Assets needed

Development of the Imperial city of Old Ebonheart on the Eastern Mouth of the Thirr River.

Moderator: Lead Developers

gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Assets needed

Post by gro-Dhal »

So we have need of a few models. Lets collect them all here.

Models:
- New cove/rock formation on which the city stands (Wolli?)
- New Naval warships (I think we have these)
- Warship interiors
- Naval banners etc
- Naval officer's uniform

Sounds:
- Tolling bell? Ambient sound for the city.
Last edited by gro-Dhal on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Test
wollibeebee
Developer

Post by wollibeebee »

I'm sure we can make the cove quiet easily out of vanilla rocks, as has been done elsewhere.

I've upload those ships in my thread, so we should have them. :D
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Made a bell sound effect.

Also, attached wolli's neat galleon model to this thread as well. AFAIK, the galleon still lacks interiors? Also, it'd be super awesome to replace the standard imperial dragon with Swifty's navy emblem.
Attachments
TRSHIPGALLEON (1).7z
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 372 times
wollisgalleojs.png
the galleons be like this
(396.05 KiB) Downloaded 558 times
to whom the ebon bell tolls.wav
a distant bell ambient sound
(372.35 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Ok great, then it's not much that we need really. I don't suppose the existing ship interior set could do the job?
Test
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

I personally don't see why not, even though it wouldn't match the outside ship 100 %. I'd love to see Ashstaar's new face and clothes in OE, but after that I think we more or less got everything we need.

[random]A tiger-striped Colovian Fur Helmet would be neat though.[/random]
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Here be a couple of new items i fancy would be neat to include in OE. First is the death mask of Katariah Septim. Second one is a Colovian helm fashioned out of tiger pelt; a rare import from far-western Cyrodiil.

[img]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y417/rats_tr/deathmask_zps6efbf6a5.png[/img]
[img]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y417/rats_tr/colovianfurhelm_zps5fc10d3e.png[/img]
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

I think it would be pretty awesome and easy to make the Old Ebonheart fortress look a bit more unique by adding a simple spire on top of the highest tower like this:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/z6SaZWWl.jpg[/img]

The form of it could be done more interesting of course.
What do you guys think?
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I like the idea. Maybe add a banner hanger a third or so of the way up? The spire itself looks a little bare. If we have a modeller handy a low poly dragon or two circling the top of the spire, similarly to the [url=http://www.imperial-library.info/sites/default/files/vvard_big_ebonheart.jpg]dragon statue in Ebonheart[/url], might also look good. I'm basically thinking along the lines of a Roman [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquila_%28Roman%29]aquila[/url].
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Cool ideas guys. Rats- the red jewel on the mask needs to be diamond-shaped. The whole thing actually looks like something she might have worn in life, as a symbol of office.
Test
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Rats wrote:Second one is a Colovian helm fashioned out of tiger pelt; a rare import from far-western Cyrodiil.
I like the hat, but it looks a little more like tiger print than actual tiger pelt to me. While a tiger's stripes are also visible directly on its skin (I'm not sure how visible it would look on the underside of the skin, though) it looks rather different. (Unfortunately a quick search only revealed [url=http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/backstage/images/behind-scenes/head-skin-striped-large.gif]one picture[/url] of a wounded tiger with exposed skin).
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Gnomey wrote:I like the idea. Maybe add a banner hanger a third or so of the way up? The spire itself looks a little bare. If we have a modeller handy a low poly dragon or two circling the top of the spire, similarly to the [url=http://www.imperial-library.info/sites/default/files/vvard_big_ebonheart.jpg]dragon statue in Ebonheart[/url], might also look good. I'm basically thinking along the lines of a Roman [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquila_%28Roman%29]aquila[/url].
There's something like an aquila in Veet's Velothi architecture resource. I've attached the model in question. The UV needs to be reworked in most areas and the overall height could be adjusted. And obviously it would need to be retextured.

Though, I realized after posting this that you meant an aquila with a dragon instead of a bird on top... but something could still possibly be done with this model.

I like that death mask of Katariah though. It could do with a red diamond though.
Attachments
vel_birdclmn00.nif
(22.84 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I think that model used to be part of TR's Necrom tileset. If it's used anywhere, it should probably be used in a Nordic place like Dunmereth Pass or Strond, where it might pass as a hawk. As far as I am aware, Nords, Altmer and maybe Redguards are the only races one would expect to use a bird as a symbol.
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Gnomey wrote:I think that model used to be part of TR's Necrom tileset. If it's used anywhere, it should probably be used in a Nordic place like Dunmereth Pass or Strond, where it might pass as a hawk. As far as I am aware, Nords, Altmer and maybe Redguards are the only races one would expect to use a bird as a symbol.
Yeah, probably would not be hard to modify that model as I said to elongate the head/snout and maybe throw in a tail or something. Not that I'm necessarily volunteering. But if people are interested I might screw around with it.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Somebody requested banners for the navy? Made these on a break I had like 3 weeks ago. Posting here incase nobody got it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zbldmvkqcuojhz7/aCweGDAAXj

Everything from source files to useable textures are in that folder. Someone needs to simply add these to existing banner NIFs and put them in Data. Would be nice if Rats did a sketchy version of this and wrote something interesting about it for the heraldry book aready in Data? Or something else entirely. Think concepts such as the "All Flags Navy". It's a reimagination of the Imperial Dragon to evoke "wheel" imagery, the 8 diamonds/spokes representing the 8 divines/provinces while the dragon represents the Akatosh and the Ruby Throne itself.

Next on the list is the navy uniform. I'll get to that at some point. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions feel free to share, otherwise I'm probably gonna take some creative liberty and just roll from there!
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

That's a pretty sweet insignia, Swiftoak. Nice work!

You should definitely communicate that creation to P:C if you haven't already.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

I think I queried it to SamirA on IRC. But I was like super busy so IDK if he even got it! Feel free to share!
-Hippocrates
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Swiftoak Woodwarrior wrote:Next on the list is the navy uniform. I'll get to that at some point. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions feel free to share, otherwise I'm probably gonna take some creative liberty and just roll from there!
Sea green sash
Test
Infragris
Developer

Post by Infragris »

Swiftoak Woodwarrior wrote: Next on the list is the navy uniform. I'll get to that at some point. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions feel free to share, otherwise I'm probably gonna take some creative liberty and just roll from there!
Would be cool and lore-friendly to go with a more Nibenese vibe for the Navy. Loose clothing, with brighter colors, sort of Indian or Turkish sailor vibe.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Just wondering, how goes those cool new helmet models, Rats?
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Haven't made any progress on the helmets since posting the screenshots above. I'll tweak them a little and upload them soon-ish.

Also, I'll try to provide a sketchy version of the Navy emblem asap as well.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

[img]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y417/rats_tr/TR_navy_emblem_zpsd151d101.png[/img]
TR's tumblr post wrote:Insignia of the Imperial Navy: Derived from the sigil of the Tamrielic All-Flags Navy, the Empire’s naval insignia depicts the Dragon of Akatosh curled up in the shape of a ship’s wheel with eight spokes. The body of Akatosh represents Cyrodiil itself, while the diamond spokes protruding from the dragon’s wings represent the projection of Imperial power over the other eight provinces of Tamriel. The wheel can also be seen as a simplified representation of the Nine Divines, Akatosh being the centre figure, surrounded by the other eight Divines. The symbol became largely disused following the fragmentation of the Third Empire.
"Sail now lads with the All Flags Navy,
sail now lads with the All Flags Navy,
sail now lads with the All Flags Navy;
And bring yer love a Sload Soap."
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

[url]http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1503941-rel-imperial-grates-resource/[/url]

Just saw this. It would look great probably.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Aeven wrote:[url]http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1503941-rel-imperial-grates-resource/[/url]

Just saw this. It would look great probably.
With TR appropriate textures these should definitely be used in OE sewers / Castle. Great stuff.
RyanS wrote:Just wondering, how goes those cool new helmet models, Rats?
I've finished optimizing the texture for Colovian Tiger Helm. Icon, mesh and texture attached.

[img]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y417/rats_tr/coloviantigerhelmpreview_zps7700c9b8.png[/img]
Attachments
TR_tx_A_TigerHelm.dds
Texture
(64.13 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
TR_a_tiger_helm.dds
Icon
(4.13 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
TR_A_FurHelmTiger.nif
Mesh
(3.74 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I believe those grates etc. use vanilla textures.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Ooh that helm looks great! Can't wait to see it in TR Data! :D

I really like those grates. Just I think they should be given a lighter shade of gray, if they are to be used here. They seem a little too dark for the OE sewers.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Aeven wrote:I believe those grates etc. use vanilla textures.
Oh, viewed them on CS without any texture replacers. They're just wonderful and usable as they are!

I've also edited Wolli's galleon model to use a new sail texture featuring Swifty's navy emblem. Results can be witnessed below.

[spoiler][img]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y417/rats_tr/navyshipv2_zps8576ff4f.png[/img][/spoiler]
Attachments
tr_tx_imp_navysail.dds
Sail texture
(1 MiB) Downloaded 316 times
tr_ex_imp_warship.nif
Updated Mesh
(741.41 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
Last edited by Rats on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Rats, I lurv you <3
-Hippocrates
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

That ship looks terrific! Maybe if we get the chance we should put one in Firewatch too, and maybe one going up the Thirr.
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Aeven wrote:I believe those grates etc. use vanilla textures.
They do. So they'll match the Imperial fort set perfectly no matter what texture replacer the modder, tester, or player is using. As rats found. ;)

That boat with the emblazoned sails looks badass, rats. Love it!
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Do we actually have an interior model for the ship?
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Afaik we don't and I'm not sure if Wolli's planning on working on a interior model. However, the shape and size of the hull are not all that different from the vanilla ship model. I suggest we use a vanilla interior model (perhaps with slightly different textures) for the warship.

(Haven't tried using a vanilla interior for the ship ingame yet; gotta do some testing to make sure it will not look out of place or moddy)
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I believe Dongel did make an interior for the original ship model, but it looks unfinished. It is basically only the shell of the ship, without any floors and rooms.
Last edited by Gnomey on Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Oh, well that'd be definitely worth taking a look at. I'm certain that building makeshift floors and walls for rooms with existing statics could be fairly easy.

//edit: I dug up dongle's old interior meshes for the warship. They look pretty usable to me as they are. (One seam is slightly caspering in the upper deck mesh, though -- need to either modify the file or cover the seam with something in each interior.) I've edited them to use vanilla textures which work with Wolli's version of the ship's exterior. Files below.

[spoiler][img]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y417/rats_tr/warship_upperdeck_lowerdeck_zps6dd1374c.png[/img][/spoiler]
Attachments
TR_in_imp_warship_u.nif
Upper deck interior for the Navy Warship
(158.79 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
TR_in_imp_warship_l.nif
Lower deck interior for the Navy Warship
(90.24 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Hark, a double post/update! Here be the Death Mask of Empress Katariah:

[img]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y417/rats_tr/deathmask_screen_zpse6ed04aa.png[/img]

Files attached.
Attachments
TR_a_katariah_mask.dds
Icon
(4.13 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
TR_Tx_A_katariah_mask.dds
Texture
(1 MiB) Downloaded 285 times
TR_a_katariah_mask.nif
Mesh
(29.54 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Hey Rats, is that pic suitable for me to put on our deviantART page? :)
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Brilliant! I love how those streaks and lines on the mask make its wearer truly seem dead.

Also, the galleon model looks amazing, but I have two questions about its interior. The vanilla interiors have much more detail. (For example, poles running along the side of the boat, and separate rooms) Would it be cool if more detail could be added to the warship interior? Also, does the interior set have a cabin?

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

We could add such detail ourselves. It actually offers much more freedom.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Alright, you raise a good point. :P

Detailing the ship with separate assets would make the interior very unique and interesting, if used in an appropriate way.

Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Aeven wrote:Hey Rats, is that pic suitable for me to put on our deviantART page? :)
Sure thing :)
RyanS wrote:Also, the galleon model looks amazing, but I have two questions about its interior. The vanilla interiors have much more detail. (For example, poles running along the side of the boat, and separate rooms) Would it be cool if more detail could be added to the warship interior? Also, does the interior set have a cabin?
True the interiors could do with more detail, but I think we needn't touch the model -- interior modders can add them when making the interiors. As for the walls/rooms/cabins (there's no separate cabin mesh) I've made a retex of TR's "TR_in_c_wall_plain_02" that goes with the ship's textures that can be used to create some variation in the layout.
Attachments
TR_in_imp_warship_wall.nif
(4.58 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Awesome work, Rats! :D It'll be great to see these new models in Old Ebonheart.