Author
Message Post new topic Reply to topic
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

Moved from quests to exteriors because we like to keep everything in one place. Original discussion: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23854
Quote:
Relatively small NPC claim for Indal'Ruhn, and [mostly] wilderness.

Indal'Ruhn is a small, Hlaalu fishing village in the Thirr River Valley Region. There isn't much written
about it, so feel free to work [almost] whatever creative magic you want on it.

Because this claim is done in a format akin to our pre-Map 4 NPC claims, there is no need to load this up along side Map 4. Only the relevant cells, interior and exterior, are included in the file. Also because of this, you will need to remember to clean out your esp before finishing.

The file to work off can be found here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/b3f0sj94t5fp1xb/TR_4-26-NPC.7z

Wilderness:
226 – Ancestral Tomb

Indal'Ruhn: [2,-28]
228 – Indal'Ruhn – Fisherman's shack
229 – Indal'Ruhn – Hunter's shack. Could offer some low-mid training in huntery skills.
230 – Indal'Ruhn - House with a single resident
231 – Indal'Ruhn – Shack
232 – Indal'Ruhn – General Trader
233 – Indal'Ruhn – Home of the local noble. Optional name is Romalen Manor.
234 – Indal'Ruhn – Shack. Dunmer carpenter sort of thing.
235 – Indal'Ruhn – Shack
236 – Indal'Ruhn – Shack. Fisherman.
237 – Indal'Ruhn – Shack. Fisherman.

General NPC claim notes:

- Unless otherwise stated, interior naming is up to the claimant.
- When placing creatures, please refer to the two following links:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/83265276/map4-diff.png & http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=310654
- Remember that the dialogue you write here does not need to be flashy or unique with every NPC. It's fine to not have a specific background entry for every NPC, or not have twenty different latest rumor entries, and so on. We just want generic dialogue and a few quest hooks (Where appropriate). Please refer to the following thread by Why to get a general idea of what we're looking for.
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23303
-Keeping in line with Bethesda, American English at all times. Rumor, not rumour. Color, not colour.

TR_q4-2-Mis_Yeti_1.esp
 Description:
Yeti's latest uploaded WIP file

Download
 Filename:  TR_q4-2-Mis_Yeti_1.esp
 Filesize:  810.75 KB
 Downloaded:  85 Time(s)

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:59 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

Got an update for us, Yeti?
Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:08 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Not at the moment (I'm doing some work on Almas Thirr at the moment; trying to finish placing all its npcs), but I can have an updated file up today or tomorrow.
Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:04 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

Knowing it's still on your mind is enough for me, Almas Thirr is higher priority Smile
Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:57 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Seeing how I'm way past the one month update on this, I just wanted to post here to let everyone know that I am currently working edging this claim closer to completion. All in all, I think I should be done with this in a week or two. I've placed all the wilderness creatures and have most of the dialogue typed out in a word document. I just need to edit it a little for style and grammar before putting it in game.

By the way, is there supposed to be an interior for the Dwemer ruin in the south of Indal'Ruhn? There isn't one in the file and Why doesn't mention there being a Dwemer dungeon in his summary post.

Post Fri May 03, 2013 6:14 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

We might have overlooked it, I can't find it in the claim browser either.
Post Fri May 03, 2013 11:56 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Here's my update. All the dialogue has been added, along with wilderness creatures. The only things left to deal with is checking for errors and the matter of the Dwemer ruin without an interior. Either someone can set up a new claim for it, or I could simply block the entrance with debris.

TR_4-26-NPC.esp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TR_4-26-NPC.esp
 Filesize:  831.12 KB
 Downloaded:  79 Time(s)

Post Sun May 05, 2013 6:33 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Actually, never mind what I said. With this file, everything should be finished here. I reviewed my dialogue, fixed some formatting errors concerning Random greetings and rumors and took care of some floating grass I found while testing.

I also sunk the entrance to that Dwemer ruin into the ground, to make it look like it was covered up with sediment from the river over the years. Not all Dwemer ruins are accessible after thousands of years and it makes sense that access to this one would be blocked off considering the location. Our interior modders also have enough on their plates making Almalexia interiors and Dwemer ints always seem to take forever for people to finish.

Also, even though this file name says clean, it's probably far from it. Tesame brought up a bunch textures marked as modified and I didn't know if these should be cleaned.

Now to get to work making some progress on Almas Thirr! I've been sitting on that claim for far too long. Smile

Clean TR_4-26-NPC.esp
 Description:
Yeti's final file.

Download
 Filename:  Clean TR_4-26-NPC.esp
 Filesize:  828.3 KB
 Downloaded:  80 Time(s)

Post Mon May 20, 2013 8:59 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Actually, as per my above post, you can move this back to reviewing.

I'm not sure who ninja'd who in this situation, but I've always wanted to use this image:

Post Mon May 20, 2013 9:04 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Unused item deleted, and more dialogue fixed. Approving!

TR_4-26-Hla NPC Final.esp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TR_4-26-Hla NPC Final.esp
 Filesize:  828.6 KB
 Downloaded:  79 Time(s)

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Post Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:26 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
arvisrend
Lead Developer
04 Oct 2010

This thread is now obsolete. Please work on the merged version in http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=319105#319105 .
Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:07 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group