Tamriel Rebuilt info on the UESP wiki

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Jeancey

Tamriel Rebuilt info on the UESP wiki

Post by Jeancey »

Hey! I'm here on behalf of all of us over at the UESP Wiki. Tamriel Rebuilt has a whole namespace on the wiki that is, sadly, quite bare. While much of the information for Map 1 and part of the information for Map 2 was added, only the bare bones was ever added for Map 3. Given that you guys are still very active and are likely to release new maps in the future, and because we are all very busy with Skyrim and its DLC's (as well as the upcoming TESO), we feel that it is unlikely for us to be able to devote the amount of time require to add all the information about Tamriel Rebuilt. Personally, I recently started playing TR, and I love it, and I hate seeing it as it currently is.

To this end, I proposed a solution that all of us at UESP found a good compromise. Who better to add information about Tamriel Rebuilt than its creators! Would you guys be willing to fill out all of the places, (important) NPCs, quests, factions, etc over at UESP? That way, the wiki gets all the information, and you guys can point to it when people have questions, providing anyone who plays with a valuable resource.

If you guys have any questions, comments, concerns feel free to ask! As I said, I absolutely love TR and I would hate for it to stay as it is on the wiki! Thanks in advance!

-Jeancey
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Sounds good. I myself started doing that back when we first released SE, but the coding/formatting of the website was what confused me. However, I've finally started to get the hang of that sort of thing and would love to help out whenever I have the time.

The problem is, I don't have the time I'd like to update uesp, but if and when I do have spare time, I for one, would be willing to help update the site with our new stuff.
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Jeancey

Post by Jeancey »

That's great! If anyone ever has questions about wiki formatting or syntax, you can always ask in our IRC channel #UESPWiki :)
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

I just went on the wiki and added a couple of extra bits, primarily adding an entry for the velk and its associated ingredient drop. I might add some more stuff later on :)
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

That sounds pretty good!

By any chance Is there a map that could be uploaded for Sacred East?

I couldn't see one on there & I've forgotten where everything is :|
Dexter (on IAS): "Since when do you need to be able to do backflips to dig holes?" Fri 29 Jul, 2005 3:57:03
Sload (on Narsis): "Jesus Christ, I wonder why there was lag when you had an 80,000 face gazebo." Thu 09 Apr, 2009 11:46:33
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

There's a transport map on the transport (of course!) page which has been updated for Sacred East. It shows all the fast-travel links. Not sure how I'd go about making a more location-complete map, however D:
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

I would like to help add stuff to UESP, but I don't really have time to do a lot.
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
tkl7

Post by tkl7 »

Cathartis wrote:There's a transport map on the transport (of course!) page which has been updated for Sacred East. It shows all the fast-travel links. Not sure how I'd go about making a more location-complete map, however D:
It really needs a map like the one they have for vanilla. I think it is based off google maps?.
Jeancey

Post by Jeancey »

:) Hey! A few things that I would just like to mention. Because of the way that the Tamriel rebuilt namespace is set up, by default it will sort in categories under T for Tamriel :) In order to get around this, all pages have to have a DEFAULTSORT tag added to the top. So if you guys make a new page make sure to include {{DEFAULTSORT:(actual page name here)}} at the top! I'm going to continue to go through all of the current pages and try to spruce them up, hopefully I'll be able to help you guys add information as well.
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Jeancey wrote::) Hey! A few things that I would just like to mention. Because of the way that the Tamriel rebuilt namespace is set up, by default it will sort in categories under T for Tamriel :) In order to get around this, all pages have to have a DEFAULTSORT tag added to the top. So if you guys make a new page make sure to include {{DEFAULTSORT:(actual page name here)}} at the top! I'm going to continue to go through all of the current pages and try to spruce them up, hopefully I'll be able to help you guys add information as well.
Sounds like you and I will be talking on IRC quite a bit, pretty soon (:
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Jeancey

Post by Jeancey »

:) That's fine by me. I'm almost always in the UESPWiki channel, or you can just pm me. I'm registered in IRC as Jeancey, so you should only be getting me :)