i4-482-Red

The interior claims in this forum are currently in the review process.

Moderators: Seneca37, Andres Indoril, Lead Developers

Aeven
Lead Developer

i4-482-Red

Post by Aeven »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i4-482-Red (#2681)
Faction: Redoran
Parent claim: TR_4-36-Red (#246)
Claimed by: Miraclestone
Local map: 4-36 Village
Files: TR_i4-482-Red_Miraclestone_1.esp; TR_i4-482-Red_Miraclestone_2.esp; TR_i4-482-Red_Miraclestone_3.esp; TR_i4-482-Red_sasquatch_1.esp; TR_i4-482-Red_sasquatch_2.esp; TR_i4-482-Red_sasquatch_3.esp; TR_i4-482-Red_sasquatch_4.esp

---

(-13, -10) Watchtower. See #1 Local map.
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

Will house two guards. Lighting will match the blue and gold used in the rest of kwama miner area.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I want you to finish some of your other claims first, and get back reviews which don't need as much fixing.
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

claim.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Grant
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

update.
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

review.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

To the bucket!
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review:

Comments Just looked this one over, and I can't say it is passable. Some problems include:
-poor rotation
-style mixing
-serious bleeding
-floating

I wouldn't call this TR quality. It would take more time to review this than make another one. Someone should probably decide where this should go.

Rating
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Revoking due to too much rework as per RyanS.
Bero
Reviewer

Post by Bero »

Claiming,
same as old plan: 2 guards...
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Seems good. Granting.
Bero
Reviewer

Post by Bero »

Should I use sasquatch's light or default one?
Completed Morrowind Interiors: 47
The trice sealed house withstands the storm.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Hey Bero! Any progress on this?
Bero
Reviewer

Post by Bero »

Nah, I spent all my Morrowind time on reviews. But I will get to it soon.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Any progress here?
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

I'm pretty sure I have a fixed version of this, I'll I have to check.

Errors on this are a result of merging together orphaned changes from improperly saved edits. I'd like to keep my version since I did the whole town in similar style and objects placed with a kwanza mine quest in mind.
Last edited by sasquatch2o on Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my opinion.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

I'm very sorry, but this claim has been turned to Bero. Unless it is revoked, or Bero hands it back to you, the claim is his.

Even if you do not get the claim back, could you still post your fixed file? It could end up being useful with another claim.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

I'll see if Bero is will to drop. He may not have started this yet.
my opinion.
Bero
Reviewer

Post by Bero »

You can have it back. I will do some reviewing instead.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Thanks Bero, for the claim and reviewing. Both are needed.
my opinion.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

As requested.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

give me back this claim
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Such language. Also, you still have a lot of other claims that need finishing.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

aaw man.
my opinion.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Not sure if you really meant to try and claim this again. But as Aeven said - finish up some more interiors and we'll be glad to give this to you.
We'd like our new interior developers to concentrate on one or two interiors (3 max) at a time, at least until you've established a good reputation. Yes, you still are considered to be a new interior developer - I'd have to see several very good interiors to consider you to be an experienced developer.

Edit: fixed some typos
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

Is this still open for claim? I'd like to try my hand at a watchtower.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I've granted this to you through my superamazing LeadDev powers. Normally, you need to press the claim button, but this works too. ;) It's easier for us when you do press the button though.
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

Just wanted to make sure with all the attempted claims. Next time I'll just attempt through the claim button.

Even though you already gave me the claim, the plan is considering that this is such a small village and there is already another guard tower here that it that one is mostly used for storage with only one guard stationed there.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Why take the 20 min to fix this when you could completely redo it In 8 hr? I int this whole village quest idea here was there is kwanza storage stacked up in each interior. There are clues in multiple interiors that reveal someone is illegally selling eggs. Think there is a sack of cash here of course I can't be bothered to check, I am too busy .
A lot of stuff got dropped here because the int wasn't grid snapped initially .

Quest. Player has to inspect the mine, interrogate multiple people and search a few of the interiors. Once you discover the guilty individual(s) they are already gone. You gotta track dem down. I figure this was potentially a low level redoran quest or a misc one. It a redoran kwanza mine corruption quest. Player likely sent there for an independent investigation of corruption in village due to major shortfall in supply. As a second possible quest once you stop the corruption carts transporting the eggs are being raided and player has to defen or track down bandit camps.
my opinion.
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

Why take the 20 min to fix this when you could completely redo it In 8 hr?
Are you recommending me to redo it all or not, aren't sure of your tone here. I don't see why we can't continue your idea of corruption in the village, my idea of this tower being half storage could work well with that plot. The one guard in charge of this surplus could be in on the theft or maybe just unskilled. Just my two cents on this, you seem to have a big interest in this interior so I don't see why you can't be involved in concept somewhat if you wish.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

My comment wasn't so much directed at you. If you want to redo this check my file here an the other tower. I would prefer to finish this for sake if consistency. The paper on each stack of crates notes the proper count. At one point in supply chain the count is off. You then is who has frequent access or control there. Integrate people about what they have seen and their suspicions. Eventually attempt to uncover hard evidence.

I think this one has an eating area that is shared between soldier in both towers. Jugs are color coded between water and alcohol with restrictions on the amount if drinking. Not sure if that's lore accurate but that's how I did it here. The lighting I did is also consistent between entire village and the mine so keep all of that if you choose not to work w what I had.
my opinion.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

I have also fixed this thing already but people dont worry bout that kind of administrative oversight here.
my opinion.
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

I'll have to see what a more senior member says but you may be able to upload the more recent file here for me to work off of, I don't want your work going to waste. I took a look at the file and nearly half of the objects are floating or blending in some way.

And no reason to get bitter about it :D

Edit: Again a more senior member of the team will need to say if this is ok but you can have it back if you feel you have a better understanding of the village. Consistency is a good reason and I would prefer the project to have as much as possible. I have no issue with handing it over but you have been rejected alot because of the amount of claims you have taken on. If there is another claim you would like to 'trade' with me for this I would be up for that, not sure if that is allowed though. I'll focus on my showcase for now while we wait for the answers.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Double checked this and it is not one that I had fixed so if you want to redo go for it. I placed 7-8 of wrong armor type. and 2 rugs are lower then they should be. the jerky touchy the potato and multiple other objects are not perfectly leveled. When you do make it just refer to the other interiors. I tried to design them as a whole system to work together with quest I mentioned.

If you choose to use my file this'd be a good start. Took me 10 min from file 4.
Attachments
TR_i4-482-Red_Sasquatch05.esp
(14.47 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
my opinion.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

First, let me appologize for the delayed response. I thought one of the other leads would have chimed in by now, but unfortunately not.

Sasquatch2o - Time is not an issue here. We currently have no impending deadlines to meet, so whether something takes 10 minutes or 8 hours is irrelevant. This is a fan-based project, and all I'd like to see is people having fun. :)
Your quest is just an idea, it has not been moved to the quest claims yet. In addition, adding some crates of eggs and a few notes can easily be done later, when the quest is implemented. If you are really serious about having your quests go forward, might I suggest adding more to them. Flush out the whole quest, add some dialog, map each action of the player and the other characters. You are leaving too much work for the quest maker to do. Also watch your grammar and spelling (i.e. Kwama mines not Kwanza mines).

Miraclestone - I'll leave it up to you as to how much you want to keep. I know the headaches with repositioning other peoples items, and yes, most of the items on the de_p furniture (even in 05) do need to be fixed. The other tower (i4-485-Red in Review), is a simple tower with a sleeping area for 2, an eating area, a pratice area and a Veloth shrine. All you need to consider is that this is a 2nd tower in a tiny Redoran community that has ties to the local Kwama egg mine. Your idea for 1 guard and storage is good.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

I'm mainly wondering how you cant see that this is just a complete, rude move. Is there any shortage of interiors? NO. Is there a shortage of time? Always, it is a finite resource and we are all one day going to die. Are we short on active people? Yea, so why ostracize and pissing off an active modder by wasting my work and my time.
my opinion.
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

Thanks for the response Seneca. I honestly like Sasquatch's interest in the interior, shows they like the project. As I stated I am happy to hand it over to Sasquatch in exchange for one of their other interior or even just for free if they want to keep the ones they have. My only concern is that I'm not sure if that sort of thing is allowed.

To Sasquatch, as for the idea of the one guard and storage, that was just and idea I throw out, an idea I made before looking at what had already been done and just based on the exterior. I like the idea to be honest but I am fine with dropping it. I am in no intention to insult your work and you seem invested in this village. If I do end up keeping the interior, I will probably mostly fix blending and floating errors with a couple of creative liberties, such as replacing the rich desk in the upstairs with a poor one or maybe just a table. As I mentioned before I am into consistency and if one person wants to handle the whole village I say go for it.

edited once for grammar
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Again, I wasn't referring to you. You are new here you are free to make changes and things still need to be leveled. Using existing work is both a matter of principle and good planning. Wasting work will only alienate the few good people we have left. That is something TR cannot afford.
my opinion.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

I've viewed sasquatch's _5 file and while it's good and 99.9% finished, it's reducing Miraclestone's work to just fixing floaters, bleeders and maybe a few cosmetic changes. That's not what anyone signed up for when doing their interior design showcase.

After this claim was granted to Miraclestone last week there was absolutely no reason for anyone to secretly work on it. If you wanted the interior's design to cater to your quest idea, you could've suggested so. Now there's an unneeded standoff.

Miraclestone has been very diplomatic here, which I commend. If they want they can use sasquatch's _5 file and make do with what room there's left for a new designer to design. However, they have every right to use the _4 file and modify/rearrange/reimagine it as they see fit and it should not alienate anyone because the only one who should be doing the work on this file is Miraclestone. The rest of us will refrain from touching it until it's in review. We can make suggestions, comments, wishes, and give constructive criticism but that's it.

In conclusion: choose whichever the option you like, Miraclestone, and go for it, no explanations needed either way. Happy modding!