell 43, -8: floating saltrice grounded.

- Cell "Maelasi Cavern": filled a see-through hole and added loot.

- Cell "Telvan Grotto": fixed a casperer.

- Cell "Mzingthlegfth, Upper Halls": two casperers fixed.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Greetings 1 and 5: all greetings 5 by NPC "TR_m3_Veros Dilthim" moved to Greeting 1 in order to avoid bug when player is sick. Also, "I can't believe you've suddenly decided to help me discover Athryil's information on the smugglers!" has now become "Are you here to tell me you've changed your mind and will put me in the know on Athryil's smuggler contacts?".

- Script TR_m3_q_A5_MEChestSCN: written to ensure that the chest with the smugglers' note for the "Tunneling to the Truth" quest can't be obtained before embarking on the quest.

- Container TR_m3_mostlyemptychest: endowed with script TR_m3_q_A5_MEChestSCN.

- Scripts TR_m3_q_A5_SmugglerSack: modified to ensure that the smuggled ebony for the "Tunneling to the Truth" quest can't be obtained before embarking on the quest.

- Cell "Mansurabi, North Tunnels": two of the goblin grunts now respawn.

- Topic "Athryil": response "No? Phah. Useless s'wit. There's no price on your head... yet, so I'm obliged to let you go. But watch your back." now has a variant for the case when the player does have a bounty ("No? Phah. Useless s'wit. I will let you go as I have no time to deal with petty thieves like you, but... watch your back.").

- Script TR_m3_DilavesaUndeadScript: modified so as not to set Journal TR_m3_TT_RuinousKeep to 50 if this journal is already at 70 (i. e., the necromancers are dead).

- NPC "TR_m3_Roril Iamis": now level 12 (was 6) and rank Adept (was Acolyte), so as to reflect his position as head of the scribes at Romithren Monastery.

- Topic "services": new responses:

NPC "TR_m3_Theril Gilnyth": "I infer from your asking that you don't mean the one I am holding. I fear you will be disappointed; our apothecary, Lenaru Tolsen, is the only merchant we have in this cloister. Don't see this as a lack of hospitality -- we don't usually see many visitors here in the first place."

NPC "TR_m3_Salvi Moril": "If you are looking for trade, I fear you won't find much of it here; Lenaru Tholsen has some potions for the weary traveler. This is a monastery that seldom sees a visitor, let alone one from foreign lands. You can leave donations and offerings and partake in the prayer in the Chapel; you can also get your ailments healed at the altars. The books are not for sale here; you can procure most of them in Necrom and Almalexia, though."

NPC "TR_m3_Roril Iamis": "This is a monastery of the Tribunal temple, so I hope you are not expecting much in the way of trade. Lenaru Tholsen in the main hall is an apothecary and can sell you some potions. We are transcribing books for the Temple in these halls, but here is not the place to buy them; you could try Necrom. If prayer and guidance are what you are seeking, Salvi Moril and Theril Gilnyth are the ones you want to talk to."

- Topic "someone in particular": Response "Salvi Moril is the head priest, Lenaru Tolsen provides services. Theril Gilnyth is leading today's prayer in the Chapel, and Roril Iamis is in charge of the books and manuscripts." is now conditioned to the speaker being none of the four. Additional responses have been written for each of them:

Roril: I am just a scribe. You might be describing our Curate, Salvi Moril?

Lenaru: Salvi Moril is our Curate and should be somewhere in this hall. Roril Iamis looks after the scribes. Theril Gilnyth leads the prayers in the Chapel.

Theril: Salvi Moril, the Curate of this monastery, is in the main hall; he is the one to talk to if you are here on Temple duty. Or are you looking for Roril Iamis, the leader of the scribes?

Salvi: We are humble servants of the Three, %PCName. You might want to join Theril Gilnyth in the prayers; he can be found in the Chapel down through the cloistered courtyard. Also, our apothecary Lenaru Tolsen offers a selection of potions.

- Books TR_m2_book_note0_i327, TR_m2_book_note1_i327, TR_m2_book_note2_i327, TR_m2_book_note3_i327: various grammar (and even lore in one case, hopefully done right) fixes. The wording still leaves to be desired, but the worst is gone. Note to hint writers: if you have to write that your hint is a hint, you're doing something wrong.

- Cell "Oethadapilu": fixed a little see-through hole between two stairs statics (in spite of gridsnap!) with an ex_dae_wall_512_01. Overkill anyone?
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Journal TR_m1_mg_5a: New (finishing) entry 32 "Gindaman received news of Herne's Soul disappearing from Absolon's hands, and wants me to track it down again."

- Greeting 5: new greetings by NPC TR_m1_Gindaman (split into two due to length and due to engine bugs with simultaneous setting of two journal entries):
"%PCRank, tidings have arrived from Absolon of your delivering the soul. But so has another piece of news: barely had Absolon received the soul gem as it was stolen from him! This is outrageous; someone must have been tailing the guild to achieve such a feat."
"You must go see Silniel the Maven at the Howling Noose. She heads the Thieves Guild of Firewatch, and even as this does not look like the Guild's handwriting, she might offer some insight. She knows the scene in Firewatch better than anyone else... anyone else who would tell us, that is. You might need some coin to convince her, and let me also teach you a charm spell that can come in handy. Thieves, even Imperial, are not exactly on our payroll, but we cannot let this item fall into anybody else's hands."

- Script "TR_m2_q_12_Nedheleg": added a condition for a journal update.

- Misc item "TR_m2_key_Ohishiran": renamed as "Ohishiran Slave Key", revalued 35.

- Topic "go free": new response "The key to that door is also the key to my bracers. Will you let me go free?" by NPC TR_m2_Im-Komsa.

- Cell 48, 17: lifted a kollop submerged in seafloor.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Misc Item "TR_m2_key_HelnimDM": added for q2-32.

- Cells "Helnim, Diamond Mine" and "Helnim, Diamond Mine: Packing Room": two doors can now be opened with key "TR_m2_key_HelnimDM". While there, also rotated a couple shamelessly floating crates, but some fine-tuning is still needed.

- Cell 25, -4: caspering rocks fixed.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Diamond Mine Packing Room sounds like a terribly named cell imo.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Tyrion wrote:Diamond Mine Packing Room sounds like a terribly named cell imo.
The cell is as bad as its name sounds. :P

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Door "TR_m3_TM_HlavesaDoor": created (copy of in_velothismall_ndoor_01).

- Cell "Tel Mothrivra, The Glass Goblet": an in_velothismall_ndoor_01 replaced by a TR_m3_TM_HlavesaDoor for q2-32.

- Cell "Necrom, Seafarer's Rest Hostel": gave ownership to items and doors.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Topic "background": Some responses were stranded at the very bottom of the list, making them never appear ingame (since the vanilla catch-all responses are above them). This must have happened recently, since one of the responses was from a newly-merged EEC quest. I don't know how this happened; I am not surprised, though. I fear there's more where it came from. I fixed this with duct tape:

Code: Select all

tes3cmd modify --type info --sub-match "prev_id:" -replace "/
666731499111789993/55634998191213036/" "Data Files\TR_Mainland.esp"
but the separators are now out of order (I guess they already were before the topic got corrupted, but I don't know). Fortunately "background" responses are mostly interchangeable, so this case shouldn't be very bad, but similar situations in the Greetings could easily break the game.

- Topics "Indoril lady's amulet", "Cephorad Keep", "Helnim Fields", "Brenne Smitte", "city above", "Inlet Bog", "Services": fixed "Not Local" comparisons. This is something I just learned today: A "Not Local i = j" condition in a dialogue reply is True if the NPC has no local variable called i or its value is not j. So "Not Local nolore == 1" is basically useless; it should be "Not Local nolore == 0".

- Scripts "TR_m1_q_KobK_AssassinShowdown", "TR_m1_q_TO_ACK_noga_away", "TR_m1_SP_SickStriderTimer", "TR_m2_q_10_IlverothLeave", "TR_m2_q_26_duoboysgone", "TR_m2_q_4_AlaudUveran", "TR_m2_q_4_SorenUveran", "TR_m2_q_5_OrdReaction": Since StopScript doesn't immediately stop a script (but only keeps it from being run in the following frames), I've added "returns" after "StopScripts" everywhere (except where it was intended otherwise and where it didn't make any difference, like when the "StopScript" was at the end of the script already).

- Topic "Ring of Rising Fortunes": fixed some grammar in the response beginning with "Once again, you have helped me through a crisis" and the one beginning with "You think so, too?".

- Topic "spiritual questions": added missing comma in "Thank you %PCRace".

- Topic "Jeela's illness": added missing comma in "Oh, thank you %PCName" (both times).

- Topic "hunger strike": added missing comma in "Thank you %PCName".

- Topic "Temis Lorthus": added missing comma in "thank you %PCName for finding" (both times).

- Topic "family tomb": added lots of commas before %PCName on this one.

- Greeting 5: added missing comma in "I've heard about you %PCName".

- Greeting 7: added missing comma in "It's a pleasure to meet you %PCName".

- Topic "distracted": again, missing comma inserted.

- Topic "clannfear": more of the same.

- Topic "flowers": again, "Thank you %PCName". Are appreciatives really so rare in English?

- Topic "Orders": and again.

- Topic "census": aaand again. Also, "Thanks alot" is now "Thanks a lot".

- Topic "Simeth": aaand the last one. I've been searching for "you %PC", so this wasn't a panacea for comma splices, but at least we should've gotten rid of the most obvious among them.

- NPCs "TR_m2_MurderedCaptain", "TR_m2_Famis_Erethan", "TR_m2_Adv-Drowned" and "TR_m2_Killed_01_Adv": scripts removed (these guys are dead).
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Merged [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=314585#314585]rot's fixes to the Pestilent Magic quest[/url] into the Mainland and fixed a couple bugs in it. These modify scripts "TR_m2_q_18_Hjotra_Script", "TR_m2_q_18_NecroScript" and "TR_m2_q_18_Orenin_Script", NPC "TR_m2_O_Mervil Norenas", journal "TR_m2_wil_Pestilent", topics "great healer" and "ingredients", and greetings 2 and 5. PLEASE TEST!

- Script "TR_m2_q_18_Nevera_Script": microoptimizations done (if became elseif).

- NPC "TR_m2_q_18_Winefred": removed script (he is a corpse).

- Cell "Kulidon": made the door to the prisoner's room open with the slave key; moved NPC "TR_m2_q_18_Winefred" a bit; removed container "de_p_chest_02_potions" (which was bleeding into another container); removed lots of expensive loot (there's still enough left in the cell; it's just that most of the containers are now filled with food and lowlevel armor, since this is a necromancer's cave, not a smuggler hideout); moved doormarker into the prisoner's room so as not to land the player inside the collision of the big in_mudcave_04 (the underlying bug is still there: in_mudcave_04 bleeds into the prisoner's room); removed a crate that bled into another.

- Journal "TR_m2_wil_Pestilent_b": quest renamed as "Pestilent Magic: The Necromancer's Cattle" so as not to remove the "Pestilent Magic" quest with its finishers.

- Cell "Tel Mothrivra, Seris Athyon: Magic Supplies": changed some ownership so that the pillow is no longer getting sold and the maps are no longer free to take. The apparatus standing around is also no longer for sale.

- NPC "TR_m2_Seris Athyon": now sells a separate pack of alchemy apparatus.

- Cell 27, -6: rotated caspering rocks (how many more in the Helnim Fields?).

- Cell "Akamora, Varen-Salenith Egg Mine": all eggs are now owned.

- Cell 35, -5: floating rocks grounded.
Last edited by arvisrend on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=314589#314589]rot's improvements to the "Trials of Age" quest[/url] merged. These modify script "TR_m2_q_5_Drulusa" (new), spell "TR_m2_q_5_Trials_sp" (new), NPC "TR_m2_Drulusa Hlamen", journal "TR_m2_TMo_TrialsOfAge" (two new quest stages), Greeting 5, and topic "too tired".

- NPC "TR_m2_Drulusa Hlamen" is now persistent.

- Cell "Tel Mothrivra, Drulasa Hlamen's House": now called "Tel Mothrivra, Drelasa Hlamen's House" to match the NPC's name.

- Script "TR_m2_q_5_NPCMove_Trials": edited to make the cell name consistent with the above change.

- Books "TR_m1_FG2_Logbook", "TR_m1_sc_TO_MM_note", "TR_m3_q_Balvel_Note", "TR_m1_sc_Rithon", "TR_m1_bk_Mistress", "TR_m1_bk_Vampkhif_uni", "TR_m1_bk_skill_enchant5_o", "TR_m1_bk_unfinshedbook" and "TR_m1_sc_lost_guar_note": removed (all are unused). Here is the content of the latter, for your delight: "Has anybody seen my guar? I miss him so much!! I'll do ANYTHING to get him back. I'm so sad words fail to convey my emotion."

- NPC "TR_m3_O_Rithnil Draras", "TR_m1_Sinktheship" and "TR_m2_D_Cornelius": removed scripts (these ones were dead); un-randomized loot on Rithnil.

- Cell "Tel Mothrivra, Storage Tower": lots of stuff given ownership.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

(the 16 Mar 2013 one)

- Topic "Yannib Nassirasu": Response "The Champion sent you? [...]" has been reconditioned so that it is also given when the player finds Yannib first and his companion later.

- Cell "Zanammu, Tier Four": Covered a hole between lava and rocks and fixed a casperer. More loot hidden.

- Various cells: replaced book "TR_bk_JourElindaCad_KM" by book "TR_bk_TheNecklace_KV". The latter will have to be replaced, too, but not yet, and it's not as crappy.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

I have the file, and will most likely keep it for the next day or so.

So far the only edits I have made have been world edits. Most of this encompasses detailing, a lengthy process of fixing really bad vertex shading, detailing a bunch of cells (thoughtfully not just dumping rocks everywhere).

Next round will be bugfixes for world errors. Hopefully I'll be able to turn the file over again tonight or tomorrow.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

New file up: https://www.dropbox.com/s/06t9qkh720quj ... ainland.7z .
(the 16 Mar 2013 one, though hopefully Haplo will update Data soon with the recent changes arvisrend and Adanorcil made.)

Note, I will still be keeping this file until arvisrend finishes work with A8. I will continue to do some other minor world edits (nothing as much as this one), but mostly I will be doing bugfixes in my next phase of edits.

------------------------

This file has some significant changes done to the Helnim Fields, specifically Tel Muthada. I would very much appreciate some playtests, as I may need to scale back those mushrooms around Tel Muthada if people's framerates start to suffer. I would also appreciate some general feedback on my changes.

- The area around Tel Muthada has been mushroomized somewhat, as it felt very barren. The paths leading in and out of it will hopefully be more interesting to traverse.

-Cephorad Keep is overgrown with mushrooms and has a small telvanni root puncturing one of its' walls. A purely cosmetic change as it doesn't affect any interiors. I did this to further show how the keep lives under the shadow of Telvanni power.

-Added some trees as well mixed into the barren area around the tower.

-Added a whole bunch of rocks, mostly along the paths, but some in the wilderness. Added alot more in the southern half of HF.

-Redid almost all the vertex shading in this region. As in I took a size 30 brush, went through all the cells in one fell swoop and started over. Most of the fugly red vertex shading is now gone and the region has a little more consistency to it.

Among other things...

- I redid the vertex shading on a good chunk of the road that passes along the Nedrothil coast, including a surprisingly large chunk of road that had no vertex shading at all around Sailen/Umbermoth.

-I fixed/smoothed some landscape in the area.
-Hippocrates
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

New file up: https://www.dropbox.com/s/06t9qkh720quj ... ainland.7z .
(the 04 Aug 2013 one.)

This file is what you've all been waiting for! Map 3 Area 8 has been married to Mainland. (TLDR, I merged it!) :)

Among other things...

-Massive bugfixing round. Almost everything in the World Errors thread has been squashed. There are way too many bugs from 2012 and this year to even list, but most of the critical ones (floaters, sinkers, casperers alore) are now dead, and will never rise again.

-Bordermatched Mainland's newest consort, vertex shading fixes mostly, but added some statics and fixed a few land seams. Some texture seams were also repaired.

-Established travel links between Sailen-Bosmora siltstriders.

-Additional work done on Helnim fields (mostly adding vertex shading in places I overlooked, fixing caspers here and there, and adding some more statics).

-Galore! If you were upset that you could not see the wonderful city of Necrom on approach, you shall not be disappointed. Those fugly Necrom walls are now gone, replaced with a pretty rockslide-covered path and pathspears. Be sure to regenerate your MGE distant statics if you are using them, and enjoy the view.

----------------

Arvis, the file is yours. :)
-Hippocrates