Hey folks

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Tyrant
Developer

Hey folks

Post by Tyrant »

Just wanna say I haven't forgotten about this! My PC shit the bed awhile ago, and haven't gotten around to replacing it yet. Too busy with work lately anyways to really contribute, regardless. (Actually over the last two months I've used my limited free time to crush the Mass Effect series... So fucking good!)

Anyways, in the indefinite future I'll get my shit together and contribute some more. Particularly I want to get more involved in questing than before.

Get this quest idea: You could just go work on a farm for a few days. Mundane tasks, picking crops, milking(whatever gets milked in MW), bang the farmers daughter etc... Relatively easy to script, and cool world immersion. Everybody wins.

Anyways, hope to see you guys soon.
Mourn for us oppressed in fear
Chained and shackled, we are bound
Freedom choked in dread we live
Since Tyrant was enthroned
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Re: Hey folks

Post by Nemon »

Tyrant wrote: (Actually over the last two months I've used my limited free time to crush the Mass Effect series... So fucking good!)
Haha, just did this myself this spring. With all DlC's, fov fixers and the brilliant Mass Effect Happy Ending Mod downloaded I clocked approximately 110 hours playing the entire trilogy.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Tyrant
Developer

M

Post by Tyrant »

Likewise! Except Fuck DLC's I say. DLC mafia assholes. I can't support that crap.

And call me crazy. I actually liked the ending! :D
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

It's that game where the three endings only differ by the color of the explosion, right?
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

But the DLCs offer a ton of fun stuff, new quests and especially that Citadel one is the best Mass Effect service offered ever. It's over the top, has a ton of fun references and even ends with a fucking party. Silly? Yes. The most fun with ME ever offered? Hell yes!
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Also on a personal-taste note it totally redeems everything that was crappy about the Thane romance in the ME3 original cut, too. Genuine tears over here.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Gez wrote:It's that game where the three endings only differ by the color of the explosion, right?
Me and a friend of mine discussed this quite a bit after I finished them recently.

SPOILER ALERT

The 4 endings (you can reject the 3 choices and die on your own terms) are drastically different from each other and have wildly different outcomes, regardless of the fact that they all use part of the same cut scene.

Oh well, I liked it. I thought they closed the series masterfully! Easily one of the best franchises ever.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

Nemon wrote:
Tyrant wrote: (Actually over the last two months I've used my limited free time to crush the Mass Effect series... So fucking good!)
Haha, just did this myself this spring. With all DlC's, fov fixers and the brilliant Mass Effect Happy Ending Mod downloaded I clocked approximately 110 hours playing the entire trilogy.
Only? :P

I think I have about 900 hours of ME3 MP, along with about 500 hours of playing the series itself.
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Waat, imagine all the claims you could have done :p .
It needs to be said, this final playthrough marathon left my Mass Effect count like this:

ME1 : Third finish (historically around 80 hours or so)
ME2 : Third finish (historically around 110 hours or so)
ME3 : Second finish (historically around 85 hours or so)

I haven't tried that many different choices (paragon/renegade or love interests) - due to time limitations with family, work and all. Haven't tried multiplayer, though.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Nemon wrote:the brilliant Mass Effect Happy Ending Mod
...exactly what kind of happy ending are we talking about here?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Haplo wrote:
Nemon wrote:the brilliant Mass Effect Happy Ending Mod
...exactly what kind of happy ending are we talking about here?
Well. Nothing that would be your normal submission to r/masserrect, but rather an ending in line with the possible endings for I and II. Stuff blows up, lots of people die but my Shepard is still standing strong, ready to bonk Liara. The mod removes a few cutscenes, actually ALL of the stupid deus ex machina retardness that is the star child, and replaces it with a few selected things in order to tell a slightly different outcome.