Sacred East version 1.5 released!

The news of the front page, global announcements, and any discussion of said announcements or news articles.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

Sacred East version 1.5 released!

Post by Haplo »

Sacred East 1.5 is out!

Download links available [url=http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1452358-relz-tamriel-rebuilt-sacred-east-15-5/]HERE[/url]

This has been a huge effort over the past many months to bring an update with numerous bug-fixes and additions to you all. The first post of the thread has been updated to include new information and new download links for Sacred East 1.5! Included in 1.5 are the following:

New in this release:

New lands: This update extends the landmass to the south! The extension is not as large as a new release, but it covers three settlements (Bosmora, Enamor Dayn and Gorne) and various places of interest. The new lands are to be found south of Seitur.

New quests: You can now run four errands for the Guild of Mages in Akamora (Francine Aldard's quests are not finished yet), and three or four (depending on how you count) for the East Empire Company in Helnim's town hall. In Bosmora (which has seen some of the most complex questwriting in Tamriel Rebuilt's history), you can make yourself useful to both a shady dealer and the captain of the guard.

New books: A lot of the older, sub-par literature of Tamriel Rebuilt has been superseded by new books, among which many are written for and unique to Tamriel Rebuilt.

Improvements: Bugs have been fixed all over the map--everything from floating rocks to broken quests. The surroundings of Tel Muthada and the Veralan Farm received a facelift in particular, and some other parts of the landscape have seen some detailing too. Bugs do persist, however, and we welcome all bug reports as usual!

Enjoy this release, and remember to always clean your saves!

- TR Team
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
dagon123

Post by dagon123 »

just just so i can remember how should i clean my save with Mash what should i do.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I'm thinking there is probably a readme included with the download of Wrye Mash that can explain it much better than I can; I've never used Wrye Mash.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Yay, releases! :D
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
dagon123

Post by dagon123 »

then how do you clean your save when you update
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

dagon123 wrote:then how do you clean your save when you update
the safer way is to learn and use Mash updaters (see mash documentation) and a Repair All on your save.

Mash updaters are not only useful for updating saves, but also for updating mods depending on TR_Mainland.esm (details [url=http://abitoftaste.altervista.org/morrowind/index.php?option=content&Itemid=10&task=viewpost&id=79&-Morrowind-modding-for-smarties-part-8-when-masters-change]here[/url], examples are made with TR_Mainland.esp development version so updating for official TR_Mainland.esm is a little simpler as you can skip the .esp->.esm conversion)

If you don't want to invest your time learning how to use Mash updaters, a Repair All on your save is still suggested
dagon123

Post by dagon123 »

well Mash wont let me repair all because it says the master list is outdated should i let Mash edit and update the master list
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

Try Sync to Load List before Repair All
Details in Mash help [url=http://wryemusings.com/Wrye%20Mash.html#ModUpdating]guidelines[/url]
dagon123

Post by dagon123 »

can i ask why the the new land doesnt appear on my map
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Have you installed Morrowind Code Patch? It fixes numerous problems with the game itself, and has a fix designed entirely with this mod (TR) in mind; it extends the size of the viewable map by zooming out, effectively.

dagon123

Post by dagon123 »

yes i do have it installed i also have MGE too to for the long distant terrain iv'e had them both installed for a long time do i have to update the map on on my Save in Mash.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

No, the map should show the new lands whenever you load the plugins

dagon123

Post by dagon123 »

well i had sacred east installed when it was first released and I updated it every time you guy release a new version. and when you release the latest version it added a little bit of more land that little bit doesn't show up on my map. and from what people are doing is updating the map on Mash but that gives me a real annoying problem that i wont get used it it does add the little bit of land this it is sopposed to but also adds blue grid lines all across the map. is there any way of fixing it so the blue lines go away and fix the map. becasue i dont want to be stuck with this and i don't want to start a new game and i don't want to have a map that some of the land is not on the map. i don't care if i have to find all the locations on my map again.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I don't use Wrye Mash so I don't know the possibilities or the troubleshooting avenues. It should be pointed out that the 1.5 release of Sacred East didn't add as much land as most land-adding releases; it only added a decently-sized rectangle of land to the southeastern corner of the map.

dagon123

Post by dagon123 »

yea but someone on this site has to know how to fix the map bug or has to at least know of another way to fix the map grid bug without starting a new game
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

dagon123 wrote:yea but someone on this site has to know how to fix the map bug or has to at least know of another way to fix the map grid bug without starting a new game
That's not necessarily true; it's highly possible that this bug is not fixable, or that no one on this site knows how to fix it if it is.

dagon123

Post by dagon123 »

then i will see if anyone in the Beth forms know
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Mash's fix map feature is bugged I think. You can delete the map data manually from your save file using a program called Enchanted Editor. This will force the game to redraw the map, but you will lose all data on it (such as marked locations you've discovered, and uncovered map tiles). But it's the only solution at the moment.

To do this, download [url=http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=other.detail&id=52]Morrowind Enchanted Editor[/url]. Then use the program to open your save file, which is located in your Morrowind\Saves folder. It should be something like [whatever your save name is]0000.ess.

On the left pane there should be a bunch of crazy things, scroll down and find "Player Map". Check the box and on the right, there should be a "Delete Marked" button. Delete it, and save a copy. (Leave the original as a backup, I have no guarantee this will work).

Then reload your new save, that might help.

Hopefully that solves the problem, though again you'll lose all your map data.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
dagon123

Post by dagon123 »

thank i knew someone would know how to fix it
Numenorean

Post by Numenorean »

Thx for the hint to fix the map with MW Enchanted Editor, and compliment for the book overhaul in 1.5. You removed the worst texts and replaced them with some gems of TES literature (by TR, MK and others), which are always a pleasure to read. :)
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Glad you liked the change; sorry for not announcing it earlier before you guys started. I guess it won't surprise you if I point out that we are not done yet, and various other books will be substituted once we've got stuff to replace them by (TR_bk_SevenPennants, TR_bk_HandbookDevout, TR_bk_ArkhonLim_NP, TR_bk_Redemption*, ...).