Error message after updating to Sacred East 1.5

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

faCe

Error message after updating to Sacred East 1.5

Post by faCe »

Hi,

I've just updatet my TR to 1.5. When I started Morrowind afterwards a strange error message has popped up.

I hope I didn't mess up my installation. I just dragged the new 1.5 files into 'Data Files' to replace the old ones.

I'll attach a screenshot.

[url=http://www.bild.me][img]http://s1.bild.me/bilder/260513/6668514Morrowind_2013-08-28_11-21-08-938.jpg[/img][/url]

Cheers,

faCe
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: Error message after updating to Sacred East 1.5

Post by arvisrend »

Welcome to the forum!

The region name is misspelled in that image; we don't ever misspell it like that in our files. So I think this is caused by some mod.

Possibly related but not the same issue: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23996
faCe

Post by faCe »

Thanks for the reply.

Well, unlike the other I am able to load my save. But I'm afraid something might be broken in my save.

Is there a way to check it?

I'll try the esp from the other topic now, maybe it helps.

Oh, and here's a list of all my bsa's, esm's and esp's.
Most of the stuff is actually official and everything worked fine until I installed 1.5.

[url=http://www.bild.me][img]http://s1.bild.me/bilder/260513/7931574bandicam_2013-08-28_15-31-16-291.jpg[/img][/url]

Cheers,

faCe
faCe

Post by faCe »

I looked further into the problem:

I've gone to the mainland and noticed that every NPC and every door is there twice.

Oh, and I forgot to mention it:

The error message you on the first screenshot is followed by two more messages, one telling me it was unable to find "Western Hills" and the other one telling me the same thing about "Inner Sea .. Map 2"...

What should I do?
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Are you running map1 or 2 alonng with Sacred East?
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Kaz
Developer

Post by Kaz »

faCe wrote:I looked further into the problem:

I've gone to the mainland and noticed that every NPC and every door is there twice.

The error message you on the first screenshot is followed by two more messages, one telling me it was unable to find "Western Hills" and the other one telling me the same thing about "Inner Sea .. Map 2"...

What should I do?
Okay, so this is doubling, and as far as I know can happen if you change your mod load order (which can happen with an update like this, since Morrowind loads files in order of their edit date). Are you using Wrye Mash? You can use that to lock mod load order so it doesn't happen again and repair your save to get rid of everything showing up double. Disclaimer, I am not very well-versed in this stuff but I had similar problems re: doubling NPCs when I tried updating to the new TR with an old save and using Wrye Mash solved it.

That said - I don't think this is a Tamriel Rebuilt problem, this is a general issue that can arise if you edit what mods you're using during a game. In all honesty, you might have more luck asking on the official forums.
faCe

Post by faCe »

Lud wrote:Are you running map1 or 2 alonng with Sacred East?
No, I have only Sacred East installed.
faCe

Post by faCe »

Kaz wrote:
faCe wrote:I looked further into the problem:

What should I do?
Okay, so this is doubling, and as far as I know can happen if you change your mod load order (which can happen with an update like this, since Morrowind loads files in order of their edit date). Are you using Wrye Mash? You can use that to lock mod load order so it doesn't happen again and repair your save to get rid of everything showing up double. Disclaimer, I am not very well-versed in this stuff but I had similar problems re: doubling NPCs when I tried updating to the new TR with an old save and using Wrye Mash solved it.

That said - I don't think this is a Tamriel Rebuilt problem, this is a general issue that can arise if you edit what mods you're using during a game. In all honesty, you might have more luck asking on the official forums.
You mean the Bethesda forum, don't you?
I guess I'll the guys there if I can't figure out myself, how to use Wrye Mash.

Thanks for all the help, guys! :)

(Please don't mark it as [SOLVED] yet. I will report back when my problem is solved.)
faCe

SOLVED!

Post by faCe »

Okay, I've been able to fix my problem with Wrye Mash. I simply repaired my save.

Thanks to you all! :)

Cheers,

faCe