ESO Inspiration for TR

Place to discuss history, story, character development, questlines for factions and other specifics.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Melchior Dahrk
Developer

ESO Inspiration for TR

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

If there's another thread dedicated to examining ESO lore as potential inspiration for things to include in TR, then please just merge my comment with that thread.

If not, I'm making this thread just for that purpose. There are some things from ESO which I am just shrugging off, but there are some other things here and there from the tons and tons of books which intrigue me. So I'm making this thread as a location to discuss ESO lore and how it might related to TR.

First thing I can think of which caught my eye (I'll check over my notes and see if there is anything else later) is mention of the Indigo Scrolls of Necrom. They're fleetingly mentioned in [url=http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ayrenn:_The_Unforeseen_Queen]this book[/url]. What could they be?
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

These might be a nice thing to include in the basement of the Necrom Fane. Perhaps they are attempts at creating an elder scroll?
cookie16
Developer

Post by cookie16 »

Add ESO Books?[url]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24523[/url]
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Aeven wrote:These might be a nice thing to include in the basement of the Necrom Fane. Perhaps they are attempts at creating an elder scroll?
That was my initial thought as well. Either way, I think they could be included without necessarily needing much background information (unless someone wanted to come up with something cool).
Adanorcil
Developer Emeritus

Post by Adanorcil »

They're just a throwaway name to make up some adventure for a particularly uninspired character. They have no relevance and are certainly not attempts at making an Elder scroll.
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Adanorcil wrote:They're just a throwaway name to make up some adventure for a particularly uninspired character. They have no relevance and are certainly not attempts at making an Elder scroll.
Well aren't you just a little Debbie Downer!

I decided soon after reading that I didn't actually think they were Elder Scrolls mimics. But I think it's more interesting to consider than to simply call them "throwaways". Perhaps they're somehow an ancestral history that focuses on animus rather than mortal lives... maybe Dunmer call the animus an Indigo Soul rather than a Black Soul. Just throwing stuff around. I'll try and see if there is any other interesting ESO tidbits so that this thread doesn't just become an argument over the name of some scrolls.