Old Ebonheart Section File

Development of the Imperial city of Old Ebonheart on the Eastern Mouth of the Thirr River.

Moderator: Lead Developers

RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Excellent work, Rats! Old Ebonheart city is closer to completion than I had thought. :)
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

According to Rats this file is not currently being worked on, so I'm quickly claiming it to split off three cells.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Dropping.

There were no interiors to deal with this time, so it all went nice and smoothly.
Attachments
TR_OldEbonheart_v.0051.esp
(3.47 MiB) Downloaded 231 times
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Would it be alright if I claimed this to add a few NPCs? I feel like I haven't contributed any CS work here since forever.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

I can whip up dialogue if need be Yeti
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Sure thing, Yeti. It's yours! :)
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Oops, forgot to address the dialogue matter: I would rather have the dialogue planned in a separate thread before any dialogue, generic or otherwise, is implemented.

I'm quite busy atm, but will set up a thread with some notes by the end of the week for the planning to begin.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Sounds good, I'll be on the lookout.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Considering how good the Guild of Barristers sign looks, maybe we could get a reworking of the other additional signs? The wood texture they use look rather jarring. They're far too red and bright, compared to the vanilla style.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Added a few NPCs. Someone else can have this for now.
Attachments
TR_OldEbonheart_v.0052.esp
(3.51 MiB) Downloaded 220 times
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

In the current file, many NPCs do not report crimes. Unless someone else has grand plans ATM, I would like to fix this and maybe add more NPCs.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Granted. When assigning ownerships on items, chests, and whatnot be sure to leave the unlocked doors unchecked so the player won't get in trouble for opening them.

While your NPCing could you also make three variations of the standard "TR_m3_NPC" script with the short variables "TR_OE_poor", "TR_OE_common", and "TR_OE_rich", and assign them on proper NPCs?

Name of the script could be "TR_m3_NPC_OE_poor/common/rich".
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Also: everyone please make sure you use the newest possible version of the TR_Data. A couple of newly-included stuff that were present in Old Ebonheart in an older file were not present in v0052.

I'll add the missing stuff back later! :)
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Update, dropping. I didn't clean any exterior cells because I'm not 100% sure which to clean out.

Poor and craftsmen areas are now completely NPC'D (aside from mages guild). The docks and well-to-do areas still need work. Rich/common/poor scripts added to NPCs.

This city is a beginning thief's playground, and I think special care should be taken with loot balancing. Maybe play-testing as a thief fresh off the boat would be helpful.

Notes:

_"Unaarie's Elixirs" has a lot of valuable loot, and better alchemy equipment than the superior "Narusya's Fine Potions". In its current state the player could easily swipe some grandmaster equipment.

_"Ghurmag gra-Shula's House" has too much loot laying around for one Orc to keep an eye on.

_"Hhontjulf Fire-Mane's House" the Nord living here appears to have been away for a long time. Not sure if there should be an NPC created for this interior.

_"Eulix Festius: Brickmason" does not have a kiln. This seems like an oversight.
Attachments
TR_OldEbonheart_v.0053.esp
(3.73 MiB) Downloaded 249 times
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Claiming for minute exterior / interior work

edit: also, thanks Tondollari! Good work.
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

I forgot to mention, the doors leading to the Imperial chapel towers do not work.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

I've merged the Imperial warship interior and done some exterior work as well as NPC'ed the rest of the town. Will be uploading the section file once I've got it polished.

OE town has 182 NPCs, 33% of which are Imperials and the gender ratio is exactly 50/50 (the guards not included). But don't take my word for it, see the census data:
Attachments
NPC Census of Old Ebonheart.pdf
(147.95 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Bravo, Rats. Both the NPC work and demographic charts are much appreciated.
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

This is great, Rats! You really have a gift for names. Very much looking forward to the new file! By the way, please check your PMs.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Dropping the file

The linked interiors and the town are fully NPC'd and pathgridded.

May the playtesting commence!

(the IAS and Navy interiors don't have the proper item ownership's assigned because the Factions don't exist in the Data)
Attachments
TR_OldEbonheart_v.0060.ESP
(4.1 MiB) Downloaded 204 times
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

This is looking great! Would like to claim for minor adjustments:

*Merchant inventory fine-tuning (add a few unique items, make sure handy stuff respawns)

*Adding 2-4 NPCs to OE's streets (taking care not to screw up gender ratio)

*Loot balancing
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Tondollari wrote:This is looking great! Would like to claim for minor adjustments:

*Merchant inventory fine-tuning (add a few unique items, make sure handy stuff respawns)

*Adding 2-4 NPCs to OE's streets (taking care not to screw up gender ratio)

*Loot balancing
Granted!
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Sorry it's taking so long, I got a little sidetracked playing PoE. I'll definitely be done tomorrow night.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

No rush! :)
st.Veloth, The Repenting

Post by st.Veloth, The Repenting »

wait... wasn't old ebonheart a dres city?
lore states that mournhold/almalexia and old ebonheart were once one in the same, but they split, so... shouldn't they have similar architecture?
almsivi bless, to create one must first destroy, the nature of all, is in equilibrium
- sotha sil
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

st.Veloth, The Repenting wrote:wait... wasn't old ebonheart a dres city?
lore states that mournhold/almalexia and old ebonheart were once one in the same, but they split, so... shouldn't they have similar architecture?
Several centuries before the course of the game, OE burned down and was rebuilt as an Imperial city. More info can be found [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24360]here.[/url]

Rats edit: also here in [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24467]gro-Dhal's wonderful history book[/url]

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

I'd like to edit the archways leading to the docks, replacing the two eastern arches with a single larger one. The current design is very obviously constricted by the limits of the tileset; it lines up with neither the streets nor the docks. While my redesign wouldn't exactly fix these issues completely, I do think it would hide them better.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ZSkD0v7l.png[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/BBogCLIl.png[/img]
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

I don't have any problems with the archways as they are now, but at the same time I don't have any objections against you changing them if you feel like they'd be better that way. I suppose it wouldn't take long?

Once Tondollari releases the latest section file, you may consider it granted, Theminimanx. (Be sure to use [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=17918&start=410]the latest Data from 12/31/2014[/url] even if there are some missing textures there)
st.Veloth, The Repenting

Post by st.Veloth, The Repenting »

wait, how could imperial influence get THAT strong on morrowind? only one city is built in that style in skyrim, and morrowind it'self is the most isolationist out of all the other provinces...
almsivi bless, to create one must first destroy, the nature of all, is in equilibrium
- sotha sil
Telvayn

Post by Telvayn »

st.Veloth, The Repenting wrote:wait, how could imperial influence get THAT strong on morrowind? only one city is built in that style in skyrim, and morrowind it'self is the most isolationist out of all the other provinces...
Skyrim was far less likely to couse trouble for the Septim Empire, so there were more forts and towns built in Morrowind to keep things in check.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Everything in Skyrim has at least some Imperial influence. Also, TR's Morrowind will be much larger than Bethesda's Skyrim ever was, so there is lots of room for opportunity.

Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Sorry I overestimated my free time again. Dropping the file. Changes:

_Almost all merchants now have hidden special chests with respawning stuff.

_Downgraded alchemical equipment in Unaarie's Elixers

_Added a sack of gold to Anjzirra's bedroom

_Changed a few locks

_Added unique merchant items:

Imeric Geordaine: Tailor
TR_m3_glove_handshake_uni "Glove of the Dextrous Handshake" (charm)
TR_m3_glove_doorknob_uni "Glove of the Cosmic Doorknob" (Recall)
TR_m3_glove_doorjamb_uni "Glove of the Astral Doorjamb" (Mark)

Iela Free-Bear's Exotic Weapons
TR_m3_tiger_roar_uni "The Tiger's Roar" (expensive Imperial Royal Longsword w/demoralize enchantment)

Unaarie's Elixers
TR_m3_p_Unaarie_uni "Unaarie's Enigma" (Silence + Fortify Magicka)

_Added exterior NPCs:

Uraanwen, Pilgrim & Imperial Cult member outside the chapel
Kush-Zaw, Scout outside the Moth & Tiger
Enix Caripus, Thief hanging around merchant street
Macelyn, Pauper in front of The Empress Katariah
Attachments
TR_OldEbonheart_v.0061.ESP
(4.11 MiB) Downloaded 221 times
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

Dropping
-Replaced the two eastern dock arches with a single larger one.

I think I succesfully changed the pathgridding to work with the new layout, but it is my first time using this function.
Attachments
TR_OldEbonheart_v.0062.ESP
(4.11 MiB) Downloaded 193 times
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I absolutely cannot wait to explore this in all its glory :)
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Why do the Factor's manor and Chapel have shabby-textured roofs, Instead of the normal Imperial roof texture?

EDIT: Nevermind, turns out this was an OpenMW glitch. Sorry.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Claiming for minute exterior work.

I was also thinking about making some sort of preview video of Old Ebonheart for the TR Youtube channel. Any suggestions for a free video capturing software?
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

I think Aeven did some videos. He might know something, and is often (present but not very active) in the IRC channel.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

New Section File up. You need the attached OE Flag and Banners file to view it properly.
Attachments
OE Flag and Banners (1).7z
(184.71 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
TR_OldEbonheart_v.0065.esp
(4.12 MiB) Downloaded 198 times
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Is there any significance as to which way the dragon is facing?
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

To respond to an earlier post: Open Broadcaster Software does good stuff; I use it on occasion. https://obsproject.com/