Possible Quest: Peliah Minegaur/Akrash

Place where miscellaneous quests and NPC dialogue are written.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Ashstaar
Developer

Possible Quest: Peliah Minegaur/Akrash

Post by Ashstaar »

The story of the in-game book "Last Scabbard of Akrash" takes place in 3E 407 in the city of Tear, Dres. At the end of the story Peliah leaves Tear on the run for good, possibly with the sword. It would be possible to cross paths with her and involve the weapon in a quest. I am not much of a quest writer but there is potential for a good story. A follow-up of the events from the book. Finding her over near the Cyrodiil/Skyrim border. Possibly in Baan Malur (are we still using that name?) Or in a Guild quest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Ooh, this sounds quite interesting! I would love to see more quests like this in TR! I'll have to read that book now. One thing to make sure of is that the story is non-fiction. And yes, the name Baan Malur is still being used. :)

Edit:the story can be non-fiction, so I'm all in for the quest.
greendogo
TR Tester

Post by greendogo »

Considering this is a romance involving a slave and a slave owner's daughter it's probably either heavily embellished or an outright fabrication. Also, because of this subject matter, Tabar Vunqidh, the author, is probably not a native of Morrowind, as the native Dunmer would probably consider such a relationship disgusting.

If you use this story as the inspiration for a quest, might I recommend someone takes to rewriting the actual account of events involved in the story, from an objective point of view?
Gentlemen, start your striders:
[url]http://tristikov.deviantart.com/art/G-Dunmer-wit-Siltstridaz-dawg-28071455[/url]
hmmmm... I should have looked at this guys DA gallery before posting a link to it... he likes horses... a little too much
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I don't think that's too important, personally, as long as the quest doesn't delve too deeply into the events of the books, or Dres in general. The book may have had an element of non-fiction, and that's really all that is important. All this would be confirming is that there is a person named Peliah who has a sword named Akrash. (If I remember the story correctly). I think elaborating on the events of the book is exactly what we shouldn't do.
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

As for the relationship being fictional, ever read the unedited Barenziah books?