Faction: House Hlaalu
 Files:
Name Size Last Modified
TR_i4-499-Hla_Wel-Gordhaur_3.esp 16.1 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
TR_i4-499-Hla_Wel-Gordhaur_2.esp 16.2 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
TR_i4-499-Hla_Wel-Gordhaur_1.esp 15.8 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
Description
Ancestral Tomb

Cell Co-ordinates and Shell here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/06c1jn00r9b1iuc/tomb4.jpg
Last Edited by Swiftoak
(Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:47 am) Post
Send private message   Reply with quote      
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2005

Unlocking. Feel free to get creative, but don't do anything too huge or spectacular, as this is a low-level region. (Think thestarter dungeons in early-game Morrowind). These interiors are in the Thirr River Region. Tombs should mostly be standard stuff, but one or two of these can have some habitation (bandits or smugglers).
Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:21 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Wel-Gordhaur
Developer
13 Feb 2014

Interior shell already done. Mash-up of inspiration between Vivec waistworks and canalworks (because its near the river), the grandness of the Venim Ancestral Tomb, and my own infatuation with guar. The tomb will be that of a guar-herding family. Large, interesting design -- lots of ramps, stairs, and a few turns -- but still low-level.
Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:25 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2005

Have fun.
Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:11 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Wel-Gordhaur
Developer
13 Feb 2014

The Ilaren Ancestral Tomb is a medium-sized Velothi tomb based on the Great House Hlaalu faction. The tomb focuses especially on the Hlaalu's mercantile nature and surface-deep Temple loyalty. The first main chamber was created solely to please the Temple, and the chamber features a large ash pit and three shrines. The second main chamber holds the remains of the Ilaren Family (none of which are alive today). All of the members of the Ilaren family were avid guar-traders, and so guar hides and merchant goods make up the bulk of the offerings.

The connecting chambers are fairly straightforward, standard Velothi corridors. I've included a few creatures to give the previewer an idea of how I envisioned the spacing. The corridors were influenced somewhat by Vivec's waistworks and canalworks. Decoration and lighting is average for a medium-sized tomb, I think.

The file has been cleaned with TESAME. A path grid has been set. It is not illegal to sleep in the tomb. The tomb can be accessed by opening the console and entering "Ilaren Ancestral Tomb" (ilaren ancestral tomb).

EDIT:

The cell can now be accessed by typing "i4-499-Hla[Ilaren Ancestral Tomb]" in the console (ilaren ancestral tomb).

The hlaalu ashpit has been replaced by a velothi ashpit.

The corridor to the final chamber has been shortened. A few tapestries have been added.

The Shrine to St. Lloris has been replaced by one to St. Seryn.

The correct center tiles have been placed for the first chamber. The correct cornerpiece has been placed for a corridor leading up to the first chamber. A tapestry has been added.

The stairs are now correctly gridsnapped.

A northmarker has been added that accurately matches the exterior entrance.

Clean i4_499_Hla_AncestralTombInterior_by_WelGordhaur.ESP
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Clean i4_499_Hla_AncestralTombInterior_by_WelGordhaur.ESP
 Filesize:  15.76 KB
 Downloaded:  58 Time(s)

Clean i4_499_Hla_IlarenTombInterior_2_by_WelGordhaur.esp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Clean i4_499_Hla_IlarenTombInterior_2_by_WelGordhaur.esp
 Filesize:  16.22 KB
 Downloaded:  48 Time(s)

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:16 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Wel-Gordhaur
Developer
13 Feb 2014

The new cell name is "TR_i4_499_Hla[Ilaren Ancestral Tomb". (ilaren ancestral tomb)

Edits: The offerings on the altars have been scaled down to be more level-appropriate for the region (e.g. the raw glass is now glassware). Likewise, the ebony shortsword has been replaced by a few ebony arrows. I think that this still gives the tomb robber the thrill of finding an ebony item without the shiny price tag attached to it. The silverware has been replaced by a miner's pick.

The iron warhammer has been rotated to rest better on the altar.

Question: Each of the altars in the final chamber (the six before the stairs) represent one of the saints depicted on the shrines on the platform above. For example, St. Aralor, patron of Tanners and Miners, is represented by the miner's pick (formerly by the silver dishes). Should this theme stay?

Thank you.

Clean TR_i4_499_Hla_IlarenTombInterior_3_by_WelGordhaur.esp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Clean TR_i4_499_Hla_IlarenTombInterior_3_by_WelGordhaur.esp
 Filesize:  16.09 KB
 Downloaded:  46 Time(s)

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:35 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2005

I checked this and didn't find anything major. Perhaps the front passages could use more detail, but it's not a show breaker, so I'm approving this. (I may take the libertyu of adding some cobwebs to the corridors when I merge this.

Approving for priority's sake.
Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:26 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group