TR NPC Claim 4-3-Red [Sload]

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Not
Lead Developer

TR NPC Claim 4-3-Red [Sload]

Post by Not »

NPC Claim for the small isolated Redoran town of Bodrem. The file to work off of can be found here http://www.mediafire.com/?5a01pf95bh9ep66

Here is a list of what we have so far concerning the interiors of this claim:

282 - Approximately 4 guards, plus a trader (food stuff and misc items, not glass.)
283 - Mine Overseer's house. Possibly not home, could be off in the mines, The Hall, or wandering outside.
284 - General purpose building for the town of Bodrem. Includes a pub area for gatherings, a small shrine for worship, and an office for the mine manager.
285 - Leave empty
286 - Simple Miner's Hut
287 - Simple Miner's Hut
288 - Corkbulb Farmer's Hut (Married Dunmer couple)
289 - Miner's Shack
290 - Glass Mine
298 - Abandoned Eggmine
300 - Small Eggmine
304 - Cave/Cavern

-------------------------------------------------------

For the most part, it's pretty simple, you're free to give life however you see fit, as long as you stick to the above outline.

As far as the mines and the caves go, obviously only worry about the interiors, the exteriors can be left alone for now.

Please make sure to implement proper pathgridding when placing NPCs.

Also keep in mind that this is the Redoran town of Bodrem. It's way out in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by steep mountains and canyons and whatnot, so it's very isolated, therefore the people here probably are not as up-to-date on current events as they should be.

And finally; don't edit the map4 ESP file. Instead, make an ESP depending on it, just like quests depend on the Mainland ESP.

Figure I'll this in here as I feel it's very important: [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23303]This list will be updated soon,[/url] but keep in mind that dialog is a gameplay mechanic as well as a way to convey lore. Certain topics exist purely to help the player find his way and should only be used to customize characters in exceptional situations. -Why
Last edited by Not on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Ah mah gahd. All over this.

Claim. Will [hopefully] start steady progress after Christmas as I will be out of town until Wednesday.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Interior Reviews: 168
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Granted, and yeah thats fine, do what you gotta do. Hope you have good holiday ^^
Not another memory

Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

I don't come bearing a WIP, instead I come with a quick status update.

Most of the dialogue has been finished in a good ol' Google Docs document and is waiting to be placed into the CS. Everything is pathgrid'd and I've started placing some NPCs. Should have something substantial to post in the next week.

Just for the sake of fleshing out dialogue, is there by chance a name that goes along with the river near Bodrem? I've been unable to find anything.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Any chance you could post a link to your Google Doc, so we can check out your dialouge. I'd be interested in seeing what you came up with. :D
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I'm in your department meddling with your claims!

Want me to make you a cutout of M4 so you can start work proper there or will you take care of that yourself?
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Revoked by request
Not another memory

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

claiming
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Granting
Not another memory

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Well now this should be interesting!

Just to bring you up to speed in case you haven't read it yet, me and Adan and the others have been discussing Redoran, the result of which you can find here: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23781

Try to look past the dramatization et cetera. Obviously you're not going to need most of that, but that thread should give you a good overview of what we thought the direction for the faction should be, as well as a nice overview of current status of the House. It's mostly mundane stuff. This is our first true Redoran NPC claim so I'm very happy it's in your hands, and if you have any suggestions for the faction or want to see anything changed about the outline in that thread please say so, it'll be interesting to hear your thoughts!
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Overview:

Bodrem is boring. It is a tiny town, lost in the mountains, that no one would ever go to. Every resident NPC is a Dark Elf. Several share last names. The town's only service are a trader (in 282), a barkeep (in 284), and a priest (also in 284). This is a place where nothing happens.

The people of Bodrem are loyal to a person at the council in Kartur, whose shield-companion largely runs Bodrem out of an office (in 284). The shield companion is named Dalam Ramaran, and is a relation to Hlaren Ramoran, the Redoran councillor on Vvardenfell. Another Ramaran relation is the head of the guardpost in Bodrem. The trader, barkeep, and one of the owners of the houses in Bodrem are Tuls, Talis, and Treram Varalaryn. The comberry farmers are Fendel and Llaala Moryn.

The only outsider in Bodrem is Wesencolm, a Redguard agent of the East Empire Company, who was sent to try to buy the Bodrem glass mine. He had no luck, and has come down with a sickness and is too fatigued to leave. I will implement a teeny quest where he rewards the player and disappears if they give him a potion that will heal his sickness.

Finished NPC placement, pathgridding, and ownership for all of Bodrem interiors except for the two large interiors (that is, 283, 285, 286, 287, 288, & 289), which I have identified as the Trading Post (282) and the Main Hall (284). Made a lot of progress on the Main Hall as well. No dialog is done yet.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Stryker: Can I get your dialog?
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

I suspect the answer would be no. It would appear I no longer have the dialogue on Google.

Probably would be better off to just restart it.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

I like what you have so far. Sounds great.

you are a fucking genius
Not another memory

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Done with all NPCs and pathgrids, got started on dialog.

Going to be the Wesencolm miniquest, background dialog, unique greetings and maybe topics for the shield-companion, the guard leader, and the barman. That's it.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Dialog is finished, gotta do scripts for the publican and the quest NPC, then test it and I'm done. Probably will do this on Monday or Tuesday.

Dialog in a spreadsheet is attached, statements of any lore significance at all in dialog noted here:
  • -The glass of the area around Bodrem is not called the property of House Redoran, but the "holy and ancestral rights" of the house.

-Wesencolm, an imperialized Redguard, refers to a syncretic god "Ruptga-Tosh"

-Wesencolm makes reference to "glass skiffs" which carry the glass out of Bodrem by way of the river.

-Dalam Ramoran describes himself as "brother of the House Redoran, shield-companion to Ferur Sahlothren the Master of the Horns of Kartúr, and hetman of Bodrem."
I have not significantly edited the exterior of Bodrem except to add a very small amount of flora. The cave I NPC'd had some revealed ebony veins in its lower section and I replaced them with glass because they are in the same mountains as the glass mine.
Attachments
Bodrem dialog.rar
(19.93 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Nice dialogue.

Bouyant -> Buoyant.
reinvoragated -> reinvigorated.
Wesencolm dismisses everything other than the Nine Divines as superstition, but thanks Ruptga-Tosh for the cure; needs not be a contradiction, but just sounds weird.
"its also where the guards are headquartered": its -> it's.
"This is main hall": no article?
"Its also our shrine": its -> it's.
Maybe cut down on the use of "headquartered"; I feel this kind of management speak shouldn't be very endemic in Morrowind (outside of the EEC) where it sounds like a mix of "beheaded" and "quartered". If the word is not management speak, ignore this.
soemwhere -> somewhere.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Script for Wesencolm.

Code: Select all

begin TR_m4_Bd_Wesencolm_s

Short NoLore														;	TR_m4_Wesencolm won't have generic dialogue

;	Change TR_m4_Wesencolm's condition at the end of An Unwell Traveller (TR_m4_Bd_Wesencolm)
if ( GetJournalIndex TR_m4_Bd_Wesencolm >= 20 )		;	If the quest is finished...

;	Cure TR_m4_Wesencolm's disease
	if ( GetSpell, dampworm == 1 )								;	And if TR_m4_Wesencolm has dampworm,
		RemoveSpell, dampworm								;	Remove dampworm.
	endif

;	Disable TR_m4_Wesencolm in Bodrem.
	if ( CellChanged == 1 )										;	And if the player is entering the cell,
		if ( GetPCCell, "Bodrem, Hall" == 1 )					;	And if the cell is "Bodrem, Hall"
			if ( GetDisabled == 0 )								;	And if TR_m4_Wesencolm isn't disabled,
				Disable												;	Disable TR_m4_Wesencolm.
			endif
		endif
	endif

;	End An Unwell Traveller if TR_m4_Wesencolm dies before the quest is complete.
elseif ( OnDeath == 1 )											;	When TR_m4_Wesencolm dies,
	SetJournalIndex, "TR_m4_Bd_Wesencolm", 15		;	Update the player's journal.

endif

end
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

file attached, I think its finished and its time for other peoples' eyes to see it

cells:

exterior: Bodrem (NPCs: Guard, Llaala Moryn)

i4-282: Bodrem, Trading Post (NPCs: Guard, Guard, Almse Ramaran, Tuls Varalaryn)
i4-283: Bodrem, Dalam Ramaran's House (NPCs: n/a)
i4-284: Bodrem, Hall (NPCs: Guard, Dalam Ramaran, Golvyn Saryon, Seryn Lloth, Talis Varalaryn, Taviah Uvel)
i4-285: Bodrem Mine, Storage (NPCs: n/a)
i4-286: Bodrem, Ahanab Sendu's House (NPCs: n/a)
i4-287: Bodrem, Treram Varalaryn's House (NPCs: Treram Varlaryn)
i4-288: Bodrem, Fendel Moryn's House (NPCs: Fendel Moryn)
i4-289: Bodrem, Ulms Uvel's Shack (NPCs: Ulms Uvel)
i4-290: Bodrem Mine (NPCs: Guard, Guard, Ahanab Sendu, Jiubbaes Berendas, Nuumu Lloth)

i4-298:
Ashun-Idantus Abandonded Egg Mine
Ashun-Idantus Abandonded Egg Mine, Dwelling

i4-300: Zitri Egg Mine (NPCs: Breram Uvayn, Lazghob gro-Ghob)

i4-304: Yansurashmi
Attachments
Clean TR_Map4v.990.rar
(10.2 MiB) Downloaded 208 times
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

comments,

- all NPCs have 0 Alarm. Most should have 100 (will report crime and attack you) or 90 (will just attack you), though some shack dwellers in vanilla have 0,

- TR_m4_Almse_Ramaran
TR_m4_Dalam_Ramaran
reference themselves on 'someone in particular' , you can exclude them from the entries using conditions ID !=

crate_02_rawglass Bodrem Mine 8062 4614 418 "lots of unguarded glass"

TR_m4_Golvyn_Saryon "shouldn't Barter since he only has the book upstairs to sell. I'm guessing he wasn't supposed to offer Spellmaking either. (he also trains spells)"

- I noticed most entries have variants in relevant locations, but the Wesencolm rumor (with 'He's staying at the hall.') is also available in the hall

- Wesencolm's: "Don't tell me you believe the native superstitions. The only cures for disease in this world are those concocted by alchemical science."
sounds way off from an EEC dude in a world where magic is if only for gameplay reasons commonplace. He'd have to be a complete lunatic for this particular reason to work, why not just have him reject the priest's help on grounds of his religion?

- either way he should probably react in some way if the PC directly cures his disease by spell
(one example of doing that is script BILL_TT_Lette)

- the "amulet of verbosity" is a Tribunal quest reward, placeholder?

not related to NPCs:

in_redoran_ladder_01 Bodrem, Trading Post 5440 4224 14986 "there's no corresponding trapdoor in the exterior"
crate_02_rawglass Bodrem Mine, Storage -847 -30 38 "there's around 150 raw glass in this (locked, but empty) cell. nerf?"
TR_furn_ladder_02 Bodrem Mine 4838 5608 727 "can't climb on that"
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

-Alarm reset (my bad)
-Added an NPC (Ano Moryn), a miner standing near the glass that was unguarded.
-Golvyn Saryon neither barters or spellcrafts now.
-Added a guard NPC to the Storage cell.
-Added Dalam & Almse's someone in particular dialog, that was an oversight.
-Added a local variant of the rumor for the Hall
-The trapdoor on the trading post did exist, but I moved the tower because it was bleeding with the walking path and accidentally didn't select the trapdoor. Fixed.

No upload yet because I'm going to work on this quest more to give the player more options for solving it. I think the amulet of verbosity is a fine reward for it.

The exterior of Bodrem will need some tender work fixing a lot of collision issues on its very strange path.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Sload, could you please post your current version and hand it over to us for one day for fixing exterior bugs? This is for the alpha. Quests don't need to be finished or playable (as long as they don't bombard the player with error messages when he is entering a cell or something). Thanks a lot!
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Wesencolm's dialogue line which cures him is broken:
*SCVR: Index:1 Type:(Item) Function:(Item_Type) Comparison:(=) Name:p_cure_common_s
INTV: Compare_Value:1
This should test for >= 1, not for == 1. You might also want a drinking-sound (sorry I don't remember the right command) in the resultbox of this line.

The "cure for my disease" topic should not yield the old "I am Wesencolm [...]" response after he is cured, because that response explicitly references him being ill.

It's probably best to give NPC TR_m4_Wesencolm some actual diseases (in his spell tab).

TR_m4_Tuls_Varalaryn00000000 Bodrem, Trading Post 4199 3915 14722 "he should have some wares (potions, everyday weapons etc) in negative amounts, else i can buy his inv empty"

TR_m4_Talis_Varalaryn00000000 Bodrem, Hall 5146 4696 14210 "should have not just comberyy respawning"

TR_m4_Wesencolm00000000 Bodrem, Hall 4973 4376 14466 "greeting: traveller should be traveler"

TR_bk_TravelIll2_PY Bodrem, Hall 5305 4492 14534 "please update this and other deprecated books"
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I promise to deal with this file sometime this week!
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

The "I am Wesencolm" response to topic "Services" is missing its ID condition, hence appears all over the land. Maybe some other reponses have a similar bug. EDIT: Yes, a "Hello. What brings you to Bodrem, outlander?" has a similar issue.

Sload, if you prefer me to deal with the bugs, let me know (and give me the newest file). Then I can also cut out all the irrelevant land so that the file will be smaller and take less time to load.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Hey Sload, can you let us know what the status of this claim is?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

going to actually work the kinks out sometime before the end of the month. got it open in the CS right meow.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

arvisrend wrote:TR_m4_Tuls_Varalaryn00000000 Bodrem, Trading Post 4199 3915 14722 "he should have some wares (potions, everyday weapons etc) in negative amounts, else i can buy his inv empty"

TR_m4_Talis_Varalaryn00000000 Bodrem, Hall 5146 4696 14210 "should have not just comberyy respawning"

TR_m4_Wesencolm00000000 Bodrem, Hall 4973 4376 14466 "greeting: traveller should be traveler"

TR_bk_TravelIll2_PY Bodrem, Hall 5305 4492 14534 "please update this and other deprecated books"
arvisrend wrote:Yes, a "Hello. What brings you to Bodrem, outlander?" has a similar issue.
fixed these, will work on the quest now and once thats working i'll upload and pass off?
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

If that is what you want to do, I'm fine with it.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Attached is the most recent version of the file. The Wesencolm quest is still totally non-functional but the rest of Bodrem should be NPC-done.
Attachments
Clean TR_Map4v.990.rar
(10.21 MiB) Downloaded 193 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Attached is a cleaned version with various changes:
- All unrelated map 4 territory has been removed, whence the small size. The few unnamed ints that have been kept are 4-3 ints outside of Bodrem; it might be a good idea to keep all of 4-3 together in one file even if you are only working on Bodrem.
- The ebony crates in the Bodrem ext are now owned, and so are the locked house doors (otherwise it's not a crime to break them open).
- The trader now restocks on repair hammers and steel arrows.
- There is no longer a pole in front of the trading post entrance (this was a surprisingly simple search/replace).
- A few (but far from all) ext bugs in Bodrem (including a land gap, whatever caused that one) are fixed. More remain, particularly along the claim borders (these aren't really fixable until merge).

Suggestions:
- Septim's gate is nearby. Dialogue (particularly but not necessarily low dispo) might bring up the question of whether one has lost one's way.
- The publican can offer beds only once Wesencolm has been gotten rid of, because of hygiene and whatever. If %PCName is Redoran, the bed is free.
- Ask the merchant about a cure for Wesencolm and he'll tell you the way to Kartur and even throw in some gold (not much! the potion is just 20 gold), so much he wants to get rid of that idiot.
Attachments
TR_4-3_NPC.7z
(249.09 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

More ext issues fixed hopefully without introducing too many new ones. Sload, here's your file back.
Attachments
TR_4-3_NPC.7z
(249.04 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

This will be dealt with in the proper section, moving to finished.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates