Parent: 5-13-Red
 Faction: House Redoran
 Files:
Name Size Last Modified
TR_i5-58-Red_Terrifying Daedric Foe_1.esp 3.7 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
TR_i5-58-Red_Terrifying Daedric Foe_2.esp 5.7 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
TR_i5-58-Red_EJRS_1.esp 19.4 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
Description
Rift Pass [-32, 4] #2 See local map. A supply store for travelers coming from Skyrim into Morrowind and vice versa. Use de_p. No weapons sold here.
Last Edited by Aeven
(Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:08 pm) Post
Send private message   Reply with quote      
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer
26 Aug 2010

Claim.

How far back/sideways/up/down does this interior extend? Also, I'm guessing the guy who runs this shop lives here as well?
Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:44 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Aeven
Lead Developer
17 Aug 2008

Granting.

It should probably extend to the right of the door, and at most 5-6 pieces to the back. Use the stronghold set, but remember this is an active shop.
Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:23 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer
26 Aug 2010

Sure thing.
Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:25 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer
26 Aug 2010

Could you quickly check the general layout is OK?

I figured this was originally a storeroom / armoury, so wasn't ideally suited to being turned into a shop. The guy who runs it has a living space behind the shelves, giving him a degree of privacy.

Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:57 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Aeven
Lead Developer
17 Aug 2008

Hey! This looks fine to me to build on. It's a tad too bright in my opinion though Smile
Post Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:47 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer
26 Aug 2010

Thanks. I increased the lighting settings a bit from the vanilla standard for Dunmer strongholds because I thought a shop wouldn't really work if you couldn't see the stuff you're buying. Smile I'll lower them down again.
Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:42 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Do you have an update for us, TDF?
Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:18 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer
26 Aug 2010

I will by the end of the week. It'll only be a small one though.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:16 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer
26 Aug 2010

Updated.
Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:19 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

It's almost that time of the month again. Got an update for us, TDF?
Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:19 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer
26 Aug 2010

No, and I'm not likely to work on this for a while.

Please revoke.

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:07 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Revoking as per modder's request.
Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:45 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
EJRS
Developer
14 Aug 2013

This looks like fun. Claim!

I'm thinking slightly cramped and sort of shoehorned into a space that was not originally designed for the purpose. Somewhat like the atmosphere of a cluttered old antiques-shop.

Travel- and adventuring-supplies aplenty. Some distinctly skyrim goods mixed in with some distinctly morrowind goods.
Post Sat May 10, 2014 9:56 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Rats
Lead Developer
03 Jul 2012

Grants. Have fun :)
Post Sat May 10, 2014 10:51 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
EJRS
Developer
14 Aug 2013

I've been sort of halfway resolved over the past few months to sort of leave the project, but since I'm still not entirely decided and obviously still lurking around, I figured I'd at least whip something quick up for this claim, in the spirit of not leaving any loose ends. Smile

So, here goes: finished!

TR_I5-58-EJRS.esp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TR_I5-58-EJRS.esp
 Filesize:  19.43 KB
 Downloaded:  55 Time(s)

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:42 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
EJRS
Developer
14 Aug 2013

Oh, and while making this, I took an ingame look at the connecting area, -32,4 and -31,4 (Rift Pass). Might i suggest rotating the "in_stronghold_lpill00":s of the colonnade to z:112 (with a bit of 202, 22 or 292 thrown in for randomisation) to put the flat side of the pillars towards the courtyard, then lower them to z:12347 to hide the lower part of the foundations, and lastly move the rows that face the courtyard a bit closer to the edge?

This mainly serves the purpose of providing some much needed accessibility by clearing up some space along the walkways, but also I think it makes the building look a lot more solid and a bit less cobbled. Also, the lowering of the pillars gives a feeling of weight from the top, which I find really makes for a better and more becoming overall composition.

I must say, I really like the basic design and layout of the place.

I've included a file with a quick edit of these two cells to show what I mean, the above description looks a bit confusing.

TR_5-13-EJRS Rift Pass Edit.esp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TR_5-13-EJRS Rift Pass Edit.esp
 Filesize:  149.65 KB
 Downloaded:  70 Time(s)

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:41 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014

off to review - Hope you stay, your work is quite exceptional.
Post Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:08 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group