Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author
Message Post new topic Reply to topic
RyanS
Lead Developer
19 Aug 2013

Excellent work, Rats! Old Ebonheart city is closer to completion than I had thought. Smile

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Post Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:46 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

According to Rats this file is not currently being worked on, so I'm quickly claiming it to split off three cells.
Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:17 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

Dropping.

There were no interiors to deal with this time, so it all went nice and smoothly.

TR_OldEbonheart_v.0051.esp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TR_OldEbonheart_v.0051.esp
 Filesize:  3.47 MB
 Downloaded:  117 Time(s)

Post Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:35 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Would it be alright if I claimed this to add a few NPCs? I feel like I haven't contributed any CS work here since forever.
Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:27 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Ironed Maidens
Developer
23 Feb 2008

I can whip up dialogue if need be Yeti
Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:29 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Rats
Lead Developer
03 Jul 2012

Sure thing, Yeti. It's yours! Smile
Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:39 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Rats
Lead Developer
03 Jul 2012

Oops, forgot to address the dialogue matter: I would rather have the dialogue planned in a separate thread before any dialogue, generic or otherwise, is implemented.

I'm quite busy atm, but will set up a thread with some notes by the end of the week for the planning to begin.

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:01 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Ironed Maidens
Developer
23 Feb 2008

Sounds good, I'll be on the lookout.
Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:29 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Aeven
Lead Developer
17 Aug 2008

Considering how good the Guild of Barristers sign looks, maybe we could get a reworking of the other additional signs? The wood texture they use look rather jarring. They're far too red and bright, compared to the vanilla style.

<Nemon> I've never understood the way of weed

<~Haplo> I like cheese. I like cheese alot. yes. truly, in fact I love the cheese

<+SamirA> butt hat is the endgame
Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:19 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Added a few NPCs. Someone else can have this for now.

TR_OldEbonheart_v.0052.esp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TR_OldEbonheart_v.0052.esp
 Filesize:  3.51 MB
 Downloaded:  110 Time(s)

Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:24 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Tondollari
Developer
02 Dec 2013

In the current file, many NPCs do not report crimes. Unless someone else has grand plans ATM, I would like to fix this and maybe add more NPCs.
Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:05 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Rats
Lead Developer
03 Jul 2012

Granted. When assigning ownerships on items, chests, and whatnot be sure to leave the unlocked doors unchecked so the player won't get in trouble for opening them.

While your NPCing could you also make three variations of the standard "TR_m3_NPC" script with the short variables "TR_OE_poor", "TR_OE_common", and "TR_OE_rich", and assign them on proper NPCs?

Name of the script could be "TR_m3_NPC_OE_poor/common/rich".

Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:40 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Rats
Lead Developer
03 Jul 2012

Also: everyone please make sure you use the newest possible version of the TR_Data. A couple of newly-included stuff that were present in Old Ebonheart in an older file were not present in v0052.

I'll add the missing stuff back later! Smile

Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:38 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Tondollari
Developer
02 Dec 2013

Update, dropping. I didn't clean any exterior cells because I'm not 100% sure which to clean out.

Poor and craftsmen areas are now completely NPC'D (aside from mages guild). The docks and well-to-do areas still need work. Rich/common/poor scripts added to NPCs.

This city is a beginning thief's playground, and I think special care should be taken with loot balancing. Maybe play-testing as a thief fresh off the boat would be helpful.

Notes:

_"Unaarie's Elixirs" has a lot of valuable loot, and better alchemy equipment than the superior "Narusya's Fine Potions". In its current state the player could easily swipe some grandmaster equipment.

_"Ghurmag gra-Shula's House" has too much loot laying around for one Orc to keep an eye on.

_"Hhontjulf Fire-Mane's House" the Nord living here appears to have been away for a long time. Not sure if there should be an NPC created for this interior.

_"Eulix Festius: Brickmason" does not have a kiln. This seems like an oversight.

TR_OldEbonheart_v.0053.esp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TR_OldEbonheart_v.0053.esp
 Filesize:  3.73 MB
 Downloaded:  124 Time(s)

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:40 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Rats
Lead Developer
03 Jul 2012

Claiming for minute exterior / interior work

edit: also, thanks Tondollari! Good work.

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:11 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Tondollari
Developer
02 Dec 2013

I forgot to mention, the doors leading to the Imperial chapel towers do not work.
Post Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:47 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Rats
Lead Developer
03 Jul 2012

I've merged the Imperial warship interior and done some exterior work as well as NPC'ed the rest of the town. Will be uploading the section file once I've got it polished.

OE town has 182 NPCs, 33% of which are Imperials and the gender ratio is exactly 50/50 (the guards not included). But don't take my word for it, see the census data:

NPC Census of Old Ebonheart.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  NPC Census of Old Ebonheart.pdf
 Filesize:  147.95 KB
 Downloaded:  184 Time(s)

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:11 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Bravo, Rats. Both the NPC work and demographic charts are much appreciated.
Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:18 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Tondollari
Developer
02 Dec 2013

This is great, Rats! You really have a gift for names. Very much looking forward to the new file! By the way, please check your PMs.
Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:38 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Rats
Lead Developer
03 Jul 2012

Dropping the file

The linked interiors and the town are fully NPC'd and pathgridded.

May the playtesting commence!

(the IAS and Navy interiors don't have the proper item ownership's assigned because the Factions don't exist in the Data)

TR_OldEbonheart_v.0060.ESP
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TR_OldEbonheart_v.0060.ESP
 Filesize:  4.1 MB
 Downloaded:  96 Time(s)

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:23 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Tondollari
Developer
02 Dec 2013

This is looking great! Would like to claim for minor adjustments:

*Merchant inventory fine-tuning (add a few unique items, make sure handy stuff respawns)

*Adding 2-4 NPCs to OE's streets (taking care not to screw up gender ratio)

*Loot balancing
Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:47 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Rats
Lead Developer
03 Jul 2012

Tondollari wrote:
This is looking great! Would like to claim for minor adjustments:

*Merchant inventory fine-tuning (add a few unique items, make sure handy stuff respawns)

*Adding 2-4 NPCs to OE's streets (taking care not to screw up gender ratio)

*Loot balancing

Granted!

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:03 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Tondollari
Developer
02 Dec 2013

Sorry it's taking so long, I got a little sidetracked playing PoE. I'll definitely be done tomorrow night.
Post Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:37 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Rats
Lead Developer
03 Jul 2012

No rush! Smile
Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:50 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
st.Veloth, The Repenting
28 Feb 2015

wait... wasn't old ebonheart a dres city?
lore states that mournhold/almalexia and old ebonheart were once one in the same, but they split, so... shouldn't they have similar architecture?

Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:15 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
RyanS
Lead Developer
19 Aug 2013

st.Veloth, The Repenting wrote:
wait... wasn't old ebonheart a dres city?
lore states that mournhold/almalexia and old ebonheart were once one in the same, but they split, so... shouldn't they have similar architecture?

Several centuries before the course of the game, OE burned down and was rebuilt as an Imperial city. More info can be found here.

Rats edit: also here in gro-Dhal's wonderful history book

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:18 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Theminimanx
Lead Developer
26 Jan 2014

I'd like to edit the archways leading to the docks, replacing the two eastern arches with a single larger one. The current design is very obviously constricted by the limits of the tileset; it lines up with neither the streets nor the docks. While my redesign wouldn't exactly fix these issues completely, I do think it would hide them better.

The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
Post Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:45 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Rats
Lead Developer
03 Jul 2012

I don't have any problems with the archways as they are now, but at the same time I don't have any objections against you changing them if you feel like they'd be better that way. I suppose it wouldn't take long?

Once Tondollari releases the latest section file, you may consider it granted, Theminimanx. (Be sure to use the latest Data from 12/31/2014 even if there are some missing textures there)

Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:20 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
st.Veloth, The Repenting
28 Feb 2015

wait, how could imperial influence get THAT strong on morrowind? only one city is built in that style in skyrim, and morrowind it'self is the most isolationist out of all the other provinces...
Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:35 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Telvayn
28 Jan 2014

st.Veloth, The Repenting wrote:
wait, how could imperial influence get THAT strong on morrowind? only one city is built in that style in skyrim, and morrowind it'self is the most isolationist out of all the other provinces...

Skyrim was far less likely to couse trouble for the Septim Empire, so there were more forts and towns built in Morrowind to keep things in check.
Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:48 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
RyanS
Lead Developer
19 Aug 2013

Everything in Skyrim has at least some Imperial influence. Also, TR's Morrowind will be much larger than Bethesda's Skyrim ever was, so there is lots of room for opportunity.

Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:23 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Tondollari
Developer
02 Dec 2013

Sorry I overestimated my free time again. Dropping the file. Changes:

_Almost all merchants now have hidden special chests with respawning stuff.

_Downgraded alchemical equipment in Unaarie's Elixers

_Added a sack of gold to Anjzirra's bedroom

_Changed a few locks

_Added unique merchant items:

Imeric Geordaine: Tailor
TR_m3_glove_handshake_uni "Glove of the Dextrous Handshake" (charm)
TR_m3_glove_doorknob_uni "Glove of the Cosmic Doorknob" (Recall)
TR_m3_glove_doorjamb_uni "Glove of the Astral Doorjamb" (Mark)

Iela Free-Bear's Exotic Weapons
TR_m3_tiger_roar_uni "The Tiger's Roar" (expensive Imperial Royal Longsword w/demoralize enchantment)

Unaarie's Elixers
TR_m3_p_Unaarie_uni "Unaarie's Enigma" (Silence + Fortify Magicka)

_Added exterior NPCs:

Uraanwen, Pilgrim & Imperial Cult member outside the chapel
Kush-Zaw, Scout outside the Moth & Tiger
Enix Caripus, Thief hanging around merchant street
Macelyn, Pauper in front of The Empress Katariah

TR_OldEbonheart_v.0061.ESP
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TR_OldEbonheart_v.0061.ESP
 Filesize:  4.11 MB
 Downloaded:  93 Time(s)

Post Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:45 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Theminimanx
Lead Developer
26 Jan 2014

Dropping
-Replaced the two eastern dock arches with a single larger one.

I think I succesfully changed the pathgridding to work with the new layout, but it is my first time using this function.

TR_OldEbonheart_v.0062.ESP
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TR_OldEbonheart_v.0062.ESP
 Filesize:  4.11 MB
 Downloaded:  99 Time(s)

The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
Post Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:41 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Tyrion
Reviewer
31 May 2006

I absolutely cannot wait to explore this in all its glory Smile

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Post Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:48 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Tondollari
Developer
02 Dec 2013

Why do the Factor's manor and Chapel have shabby-textured roofs, Instead of the normal Imperial roof texture?

EDIT: Nevermind, turns out this was an OpenMW glitch. Sorry.
Post Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:29 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Rats
Lead Developer
03 Jul 2012

Claiming for minute exterior work.

I was also thinking about making some sort of preview video of Old Ebonheart for the TR Youtube channel. Any suggestions for a free video capturing software?

Post Wed May 20, 2015 11:19 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
klep
Lead Developer
23 Nov 2014

I think Aeven did some videos. He might know something, and is often (present but not very active) in the IRC channel.
Post Wed May 20, 2015 12:57 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Rats
Lead Developer
03 Jul 2012

New Section File up. You need the attached OE Flag and Banners file to view it properly.

TR_OldEbonheart_v.0065.esp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TR_OldEbonheart_v.0065.esp
 Filesize:  4.12 MB
 Downloaded:  84 Time(s)

OE Flag and Banners (1).7z
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  OE Flag and Banners (1).7z
 Filesize:  184.71 KB
 Downloaded:  89 Time(s)

Post Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:11 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014

Is there any significance as to which way the dragon is facing?
Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:35 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
10Kaziem
Lead Developer
03 Apr 2015

To respond to an earlier post: Open Broadcaster Software does good stuff; I use it on occasion. https://obsproject.com/
Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:26 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group