EJRS Exterior Interior

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

EJRS
Developer

EJRS Exterior Interior

Post by EJRS »

Hello world,
I put together this two-cell exterior showcase as per the instructions. I hope I got everything right with what to include and what not to - this .esp contains nothing but the two "FILL ME IN"-cells.

Hopefully, some of the demiurges of this place can find the time to take a look and give me some pointers. Hopefully the demiurges will be appeased.
Attachments
EJRS Showcase Exterior.esp
Exterior Showcase
(100.67 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Last edited by EJRS on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

This is good stuff. Vertex shading is very nicely done. I don't see much I would change or improve on here, so I'm recommending you for promotion for what it's worth. Really liking the terracing you did for the Hlaalu town thingy.

Hopefully a forum administrator will come by and bestow you your rank and stuff. I'll add you to the exterior dev group for now, and let Haplo [who is also our Exterior final reviewer] sort you out from there, possibiliy giving further advice I might have missed.

Sadly we don't have any claims available for exteriors atm, but [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24311]we are discussing the possibility of changing the border area between our Thirr River Valley area, and the Armun Ashlands to the west.[/url] Once you get your developer rank, you will be able to post on our planning boards and offer up your input. The proposal should probably be approved soon, and you'll be able to claim the section file to do exterior work if you so choose.

I'd highly recommending reading up all of the sectional planning boards, to get a grasp of how we work. We're in the midst of a structural/organizational shuffle, so things might still be unclear. Please do not heistate to ask myself or any other lead developer any questions.

Looking forward to seeing you on the team :)
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Took a quick look and I have to admit, it looks awesome. Of course I'm not an exterior anything, but it overall the way you capture a certain mystical feel with the terrain (if that makes any sense) really brings out that "Morrowind feel", in a way. Congratulations on the dope showcase man!
EJRS
Developer

Post by EJRS »

Oh, haha, that went smoothly. Thank you for taking the time to review this!

I'm sort of aware of the lack of exterior claims atm. No worries, though, I'm going for interior, and perhaps other, showcases next.

And thank you, IM. "Mystical Morrowind feel" makes insides fuzzy.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Congratulations, EJRS, I've added you to the Developers usergroup. Feel free to work on exterior claims when they become available. Any further showcase work should be posted in this thread.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
EJRS
Developer

Interior Showcase

Post by EJRS »

Ok, so this is what I came up with for an interior showcase.
I used a lot of irregular-shaped items, so I'm likely to have overlooked the odd floating or bleeding. I hope someone will have the time to take a look.

As for the concept behind this, I mocked up a small story to go with the tomb. It is explained in a rather crude form through the journal placed as part of the interior.

Oh, and is there an max/min item limit for interiors that I have missed?
Attachments
EJRS Interior Showcase.ESP
Interior
(25.4 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

I took a look at this and really like it. Very well decorated and tasteful in design. I'm recommending you for Interiors.

A final reviewer will take a look at this within the week (we're in the process of finding candidates for this), so be patient, but this is really nice, and will probably be added somewhere in the Thirr River area near Othrensis (where we need tombs).

The only comment otherwise is that it might not be fitting for a dunmer tomb to be guarded by the necromanced remains of outlanders. The writing in the journal (in technical terms) is not bad!
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

That exterior showcase is really nice. It has such effortless quality. The ravine that went into the small pond is one of many nice touches that make this so well done, all with few rock forms too. Hopefully you will be granted a claim soon since there are no available exterior claims (perhaps the rework of the TRV mountain area).
my opinion.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Reworking the Telvanni region? I know you guys had said you were looking to rework the map, but i thought that was way later on?
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Thirr River Valley. The thread is [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=320537]here[/url].
EJRS
Developer

Post by EJRS »

Thank you for the swift reviewing and kind critique! I'd be very flattered if the tomb would make it into the mod. Latent narcissism is very much fed.

As for the point of the necromanced outlanders: I was (and remain) a bit unsure on the details of Dunmer sanctioned necromancy and whose remains were normally and acceptably used for animated skeletons and bonewalkers. I ended up Occam's razoring it rather crudely. This was, in any case, just a very rough sketch, going for a stab at believable, less cartoonish necromancy.

Thank you all!
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

someone should promote you for interiors shortly.
my opinion.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Member Promoted For Interiors

Sorry about the wait. I've been busy with midterms and the recently re-promoted Not has been battling a variety of illnesses. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or PM a Lead Dev.

Edit: wait, someone already did this and they just didn't post, or add you to the Interiors usergroup. Fixed on both counts at least.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo