i5-57-Red

The interior claims in this forum are currently in the review process.

Moderators: Seneca37, Andres Indoril, Lead Developers

Aeven
Lead Developer

i5-57-Red

Post by Aeven »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i5-57-Red (#2637)
Faction: Redoran
Parent claim: TR_5-13-Red (#180)
Claimed by: Wulf
Local map: Rift Pass 1
Files: TR_i5-57-Red_Wulf_1.esp; TR_i5-57-Red_Wulf_2.esp; TR_i5-57-Red_alex25_1.esp

---

Rift Pass [-31, 4] #1 See local map. Rift Pass border fort. This is the military part, staffed by House Redoran, and overseen by an Imperial supervisor.

Rift Pass is the point where Veloth is said to have entered Resdayn (modern Morrowind), and as such is also a pilgrimage site. (While this will be reflected, it will not be in this specific claim.)

Just to be clear: this is not the pilgrimage site.
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Claiming. Will house a rather large Redoran garrison together with a small number of imperial troops.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Have fun!
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Any progress made on this claim?
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

I'll have a major update ready next week.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

How's progress on this claim?
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Any progress to report?
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

seneca37 wrote:Any progress to report?
Wow. I don't know how I missed this.

Uploaded an early clean file just to show progress.

I'll put a much more advanced version later today when I have time to clean it.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Any progress to report?

_1 looks pretty good. There are a fixes I'd like you to make.

1) The front door should be in the right corner of the building.

2) The 2nd half of the building is at a 30 degree angle from the first half. See if you can accommodate that. Also the strong hold is tapered. The floors are smaller as you go up, see if you can incorporate that into the design as well.

3) To make it a bit smaller, you could eliminate the first 2 floors of the 2nd part of the building. They are not shown, and could be occupied by the other buildings.

4) I'm sure you haven't looked at it yet, but the north marker needs to be fixed.
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

1) Done

2) This is what I'm struggling with right now. I want to show this in at least one of the levels but I haven't found a way of making it look right yet.

3) I'll look into it.

4) I usually leave the North Marker tweaks for last.

This is progressing quite nicely- I just have to finish some of the tricky bits like the 30 degree angle and it'll be done.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Any progress to report?
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Any progress to report?
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Due to inactivity
Wulf
Developer

Post by Wulf »

Hello. I'd like to give this claim a try and believe I can make a good go of it. I'm freshly promoted and have just had my showcase approved so apologies if I haven't gone about claiming this the right way. I'd like to start by making the changes suggested by seneca37 above. Looking forward to getting started. :)
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Good to have you on board, Wulf! Make sure to press the 'claim' button in the top left corner. :)
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Isn't the status of Rift Pass currently up in the air? Perhaps Gnomey should chime in on what to do with this claim?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

I think, from what I understood, the interiors are to continue to be worked on and re-appropriated into another exterior if the pass is removed. I would like confirmation on this though, there does seem to be confusion and disagreements over Rift Pass so a decisive plan might help.

Grants on the claim Wulf, I'm working on the other interior left for Rift Pass. I'll try to keep it updated more frequently so you can have a better understanding of what I'm doing in case that helps with the tone and theme of your claim. Right now i5-60 (door #4 on the local map) is going to be four small cells occupied by a tavern/barn and storage/tradeoffice*(the trade office is more of an idea atm, if you want to handle that in i5-57 that's fine). Seeing as how Rift Pass was built to be a fort, I'd like to see if we can possible connect your interior to mine for strategic purposes (I don't like the idea of all four doors on the north side leading to dead ends, connecting the interiors of door #1 and #4 might help this) This is just an idea though so feel free to add your own ideas. We might want to hold off on the planning until we know more about the plan for Rift Pass. Regardless, have fun with the claim!
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

At this point, I'd say we should just go ahead with the Rift Pass claims and finish them. Good work has been done on them, so I think they should be used one way or another.
Wulf
Developer

Post by Wulf »

Thanks for introducing yourself and sharing some of your ideas Miraclestone. Found them really useful! I will post up some plans soon. And thanks to everyone who commented. Glad Rift Pass is still going ahead. I've been thinking about it over the last couple of days. I'm putting this down to first claim excitement. :)
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Granted. Good luck on this, Wulf.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I let progress reporting lapse during the summer.
Just checking that you're still planning on finishing this.
Wulf
Developer

Post by Wulf »

Hello. Yes I am. It took a bit of time to get myself used to the strong tile-set which I haven't used before. I've have the layout and lighting done. I've implemented the changes asked for by Seneca37 above - the angled second part of the building, the tapered levels and smaller size. I've taken small elements from i5-58, 59, 60 to create something of a unifying theme and tone between the Rift Pass interiors. However I've kept with strong rather than stronghold interior pieces as the exterior suggests the fort is a sturdier structure and made entirely of stone.

Miraclestone asked for the interiors to be linked. At the back right of the building on the third level I put a door with this in mind. Although I think a linking cell will be required - which I would be happy to do. I am having difficulty orientating myself in the i5-60 storage as there is no Northmarker and the door at the back appears to be heading away from rather than towards the fort.

Any feedback would be welcome. :)
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

Me and Seneca discussed it and it might be best if we do not unify simply to avoid any nightmare situations that could occur with trying to make a collaborated effort outside of the normal planning process. I did come up with a way we could still have it thematically be the same without having to worry about lining up our cells; simply have the north-west part of your interior include some caved in sections/passages leading towards mine and I will have the same on my South-East part. Let me know what you think (seneca too if he happens upon this) with this new approach. Also here's a mashed up plugin I made to see how the north side of the fort fits together, maybe it will help you out.

PS Sorry about the lack of north marker, I'll add one to my claim right away.
Attachments
TR_Riftpass_Interiorfitting.ESP
(58.84 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Any progress to report?

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Wulf
Developer

Post by Wulf »

RyanS - I've made some hefty changes to the layout based on the Riftpass Interiorfitting Plug-in dev Miraclestone shared but nothing to upload just yet.

Miraclestone - Thanks for the help. I'm finding the Interiorfitting Plugin you created really useful. :)
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

I made an second version of the plugin with my new interior adding on. It shouldn't change much with your side because its on top of what I already did so unless you planning on occupying that space it should be fine. If you are occupying this space that's OK too, I'm not too attached to what I made in the new interior and am willing to modify or scrap what I have to make it work.

I'd really like to see what you have so far though so upload that if you have a chance!
Attachments
TR_Riftpass_Interiorfitting2.ESP
(70.83 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Wulf
Developer

Post by Wulf »

Hey Miraclestone. I've added the military part of the fort that I'm working on to the Riftpass Interiorfitting Plug-in. I made changes to the layout to better fit the space and fix some clipping with the other interiors. Also some of the old layout rested above the store when fitted together and it just felt weird having such a large stone structure resting on a structure supported by wooden beams so I removed it.

I've added a proposed linking passage to the plug-in but it probably won't pass the first boulder in my interior. I put it there just for planning so any future changes you make to your interior won't impact mine and vice-visa.

Thanks again for making the plug-in and if you or anyone else has any input or suggestions I would like to hear them. I plan to start adding furniture and clutter to my interior this week and hopefully have an upload by the weekend. :)
Attachments
TR_Riftpass_Interiorfitting_3.ESP
(82.04 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

Thanks alot for the small update, this helps!

I really enjoy what you have so far, feels like the center piece of rift pass and looks alot like a large barracks should! I like the placement of your passage to mine, simply block it off with rubble and job done. We don't have to make it perfect, just put the idea in the player's head. There is a lower blocked off passage also leading towards your side in the plugin too but that one we can just leave more ambiguous (did it lead to a dead end? did it lead deeper into the mountain? It doesn't really matter).

Until I see more I can't recommend anything but not to worry too much about making the interiors fit perfectly, it just can't be obviously conflicting. Slight overlaps here and there isn't a huge deal especially when the player needs to go back outside to go to the other interiors.

I'm excited to see how the interior will evolve from here!
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Any progress to report?

Wulf
Developer

Post by Wulf »

I don't have anything to upload but I'm not far from doing so. I've done a fair bit of work on it recently.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Any progress to report?

Wulf
Developer

Post by Wulf »

Ryan S - Hello! That's me finished, baring any changes that need to be made. The fort contains a main hall - which has been turned into a small market and storage areas, supervisor's bedroom, an office, barracks, jail, mess hall with kitchen, and an apothecary.

Miraclestone - In the end I didn't go for a cave-in and simply sealed off the passage with wooden bars. It looks much neater and shouldn't impact on anything you're working on! I hope all go well with your claim! :)
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Never noticed this was finished. Moving to review.
Wulf
Developer

Post by Wulf »

Hey. If there are any changes to be made let me know! I have time to work on this and would like to see it through to the end. (But I don’t really know how the reviewing process works to be honest).

I haven't been back to this site in months and just so happened to look today and lo and behold someone had posted here. :)
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Wow, what a coincidence! Good to have you back around, Wulf.

I checked the interior once before I moved it to review, and I thought it looked pretty great. If there's anything that bugs you about it, though, I will happily give it back.