Ryan's Interior Showcase

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

RyanS
Lead Developer

Ryan's Interior Showcase

Post by RyanS »

Hello TR!
After months of using the construction set, I have finally decided to try and help build my favorite mod. My showcase is a two story Indoril style house owned by a somewhat wealthy dunmer. The cell name is RyanS Showcase.
Attachments
RyanS TR Showcase.ESP
RyanS Showcase
(9.76 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
RyanS TR Showcase 2.ESP
Lots of problems fixed
(10.46 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
RyanS TR Showcase 3.ESP
(11.93 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
RyanS TR Showcase 4.ESP
(12.18 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Last edited by RyanS on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

Welcome to forums. We need the help in interiors! I'm not a reviewer, but I did recently complete my int showcase. I checked your file and there are a number of objects on de_p that still need to be leveled with the surfaces especially on that round table. On the bench in bedroom area there is a curve that would hug the bottom of the book nicely if placed to the right with the centerline directly above it.

I'd go ahead and make additional adjustments before this is reviewed because, as is, it will not pass. Check every object, they definitely will. Pretty much every object will need to be accurate to the decimal.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Thanks Sasquatch! I'll get to work on fixing these problems, and will probably put a new file up in a day or two.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Hi RyanS! Welcome to Tamriel Rebuilt, and great that you want to mod with us!

Someone, whether it'll be myself or another reviewer will check your showcase soon :)
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

New file up. The problems sasquatch pointed out, as well as a few other things that I found are now fixed.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

Hey RyanS! Welcome to TR! I had a look at your file, and I like what I've seen. A few remarks though: please choose one style of furniture (preferably de_p, which is a pain in the ass, but it is also well-suited for showing off your mad rotation skillz) and stick with it. Style mixing is frowned upon, especially mixing rich and poor furniture. You could also add the occasional tapestry here and there, just to make things more colourful. I also recommend throwing in a few more misc objects, maybe some clothing and such. As far as floaters and bleeders go, I haven't seen many, but let's see how your next file turns out first.
Le vent nous portera

Tea is important! - Cathartis
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Thanks Jule! I made all the furniture de_p, added tapestries, and detailed the place a bit more.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

In the future, please always upload your latest file in your latest post. If you put it at the top, then people who skim will likely miss that a new file has been posted.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Thanks for letting me know! Here is the latest file.
Attachments
RyanS TR Showcase 3.ESP
(12.35 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

- furn_de_rug_big_06 hidden under the floor!
- TR_misc_potion_01 could use some fine adjustment so it doesn't float on one corner; not a huge mistake though
- expensive_shirt_02 should be F-ed once more
- the three barrels in the corner could use some rotation
- the two bottles on the chest, the drum next to the chest, and the chest itself could all use some rotation
- one misc_de_foldedcloth00 on the table is slightly floating
- the expensive gloves on the chest should both be F-ed once more
- p_cure_common_s needs some slight adjustments (it floats just a little bit on one side)
- TR_ingred_moonstone could use a bit of y-rotation (not much, by about -3°)
- wooden staff needs to be moved a tiny bit to make it lean against the wall
- cookie bleeding into the plate a bit
- spoon is floating a bit on one end
- inkwell is floating slightly
- one side of TR_expensive_robe_01 is floating a bit; either sink it a bit more or adjust rotation
- the bottom of one TR_ingred_bread_02 is showing, which exposes the hole in the mesh
- maybe lower the sunlight settings a wee bit

Personal nitpicking/not really errors

- furn_planter_mh_04 could've been left resting on the surface of the floor; it may be different from the way other planters are placed, but I don't see anything wrong with it this way either (except for it being smack in the middle of a room, which is kinda weird), so not an error
- I like to hang lanterns on furn_hook, that way they look more natural
- you added a lot of books, which would only pass if this were the house of a history buff or a scholar, otherwise they would have to be pruned somewhat; also their values add up to a pretty sum, which could be strange in a poor interior, but this is only a showcase and I doubt you'd make that mistake if it were a real claim
- same goes for expensive clothing; I think poor interiors should mainly contain common clothing with a piece of expensive clothing here and there

And this is where I stop my nitpicking to tell you that this is one of the best showcases I have seen. Good job! Fix the above mistakes and I'll gladly recommend you for promotion.
Le vent nous portera

RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

New file. All the above errors have been fixed.
Attachments
RyanS TR Showcase 4.ESP
(12.18 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

Feel free to add some more objects next time you make a claim this size. Light settings could've been lowered a bit more; take a look at any interior in MH to see what I mean.
A few minor errors here and there, nothing serious though.
Have a look at TR's naming conventions before claiming an official claim.

Member recommended for promotion.
Le vent nous portera

sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

congrats and good luck!
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Thank You! :D
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Took a look at this, I see the wealthy dunmer part of the showcase remained, despite the neccesity for poor furniture. This is fine given the circumstances. I only found one thing that could be called an error, the fact that the scales are balanced despite the two sides weighing .2 and 2 total. (We do have unbalanced scales available as the 02 model of that item)

Apart from this nitpickiest of nitpicks this showcase looked great.

Member promoted for Interiors

If you have any questions or problems feel free to post them here or PM myself or the relevant department head.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo